Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

OT - What are you doing right now?

Comments

• JohnInCarolina
    JohnInCarolina Posts: 32,143

"I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike
  • lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 33,597
    Decent price points for NYC-
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • dbCooper
    dbCooper Posts: 2,357
    No longer need to drive to Wahoo for processed meats.  Abandoned Toys-R-Us was remade into a big box type booze place a few years ago.  Wahoo Locker now has an outlet in a section of the store.
    I wasn't in need of anything meat wise, still picked up a couple items just because.

LBGE, LBGE-PTR, 22" Weber, Coleman 413G
    Great Plains, USA
  • DoubleEgger
    DoubleEgger Posts: 17,756
    lousubcap said:
    Decent price points for NYC-
    I was thinking the same thing. Beer is too expensive in the ATL. 
  • Canugghead
    Canugghead Posts: 11,974
    edited March 22
    Inspired by @WeberWho and @GrateEggspectations, I was able to resurrect my favourite vintage compact hair dryer. Made in Hong Kong, years before Made in China became a thing. At 1200W with six-foot cord it probably wouldn't pass today's CSA certification; when switched to HI it's like a mini palm held heater.

Great for:
    1) Removing sticky product label.
    2) Drying my dominant hand before handling dry rubs and spices without the cumbersome glove.
    2) Finish lighting charcoal as soon as the Benzomatic got the sparks started within seconds, works like a Looftlighter on steroid.  

canuckland
  • shtgunal3
    shtgunal3 Posts: 5,814

What did you go with?

LBGE,SBGE, and a Mini makes three......Sweet home Alabama........ Stay thirsty my friends .

• @Canugghead

A+ on the repair, right there. What was the issue? Did you need to order parts? 

Dominant hand for sprinkling seasoning? You got me thinking and I’m not sure I’m consistent. Good fodder for a Friday thread. 

You can tell us the truth. Pretty sure we all know what that hair dryer is really for.

• Canugghead
    @GrateEggspectations Ya should have saved it for Friday!

Parts? this thing was made before you were born. The sliding switch travels over four sets of exposed contacts that were all gunked up, easy fix with rubbing alcohol, a narrow strip of sandpaper and dielectric grease.
    canuckland
  • Botch
    Botch Posts: 16,052
    2) Drying my dominant hand before handling dry rubs and spices without the cumbersome glove.
    Not a sentence that I expected to read in my lifetime....  :|  

When does an old joke become a "Dad" joke?  When it's apparent.  

• Ozzie_Isaac
    Ozzie_Isaac Posts: 20,225
    We played Ding-Dong Ditch (never heard Nicky Nine Doors, but some kids used a much less savory name for it) all the time as kids.  Never TP’d or egg’s anyone’s house.  That seemed more like vandalism.  We also used to jump in front of cars and then dive into ditches.  That one seems a lot more stupid looking back.

Maybe your purpose in life is only to serve as an example for others? - LPL

• fishlessman
    fishlessman Posts: 33,233
    We played Ding-Dong Ditch (never heard Nicky Nine Doors, but some kids used a much less savory name for it) all the time as kids.  Never TP’d or egg’s anyone’s house.  That seemed more like vandalism.  We also used to jump in front of cars and then dive into ditches.  That one seems a lot more stupid looking back.

eggs were for those that deserved it, getting even, some times getting ahead ;) what do you do when your 6 year old little brother gets drop kicked by an adult neighbor and your parents say you guys probably deserved it.  you make sure you deserved it =) he deserved it....he had to paint his house deserving it.

so how do you do it. wait til some kids are walking down the road, play ding-dong ditch (never knew it had a name), ring that door bell, the angry dad runs out yelling, sees some kids and chases them down the road.  step out from behind the trees and take your time painting his house with rotten eggs.

few days later your dad asks what happened to the neighbors house, you say....he probably deserved it....

i dont ever remember the tp thing back in the 70's seems like that came a decade or two later with the kids, nowadays you dont even see a smashed pumpkin on the road.  i think bed rotting is to blame for it

Bed rotting

From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Bed rotting is a phrase from social media wherein a person stays in bed for an entire day without engaging in daily activities and chores. Many who partake in bed rotting commonly spend their time on their computer or smartphone.[1][2][3][4][5] The behaviour may have a negative impact in individuals experiencing depression along with being a symptom of depression.[6]

Some observers have interpreted this as a reaction to stress and or anxiety.[7][8][9] Lifehacker has described bed rotting as The Joy of Missing Out.[10]

fukahwee maine

you can lead a fish to water but you can not make him drink it
  • DoubleEgger
    TP’ing a house would cost about a hundred bucks these days. 
  • We played Ding-Dong Ditch (never heard Nicky Nine Doors, but some kids used a much less savory name for it) all the time as kids.  Never TP’d or egg’s anyone’s house.  That seemed more like vandalism.  We also used to jump in front of cars and then dive into ditches.  That one seems a lot more stupid looking back.
    TP’ing a house would cost about a hundred bucks these days. 
    Spray a house with a bidet instead?
  • alaskanassasin
    alaskanassasin Posts: 8,110
    Growing up in Alaska folks did not **** around, we had guns pulled on us while trying to sell magazine subscriptions or whatever for a fundraiser. If you were exploring on someone's land you would just hear a gunshot, and walk back the way you came yelling OKAY OKAY OKAY WE ARE LEAVING!
    South of Columbus, Ohio.

• DoubleEgger
    Growing up in Alaska folks did not **** around, we had guns pulled on us while trying to sell magazine subscriptions or whatever for a fundraiser. If you were exploring on someone's land you would just hear a gunshot, and walk back the way you came yelling OKAY OKAY OKAY WE ARE LEAVING!
     Such a different mindset across the pond. No wonder why the Nordic countries always rank the best in happiness and quality of life. 

• BigreenGreg
    BigreenGreg Posts: 589
    When I way about 13, there was one dad who definitely deserved it. Total jackass. We radioed when he was about to turn the corner (night time) and put a small stump cloaked in black construction paper in his lane up ahead. His black cadillac did not appreciate it. We were about 1/4 mile away when we heard it. Only time i remember pulling anything like that.
    LBGE, 36" Blackstone, Anova Pro
    Charleston, SC
  • alaskanassasin
     Such a different mindset across the pond. No wonder why the Nordic countries always rank the best in happiness and quality of life. 

That is a cool concept, especially if you could opt out lol, the ole purple paint can.

Rural Alaska was pretty wild growing up, a lot of people were running from things living in shacks or half built houses. Lots of outlaws, gritty hard people, people completely off grid raising families. For example  my best friend in 6th grade would drive his dads truck to the bar and pick him up when mom was working.
      I bet @fishlessman and I could trade some stories over a campfire.

South of Columbus, Ohio.

• fishlessman
    fishlessman Posts: 33,233

That is a cool concept, especially if you could opt out lol, the ole purple paint can.

Rural Alaska was pretty wild growing up, a lot of people were running from things living in shacks or half built houses. Lots of outlaws, gritty hard people, people completely off grid raising families. For example  my best friend in 6th grade would drive his dads truck to the bar and pick him up when mom was working.

one of my neighbors shot his kid in the back for driving to school when he could of walked.......those kinda stories =)  he didnt even get arrested
    fukahwee maine

you can lead a fish to water but you can not make him drink it
  • JohnInCarolina

one of my neighbors shot his kid in the back for driving to school when he could of walked.......those kinda stories =)  he didnt even get arrested
    Live Free Or Die, Baby
  • alaskanassasin
    South of Columbus, Ohio.

• FrostyEgg
    FrostyEgg Posts: 603
    Contemplating pulling the trigger on the new Gozney Arc.
  • JohnInCarolina

• JohnInCarolina
    edited March 22
    FrostyEgg said:
    Contemplating pulling the trigger on the new Gozney Arc.

• Canugghead
    @GrateEggspectations a couple? I see three couples.
    canuckland
  • @DoubleEgger

Just for all the driving you did, I hope so too. I can see why you’d want them asap though - no fun living without a working fridge. Hope you didn’t lose any good proteins!
  • Canugghead
    edited March 23
    @DoubleEgger that sucks, glad you got it sorted out. Care to share some deets when you have time please? curious mind wants to know/learn.
    canuckland
  • Battleborn
    Battleborn Posts: 3,502
    Am not much of a cocktail guy, but I’m a sucker for a homemade whiskey sour, so I mixed up a couple.

Your pictures always look so elegant. I picture your house to be an update version of Todd and Margo’s house from the 1989 classic cult film, Christmas Vacation. And I mean that in the most positive way possible. 
    Las Vegas, NV