Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

OT - What are you doing right now?

Comments

• dbCooper
    dbCooper Posts: 2,357
    For me, one of the great inequities of life is the disparity of human vs canine (and feline) lifespans.
    @alaskanassasin and @RagingIrishman2 - You have my best wishes for you and your kids.
    LBGE, LBGE-PTR, 22" Weber, Coleman 413G
    Great Plains, USA
  • JohnInCarolina
    JohnInCarolina Posts: 32,145
    Contemplating a move to the U.S. 

😉
    At minimum, you should come for a visit. You are welcome in NC at any time, my friend.
    "I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike
  • Dish is just fine, he was a bit out of it when we picked him up but he is already back to normal. Thanks for every ones support.
    South of Columbus, Ohio.

• CPFC1905
    CPFC1905 Posts: 1,950

Valentines, the Super Bowl and Shrove Tuesday/Mardi Gras all in the bag so it’s got to be time the gloom lifted and we bounced about like lambs? Not so much for me. All things are geared around the will they/why haven’t they yet elephant in the Crystal Palace room of when Roy is sacked.  The owners will pretend they are taking their time to find the person, reality is that with each week the task is less appetising and they are down to option #6.  Elsewhere football has happened and stuff like that. 

Saturday

Brentford v Liverpool -  the hosts are inching towards mid-table mediocrity and therefore safety, but it’s not assured just yet. This game would never be one highlighted as season defining for the Bees.  The Reds remain top and will need to snaffle all three point stop keep City at arms length.  1-3

Burnley v Arsenal - whilst the Clarets are discovering their obdurate streak the Gunners are fizzing and crackling.  Mickey A is channeling the unholy amounts of energy required to keep Arsenal’s title hope alive.  Fun times. 0-2

Fulham v Aston Villa - the visitors have dropped out of the title race that frankly they had no business being part of anyway, but European qualification is in their gift.  Fulham can’t decide if they are any good or not, but there’s a sufficient total of poorer teams to see them safe. Season petering out already for the west Londoners. 1-1

Newcastle v Bournemouth - the Eddie Howe derby. Just nine points between these two teams and that’s not really what the Toon loyal would have been expecting. The teams play very similar styles of high-press and therefore it could be an entertaining match. Certainly goals and I’ll go for home advantage 2-1

Forest v West Ham - one point from the last four games has not helped Forest at all, whilst the Hammers got proper humped by the Gunners last time out 6-0, which no one saw coming.  Despite their fallow form the Hammers should have enough but this will be tight,  tight as a tiger in fact. 1-2

Spurs v Wolves - unbeaten in their last 5 the Spursy Spurs are either on the upswing, have plateaued, or on the down swing - but that’s just Spurs right?   That’s the type of decisive commentary I like to offer. Wolves will see victory as a huge step to securing safety.  They’ll aim to thwart but won’t have the firepower to take the win 2-0

Man City v Chelsea - easing past Palace is no mark o success for Chelsea who by any standard have failed to this season. City are in full steam-roller mode and will flatten them. 3-0

Sunday

Sheff Utd v Brighton - the Blades arrested the Hatters surge last week and sparked the relegation battle back in to life.  The filthy Seagulls are not great on the road, so could a home win be on the cards?  Naturally that’s the only outcome that attracts me but regression to the mean suggests 0-2.  Meh.

Luton v Man Utd - three wins on the bounce for Utd and frankly I just want another here to keep Luton down where they belong. 1-2

Monday

Everton v Palace - a far from happy hunting ground for the Eagles and the Toffees remain a bogey team for us.  There’s a circus in full effect at Palace linked to the status and condition of Roy the current manager.  He should have gone by now, and the replacement in charge for this game but Roy fell ill yesterday and the guy is 76 - what do you do?  Not leave things to fester and be decisive, that’s what. 2-0. 

There you go, fellow spherists.  Some good stuff and some bilge to pick through.  Not quite how the TV companies advertise it, but I think honesty always has a place at the table. 

Other girls may try to take me away 
    But you know, it's by your side I will stay
  • Foghorn
    Foghorn Posts: 10,017
    CPFC1905 said:

Valentines, the Super Bowl and Shrove Tuesday/Mardi Gras all in the bag so it’s got to be time the gloom lifted and we bounced about like lambs? Not so much for me. All things are geared around the will they/why haven’t they yet elephant in the Crystal Palace room of when Roy is sacked.  The owners will pretend they are taking their time to find the person, reality is that with each week the task is less appetising and they are down to option #6.  Elsewhere football has happened and stuff like that. 

Saturday

Brentford v Liverpool -  the hosts are inching towards mid-table mediocrity and therefore safety, but it’s not assured just yet. This game would never be one highlighted as season defining for the Bees.  The Reds remain top and will need to snaffle all three point stop keep City at arms length.  1-3

Burnley v Arsenal - whilst the Clarets are discovering their obdurate streak the Gunners are fizzing and crackling.  Mickey A is channeling the unholy amounts of energy required to keep Arsenal’s title hope alive.  Fun times. 0-2

Fulham v Aston Villa - the visitors have dropped out of the title race that frankly they had no business being part of anyway, but European qualification is in their gift.  Fulham can’t decide if they are any good or not, but there’s a sufficient total of poorer teams to see them safe. Season petering out already for the west Londoners. 1-1

Newcastle v Bournemouth - the Eddie Howe derby. Just nine points between these two teams and that’s not really what the Toon loyal would have been expecting. The teams play very similar styles of high-press and therefore it could be an entertaining match. Certainly goals and I’ll go for home advantage 2-1

Forest v West Ham - one point from the last four games has not helped Forest at all, whilst the Hammers got proper humped by the Gunners last time out 6-0, which no one saw coming.  Despite their fallow form the Hammers should have enough but this will be tight,  tight as a tiger in fact. 1-2

Spurs v Wolves - unbeaten in their last 5 the Spursy Spurs are either on the upswing, have plateaued, or on the down swing - but that’s just Spurs right?   That’s the type of decisive commentary I like to offer. Wolves will see victory as a huge step to securing safety.  They’ll aim to thwart but won’t have the firepower to take the win 2-0

Man City v Chelsea - easing past Palace is no mark o success for Chelsea who by any standard have failed to this season. City are in full steam-roller mode and will flatten them. 3-0

Sunday

Sheff Utd v Brighton - the Blades arrested the Hatters surge last week and sparked the relegation battle back in to life.  The filthy Seagulls are not great on the road, so could a home win be on the cards?  Naturally that’s the only outcome that attracts me but regression to the mean suggests 0-2.  Meh.

Luton v Man Utd - three wins on the bounce for Utd and frankly I just want another here to keep Luton down where they belong. 1-2

Monday

Everton v Palace - a far from happy hunting ground for the Eagles and the Toffees remain a bogey team for us.  There’s a circus in full effect at Palace linked to the status and condition of Roy the current manager.  He should have gone by now, and the replacement in charge for this game but Roy fell ill yesterday and the guy is 76 - what do you do?  Not leave things to fester and be decisive, that’s what. 2-0. 

There you go, fellow spherists.  Some good stuff and some bilge to pick through.  Not quite how the TV companies advertise it, but I think honesty always has a place at the table. 

Brilliant as always.  Actually, a little more brilliant than usual.  Won't surprise me if Man U fall behind, as that is their habit, and leave it to a late surge to end up with either a draw or narrow nailbiting victory that breaks some Hatter hearts.

XXL BGE, Karebecue, Klose BYC, Chargiller Akorn Kamado, Weber Smokey Mountain, Grand Turbo gasser, Weber Smoky Joe, and the wheelbarrow that my grandfather used to cook steaks from his cattle

San Antonio, TX

• Foghorn
    Foghorn Posts: 10,017
    And what do you do if Palace pull out a victory while Roy is in a hospital bed?

XXL BGE, Karebecue, Klose BYC, Chargiller Akorn Kamado, Weber Smokey Mountain, Grand Turbo gasser, Weber Smoky Joe, and the wheelbarrow that my grandfather used to cook steaks from his cattle

San Antonio, TX

• CPFC1905
    edited February 16
    Foghorn said:
    A win is a win, so I'd turn cartwheels through the house and crack open a medium strength beer.  I am wholly utilitarian.  The guy did a great job but was left in post too long. 
  • kl8ton
    kl8ton Posts: 5,629
    edited February 16
    Finding a line break. 
    Large, Medium, MiniMax, 36" Blackstone
    Grand Rapids MI
  • kl8ton

Grand Rapids MI
  • lkapigian
    lkapigian Posts: 11,065

😉

make sure to fly to mexico and then come over, better benefits than coming over our northern border
    Better f staying in Mexico all together , That will be my final move 
    Visalia, Ca @lkapigian
  • fishlessman
    fishlessman Posts: 33,233
    lkapigian said:

😉

make sure to fly to mexico and then come over, better benefits than coming over our northern border
    Better f staying in Mexico all together , That will be my final move 

have a friend that lives in the mexico city area, but keeps his second house in the boston area for medical reasons. i think he is now on his fifth liver. he has canadian citizenship and will retire there someday but i bet he keeps the boston place for medical
    fukahwee maine

you can lead a fish to water but you can not make him drink it
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    Ozzie_Isaac Posts: 20,228
    CPFC1905 said:
    Foghorn said:
    A win is a win, so I'd turn cartwheels through the house and crack open a medium strength beer.  I am wholly utilitarian.  The guy did a great job but was left in post too long. 
    https://youtu.be/nYHqL-Wb8i4?si=M-UqJar8pcxoyAM7

Maybe your purpose in life is only to serve as an example for others? - LPL

• CPFC1905
    CPFC1905 said:
    Foghorn said:
    https://youtu.be/nYHqL-Wb8i4?si=M-UqJar8pcxoyAM7
    Heart wrenching as it’s Selhurst Park and Palace colours but the singing was abysmal. 
  • CPFC1905
  • kl8ton

Found it!
    Grand Rapids MI
  • CPFC1905
    kl8ton said:

Found it!
    It was on the end of your leg all along. 

You were looking for your foot weren’t you? 
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    Ozzie_Isaac Posts: 20,228
    edited February 16
    ColtsFan said:
    Just had a 1.5 hour drive home. It’s usually 20 minutes. Slicker than snot. The subie s a beast

That is absolutely gorgeous, and glad you made it home safe.

Maybe your purpose in life is only to serve as an example for others? - LPL

• ColtsFan said:
    Just had a 1.5 hour drive home. It’s usually 20 minutes. Slicker than snot. The subie s a beast

Beautiful setting. A few years back, I was afflicted with a bout of reason and, being in Canada, swapped a muscle car for my Outback. There are irritants, but when the snowfall is heavy, I am the fastest car on the road and can get traction anywhere. 
  • ColtsFan
    ColtsFan Posts: 6,506
     Cleanup

~ John - https://www.instagram.com/hoosier_egger
    XL BGE, LG BGE, Med BGE, BGE Chiminea, KJ Jr, PK Original, Ardore Pizza Oven
    Bloomington, IN - Hoo Hoo Hoo Hoosiers!

• WeberWho
    WeberWho Posts: 11,220
    Today was the first time I've made French toast in the air fryer. Whoa! Game changer. Something you can't replicate on the griddle. 

"The pig is an amazing animal. You feed a pig an apple and it makes bacon. Let's see Michael Phelps do that" - Jim Gaffigan

Minnesota
  • ColbyLang
    ColbyLang Posts: 3,765
    WeberWho said:
    Today was the first time I've made French toast in the air fryer. Whoa! Game changer. Something you can't replicate on the griddle. 

So we don’t own an air fryer. Contemplating replacing the toaster oven with combo air fryer toaster oven instead of adding another appliance to the countertop.
  • DoubleEgger
    DoubleEgger Posts: 17,758
    ColbyLang said:
    WeberWho said:

So we don’t own an air fryer. Contemplating replacing the toaster oven with combo air fryer toaster oven instead of adding another appliance to the countertop.
    You get to keep appliances on the countertop? Lucky you. 
  • WeberWho
    WeberWho Posts: 11,220
    edited February 17
    ColbyLang said:
    WeberWho said:

Just this morning I was thinking about how nice it would be to have a little more room and was thinking about an air fryer toaster oven. I'm just not sure if it's worth the trade-off for ease of cleaning though. We on our 2nd air fryer as it gets used all the time. Especially if you have little ones. 
    "The pig is an amazing animal. You feed a pig an apple and it makes bacon. Let's see Michael Phelps do that" - Jim Gaffigan

Minnesota
  • Corv
    Corv Posts: 419
    Want room on your countertop? Replace the standard 25" deep counter with 30". You'll need either to space your cabinets 5" out from the wall or better, replace them with custom. Works well.
    Somewhere on the Colorado Front Range