Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

OT - What are you doing right now?

Options

Comments

• DoubleEgger
    DoubleEgger Posts: 17,354
    Options
    Ask for an order of Freedom Fries @JohnInCarolina
  • Foghorn
    Foghorn Posts: 9,927
    Options
    In a cab to DCA in a minivan with a driver who keeps his hand on the gear shift like he’s driving a manual transmission and planning to shift soon. 

XXL BGE, Karebecue, Klose BYC, Chargiller Akorn Kamado, Weber Smokey Mountain, Grand Turbo gasser, Weber Smoky Joe, and the wheelbarrow that my grandfather used to cook steaks from his cattle

San Antonio, TX

• DoubleEgger
    edited April 5
    Options
    Saw an ad on FB for a new Foodsaver that will handle liquids. I went to Foodsaver’s website and this clarification was mentioned several times. 

For the first time ever, easily seal liquids like soups, sauces and salsas with your FoodSaver Vacuum Sealer!* (*Liquids with a viscosity of 1.39 mPa·s or higher)

I was interested in it until I saw the clarifications. How are you supposed to know what the viscosity of food is? 

I don’t want to be doing @JohnInCarolina level math equations when I want to seal something. 

• Botch
    Botch Posts: 15,658
    Options
    You don't have an Acme Food Viscosity meter?!?

When people talk about traveling to the past, they worry about radically changing the present by doing something small, but barely anyone in the present really thinks that they can radically change the future by doing something small. 

• Ozzie_Isaac
    Ozzie_Isaac Posts: 19,412
    Options
    Saw an ad on FB for a new Foodsaver that will handle liquids. I went to Foodsaver’s website and this clarification was mentioned several times. 

For the first time ever, easily seal liquids like soups, sauces and salsas with your FoodSaver Vacuum Sealer!* (*Liquids with a viscosity of 1.39 mPa·s or higher)

I was interested in it until I saw the clarifications. How are you supposed to know what the viscosity of food is? 

I don’t want to be doing @JohnInCarolina level math equations when I want to seal something. 

Use the food saver to determine the threshold.  If it doesn’t work then you know the viscosity was to low. Easy peasy.
    No philosophers so thoroughly comprehend us as dogs and horses. - Herman Melville
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    Options
    No philosophers so thoroughly comprehend us as dogs and horses. - Herman Melville
  • Canugghead
    Canugghead Posts: 11,704
    Options
    @DoubleEgger @Botch
    who cares about the viscosity meter, just use Ron's hack - freeze  ;)

canuckland
  • DoubleEgger
    Options
    @DoubleEgger @Botch

That’s what I do and it takes too much time. 
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    Options
    @DoubleEgger @Botch

Anova chamber sealer is cheaper and can do liquids that are actually liquid.  Just need worry about vapor pressure.
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    Options
    In the continuing saga of people are **** crazy, my daughter sent me a video this morning of an old guy pointing a gun and two high school students in a parking lot (across from the school) and yelling at them.  She got to be interviewed by the po-po.  I am thinking of moving to Canada.
  • alaskanassasin
    alaskanassasin Posts: 7,817
    Options
    In the continuing saga of people are **** crazy, my daughter sent me a video this morning of an old guy pointing a gun and two high school students in a parking lot (across from the school) and yelling at them.  She got to be interviewed by the po-po.  I am thinking of moving to Canada.
    Canada ain’t what it used to be.
    South of Columbus, Ohio.

• JohnInCarolina
    JohnInCarolina Posts: 31,291
    Options
    Yep, they don’t have Bieber any more.  
    "I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike
  • JohnInCarolina
    Options
    Greetings from Suce-sur-Erdre which the locals tell me roughly translates as “blow job”

• GrateEggspectations
    Options
    Why so down on Canada? Green does not look good on you. 😉

Like I’ve said before, I think we’re all circling the bowl, but I can assure you that for the majority of Canadians, gun violence is not a major preoccupation at present. And for the guns that do cause concern, you can probably guess where they’re coming from. 
  • Canugghead
    Canugghead Posts: 11,704
    Options
    Thanks to :murica: for sharing its bounty.
    canuckland
  • dbCooper
    dbCooper Posts: 2,170
    Options

Next years freezer beef

@alaskanassasin - Are you expanding into ranching?  Or just raising for personal use?
    LBGE, LBGE-PTR, 22" Weber, Coleman 413G
    Great Plains, USA
  • lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,864
    Options
    @JohnInCarolina - I woulda thought the French translation more refined as in "air start." B)
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • GrateEggspectations
    GrateEggspectations Posts: 9,535
    edited April 5
    Options
    lousubcap said:
    @JohnInCarolina - I woulda thought the French translation more refined as in "air start." B)
    The most sophisticated French innuendo I’ve heard was “tremper son pinceau” - loosely translated to “dipping your brush”, as in painting. Learned it in conversation years back. Almost poetic in its crassness. 

If you wanna slum it, “donnez-moi une pipe” will get the job done. 

Now there are a few conversation starters for you, @JohnInCarolina.

😂

(I was born to unilingual English parents, but was lucky enough to learn the finer points of the French language via exposure over the years.)
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    Options
    Why so down on Canada? Green does not look good on you. 😉

Like I’ve said before, I think we’re all circling the bowl, but I can assure you that for the majority of Canadians, gun violence is not a major preoccupation at present. And for the guns that do cause concern, you can probably guess where they’re coming from. 
    Russia.  They are like only 30 miles away.

This situation escalated into multiple interviews and kids involved.  Apparently when an adult has road rage and pulls a gun on two students right across from a high school that just had a lockdown earlier in the week police don’t take it to kindly.  Multiple detectives investigating, which is interesting because this adult seemed to forget every student had a little recording device they like to use all the time.  So lots of people saw this ****.
  • DoubleEgger
    Options
    I guess Arizona is indeed the wild west. 
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    Options
    I guess Arizona is indeed the wild west. 
    It isn’t always like this.  In my 40 years I have only had 3 guns pulled on me in Arizona.  Two incidents in a week is rare.
  • FrostyEgg
    FrostyEgg Posts: 592
    Options
    Bourbon and basketball. 
  • CPFC1905
    CPFC1905 Posts: 1,902
    Options
    Hey @JohnInCarolina I will be in Carcassonne from this afternoon,  we'll be almost in touching distance (in comparative terms).  Would it be like when Harry met Sally or when Will Smith was the man with super powers who met the lady who gave him meatballs in that movie I can't remember the name of?
    Other girls may try to take me away 
    But you know, it's by your side I will stay
  • JohnInCarolina
    Options
    CPFC1905 said:
    Hey @JohnInCarolina I will be in Carcassonne from this afternoon,  we'll be almost in touching distance (in comparative terms).  Would it be like when Harry met Sally or when Will Smith was the man with super powers who met the lady who gave him meatballs in that movie I can't remember the name of?
    Just checked and you’re about six hours from me by car at the moment.  Should we split the difference and meet somewhere interesting, like Bordeaux?
  • alaskanassasin
    alaskanassasin Posts: 7,817
    Options
    dbCooper said:

Next years freezer beef

@alaskanassasin - Are you expanding into ranching?  Or just raising for personal use?

Hey @dbCooper,  These are my neighbor Bill's cows.  He has 3-4 cows usually and we split one of the steers every year.  This young bull (it is always the bulls) was a complete pita, he was laying in the fence row outside the wire ready to fade away. So Bill called me to help get them in the barn, he drove the Kubota and blocked while I scooped the little **** up and carried him in the bed of the RTV.

I called Bill a few hours later and he answered by saying "terrible, its going terrible he won't suck, I could use a hand"  basically the first few hours are crucial, mom needs to clean him up, next he needs to stand, and finally milk on his own, calves need colostrum pretty shortly after birth.  Bill was trying to hold the teat and hold the baby to it and it kept backing away.  My roll was to stand behind him so he could not back away and help hold him up because he was getting weak at that point.   After half a hour we had him nursing, he finally figured out how to work the milk bag, I checked in this morning and he is doing just fine so looks like he is going to make it.
       I should say the cow was not a fan of @alaskanassasin we were just along for the ride a few times, and when the baby was standing on its own, milking on its own she swung her head around and hit me in the back and letting me know they can take it from here lol.
    South of Columbus, Ohio.

• CPFC1905
    Options
    CPFC1905 said:
    Just checked and you’re about six hours from me by car at the moment.  Should we split the difference and meet somewhere interesting, like Bordeaux?
    Would be a splendid notion except I remain in Biighty for now,  for reasons it is too soon to discuss but does involve a half completed drive to the airport and one too few passports in the car.  :o

We are re-scheduled.

If you can wait until June we will be staying in Bergerac, even closer! 
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    Options
    CPFC1905 said:
    CPFC1905 said:
    Would be a splendid notion except I remain in Biighty for now,  for reasons it is too soon to discuss but does involve a half completed drive to the airport and one too few passports in the car.  :o

We are re-scheduled.

Ooof!  That is no bueno.  Hopefully your plans can accommodate the passport retrieval.
  • johnmitchell
    johnmitchell Posts: 6,648
    Options
    CPFC1905 said:
    CPFC1905 said:

We are re-scheduled.

I guess it could have been worse😂
    Greensboro North Carolina
    When in doubt Accelerate....
  • CPFC1905
    Options
    CPFC1905 said:
    CPFC1905 said:

We are re-scheduled.

Ooof!  That is no bueno.  Hopefully your plans can accommodate the passport retrieval.
    Too soon,@Ozzie_Isaac too soon.