Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

OT - What are you doing right now?

Comments

• WeberWho
    WeberWho Posts: 11,220
    ColbyLang said:
    What a great game.  Feel bad for Moody, he is an amazing kicker, but I suspect he will be replaying that extra point for a while.
    It was blocked, no? He’s young, they’ll be plenty more misses. They had em in the first half and then abandoned the game plan. 
    Played out just like 4 years ago.  New QB comes in excited and fresh, coach calls some great plays and keeps the Chiefs on their heels.

Then the Chiefs just keep grinding and capitalizing on mistakes in the 2nd half.  The kick was low and the line did its job.  He will be replaying that for a while.

Heck, I still replay a handball call on me from soccer in 2nd grade that cost us a chance to move on in the tournament. (It was a good call too, I f’d up)
    Yep.  In Kindergarten I remember Geoff LaPlante trying to put a stick in my tricycle wheel and I couldn’t turn in time and ended up skinning my knee while Heidi St Onge looked on and laughed.  True athletes hang on to things for a long time.  That’s what makes them great.

I have a friend named Jeff LaPlante. I could also see him being a bicycle bandit as a kid. A dangerous name indeed. 
    "The pig is an amazing animal. You feed a pig an apple and it makes bacon. Let's see Michael Phelps do that" - Jim Gaffigan

Minnesota
  • Dobie
    Dobie Posts: 3,446
    ColbyLang said:
    What a great game.  Feel bad for Moody, he is an amazing kicker, but I suspect he will be replaying that extra point for a while.
    It was blocked, no? He’s young, they’ll be plenty more misses. They had em in the first half and then abandoned the game plan. 
    Played out just like 4 years ago.  New QB comes in excited and fresh, coach calls some great plays and keeps the Chiefs on their heels.

Then the Chiefs just keep grinding and capitalizing on mistakes in the 2nd half.  The kick was low and the line did its job.  He will be replaying that for a while.

Heck, I still replay a handball call on me from soccer in 2nd grade that cost us a chance to move on in the tournament. (It was a good call too, I f’d up)
    Yep.  In Kindergarten I remember Geoff LaPlante trying to put a stick in my tricycle wheel and I couldn’t turn in time and ended up skinning my knee while Heidi St Onge looked on and laughed.  True athletes hang on to things for a long time.  That’s what makes them great.
    I’m Geoff LaPlante and even at an early age I knew John was going to ruin the forum, sorry I couldn’t stop it. 
    Jacksonville FL
  • JohnInCarolina
    JohnInCarolina Posts: 32,149
    Dobie said:
    ColbyLang said:

I’m Geoff LaPlante and even at an early age I knew John was going to ruin the forum, sorry I couldn’t stop it. 

"I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike
  • ColtsFan
    ColtsFan Posts: 6,506
    Installing Red Hat Enterprise 9. Building a new speed test server for our fiber ISP side. Fun stuff
    ~ John - https://www.instagram.com/hoosier_egger
    XL BGE, LG BGE, Med BGE, BGE Chiminea, KJ Jr, PK Original, Ardore Pizza Oven
    Bloomington, IN - Hoo Hoo Hoo Hoosiers!

• ColbyLang
    ColbyLang Posts: 3,765
    Not watching parades on Mardi Gras day. For the rest of the world, it’s just Tuesday. Kids are
    home, Sun is out. XL bout to get lit for baby backs
  • Foghorn
    Foghorn Posts: 10,017
    ColbyLang said:
    Not watching parades on Mardi Gras day. For the rest of the world, it’s just Tuesday. Kids are
    As a contrast I'm still recovering from a weekend of Mardi Gras that culminated in riding on the last float in the Bacchus parade on Sunday night.  Due to multiple parade delays we didn't make it to the ball at the convention center until after midnight and we had an early flight the next morning... 

XXL BGE, Karebecue, Klose BYC, Chargiller Akorn Kamado, Weber Smokey Mountain, Grand Turbo gasser, Weber Smoky Joe, and the wheelbarrow that my grandfather used to cook steaks from his cattle

San Antonio, TX

• JohnInCarolina
    Foghorn said:
    ColbyLang said:
    As a contrast I'm still recovering from a weekend of Mardi Gras that culminated in riding on the last float in the Bacchus parade on Sunday night.  Due to multiple parade delays we didn't make it to the ball at the convention center until after midnight and we had an early flight the next morning... 
    Ooof. That hurt my head just reading it. 
  • ColbyLang
    Foghorn said:
    ColbyLang said:
    that’s not fun. I take it easy on Mardi Gras due to the fact that my hell begins tomorrow. Our busy season starts on Ash Wednesday and ends on Christmas Day. Time to get busy in the bread world. One of my biggest customers is popping in for a visit tomorrow afternoon. Gotta make sure we’re firing on all cylinders. 

• Wondering what happened to @ScottyTooHotty. Last active in April, 2022. 
  • JohnInCarolina
    Wondering what happened to @ScottyTooHotty. Last active in April, 2022. 
    Maybe he overheated?
  • WeberWho
    WeberWho Posts: 11,220
    Wondering what happened to @ScottyTooHotty. Last active in April, 2022. 
    No rest when you're in AEW.

"The pig is an amazing animal. You feed a pig an apple and it makes bacon. Let's see Michael Phelps do that" - Jim Gaffigan

Minnesota
  • Canugghead
    Canugghead Posts: 11,976
    Wondering what happened to ScottyGooHotty. Last active in April, 2022. 
    FTFY  ;) sorry can't help it!
    canuckland
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    Ozzie_Isaac Posts: 20,228
    edited February 14
    ColbyLang said:
    Foghorn said:
    ColbyLang said:
    that’s not fun. I take it easy on Mardi Gras due to the fact that my hell begins tomorrow. Our busy season starts on Ash Wednesday and ends on Christmas Day. Time to get busy in the bread world. One of my biggest customers is popping in for a visit tomorrow afternoon. Gotta make sure we’re firing on all cylinders. 

Oh man, please tell me you make king cakes!

btw, I do not think “season” means what you think it means.  The word you are looking for is “year”.

Maybe your purpose in life is only to serve as an example for others? - LPL

• ColbyLang
    ColbyLang said:
    Foghorn said:
    ColbyLang said:

btw, I do not think “season” means what you think it means.  The word you are looking for is “year”.
    Zero king cakes for various reasons. 2 biggest are this 1) one of our Biggest customers makes a lot of king cakes. We make all of their bread products for foodservice. 2) with all of the regulations changing almost monthly, we can ill afford to bring in the wrong thing when it pertains to allergens and labeling

we’d also need to produce somewhere in the range of 3-400,000 to make it worth our while. Totally possible, just gotta have the avenue to sell them
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    edited February 14
    ColbyLang said:
    ColbyLang said:
    Foghorn said:
    ColbyLang said:

Zero king cakes for various reasons. 2 biggest are this 1) one of our Biggest customers makes a lot of king cakes. We make all of their bread products for foodservice. 2) with all of the regulations changing almost monthly, we can ill afford to bring in the wrong thing when it pertains to allergens and labeling

we’d also need to produce somewhere in the range of 3-400,000 to make it worth our while. Totally possible, just gotta have the avenue to sell them
    Whoa!  I cannot even imagine what 400,000 king cakes would look like, let alone be able to shift them all.  The scale of your bakery must be mind boggling, and that is just to make it worth while.

• lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 33,597
    @ColbyLang - that is a major league operation year-round.  Great that you have the demand/market given your company's history of performance is fantastic.  Way to improve on a market winner and always looking forward!
    Congrats on this Fat Tuesday!
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • ColbyLang
    ColbyLang said:
    ColbyLang said:
    Foghorn said:
    ColbyLang said:

Whoa!  I cannot even imagine what 400,000 king cakes would look like, let alone be able to shift them all.  The scale of your bakery must be mind boggling, and that is just to make it worth while.
    In a bakery our size it’s about volume of dough per hour. Pieces mean nothing due to various sizes. We are purely manufacturing. Almost zero retail presence. We have 6 local route structures, everything else is finished product that is frozen and shipped around the US. We’ve also got 14 hours a day that we aren’t in production, so if a large customer comes calling we are able to make it happen. 
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    Just had a dog crawl out from under the covers (she isn’t supposed to be in our bed, but I let it slide the last few days) and proceed to puke on me and my pillows.  I thought I was passed little ones puking on me. *sigh* back to the kennel at night for her.

• ColtsFan
    ColtsFan Posts: 6,506
    @Ozzie_Isaac we’ve been tempted to let our guy sleep with us. (The previous dogs did) Surprisingly, the wife has been the one asking if I’m sure I waned to start that. So kennel it remains…..for now
    ~ John - https://www.instagram.com/hoosier_egger
    XL BGE, LG BGE, Med BGE, BGE Chiminea, KJ Jr, PK Original, Ardore Pizza Oven
    Bloomington, IN - Hoo Hoo Hoo Hoosiers!

• At the vet with our dog. He’s getting X-rays to check for tumors. 😔
    XL BGE
    Plainfield, IL.
  • lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 33,597
    Tough news right there @Ragingirishman2.  Hoping for the best outcome.
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • At the vet with our dog. He’s getting X-rays to check for tumors. 😔
    I’m taking mine in tomorrow to have two removed 
    South of Columbus, Ohio.

• Ozzie_Isaac
    At the vet with our dog. He’s getting X-rays to check for tumors. 😔
    I hope it turns out okay for your pup.  Will be thinking about you guys.

• Thank you all for the good wishes. We should have results in 3-5 days. @alaskanassasin  best wishes tomorrow with his/her surgery. I’m sending good thoughts. 
    XL BGE
    Plainfield, IL.
  • Thank you all for the good wishes. We should have results in 3-5 days. @alaskanassasin  best wishes tomorrow with his/her surgery. I’m sending good thoughts. 
    Thanks @Ragingirishman2, it is tough taking them to the vet. Hope the prognosis is good for your pup too.  Dish is a special dog,
    he was raised in the prison system, then he was adopted by and sadly out lived our friends his previous owners. We’ve had him for about 5 years now and.. well I wish they lived forever.
    South of Columbus, Ohio.

• So true about wishing they lived forever. He’s been my grilling and drinking buddy for the past 11 years and they give back so much more than they need.

It’s so good to hear that Dish was able to find two special families he was able to be with and I’m hoping you get more years in the future. Let me know how it goes tomorrow. 

That is a sharp looking pup, definitely doesn’t look his age.
    South of Columbus, Ohio.