Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

OT - What are you doing right now?

Options

Comments

• JohnInCarolina
    JohnInCarolina Posts: 31,319
    Options
    ColbyLang said:
    Watching my wife pack my pickup for a 30 hour trip to our lake house. I’m on injured reserve and am very little help. We were supposed to be on the road 80 minutes ago. I ain’t bringing that up 
    The secret to marital longevity is knowing when to remain silent.
    "I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike
  • lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,880
    Options
    ColbyLang said:
    Watching my wife pack my pickup for a 30 hour trip to our lake house. I’m on injured reserve and am very little help. We were supposed to be on the road 80 minutes ago. I ain’t bringing that up 
    I feel this was skipped over with some important questions. First, does it take 30 hours to get to, if so why did you get a place so far away (not judging, just curious)? Second, why are you not pulling the ol’ gender role reversal and telling her how to job that she is perfectly capable of doing (feminism and all)?
    I am glad you asked as I was doing the 30 hoursX 60mph = 1800 miles.  Starting in LA (Louisiana) that covers a whole lot of the lower 48.  

Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • WeberWho
    WeberWho Posts: 11,123
    edited March 31
    Options
    Mad Scientist has his own pit coming out:

https://youtu.be/oUUkzVtrKYk?si=K9Q8t2OrlWcxmOgG
    "The pig is an amazing animal. You feed a pig an apple and it makes bacon. Let's see Michael Phelps do that" - Jim Gaffigan

Minnesota
  • Battleborn
    Battleborn Posts: 3,428
    Options
    When wheelin today and exploring some old mines.

Where did you get the raccoon?
    Las Vegas, NV

• kl8ton
    kl8ton Posts: 5,478
    Options

Aren't supposed to bring a canary down there with you?
    Large, Medium, MiniMax, & 22, and 36" Blackstone
    Grand Rapids MI
  • kl8ton
    Options
    Just deboned two chickens for Easter. Still averaging 12 minutes per bird. Didn't cut myself so that's a win. Brisket is on. Screaming fast progression. Egg settled in at 260 and brisket is already at 160. I think I'll be up in the night to rest it/wrap it when the alert goes off. Costco choice this time. Meat guy said they don't see much prime anymore. I was back in Costco yesterday and there was a prime sitting in the case.... But my choice looked better. Good night!  

Oh and I'm going to check my son's data usage on the bill...I think he's near 100 GB per month. 

Grand Rapids MI
  • Dyal_SC
    Dyal_SC Posts: 6,147
    Options
    Got a lamb roast prepped and marinating in the garage fridge. Easter baskets set out for the kiddos. And just read through a couple more chapters of a pretty decent biography.  And a few too many dove dark chocolates. This rockstar lifestyle I’m living is going to put me in an early grave if I don’t stop soon. 
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    Ozzie_Isaac Posts: 19,449
    Options

Where did you get the raccoon?
    Lol!  I will never look at him the same again!
    No philosophers so thoroughly comprehend us as dogs and horses. - Herman Melville
  • ColbyLang
    ColbyLang Posts: 3,562
    Options
    ColbyLang said:
    The secret to marital longevity is knowing when to remain silent.
    lousubcap said:
    ColbyLang said:
    I feel this was skipped over with some important questions. First, does it take 30 hours to get to, if so why did you get a place so far away (not judging, just curious)? Second, why are you not pulling the ol’ gender role reversal and telling her how to job that she is perfectly capable of doing (feminism and all)?
    I am glad you asked as I was doing the 30 hoursX 60mph = 1800 miles.  Starting in LA (Louisiana) that covers a whole lot of the lower 48.  

Let’s answer 3 at once. Family has a lake
    house sub 90 minutes from our home. Duration of trip being 30 hours total at the lake house. Worked yesterday morning. Drive in for 2pm (haha), will be home before 7pm Easter Sunday. @JohnInCarolina is so right. Im already on crutches, I don’t need her hurting me anymore
  • lkapigian
    lkapigian Posts: 10,937
    Options
    That’s pretty cool @Ozzie_Isaac
    Visalia, Ca @lkapigian
  • JohnInCarolina
    Options
    Watching a team from a small school in the south play some game with a bouncing ball.
  • Dyal_SC
    Dyal_SC Posts: 6,147
    Options
    Watching a team from a small school in the south play some game with a bouncing ball.
    I wouldn’t want be on the bad side of Burns, Jr. 
  • JohnInCarolina
    Options
    Dyal_SC said:
    I wouldn’t want be on the bad side of Burns, Jr. 
    Those are the breaks. Hats off to this State team, they earned it.  
  • shtgunal3
    shtgunal3 Posts: 5,746
    Options
    Just threw some fries in the fryer. Leftover brisket fries for a late dinner.

LBGE,SBGE, and a Mini makes three......Sweet home Alabama........ Stay thirsty my friends .

• Battleborn
    Options
    Just crushed the American tradition of a grilled burger with smoked Mac and cheese. It was delicious. All while watching paranormal TV 
    Las Vegas, NV

• Ybabpmuts
    Ybabpmuts Posts: 950
    Options
    Paranormal TV?
  • ColbyLang
    Options
    Awaiting my 1:30pm ortho appointment. Gotta see if I need surgery on this ankle or not. 
  • lousubcap
    Options
    @ColbyLang - Sounds like slow rolling this deal given you broke it better than a week ago.  As you are acutely aware, no doctor here but hopefully you were given some idea as to the chance for surgery since you weren't placed in a cast.  I'm sure the Xray shows the amount of bone displacement.  Good luck with this.  
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • ColbyLang
    Options
    lousubcap said:
    @ColbyLang - Sounds like slow rolling this deal given you broke it better than a week ago.  As you are acutely aware, no doctor here but hopefully you were given some idea as to the chance for surgery since you weren't placed in a cast.  I'm sure the Xray shows the amount of bone displacement.  Good luck with this.  
    So I was saved from surgery. Displacement is only 4.5mm. Did have ligament/tendon damage. Not enough to warrant me getting cut thankfully. So it’s super light duty for the next 3-4 weeks and then start walking on it. Intermittent X-rays every 2 weeks to make sure it’s healing. Frank, the delay was to allow swelling to subside. Air boot/crutches/knee scooter as treatment
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    Ozzie_Isaac Posts: 19,449
    Options
    ColbyLang said:
    lousubcap said:
    So I was saved from surgery. Displacement is only 4.5mm. Did have ligament/tendon damage. Not enough to warrant me getting cut thankfully. So it’s super light duty for the next 3-4 weeks and then start walking on it. Intermittent X-rays every 2 weeks to make sure it’s healing. Frank, the delay was to allow swelling to subside. Air boot/crutches/knee scooter as treatment
    That sounds like amazing news!  Hope it heals quick and straight so you can go play soccer with your daughter again!
    No philosophers so thoroughly comprehend us as dogs and horses. - Herman Melville
  • kl8ton
    Options
    Easter Brisket was a success.  Cow drove the cook and a 17lb Costco Choice was ready in 9 hours @ 250.  

Checked cell phone bill.  18yo son used 90GB last month.  I used 9.  I think mine was that high because of mobile hotspot.  Kids in the car doing schoolwork on a long drive both ways.  
    Grand Rapids MI
  • alaskanassasin
    alaskanassasin Posts: 7,828
    Options
    That is really cool @JohnInCarolina
    South of Columbus, Ohio.

• lousubcap
    Options
    Better to be lucky than good right there @JohnInCarolina.  Safe travels and you may find some wine to augment your beer cravings.
  • Bellavista52
    Bellavista52 Posts: 145
    Options
    April in Paris!
    XL and Small BGEs in South Carolina
  • lousubcap
    Options
    Upon further review the Crazy Horse Cabaret is still going strong in Paris.  
  • Battleborn
    Options
    lousubcap said:
    Upon further review the Crazy Horse Cabaret is still going strong in Paris.  
    Side note, Crazy Horse III Gentlemen’s Club is also still going strong just outside of the football stadium. 
    Las Vegas, NV

• ColtsFan
    ColtsFan Posts: 6,418
    edited April 2
    Options
    Man down! I’d say it was a little windy during that storm. 

It appears to have survived. 

~ John - https://www.instagram.com/hoosier_egger
    XL BGE, LG BGE, KJ Jr, PK Original, Ardore Pizza Oven, King Disc 
    Bloomington, IN - Hoo Hoo Hoo Hoosiers!

• DoubleEgger
    DoubleEgger Posts: 17,369
    Options