Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

OT - What are you doing right now?

Comments

• JohnInCarolina
    JohnInCarolina Posts: 32,151
    kl8ton said:

Vas is das?
    Top is schweinshaxe (pork knuckle) with mashed potatoes and sauerkraut.  Bottom is beef broth soup.  

The schweinshaxe was incredible.  Super tender on the inside (like pulled pork), with a crispy skin surrounding it.  I’ve never seen this in the US.
    "I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike
  • CPFC1905
    CPFC1905 Posts: 1,950
    edited January 14
    kl8ton said:

Vas is das?
    I am guessing lamb shank.  Looks too small for beef shin. 

Or could have read John’s answer.  The colour fooled me. 
    Other girls may try to take me away 
    But you know, it's by your side I will stay
  • JohnInCarolina
    JohnInCarolina Posts: 32,151
    CPFC1905 said:
    kl8ton said:

Vas is das?
    I am guessing lamb shank.  Looks too small for beef shin. 

Or could have read John’s answer.  The colour fooled me. 
    Nod.
    "I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike
  • alaskanassasin
    alaskanassasin Posts: 8,110
    edited January 14
    So was the PPV game add free? Or did you  have to chip in on gas for the team bus too.
    South of Columbus, Ohio.

• DoubleEgger
    DoubleEgger Posts: 17,759
    edited January 14
    I didn’t want to buy Peacock but I did. I could be a man of principle and all of that but I figure it’s nothing compared to price I pay for Sunday Ticket.  

I’ve spent a lot more for a lot less. 

• @WeberWho how do you guys know when it’s safe to get on the lakes to fish and how do
    you know when it’s safe to drive a vehicle out there? I’d be nervous as hell being some of the first ones out. 
    Snellville, GA

• kl8ton said:

Vas is das?
    Top is schweinshaxe (pork knuckle) with mashed potatoes and sauerkraut.  Bottom is beef broth soup.  

The schweinshaxe was incredible.  Super tender on the inside (like pulled pork), with a crispy skin surrounding it.  I’ve never seen this in the US.
    Had pork knuckle in Prague many years back and loved it. Looks like you’re having a great time, JIC. Keep the photos coming. 
  • lkapigian
    lkapigian Posts: 11,065
  • That looks like a lot of fun and I bet the added suspense of the ice shifting and making noises adds to the experience. I hope to have the opportunity to try this some day.
    Snellville, GA

• Battleborn
    Battleborn Posts: 3,502
    kl8ton said:

Vas is das?

Had pork knuckle in Prague many years back and loved it. Looks like you’re having a great time, JIC. Keep the photos coming. 
    At the expensive of sounding like Stump Baby, does pork Knuckle taste like it’s close relative Moose Knuckle?
    Las Vegas, NV

• Gulfcoastguy
    Gulfcoastguy Posts: 6,636
    ColbyLang said:

I put on the foam water tap covers yesterday. The quickest chore I’ve ever done.
  • alaskanassasin
    alaskanassasin Posts: 8,110
    ColbyLang said:

I put on the foam water tap covers yesterday. The quickest chore I’ve ever done.
    Missed opportunity there.
    South of Columbus, Ohio.

• CPFC1905
    CPFC1905 Posts: 1,950
    @JohnInCarolina  You're such a big draw that the streets are empty!  Well done. 
    Other girls may try to take me away 
    But you know, it's by your side I will stay
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    Ozzie_Isaac Posts: 20,228
    A few pics from Aachen.  Giving a talk this afternoon at RWTH (Germany’s largest technical university).

I often wonder if we have the capability to build structures like that today.  Same
    Idea as landing on the moon.  We could do it, but now we have lost the ability.

Maybe your purpose in life is only to serve as an example for others? - LPL

• @JohnInCarolina

I’m Aachen to go there. 

*crickets*
  • DoubleEgger
    DoubleEgger Posts: 17,759
    @Ozzie_Isaac I think that we still have the capability to do it. It is being done now as France rebuilds Notre Dame and Spain completes Sagrada Familia. For the most part, no one wants to stomach the cost of building anything ornate or of higher quality these days unless there is a direct ROI. We build stuff as cheaply as possible these days (especially in the USA). 
  • Botch
    Botch Posts: 16,058
    Ozzie_Isaac said:
    I often wonder if we have the capability to build structures like that today.  Same
    Idea as landing on the moon.  We could do it, but now we have lost the ability.
    I've been following the reconstruction of the Notre Dame whenever I see a story, and I'd say, "Yes, we can!"  They have been able to find artisans in many mediums, and they're making it happen.  
    Corporate bottom lines too often interfere if building "for the millenia", but it can be done.  

It also made me smile to see the cobblestone streets; they're all over in the old sections of European cities, and even a couple of them in my hometown of Sioux Falls.  They're not super-smooth to drive on high-speed (autobahns need not apply) but for downtowns and footpaths, they're great and seem to last forever.   

I asked my German friend if he knew the square root of 81.  He said no.  

• fishlessman
    fishlessman Posts: 33,233
    got some news this morning from a neighbor, front steps gone and damage to the closed in front porch. fingers crossed thats all. water was about 100 yards past the house. road was overtaken so wont get a look for atleast a week. heres the damage from the news of the area.

fukahwee maine

you can lead a fish to water but you can not make him drink it
  • lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 33,598
    Sorry to read that @fishlessman.  Mother Nature is rolling in hard this winter.  The uncertainty has got to be challenging.  As you well know, water damage is about the most destructive.  Da-n. 
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • fishlessman
    lousubcap said:
    Sorry to read that @fishlessman.  Mother Nature is rolling in hard this winter.  The uncertainty has got to be challenging.  As you well know, water damage is about the most destructive.  Da-n. 

been real lucky in the past. hopefully the basements not filled to the top with sand........the porch makes for a good breaker zone. from what i have heard so far,a row of houses about 20 properties north took the brunt of it and the other side of the breaker walls at camp ellis. all seacoast roads from maine, thru nh into mass were shut down on my ride in this morning. high tide mark is maybe 200 yards closer than were it was in 1950 when the family bought this place. house has been moved back once, betting they wont let us move it back again away from the water.
    fukahwee maine

• Ozzie_Isaac
    @fishlessman thank you for the update.  Hopefully all damage is manageable.

• Gulfcoastguy
    Yeah the quicker it gets cleaned out the less the damage.
  • fishlessman
    lousubcap said:
    I’ve seen what most of you people spend money on in the Buying thread. I don’t think $5 a month subscription that is also equipped with a month long free trial that can be canceled will kill that wallet to watch a football game. 

True- but it's the principal of the NFL and NBC play that pi$$es me off. 
    I expect this move to be the norm going forward-Follow the $$. 

i tried to explain that tv used to be free and that the interest on the visa card for a new set was a writeoff on your taxes....... =)
    fukahwee maine

• Gulfcoastguy
    Well we just had a person fall out with no pulse at the Chinese restaurant. Fortunately a woman from the hospital was there. She brought him around with just chest compressions. I was about to jump in with the breathing but I have either a cold or something similar. 
    Last week someone in the same section needed the Heimlick maneuver. I told the waitress next time I need to be in another section, bad things come in threes.
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    Well we just had a person fall out with no pulse at the Chinese restaurant. Fortunately a woman from the hospital was there. She brought him around with just chest compressions. I was about to jump in with the breathing but I have either a cold or something similar. 
    Last week someone in the same section needed the Heimlick maneuver. I told the waitress next time I need to be in another section, bad things come in threes.
    Oh geez!  Glad they brought him back around. Last I heard recommendation was only chest compressions.  Are we back to both compressions and breath?

• Gulfcoastguy
    she asked if someone could do do the breathing. I used to be certified but I have something respiratory going on right now. Fortunately 5 seconds later he came back.
  • fishlessman
    Oh geez!  Glad they brought him back around. Last I heard recommendation was only chest compressions.  Are we back to both compressions and breath?
    I think it's still no breath
    fukahwee maine