Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

OT - What are you doing right now?

Options

Comments

• ColbyLang
    ColbyLang Posts: 3,436
    Options
    ColbyLang said:
    ColbyLang said:
    Being thankful. Orthopedic doctor doesn’t seem to think I’ll need surgery. MRI Friday morning to confirm. Crutches and a boot for 6-8 weeks. PS, one day in and crutches suck!
    Wait until you have to go up stairs!
    Split level floor plan in our house. Stairs ain’t fun. And it’s only 3 lol. 

dbCooper said:
    @ColbyLang - After your MRI results, ask about a knee scooter to supplement the crutches.
    When doing stairs there's this... “Good goes to heaven (up), bad goes to hell (down).”
    Wishing you the best in recovery.

You mean this bad boy?!? Picking it up today actually 

When do you get the training wheels off?
    So today we are closed for full sanitation and maintenance. Every Tuesday. (My Sunday is your Monday). I Tokyo drifted around some equipment on wet floors to get used to it. Doesn’t turn very sharp. Training wheel assists in the flip over portion of the ride 
  • GrateEggspectations
    Options

Looks pretty fancy. Almost belongs in the exotics thread, if not for the slow 0-60 times. 
  • fishlessman
    fishlessman Posts: 32,776
    Options
    ColbyLang said:
    ColbyLang said:
    ColbyLang said:
    Being thankful. Orthopedic doctor doesn’t seem to think I’ll need surgery. MRI Friday morning to confirm. Crutches and a boot for 6-8 weeks. PS, one day in and crutches suck!
    Wait until you have to go up stairs!
    Split level floor plan in our house. Stairs ain’t fun. And it’s only 3 lol. 

dbCooper said:
    @ColbyLang - After your MRI results, ask about a knee scooter to supplement the crutches.
    When doing stairs there's this... “Good goes to heaven (up), bad goes to hell (down).”
    Wishing you the best in recovery.

You mean this bad boy?!? Picking it up today actually 

When do you get the training wheels off?
    So today we are closed for full sanitation and maintenance. Every Tuesday. (My Sunday is your Monday). I Tokyo drifted around some equipment on wet floors to get used to it. Doesn’t turn very sharp. Training wheel assists in the flip over portion of the ride 

looking closer your steering looks different, her steering rotates 360 degrees. a really dumb design
    fukahwee maine

you can lead a fish to water but you can not make him drink it
  • fishlessman
    fishlessman Posts: 32,776
    Options
    Growing up in Alaska folks did not **** around, we had guns pulled on us while trying to sell magazine subscriptions or whatever for a fundraiser. If you were exploring on someone's land you would just hear a gunshot, and walk back the way you came yelling OKAY OKAY OKAY WE ARE LEAVING!
     Such a different mindset across the pond. No wonder why the Nordic countries always rank the best in happiness and quality of life. 

That is a cool concept, especially if you could opt out lol, the ole purple paint can.

Rural Alaska was pretty wild growing up, a lot of people were running from things living in shacks or half built houses. Lots of outlaws, gritty hard people, people completely off grid raising families. For example  my best friend in 6th grade would drive his dads truck to the bar and pick him up when mom was working.
      I bet @fishlessman and I could trade some stories over a campfire.

one of my neighbors shot his kid in the back for driving to school when he could of walked.......those kinda stories =)  he didnt even get arrested
    Live Free Or Die, Baby

its funny, we grew up in the same state but im thinking a hundred and fifty years apart. within 10 houses apart on my street, howard got shot in the back and lived, kevin shot himself in the heart and died, billy got shot and died in a local bar on his 21st, and a marcott girl hung herself. these were just kids i grew up with the oldest being 21.  and those arent the crazy stories from my street, those would be told at a bonfire with the alaskan =)

I might be doing more listening!

=) growing up in a boiler/weld shop is where it really gets going. theres a bulletin board in the boiler lounge called the wall of shame.........theres some crazy **** on that wall
    fukahwee maine

you can lead a fish to water but you can not make him drink it
  • lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,407
    Options
    A really big challenge for Baltimore harbour (nod) is to get an accessible ship channel operational.  Lots of traffic stuck in there.  
    What a disaster across the board.  
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • Canugghead
    Canugghead Posts: 11,537
    Options
    Just got done attempting to fix our dryer. It is making a god awful banging noise. My daughter said I sounded like the dad from A Christmas Story. My fix didn’t work but I ran out of patience. We’ll try again another day. 
    Just did a similar fix last week. Bought a kit on Amazon including rollers, belt and pulley and changed it all out. All is now running as new. Very much worth it. 
    My front load washer vibrates like a freight train, any pointers?
    Yes. Get a new one. 🙃

I have no experience with front load washers, but given how easy it was to fix the dryer, I would not hesitate to try to diagnose and fix it. 

@battleborn any update on your dryer problem?

Bad news, good news on my washer...
    TL/DR: replaced shocks, felt like problem somewhat worse than before. Fail!
    Consolation: Cleaned out drain trap and found a dime and a quarter. Hoping I've solved the F02 Drain Problem that pops up every so often. So far so good, no F02 after two washes.

canuckland
  • GrateEggspectations
    Options
    @Canugghead

Sorry to hear you were not able to harvest the fruit of your labour. Seems obvious, but have you scoured forums for similar issues with your particular make and model? 
  • Canugghead
    Options
    @GrateEggspectations We've lived with the problem all these years, not going to spend more time on it. It's an improvement with the F02 error gone, hopefully.
    @Battleborn Sorry to hear that, you should thank your wife!
    canuckland
  • GrateEggspectations
    GrateEggspectations Posts: 9,313
    edited March 27
    Options
    @Battleborn

When my father (logical to the extreme) learned I was to repair my dryer, he told me to wear gloves because of the sharp edges. I gave them a go, but found them to be too difficult for the tighter spaces. Took them off only to promptly cut my knuckle. 

Lol about your wife’s purchase. 
  • GrateEggspectations
    Options
    Sharing this because it is too funny not to….

Was out with my kids waiting for the bus when a four year old boy, whose father was also present, proudly says “my daddy has a rip on his p3nis”. Then, following awkward silence where everyone was trying to process this, proclaims it again, this time more loudly and confidently, with joy and pride, but also innocently and without malice. 

I obviously do not know what this was about (hopefully a misunderstanding of a vasectomy and nothing serious; not making light of any ailment at all), but the father was mortified and was frantically trying to get control of the situation, saying “we don’t talk about these things in public”. I then tried to soften the blow by telling my own embarrassing story. 

A good reminder that we should mind what we say in front of our children!! 😂
  • Canugghead
    Options
    @GrateEggspectations Reminds me of 'Poor Things', lol
    canuckland
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    Ozzie_Isaac Posts: 19,128
    Options

Was out with my kids waiting for the bus when a four year old boy, whose father was also present, proudly says “my daddy has a rip on his p3nis”. Then, following awkward silence where everyone was trying to process this, proclaims it again, this time more loudly and confidently, with joy and pride, but also innocently and without malice. 

I obviously do not know what this was about (hopefully a misunderstanding of a vasectomy and nothing serious; not making light of any ailment at all), but the father was mortified and was frantically trying to get control of the situation, saying “we don’t talk about these things in public”. I then tried to soften the blow by telling my own embarrassing story. 

Please say you got him a can of Flexseal for tomorrow at the bus stop?
    They don’t want a population of citizens capable of critical thinking. They don’t want well informed, well educated people capable of critical thinking. They’re not interested in that. That doesn’t help them. That's against their interests. - George Carlin
  • GrateEggspectations
    Options
    @Canugghead

Had to look up “Poor Things”. Very well-rated. 
  • JohnInCarolina
    JohnInCarolina Posts: 30,981
    Options

You’re not going to tell us what your own embarrassing story was?  You big tease!
    "I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike
  • alaskanassasin
    alaskanassasin Posts: 7,667
    Options
    Could it have been a “drip”? Either way that is classic 
    South of Columbus, Ohio.

• DoubleEgger
    DoubleEgger Posts: 17,192
    edited March 27
    Options

How do you get the beans above the frank? 
  • Gulfcoastguy
    Gulfcoastguy Posts: 6,306
    Options
    Nice start to the day. Flat tire.
  • GrateEggspectations
    Options
    @JohnInCarolina

Let’s just say it involved poison ivy. 
  • Canugghead
    Options
    @JohnInCarolina

I was thinking hot chili/sauce.
    canuckland
  • GrateEggspectations
    Options
    @JohnInCarolina

That’s more of a regular occurrence. 😅 Da Bomb is my daily dipper. 

On a related note, if you haven’t seen the Gordon Ramsay Hot Ones, do yourself a favour and watch. 
  • Battleborn
    Battleborn Posts: 3,363
    Options
    @JohnInCarolina

The first time I got OC (pepper) sprayed, we were told to make sure to keep our faces out of the water when we took a shower. I forgot and it was not a fun experience for the family jewels. I have certainly remembered every time since then. 
    Las Vegas, NV

• Canugghead
    Options
    @Battleborn wouldn't that be service truncheon?  ;)
    canuckland
  • Botch
    Botch Posts: 15,494
    Options
    Crap.  Just got a message, verizon has bought out Tracfone, whom I've been with for maybe, eight years?  Now I suppose my phone bill will go from $120/year to $99/month.  
    Crap.  
    Anyone here use Consumer Cellular?  Are you happy with it?  

Tin soldiers and Johnson's coming...

• Canugghead
    edited March 28
    Options
    Boring stuff but thought I'd do my part to help keep the lights on  =)

North facing back wall sucks for solar panel. Hopefully changing the orientation 70 degrees is going to help.

Update:

It helped. IIRC since the change last August I only needed to remove the battery and recharged it indoor once. Now that sunny days are back, it's at full capacity most of the time. It'll go down once backyard activities increase in warm weather though.

canuckland
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    Ozzie_Isaac Posts: 19,128
    edited March 28
    Options
    Boring stuff but thought I'd do my part to help keep the lights on  =)

North facing back wall sucks for solar panel. Hopefully changing the orientation 70 degrees is going to help.

Update:

It helped. IIRC since the change last August I only needed to remove the battery and recharged it indoor once. Now that sunny days are back, it's at full capacity most of the time. It'll go down once backyard activities increase in warm weather though.

So you caulked it, but kept the mismatched fasteners?  I am not sure what I think about that situation. (Also, cool that the orientation to the sun helped.  I bet if you lined your entire brick wall with aluminum foil it would do even better)
    They don’t want a population of citizens capable of critical thinking. They don’t want well informed, well educated people capable of critical thinking. They’re not interested in that. That doesn’t help them. That's against their interests. - George Carlin
  • Canugghead
    Options
    @Ozzie_Isaac It's out of the way and no one notices it. No further work needed.
    canuckland
  • HeavyG
    HeavyG Posts: 10,352
    edited March 29
    Options
    Botch said:
    Crap.  Just got a message, verizon has bought out Tracfone, whom I've been with for maybe, eight years?  Now I suppose my phone bill will go from $120/year to $99/month.  
    Crap.  

Bummer. I've been a Tracfone user for many years also. Hard to beat $10/month. 

My wife has been with Consumer Cellular for a few years and hasn't had any complaints.

Neither of us are heavy users of cell phones so they may not be suitable for everyone.

EDIT:

Just checked my email to see if I had received any recent mail regarding Verizon buying Tracfone. Last email I had from Tracfone was a month ago. Did a google search and it turns out that Verizon actually bought Tracfone a few years ago.

https://www.verizon.com/about/news/verizon-completes-tracfone-wireless-inc-acquisition

Did Verizon just recently send out an update about what they may be changing  later this year?
    “Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away.” ― Philip K. Diçk

• U_tarded
    U_tarded Posts: 2,042
    Options
    HeavyG said:
    Botch said:
    Crap.  

Bummer. I've been a Tracfone user for many years also. Hard to beat $10/month. 

My wife has been with Consumer Cellular for a few years and hasn't had any complaints.

Neither of us are heavy users of cell phones so they may not be suitable for everyone.

Check out mint mobile heard good things.  I’m on a company plan or I’d consider something like this.  Really depends on where you live I think. 
  • Botch
    Botch Posts: 15,494
    Options
    @HeavyG and @U_tarded; thanks for the info.  

Maybe nothing will change, but I've never (not once) seen a merger/takeover result in benefits for the customers (not once!) but only for the stockholders.  I'm already rattled this week to learn that my photo editing software of choice, Affinity Photo, was bought out by Canva; they've already sent out two emails reassuring me that they won't change Affinity's "buy once/lifetime license" model, but all their other products follow the hated "monthly license fee" used by too many software companies (lookin' at you, adobe...).  Dammit.    

Tin soldiers and Johnson's coming...