Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

OT - What are you doing right now?

Comments

• Mark_B_Good
    Mark_B_Good Posts: 1,593
    Well, forget about smoke penetration lol. Is she making pork stew?
    Napoleon Prestige Pro 665, XL BGE, Lots of time for BBQ!
  • dbCooper
    dbCooper Posts: 2,357
    BGE has posted some of their ads from the 70's and 80's.
    Seems they were quite innovative back then, this ad has TV screen magnifiers for $9.95 and up...

LBGE, LBGE-PTR, 22" Weber, Coleman 413G
    Great Plains, USA
  • WeberWho
    WeberWho Posts: 11,220
    FrostyEgg said:
    WeberWho said:
    FrostyEgg said:
    Researching pellet grills. With two young kids and crazy schedules I don't have the time or drive to deal with the egg anymore. @WeberWho know anyone locally interested in a large w/nest and CGS accessories? Likely won't buy/sell until spring.

I can't think of anyone on the top of my head. I'd maybe hold off on selling the BGE until you spend some time with the pellet grill. I have a friend with 4 kids that has zero time for anything and he sold off his pellet grill for his Kamado Joe last year and raves about it.  I'd hate for you to sell it off only to regret it down the road. 
     BGE is making the warranty process way too difficult.

I 100% get it with the warranty process. 

I'd look for something that is almost commercial quality when looking for a pellet grill. You don't want some tin can especially if you plan to use it in winter. Binding of pellets and electronics will take a toll with the cold we deal with. My one buddy went through 2-3 cheaper pellet grills in a couple years and my other buddy's $800+ pellet smoker had constant issues with electronics. The warranty was good on the $800 plus pellet grill but he said he was sick and tired constantly fixing something on it. 

It sounds like you have a plan though if the pellet grill doesn't work out. I'd throw it up on Craigslist/Marketplace. It might be worth selling the CGS items separately. Unfortunately accessories aren't worth much when selling with the BGE. If selling together I'd list wait you paid for CGS items and mention that it was made here in the US. Otherwise people are going to want the BGE as cheap as the cheapest one listed on Marketplace/Craigslist. Just my two cents.
    "The pig is an amazing animal. You feed a pig an apple and it makes bacon. Let's see Michael Phelps do that" - Jim Gaffigan

Minnesota
  • kl8ton
    kl8ton Posts: 5,629
    .... Just hooked up the plows..... Guess it was time.
    Large, Medium, MiniMax, 36" Blackstone
    Grand Rapids MI
  • alaskanassasin
    alaskanassasin Posts: 8,110
    I put the plow on the RTV @kl8ton. Let’s go!
    South of Columbus, Ohio.

• kl8ton

I still can't believe how much snow that thing can push.
    Grand Rapids MI
  • alaskanassasin
    kl8ton said:

I still can't believe how much snow that thing can push.
    If you can get it back into reverse lol.
    South of Columbus, Ohio.

• alaskanassasin
    I have pretty good luck with heavy pressure on the brake pedal and a karate chop to the shifter.
    South of Columbus, Ohio.

• CPFC1905
    CPFC1905 Posts: 1,950

Week 2 of the semi-break and the remaining teams get a run out.  And without wishing to be pedantic, but can it be a break if some of the teams played FA Cup matches during the ‘break’.  I guess it depends on whether working while on holiday still counts as work? Yes it does.  Five games across three days and here they are.

Saturday

Arsenal v Palace - fairly obvious home win even if the Gunners have stuttered recently but this is as abject a Palace team as I can remember. There is a theoretical possibility that we totally suck the life out of the game and escape with a narrow defeat, but opening offer is 2-0.

Brentford v Forest - 16th host 15th and the home side have been in grievous form recently.  Their talismanic striker returns after a ban for betting on games and much is expected/hoped for.  Forest have improved under their new leader, but in the background are charges against the club of financial mismanagement which will be resolved before season end, with a points deduction possible.  Just over the season’s hump and this game feels vital for both.   1-1

Sunday

Sheff Utd v West Ham - rooted to bottom spot the Blades are in a pickle.  The Hammers will waste little effort snaffling the three points. 0-2

Bournemouth v Liverpool - as good as the Cherries have been recently, the Reds are flying in top spot.  Regression to the mean, 0-2

Monday

Brighton v Wolves  - the visitors are in better form the than those fetid filthy wretched Seagulls.  Can’t see a lot of joy in this encounter, unless it’s a massive away win.  That would be splendid but improbable 1-1

Not the most tantalising fare on offer this weekend but it can’t be always Taylor Swift or David Hasselhof level talent on display can it? 

Other girls may try to take me away 
    But you know, it's by your side I will stay
  • johnmitchell
    johnmitchell Posts: 6,724
    @JohnInCarolina. Bummer… Hopefully you dodge the Covid. I have just had it and luckily got onto Molnupiravir anti viral which helped but still have lingering head cold 10 days later. I tested negative 7 days after first test. Get better soon.
    Greensboro North Carolina
    When in doubt Accelerate....
  • ColbyLang
    ColbyLang Posts: 3,766
    Prepping. My kids school is having its annual fundraiser tonight. Open bar. Gonna need a greasy breakfast/lunch to coat the ole stomach. Uber already lined up to drop us off and pick us up. Will also need a mid day nap to help me make it till midnight lol
  • Foghorn
    Foghorn Posts: 10,017
    CPFC1905 said:

Week 2 of the semi-break and the remaining teams get a run out.  And without wishing to be pedantic, but can it be a break if some of the teams played FA Cup matches during the ‘break’.  I guess it depends on whether working while on holiday still counts as work? Yes it does.  Five games across three days and here they are.

Saturday

Arsenal v Palace - fairly obvious home win even if the Gunners have stuttered recently but this is as abject a Palace team as I can remember. There is a theoretical possibility that we totally suck the life out of the game and escape with a narrow defeat, but opening offer is 2-0.

Brentford v Forest - 16th host 15th and the home side have been in grievous form recently.  Their talismanic striker returns after a ban for betting on games and much is expected/hoped for.  Forest have improved under their new leader, but in the background are charges against the club of financial mismanagement which will be resolved before season end, with a points deduction possible.  Just over the season’s hump and this game feels vital for both.   1-1

Sunday

Sheff Utd v West Ham - rooted to bottom spot the Blades are in a pickle.  The Hammers will waste little effort snaffling the three points. 0-2

Bournemouth v Liverpool - as good as the Cherries have been recently, the Reds are flying in top spot.  Regression to the mean, 0-2

Monday

Brighton v Wolves  - the visitors are in better form the than those fetid filthy wretched Seagulls.  Can’t see a lot of joy in this encounter, unless it’s a massive away win.  That would be splendid but improbable 1-1

Not the most tantalising fare on offer this weekend but it can’t be always Taylor Swift or David Hasselhof level talent on display can it? 

"Not the most tantalising fare on offer this weekend but it can’t be always Taylor Swift or David Hasselhof level talent on display can it? "

Or Sean Connery.

Regardless, I met a woman from Exeter last weekend and gave her a good laugh when I mentioned the filthy fetid seagulls as I was trying to learn exactly where Exeter is relative to the "in my head" map of the British empire that is entirely based on football.

XXL BGE, Karebecue, Klose BYC, Chargiller Akorn Kamado, Weber Smokey Mountain, Grand Turbo gasser, Weber Smoky Joe, and the wheelbarrow that my grandfather used to cook steaks from his cattle

San Antonio, TX

• Ozzie_Isaac
    Ozzie_Isaac Posts: 20,228
    ColbyLang said:
    Prepping. My kids school is having its annual fundraiser tonight. Open bar. Gonna need a greasy breakfast/lunch to coat the ole stomach. Uber already lined up to drop us off and pick us up. Will also need a mid day nap to help me make it till midnight lol
    Prepping like a pro.  Good luck and hopefully the fundraiser is a huge success.

Maybe your purpose in life is only to serve as an example for others? - LPL

• CPFC1905
    Foghorn said:

"Not the most tantalising fare on offer this weekend but it can’t be always Taylor Swift or David Hasselhof level talent on display can it? "

Or Sean Connery.

Regardless, I met a woman from Exeter last weekend and gave her a good laugh when I mentioned the filthy fetid seagulls as I was trying to learn exactly where Exeter is relative to the "in my head" map of the British empire that is entirely based on football.
    I met a woman from Exeter
    A limerick opening line if ever there was...

I shall not explore the circumstances of your encounter but am curious to know if she wanted more background about your frames of reference?

In case the encounter did not last long enough, this may help;
    - Exeter is in Devon, on the south coast - it's along the bottom of the pointy left bit of England.
    - Nearby is another town called Torquay - known as the English Riviera, whose team is called The Gulls
    - There no such thing as a Seagull,  they are in fact Herring Gulls. 
    - The nearest PL team to Exeter is Bournemouth, which is also on the south coast but further east.  It's 85 miles away and over here that's like forever away.   Neighbouring Bournemouth is Sandbanks, where real estate costs more than Hong Kong and New York. 
    - Exeter has a very nice waterfront area with a big pub which extends back into the cliffs, and serves nice food. 

Here to help.
  • DoubleEgger
    DoubleEgger Posts: 17,759
    @CPFC1905 If I were to have placed equal bets for every pick you made last year, would I be up? 
  • billt01
    billt01 Posts: 1,661
    edited January 19
    I have pretty good luck with heavy pressure on the brake pedal and a karate chop to the shifter.
    so a little trick I was told by the service guys at Kubota..

When the shifter is difficult to move out of gear, just tap the gas petal one or two times and the transmission will "release" the current gear with little effort.
    Have:
     XLBGE / Stumps Baby XL / Couple of Stokers (Gen 1 and Gen 3) / Blackstone 36 / Maxey 3x5 water pan hog cooker
    Had:
    LBGE / Lang 60D / Cookshack SM150 / Stumps Stretch / Stumps Baby

Fat Willies BBQ
    Ola, Ga

• CPFC1905
    @CPFC1905 If I were to have placed equal bets for every pick you made last year, would I be up? 
    Unquestionably. 

Or may be not.

I check back most weeks and I get about 2/3 of the outcomes right but the scores significantly less so. 
  • kl8ton
    Do you have a radio in yours?  I have an opening overhead that is probably for a CB but. . . . 
    Grand Rapids MI
  • Foghorn
    Foghorn Posts: 10,017
    CPFC1905 said:
    Foghorn said:

Or Sean Connery.

I met a woman from Exeter
    A limerick opening line if ever there was...

I shall not explore the circumstances of your encounter but am curious to know if she wanted more background about your frames of reference?

In case the encounter did not last long enough, this may help;
    - Exeter is in Devon, on the south coast - it's along the bottom of the pointy left bit of England.
    - Nearby is another town called Torquay - known as the English Riviera, whose team is called The Gulls
    - There no such thing as a Seagull,  they are in fact Herring Gulls. 
    - The nearest PL team to Exeter is Bournemouth, which is also on the south coast but further east.  It's 85 miles away and over here that's like forever away.   Neighbouring Bournemouth is Sandbanks, where real estate costs more than Hong Kong and New York. 
    - Exeter has a very nice waterfront area with a big pub which extends back into the cliffs, and serves nice food. 

Here to help.
    Thanks for that.  My review of a map revealed the Bournemouth piece but none of the rest.

XXL BGE, Karebecue, Klose BYC, Chargiller Akorn Kamado, Weber Smokey Mountain, Grand Turbo gasser, Weber Smoky Joe, and the wheelbarrow that my grandfather used to cook steaks from his cattle

San Antonio, TX

• ColbyLang
    ColbyLang Posts: 3,766
    ColbyLang said:
    Prepping like a pro.  Good luck and hopefully the fundraiser is a huge success.
    $50k on tickets already. Another 19k in the online silent auction. 12 live auction items tonight as well as an old fashioned bar that is a school benefit. Should hit the target goal of 100k. My wife head of major events committee. This is her Super Bowl lol. Her only words were, make sure you pick up the kids and don’t show up wasted lol
  • Canugghead
    Canugghead Posts: 11,976
    Any merchants still observe the Lord's Day?

canuckland
  • HeavyG
    HeavyG Posts: 10,380

Chick-Fil-A, Hobby Lobby.
    Adorama, B&H Photo in New York city are closed on their sabbath - Saturday

Looks like Pachinko House used to be open on Sunday - wonder what changed their minds.
    “Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away.” ― Philip K. Diçk

• dbCooper
    dbCooper Posts: 2,357
    edited January 19

@Canugghead - A few come to mind in the US... Hobby Lobby, Chick-Fil-A and in many locations automobile dealers.  The auto dealers aren't necessarily pious, more so following the law.
    *edit for are to aren't.
    LBGE, LBGE-PTR, 22" Weber, Coleman 413G
    Great Plains, USA
  • Canugghead
    @heavy @dbCooper The ones that come to mind here are automobile dealers and Jewish business (Saturday). I remember the days when the so called mom-n-pop 'variety stores' were the only place for emergency grocery.
    canuckland
  • Canugghead
    I was able to slip home for a bit this afternoon while nobody was home and take Otto out to play for a bit.  Man was he excited to see me.  

Last day quarantining in the hotel, will head home tomorrow.  Feels like I'm safely on the other side of things, symptom-wise.  Hope y'all have a great weekend.
    Glad to hear. btw, how's the view from the hotel room window  ;)
    canuckland
  • alaskanassasin
    billt01 said:
    so a little trick I was told by the service guys at Kubota..

When the shifter is difficult to move out of gear, just tap the gas petal one or two times and the transmission will "release" the current gear with little effort.

Under most circumstances, getting it out of gear is not too bad, you get used to it. However when you are under a heavy load, either pushing or pulling something and you suddenly stop, or get stopped, well that can be a different story, if the brake trick doesn't work simply shut off the machine and that will release the hydraulic pressure so you can get back to neutral.  

South of Columbus, Ohio.

• alaskanassasin
    kl8ton said:
    Do you have a radio in yours?  I have an opening overhead that is probably for a CB but. . . . 

I do have the radio. It's crap though, the speakers are so bad you can't hear any lyrics, and the wire harness is not correct, it never remembers the presets and comes on randomly after so many starts to white noise. I wish the cab was quieter. 

South of Columbus, Ohio.