Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

OT - What are you doing right now?

Options

Comments

• alaskanassasin
    alaskanassasin Posts: 7,847
    Options
    Channeling my inner @WeberWho

Ordered parts via overnight delivery to be to delivered today. The boys in brown decided to not deliver it today even though I dropped $34 on shipping. I found out it wasn’t coming at 3:45 this afternoon. I was pissed off big time as the boys in brown said Monday. I found the parts, drove the 1.5hrs in the driving rain in rush hour Atlanta traffic to get to the store 10 mins before they closed. Paid twice as much as the online order but they had the parts on the shelf. Another 1hr 45mins home and an hour putting it all back together. 

I dang sure hope this works. 
    Did you run across any good pho?
    South of Columbus, Ohio.

• GrateEggspectations
    Options
    Am not much of a cocktail guy, but I’m a sucker for a homemade whiskey sour, so I mixed up a couple.

Your pictures always look so elegant. I picture your house to be an update version of Todd and Margo’s house from the 1989 classic cult film, Christmas Vacation. And I mean that in the most positive way possible. 
    Thank you. Love that movie! Watch it at least once or twice every Christmas. I recall that you are also a big fan. Pretty sure there are some big Christmas enthusiasts in your household, as I think I’ve seen the Christmas decorations come out with a healthy lead. 

We are not nearly as cutting edge for our time as Todd and Margo were. More old than new in our  old house. We do like the uncluttered look though. We can fool most visitors into thinking we don’t have young ones, but there’s a lot of tidying involved. 🙃
  • ColbyLang
    ColbyLang Posts: 3,576
    Options
    Icing my ankle. Parents versus kids in the final soccer practice of the season. Took me about 4 minutes before I slipped (we got an inch of rain yesterday) and rolled it and myself onto the wet ground. Kids laughed, parents gasped. Swollen to about double my other ankle. Yay
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    Ozzie_Isaac Posts: 19,488
    Options
    ColbyLang said:
    Icing my ankle. Parents versus kids in the final soccer practice of the season. Took me about 4 minutes before I slipped (we got an inch of rain yesterday) and rolled it and myself onto the wet ground. Kids laughed, parents gasped. Swollen to about double my other ankle. Yay
    Awe, dang! Hope you heal fast.  Rolled ankles are no bueno.  
    No philosophers so thoroughly comprehend us as dogs and horses. - Herman Melville
  • ColbyLang
    ColbyLang Posts: 3,576
    Options
    ColbyLang said:
    Gonna park me on golf for a bit. Did get a great selection in a local bourbon raffle at a grocery store. Paid retail. 

• MasterC
    MasterC Posts: 1,396
    Options
    Nice stable there
    Fort Wayne Indiana 
  • JohnInCarolina
    JohnInCarolina Posts: 31,375
    Options
    ColbyLang said:
    ColbyLang said:
    Gonna park me on golf for a bit. Did get a great selection in a local bourbon raffle at a grocery store. Paid retail. 

As Frank likes to say… better to be lucky than good any day!

Sorry about the ankle though.  That is not terribly lucky.  
    "I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike
  • GrateEggspectations
    Options
    @WeberWho

Great looking inaugural cook. Those units have always had me curious. Not so common in my parts. 
  • JohnInCarolina
    Options
    Watching Gonzaga take Kansas to the woodshed.
  • lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,952
    Options
    @lkapigian - congrats across the board.  No doubt a great event and being the groom side-someone else's nickel.  Clearly you didn't get the brown shoe memo  =)
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • lkapigian
    lkapigian Posts: 10,952
    edited March 24
    Options
    lousubcap said:
    @lkapigian - congrats across the board.  No doubt a great event and being the groom side-someone else's nickel.  Clearly you didn't get the brown shoe memo  =)
    Lol ..they are lucky I wasn’t in shorts and flip flops 
    Visalia, Ca @lkapigian
  • shtgunal3
    shtgunal3 Posts: 5,749
    Options
    Good times @lkapigian

LBGE,SBGE, and a Mini makes three......Sweet home Alabama........ Stay thirsty my friends .

• Battleborn
    Battleborn Posts: 3,439
    Options
    My wife somehow broke the facing off a kitchen cabinet drawer. For some reason I should not be slightly annoyed and she is mad at me. Weird how that works. 
    Las Vegas, NV

• Gulfcoastguy
    Gulfcoastguy Posts: 6,464
    Options
    My wife somehow broke the facing off a kitchen cabinet drawer. For some reason I should not be slightly annoyed and she is mad at me. Weird how that works. 
    I am having to get a rental house ready for sale. The tenants had been in there 6 years(still have some cr@p in the house) . They yanked two drawers in different cabinets, laundry and upstairs bathroom, into pieces and yanked the handle off of a perfectly functioning fridge. Also have to repair 2 toilets, one just an inside kit but the second one is in a leak from the copper portion of the water supply. They just cut the electrical wire leading to the dryer(theirs) and left with the plug. Then there is the penis and testes drawn with pink marker on the upstairs wall. Everything will have to be repainted. At least no roach infestation. Oh late on rent with an empty bottle of Maker's Mark on the counter.
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    Options
    @ikapigian congrats on the wedding!
    No philosophers so thoroughly comprehend us as dogs and horses. - Herman Melville
  • GrateEggspectations
    Options
    @lkapigian

Congrats, Larry. Handsome looking bunch, right there!
  • JohnInCarolina
    Options
    Broke a corner off our coffee maker carafe, rendering it useless.  Went on to Amazon to find a replacement, ordered it.  Friends it is set to show up on my doorstep tomorrow between 4 and 8 AM.  Crazy.  
  • lousubcap
    Options
    @Gulfcoastguy - hopefully a healthy deposit that they have sacrificed.  That type behaviour (nod) seems to becoming more prevalent.  Not a good trend.  
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • Battleborn
    Battleborn Posts: 3,439
    Options
    I am having to get a rental house ready for sale. The tenants had been in there 6 years(still have some cr@p in the house) . They yanked two drawers in different cabinets, laundry and upstairs bathroom, into pieces and yanked the handle off of a perfectly functioning fridge. Also have to repair 2 toilets, one just an inside kit but the second one is in a leak from the copper portion of the water supply. They just cut the electrical wire leading to the dryer(theirs) and left with the plug. Then there is the penis and testes drawn with pink marker on the upstairs wall. Everything will have to be repainted. At least no roach infestation. Oh late on rent with an empty bottle of Maker's Mark on the counter.
    That sucks, I can’t believe the state of disrepair people leave places in when they move out or get evicted. 

I will have find our materials list from when we moved in and order another drawer, if I can. Or I could just break into one of the builds that haven’t been occupied yet and take one. Joking. 
    Las Vegas, NV

• Canugghead
    Canugghead Posts: 11,745
    Options
    @DoubleEgger Thank you for the detailed writeup (no way I would settle for the TL/DR version, lol), much appreciated. I use Thermoworks fridge/freezer thermometer with alarm to monitor the freezers; the main fridge displays freezer and fridge temps but we usually don't pay attention, need to correct that.

Sounds like you have a sophisticated fridge, our main fridge frosted up few times over the years, typically during hot humid weather with frequent opening/closing of doors. Emptying+defrosting took care of it each time, touch wood.
    canuckland
  • Canugghead
    Canugghead Posts: 11,745
    Options
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    edited March 24
    Options
    Thankful my kids trust me enough to call when they need help.  Showed up to this goat roping to pull some of her friends out who got stuck at a bonfire.  Was complete chaos because a few kids in a Camaro and another sedan blocked the trail so people started trying to drive around and that was when the problems started.

• johnmitchell
    johnmitchell Posts: 6,657
    Options
    @lkapigian. Congratulations sir. What a great looking family.
    Greensboro North Carolina
    When in doubt Accelerate....
  • lousubcap
    Options
    @Ozzie_Isaac Good for you and your kids but what a way to wrap up the day given everything else you had going on.