Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

OT - What are you doing right now?

Comments

• JohnInCarolina
    JohnInCarolina Posts: 32,151
    That sucks @JohnInCarolina. I bet Otto is missing you badly. 
    Man I'm missing him too, believe me!

Everyone is going to be out of the house on Friday and the wife said she needs some help that day taking care of him.  So I'll swing by and take him out for a bit to play.  I bet he's going to lose his mind when he sees it's me - WHAT IS THIS YOU STILL EXIST?!?!?  OH BOY OH BOY OH BOY!!!
    "I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike
  • Gulfcoastguy
    Gulfcoastguy Posts: 6,636
    I used to drop my dog off at my parents during a weeklong seminar. By Thursday they were adjusting to the situation as the new normal, they were now grandmother and granddaddy’s dog. At least until my vehicle turned into the driveway.
  • Mark_B_Good
    Mark_B_Good Posts: 1,593
     Quick life question advise from a bunch of people I’ve never met from the internet: take worse days off with better people to work for/with or better days off (minimally better) with less desirable people to work for/with?
    Good people option, 100%. A worse day OFF, is still a good day.  So for me it is GOOD + GOOD. The other option is BAD + GOOD.
    Napoleon Prestige Pro 665, XL BGE, Lots of time for BBQ!
  • Canugghead
    Canugghead Posts: 11,976
    FWIW we still mask up in public places, the weakest link is grands attending daycare. 
    canuckland
  • JohnInCarolina
    FWIW we still mask up in public places, the weakest link is grands attending daycare. 

• alaskanassasin
    alaskanassasin Posts: 8,110
    I figure people who are still wearing masks are either mentally ill, extremely sick, or have a weakened immunity system for some reason. That's reason enough for me to stay away!
    South of Columbus, Ohio.

• Legume
    Legume Posts: 15,059
    I figure people who are still wearing masks are either mentally ill, extremely sick, or have a weakened immunity system for some reason. That's reason enough for me to stay away!

I've been flying a lot the past few months, it's getting lower, but I'd guess 15-20% of people getting on planes has been my recent experience.  I see a lot of people masking up when they get ready to board, so it's the crowded situations.
    Not a felon
  • Canugghead
    Can't help ranting... 

Stupidity on multiple fronts:
    1) Online click-n-collect order was cancelled because I couldn't make the narrow 24-hr pickup window
    2) $8.94 went back to credit card. For the $2.35 paid by gift card they chose to issue a new card and mailed it by registered snail mail, the postage costs over $10 and I had to make a special trip to the postal outlet to sign for it
    3) In #2 instead of refunding only the $2.35 gift card I got 2.35+13% tax (tax should be irrelevant)

The address on the envelope was hand written so it was manually processed, not some computer errors. No common sense or just following company policy? Why not give me back the full amount by credit refund?

Rant over. 
    canuckland
  • alaskanassasin
    Legume said:

I've been flying a lot the past few months, it's getting lower, but I'd guess 15-20% of people getting on planes has been my recent experience.  I see a lot of people masking up when they get ready to board, so it's the crowded situations.

Makes sense on a flight I guess. I don't care if people wears masks, just observing.
    South of Columbus, Ohio.

• Canugghead
    edited January 17
    all of the above

Edit: you forgot this segment, stay away to avoid stray bullets

https://youtu.be/0ch3XCX2Q60?feature=shared
    canuckland
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    Ozzie_Isaac Posts: 20,228
    Just coming off a winter cold myself. Pretty much inevitable unless I barricade myself inside with a stockpile of food until April. No noticeable fever so I doubt it was Covid.
    Of the three of us with (possibly) covid, only one had a fever.  

Pre-covid, with the symptoms I currently have, I would have still gone into work and just told people to keep their distance because I had a head cold.  I hope we get back to that someday.  At the moment I think it can still be pretty lethal for some folks.  
    Unfortunately, this is correct.  I had a good friend whose 40 year old sister died of Covid a few weeks ago.

Maybe your purpose in life is only to serve as an example for others? - LPL

• alaskanassasin
    all of the above

Edit: you forgot this segment, stay away to avoid stray bullets

https://youtu.be/0ch3XCX2Q60?feature=shared

Maybe the bankers should be wearing masks!
    South of Columbus, Ohio.

• Canugghead
    @Ozzie_Isaac sorry to hear about your friend's sister.
    canuckland
  • JohnInCarolina
    Just coming off a winter cold myself. Pretty much inevitable unless I barricade myself inside with a stockpile of food until April. No noticeable fever so I doubt it was Covid.

Pre-covid, with the symptoms I currently have, I would have still gone into work and just told people to keep their distance because I had a head cold.  I hope we get back to that someday.  At the moment I think it can still be pretty lethal for some folks.  
    Unfortunately, this is correct.  I had a good friend whose 40 year old sister died of Covid a few weeks ago.
    Man that’s tough.  I can’t imagine what that’s like.   
  • fishlessman
    fishlessman Posts: 33,233
    Can't help ranting... 

1) Online click-n-collect order was cancelled because I couldn't make the narrow 24-hr pickup window
    2) $8.94 went back to credit card. For the $2.35 paid by gift card they chose to issue a new card and mailed it by registered snail mail, the postage costs over $10 and I had to make a special trip to the postal outlet to sign for it
    3) In #2 instead of refunding only the $2.35 gift card I got 2.35+13% tax (tax should be irrelevant)

The address on the envelope was hand written so it was manually processed, not some computer errors. No common sense or just following company policy? Why not give me back the full amount by credit refund?

Rant over. 

sounds normal.................for canada =)
    fukahwee maine

you can lead a fish to water but you can not make him drink it
  • Canugghead
    Can't help ranting... 

Rant over. 

sounds normal.................for canada Sverige =)
    fixade det åt dig
    canuckland
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    @Ozzie_Isaac sorry to hear about your friend's sister.

Man that’s tough.  I can’t imagine what that’s like.   
    Thank you both.  My friend is pretty devastated, so are her sister's 3 kids.  They all went to Disney together over Christmas.  Hospital sent her home, and her youngest daughter found her when she got home from school.  Pretty terrible all the way around.

• MasterC
    MasterC Posts: 1,411
    Sorry to hear that Ozzie
    Fort Wayne Indiana 
  • alaskanassasin
    **** me man. That is a bummer.
    South of Columbus, Ohio.

• lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 33,598
    That is painful just to read.  Da-n.  Condolences to all impacted. 
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • Corv
    Corv Posts: 420

Or we might be teaching or working at a local school, along with thousands of students not wearing masks. Or just plain old.
    Somewhere on the Colorado Front Range
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    SGH said:
    Sitting here dreaming of the good ole days :wink: 
    How are them good ol’e days Scottie?

• HeavyG
    HeavyG Posts: 10,380
    Just read about the passing of Peter Schickele (aka P.D.Q. Bach). Really enjoyed his work/ radio show many years ago. RIP maestro!

“Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away.” ― Philip K. Diçk

• Ybabpmuts
    Ybabpmuts Posts: 962

Sorry to hear about that @Ozzie_Isaac.  I'm immunocompromised because of all of the medication that I take every day, (twelve pills before breakfast alone)  and I worry about COVID all the time. I go out and live my life anyway, but I always have COVID in the back of my mind, especially when I'm out among a lot of people. I get any vaccination that I can, but it's still a worry. A lot of hospitals that I go to in the Boston area are now requiring, or "strongly urging" patients to wear masks again, which is pretty telling. Interestingly, one of the ways they track the latest COVID levels is by testing the levels of it in wastewater, which I think means that they figured out that some of us are just pooping it out and not reporting it as anything unusual , which skewed their data and our government has figured that out and is filtering and testing our poop downstream. To be totally honest I wish they figured that out earlier during the pandemic, because I swallowed two gold crowns and a ceramic one during the early days of the pandemic and they could have found them for me and I could have just quickly rinsed them off and super glued them back on. 
  • FrostyEgg
    FrostyEgg Posts: 603
    Researching pellet grills. With two young kids and crazy schedules I don't have the time or drive to deal with the egg anymore. @WeberWho know anyone locally interested in a large w/nest and CGS accessories? Likely won't buy/sell until spring.
  • fishlessman
    fishlessman Posts: 33,233

this is why a bbq in new england is all about burgers and dogs.....playing it safe. atleast we have homemade beans
    fukahwee maine

you can lead a fish to water but you can not make him drink it
  • WeberWho
    WeberWho Posts: 11,220
    edited January 18
    FrostyEgg said:
    Researching pellet grills. With two young kids and crazy schedules I don't have the time or drive to deal with the egg anymore. @WeberWho know anyone locally interested in a large w/nest and CGS accessories? Likely won't buy/sell until spring.

I can't think of anyone on the top of my head. I'd maybe hold off on selling the BGE until you spend some time with the pellet grill. I have a friend with 4 kids that has zero time for anything and he sold off his pellet grill for his Kamado Joe last year and raves about it.  I'd hate for you to sell it off only to regret it down the road. 
    "The pig is an amazing animal. You feed a pig an apple and it makes bacon. Let's see Michael Phelps do that" - Jim Gaffigan

Minnesota
  • FrostyEgg
    FrostyEgg Posts: 603
    WeberWho said:
    FrostyEgg said:

I can't think of anyone on the top of my head. I'd maybe hold off on selling the BGE until you spend some time with the pellet grill. I have a friend with 4 kids that has zero time for anything and he sold off his pellet grill for his Kamado Joe last year and raves about it.  I'd hate for you to sell it off only to regret it down the road. 
    I think either way i'd like more real estate. I'd likely jump ship to KJ if I stay with a kamado. BGE is making the warranty process way too difficult.