Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

OT - What are you doing right now?

Options

Comments

• DoubleEgger
    DoubleEgger Posts: 17,384
    Options
    Should have flexed and pulled them out with the Porsche. 
  • ColbyLang
    ColbyLang Posts: 3,562
    Options
    Sitting at a walk in clinic. Ankle getting worse. Bout to have an X Ray lol
  • alaskanassasin
    alaskanassasin Posts: 7,831
    Options
    ColbyLang said:
    Sitting at a walk in clinic. Ankle getting worse. Bout to have an X Ray lol

I hope it is just old age slowing your healing.
    South of Columbus, Ohio.

• lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,900
    Options
    @ColbyLang - hope the Xray is negative but that fibula can break with that kind of roll.  Regardless, a high ankle sprain takes a good deal of time for recovery.  Either way it sucks.  
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • Gulfcoastguy
    Gulfcoastguy Posts: 6,431
    Options
    lousubcap said:
    @ColbyLang - hope the Xray is negative but that fibula can break with that kind of roll.  Regardless, a high ankle sprain takes a good deal of time for recovery.  Either way it sucks.  
    Agree, been there and done that. With a break it swells almost instantly. That crunch sound is pretty distinctive though.
  • ColbyLang
    Options
    lousubcap said:
    Displaced fracture of my fibula. Were you also a doctor alongside being a sub commander? See ortho tomorrow. Hoping for a hard cast and not a metal plate. Left with a walking boot and crutches. Less than thrilled 
  • Gulfcoastguy
    Options
    ColbyLang said:
    lousubcap said:
    Displaced fracture of my fibula. Were you also a doctor alongside being a sub commander? See ortho tomorrow. Hoping for a hard cast and not a metal plate. Left with a walking boot and crutches. Less than thrilled 
    My case was back in 1994 but it was a cast from my toes to my crotch. To shower stick the leg in a garbage bag and tape the top. 
  • johnmitchell
    johnmitchell Posts: 6,652
    Options
    @ColbyLang. Wishing you a speedy healing and recovery 
    Greensboro North Carolina
    When in doubt Accelerate....
  • Gulfcoastguy
    Options
    lousubcap said:
    @Gulfcoastguy - hopefully a healthy deposit that they have sacrificed.  That type behaviour (nod) seems to becoming more prevalent.  Not a good trend.  
    The deposit was originally 1 months rent but it wasn't increased when the rent went up $200. No rent paid since they received their 30 days notice which puts us $200 in the hole not counting damages beyond everyday wear and tear. Then the utilities didn't automatically revert to my Dad's name like they were supposed to resulting in connection fees. To be honest about it repainting and carpet cleaning is sort of expected after 6 years. Snipping the dryer wires and breaking drawers and fridge handles is not. What chaps me is about a year and a half ago my Dad offered to sell it to them at below market price and held the offer open for 4 months. Despite an income level twice what my Dad and Mom brought in the renter had too bad a credit level to qualify with any bank.
  • Dyal_SC
    Dyal_SC Posts: 6,147
    Options
    Hope you feel better soon, Colby.  Crutches do suck. 
  • lousubcap
    Options
    @ColbyLang - consider yourself lucky (better to be lucky than good) as every fibula break I know of required a cast of at least 6 weeks and perhaps more if the ankle ligaments were compromised.  There's a whole lot going on with that joint.  Time for a brown water infusion.  
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • Gulfcoastguy
    Options
    ColbyLang said:
    Being thankful. Orthopedic doctor doesn’t seem to think I’ll need surgery. MRI Friday morning to confirm. Crutches and a boot for 6-8 weeks. PS, one day in and crutches suck!
    Wait until you have to go up stairs!
  • GrateEggspectations
    Options
    Sorry to hear about your ordeal, @ColbyLang. Sounds painful, but I guess the good news is that it is not quite as bad as it could have been. The other silver lining is that I guess you’ll be spending more time on the forum. 🙃
  • dbCooper
    dbCooper Posts: 2,182
    Options
    @ColbyLang - After your MRI results, ask about a knee scooter to supplement the crutches.
    When doing stairs there's this... “Good goes to heaven (up), bad goes to hell (down).”
    Wishing you the best in recovery.

LBGE, LBGE-PTR, 22" Weber, Coleman 413G
    Great Plains, USA
  • HeavyG
    HeavyG Posts: 10,380
    Options
    Just heard that a cargo ship hit the Francis Scott Key Bridge in Baltimore. That's going to be quite a problem obviously. Haven't heard yet if there were any casualties.
    The video on the twitter link was apparently from a live harbor cam and is rather dramatic:

Here's a link to the live cam that caught the incident:

https://youtu.be/83a7h3kkgPg

“Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away.” ― Philip K. Diçk

• ColbyLang
    Options
    ColbyLang said:
    Being thankful. Orthopedic doctor doesn’t seem to think I’ll need surgery. MRI Friday morning to confirm. Crutches and a boot for 6-8 weeks. PS, one day in and crutches suck!
    Split level floor plan in our house. Stairs ain’t fun. And it’s only 3 lol. 

dbCooper said:
    @ColbyLang - After your MRI results, ask about a knee scooter to supplement the crutches.
    When doing stairs there's this... “Good goes to heaven (up), bad goes to hell (down).”

You mean this bad boy?!? Picking it up today actually 

• Ozzie_Isaac
    Ozzie_Isaac Posts: 19,460
    Options
    HeavyG said:
    Just heard that a cargo ship hit the Francis Scott Key Bridge in Baltimore. That's going to be quite a problem obviously. Haven't heard yet if there were any casualties.
    The video on the twitter link was apparently from a live harbor cam and is rather dramatic:

Holy smokes!!  Whole thing collapsed, looked like a bunch of lights were still going across too when it happened.  That ship center punched the support.
    No philosophers so thoroughly comprehend us as dogs and horses. - Herman Melville
  • BigreenGreg
    BigreenGreg Posts: 586
    Options
    Sunshine Skyway all over again damn.
    Shoot the tug captain.
    LBGE, 36" Blackstone, Anova Pro
    Charleston, SC
  • lousubcap
    Options
    Appears to have lost power at 01:24 33 and regained (at least lighting) it around one minute later.  Then hit the bridge about 4 minutes after the initial power loss.  Tragic all the way around.  
  • kl8ton
    kl8ton Posts: 5,490
    Options
    Sunshine Skyway all over again damn.
    Shoot the tug captain.
    I can't find it now but I read that the tug had just tied back up when it received the distress call and it couldn't make it back out there in time to assist.  
    Large, Medium, MiniMax, & 22, and 36" Blackstone
    Grand Rapids MI
  • fishlessman
    fishlessman Posts: 32,989
    Options
    HeavyG said:

Holy smokes!!  Whole thing collapsed, looked like a bunch of lights were still going across too when it happened.  That ship center punched the support.

absolutely crazy how fast that bridge went down......
    fukahwee maine

you can lead a fish to water but you can not make him drink it
  • fishlessman
    Options
    shtgunal3 said:

What did you go with?
    I had the Triple Citra Daydream, followed by this flight:

Not a ton of beer volume-wise, but I was pretty blitzed walking out of there.

the citra day dream is a good one
    fukahwee maine

• fishlessman
    Options
    Growing up in Alaska folks did not **** around, we had guns pulled on us while trying to sell magazine subscriptions or whatever for a fundraiser. If you were exploring on someone's land you would just hear a gunshot, and walk back the way you came yelling OKAY OKAY OKAY WE ARE LEAVING!
     Such a different mindset across the pond. No wonder why the Nordic countries always rank the best in happiness and quality of life. 

That is a cool concept, especially if you could opt out lol, the ole purple paint can.

Rural Alaska was pretty wild growing up, a lot of people were running from things living in shacks or half built houses. Lots of outlaws, gritty hard people, people completely off grid raising families. For example  my best friend in 6th grade would drive his dads truck to the bar and pick him up when mom was working.
      I bet @fishlessman and I could trade some stories over a campfire.

one of my neighbors shot his kid in the back for driving to school when he could of walked.......those kinda stories =)  he didnt even get arrested
    Live Free Or Die, Baby

its funny, we grew up in the same state but im thinking a hundred and fifty years apart. within 10 houses apart on my street, howard got shot in the back and lived, kevin shot himself in the heart and died, billy got shot and died in a local bar on his 21st, and a marcott girl hung herself. these were just kids i grew up with the oldest being 21.  and those arent the crazy stories from my street, those would be told at a bonfire with the alaskan =)
    fukahwee maine

• fishlessman
    Options
    ColbyLang said:
    ColbyLang said:

dbCooper said:

be careful with that thing, i know someone that just got one and it turns to far causing it to flip your face into the pavement hard. she is in a boot for the next 4 to 6 months, you cant even wiggle your toes, full boot up to the knee.
    fukahwee maine

• alaskanassasin
    Options
    Growing up in Alaska folks did not **** around, we had guns pulled on us while trying to sell magazine subscriptions or whatever for a fundraiser. If you were exploring on someone's land you would just hear a gunshot, and walk back the way you came yelling OKAY OKAY OKAY WE ARE LEAVING!
     Such a different mindset across the pond. No wonder why the Nordic countries always rank the best in happiness and quality of life. 

That is a cool concept, especially if you could opt out lol, the ole purple paint can.

Rural Alaska was pretty wild growing up, a lot of people were running from things living in shacks or half built houses. Lots of outlaws, gritty hard people, people completely off grid raising families. For example  my best friend in 6th grade would drive his dads truck to the bar and pick him up when mom was working.
      I bet @fishlessman and I could trade some stories over a campfire.

one of my neighbors shot his kid in the back for driving to school when he could of walked.......those kinda stories =)  he didnt even get arrested
    Live Free Or Die, Baby

its funny, we grew up in the same state but im thinking a hundred and fifty years apart. within 10 houses apart on my street, howard got shot in the back and lived, kevin shot himself in the heart and died, billy got shot and died in a local bar on his 21st, and a marcott girl hung herself. these were just kids i grew up with the oldest being 21.  and those arent the crazy stories from my street, those would be told at a bonfire with the alaskan =)

I might be doing more listening!
    South of Columbus, Ohio.

• alaskanassasin
    Options
    ColbyLang said:
    ColbyLang said:

dbCooper said:

When do you get the training wheels off?
    South of Columbus, Ohio.