Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

OT - What are you doing right now?

Comments

• billt01
    billt01 Posts: 1,661
    Dropped a baby at 330am this morning in the freezing rain.

Wish you were closer, my wife wants two of those big dogs 
    Have:
     XLBGE / Stumps Baby XL / Couple of Stokers (Gen 1 and Gen 3) / Blackstone 36 / Maxey 3x5 water pan hog cooker
    Had:
    LBGE / Lang 60D / Cookshack SM150 / Stumps Stretch / Stumps Baby

Fat Willies BBQ
    Ola, Ga

• lousubcap said:
    I am overwhelmed by an anonymous gift just received.  The gift was a covert send but I am confident I know the source but will not reveal.  Suffice to say it is impressive and over the top. 
    I will also mention that it is laser engraved slate and will keep a cocktail from water marking a table.  Awesome is the word of the day!
    Thank you...
    Well deserved Frank. Show us a pic!
    Snellville, GA

• CPFC1905
    CPFC1905 Posts: 1,950
    A proper German breakfast, in Freiburg:

You could have made a pit stop in Blighty for some roof rectification! 
    But I am here…..
    Other girls may try to take me away 
    But you know, it's by your side I will stay
  • JohnInCarolina
    JohnInCarolina Posts: 32,154

"I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike
  • DoubleEgger
    DoubleEgger Posts: 17,759

Street food in Europe > Street food in the US
  • JohnInCarolina

Street food in Europe > Street food in the US
    Indeed I had one of these “Lange Rote” - basically a long sausage over some onions inside a baguette.  It hit the spot.  
  • Botch
    Botch Posts: 16,058
    ^^^ I really got to like how most German meals began with a cup of soup and good bread.  

I asked my German friend if he knew the square root of 81.  He said no.  

• lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 33,598
    This just in and figure more will read it here than in the OT section:

Snowstorm forces Steelers-Bills playoff game to Monday

Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • ColtsFan
    ColtsFan Posts: 6,506
    edited January 13
    lousubcap said:
    This just in and figure more will read it here than in the OT section:

Snowstorm forces Steelers-Bills playoff game to Monday

That’s BS. The colts/bills blizzard game in 2017 was awesome. The NFL is ruining the NFL. I’d be more concerned about KC tonight in -35 wind chills
    ~ John - https://www.instagram.com/hoosier_egger
    XL BGE, LG BGE, Med BGE, BGE Chiminea, KJ Jr, PK Original, Ardore Pizza Oven
    Bloomington, IN - Hoo Hoo Hoo Hoosiers!

• Botch
    ColtsFan said:
     I’d be more concerned about KC tonight in -35 wind chills
    I'm more than a little pissed that that game is only available on Peacock, NBC's "paid" streaming service.  

• Botch
    Botch said:
    ColtsFan said:
     I’d be more concerned about KC tonight in -35 wind chills
    I'm more than a little pissed that that game is only available on Peacock, NBC's "paid" streaming service.  
    Okay, now I'm confused.  I am watching the Dolphins/Chiefs game (on the NFL Network channel that comes with EweTubeTV) but they sometimes show previous games, and I can't see a date anywhere in the broadcast.  It's NOT that cold there right now, can't see anyone's breath and the crowd isn't bundled up.  It's 1:30 left of the first half, 14-0 Chiefs; am I watching today's game or not?  :confused:  Oh and what a turnover!!!  

• kl8ton
    kl8ton Posts: 5,629

Vas is das?
    Large, Medium, MiniMax, 36" Blackstone
    Grand Rapids MI
  • ColtsFan
    ColtsFan Posts: 6,506
    @Botch that’s the November 2023 game
    ~ John - https://www.instagram.com/hoosier_egger
    XL BGE, LG BGE, Med BGE, BGE Chiminea, KJ Jr, PK Original, Ardore Pizza Oven
    Bloomington, IN - Hoo Hoo Hoo Hoosiers!

• Botch
    Thank you sir.  

• Battleborn
    Battleborn Posts: 3,502
    I’ve seen what most of you people spend money on in the Buying thread. I don’t think $5 a month subscription that is also equipped with a month long free trial that can be canceled will kill that wallet to watch a football game. 
    Las Vegas, NV

• lousubcap
    I’ve seen what most of you people spend money on in the Buying thread. I don’t think $5 a month subscription that is also equipped with a month long free trial that can be canceled will kill that wallet to watch a football game. 

True- but it's the principal of the NFL and NBC play that pi$$es me off. 
    I expect this move to be the norm going forward-Follow the $$. 
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • Battleborn
    lousubcap said:

It’s been going that way for a while. Much like the Thursday night games going to Amazon Prime. I guess it doesn’t really affect me, my family has somehow managed to subscribe to every single streaming service, even after “cutting the cord”. I assume I’m net even though. 
    Las Vegas, NV

• Dobie
    Dobie Posts: 3,446
    We’re old and have a lawn @lousubcap nod, and NFL post season games have always been nationally televised.
    Your generation expects to pay we don’t.

Jacksonville FL
  • lousubcap
    I am sure I am missing some great Swiftie moments.   That is almost a reason to pony up the $$.  =)
  • lousubcap
    lousubcap said:

It’s been going that way for a while. Much like the Thursday night games going to Amazon Prime. I guess it doesn’t really affect me, my family has somehow managed to subscribe to every single streaming service, even after “cutting the cord”. I assume I’m net even though. 

The key word in the above is "assume" as I know many who, once cutting the cord and then subscribing end up with the same or higher payments.  Takes time to total them all up compared to the one-stop shop/payment.  FWIW-
  • Battleborn
    Dobie said:

LOL, my generation. That damn capitalism. 
    Las Vegas, NV

• Dobie
    Dobie Posts: 3,446
    Dobie said:

LOL, my generation. That damn capitalism. 
    I’m watching. Already had Peacock for some real house b!tches or some sh!t 😁
    Jacksonville FL
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    Ozzie_Isaac Posts: 20,228
    WeberWho said:
    -29 windchill with crazy winds but we managed to get up a couple pop-ups setup.

Dang, serious tailgating right there!  Fishin' in the parking lot.

Maybe your purpose in life is only to serve as an example for others? - LPL

• WeberWho
    WeberWho Posts: 11,220
    WeberWho said:
    -29 windchill with crazy winds but we managed to get up a couple pop-ups setup.

Dang, serious tailgating right there!  Fishin' in the parking lot.

Unfortunately the ice is too thin yet for the weight of vehicles. So we ended up going out a few hundred yards. It was a steep drop off. We were pushing 30' feet deep. 
    "The pig is an amazing animal. You feed a pig an apple and it makes bacon. Let's see Michael Phelps do that" - Jim Gaffigan

Minnesota
  • JohnInCarolina
    lousubcap said:
    I am sure I am missing some great Swiftie moments.   That is almost a reason to pony up the $$.  =)