Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

OT - What are you doing right now?

Comments

• GrateEggspectations
    GrateEggspectations Posts: 9,837
    edited February 17
    Getting prepped for this coming week.

Congrats. And good on you for getting things ready in advance. You’ll be happy you did. 🙂

(Edit: When my wife was pregnant with our first, I brought my dad out to my 5.0 to see a “new mod” I had installed, only to reveal a car seat in the back seat.)
  • ColbyLang
    ColbyLang Posts: 3,765

You got two on deck? Godspeed
  • kl8ton
    kl8ton Posts: 5,629
    ColbyLang said:

If I remember correctly he married off some kids so I am thinking grandkids?
    Large, Medium, MiniMax, 36" Blackstone
    Grand Rapids MI
  • WeberWho
    WeberWho Posts: 11,220
    kl8ton said:
    ColbyLang said:

I believe that was Farmer Tom from the forum
    "The pig is an amazing animal. You feed a pig an apple and it makes bacon. Let's see Michael Phelps do that" - Jim Gaffigan

Minnesota
  • ColbyLang
    ColbyLang Posts: 3,765
    kl8ton said:
    ColbyLang said:

Lol- my oldest is 11!  Two on deck, we have an 11, 6, and soon to be newborns.  God has a real sense of humor as there was no lack of trying and no “goalie” for the last 14 years.  He life said she was done and was prepping to put permanent stoppers in place this year and found out we were expecting in July.  The first ultrasound in August was memorable to say the least. We are about to find out how old we really feel about a week from now as Monday is the day.
    Oh my. Godspeed indeed. We put the stop in when my wife hit 40. I got clipped 4-5 months later. No looking back. 2 to 4 was my biggest fear as I am a twin 
  • Ybabpmuts
    Ybabpmuts Posts: 962
    ColtsFan said:
    Just had a 1.5 hour drive home. It’s usually 20 minutes. Slicker than snot. The subie s a beast

Thursday Night I went up to Portland Maine to see Josh Ritter at The State Theatre right downtown (phenomenal songwriter and performer btw) and the forecast called for a lite dusting or, in some places more like one or two inches overnight. When I started driving home, usually an hour and ten minutes ride, I hit South Portland and it was total white out conditions from there all the way home. It took me almost two hours, a line of cars and semi's driving right down the middle of the highway, couldn't see lane markers or the side of the road. I just bought a brand new two door Ford Bronco and it's a beast in the snow, but that doesn't matter if you can't see sh!t.
  • Canugghead
    Canugghead Posts: 11,976
    kl8ton said:
    ColbyLang said:

Congrates @FarmingPhD.
    @kl8ton, perhaps you were thinking of me or @Foghorn;)
    canuckland
  • Legume
    Legume Posts: 15,059
    kl8ton said:
    ColbyLang said:

Lol- my oldest is 11!  Two on deck, we have an 11, 6, and soon to be newborns.  God has a real sense of humor as there was no lack of trying and no “goalie” for the last 14 years.  Wife said she was done and I was prepping to put permanent stoppers in place this year and found out we were expecting in July.  The first ultrasound in August was memorable to say the least. We are about to find out how old we really feel about a week from now as Monday is the day.
    Congratulations to you both.  That's exciting.  Father of twins here, we went from one to three when the first was 2yo.  At least that's what they tell me - sleep deprivation is a great way to not remember much.  Take pics, force yourself to take lots of pics.  Get your 11yo a camera or old phone.
    Not a felon
  • Legume
    Legume Posts: 15,059
    And just know up front, they won't be on the same schedule.  There's a great book, one up one down that's for young sibs with twins on the way, perhaps too young for yours.
    Not a felon
  • FarmingPhD
    FarmingPhD Posts: 847
    @Legume we know a surprising number of folks with twins and the repeated advice has been take pictures and about 6months in you will start to remember some things.  Goin to be a ride for sure. Our oldest will be good help and is pretty excited.
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    Ozzie_Isaac Posts: 20,228
    I am stoked.  Been waiting 99 days to see how the coders handle this situation on my fridge.

Maybe your purpose in life is only to serve as an example for others? - LPL

• Botch
    Botch Posts: 16,052
    edited February 18
    @Legume we know a surprising number of folks with twins and the repeated advice has been take pictures and about 6months in you will start to remember some things.  
    When I was working at Thiokol (now ATK Space Alliance Northrup-Grumman) we had an extremely smart PhD in our office who announced during staff meeting that his wife was pregnant again (high-fives all around, it's mormon country) and he said "We were going to stop at seven (it's mormon country), so I guess I need to have some surgery".  
    He retired soon after, and then I ran into him at some parade/outdoor event some months after.  He was with his wife, seven kids, and a new stroller.  
    A three-seater; triplets!
    It may have been rude of me to giggle, but he and his wife considered it a Blessing, and that's okay.  All these years later I still giggle when I think about it.  Life Presents Challenges.     

When does an old joke become a "Dad" joke?  When it's apparent.  

• kl8ton
    kl8ton Posts: 5,629
    I am stoked.  Been waiting 99 days to see how the coders handle this situation on my fridge.

So not the same as y2k?
    Large, Medium, MiniMax, 36" Blackstone
    Grand Rapids MI
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    kl8ton said:

So not the same as y2k?
    Good thing GE didn’t program anymore important than a fridge counter.  It stops at 99.  Will wait one more day to confirm, but I am disappointed.

• DoubleEgger
    DoubleEgger Posts: 17,758
    kl8ton said:

So not the same as y2k?
    Good thing GE didn’t program anymore important than a fridge counter.  It stops at 99.  Will wait one more day to confirm, but I am disappointed.

After 99 days, GE figured you just said “fvck it”. 
  • Dyal_SC
    Dyal_SC Posts: 6,230
    Congrats @FarmingPhD !  It’s not double the trouble, it’s exponential. Enjoy the twin journey. My advice:  Try as hard as possible to keep them on the same schedule, although it won’t always happen. The first couple of years become a blur, so take a ton of pix and videos.  The reusable squeeze pouches are nice when transitioning to normal food. It’s ok to get emotional and overwhelmed. Feel and eat the emotions and fatigue and keep going. Enjoy the moments when you can, but also don’t feel guilty about not enjoying every moment. Don’t feel guilty about a little extra screen time. They will survive. Embrace the fact that they will have their own twin language. You will pick up on it and figure their schemes out soon enough.
  • Killing gophers…and hitting golf balls in the net.

• lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 33,597
    edited February 19
    @brntends -Welcome aboard and enjoy the journey.  Above all, have fun.

Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    Grabbed a piece of lump that fell out of my ash door.  Wasn’t faster than the burn.

• Ozzie_Isaac
    edited February 21
    Enjoying a Kirkland brand bourbon.  Current 77 deg outside, so needed socks on.

• Botch
    Botch Posts: 16,052
    Remind me again of your interest in Morgan Valley?  :confused:  :tongue:  

When does an old joke become a "Dad" joke?  When it's apparent.  

• Battleborn
    Battleborn Posts: 3,502

Looks perfect except your choice in music. 
    Las Vegas, NV

• JohnInCarolina
    JohnInCarolina Posts: 32,145

Another Celine Dion fan, sheesh!
    "I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike
  • Battleborn
    Battleborn Posts: 3,502

Another Celine Dion fan, sheesh!
    I’m in my Taylor era. 
    Las Vegas, NV

• Enjoying a Kirkland brand bourbon.  Current 77 deg outside, so needed socks on.

Even if you’re not an Incubus fan, give “Aqueous Transmission”, from the album Morning View, a listen. Big departure from their usual sound. Get the speakers up loud for this one. 

From Wikipedia, “The final song, ‘Aqueous Transmission’, employs the use of Chinese instruments such as the pipa and features a Japanese-style orchestra led by multi-instrumentalist Suzie Katayama. The pipa used on the recording was given to Mike Einziger from Steve Vai.’

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=BQZ624p4uGU
  • WeberWho
    WeberWho Posts: 11,220
    Nice haul ^^^^
    "The pig is an amazing animal. You feed a pig an apple and it makes bacon. Let's see Michael Phelps do that" - Jim Gaffigan

Minnesota