Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

OT - What are you doing right now?

Comments

• Gulfcoastguy
    Gulfcoastguy Posts: 6,636
    I bet that trash panda could go to town on some ribs!
  • Botch
    Botch Posts: 16,058
    I'd bet he'd fit on a Large quite nicely!  

I asked my German friend if he knew the square root of 81.  He said no.  

• fishlessman
    fishlessman Posts: 33,233
    all the little cars in the parking lot.........clown convention? =)

129 Clowns Test Positive for Coronavirus After Riding in Same Tiny Car

fukahwee maine

you can lead a fish to water but you can not make him drink it
  • JohnInCarolina
    JohnInCarolina Posts: 32,155
    all the little cars in the parking lot.........clown convention? =)

129 Clowns Test Positive for Coronavirus After Riding in Same Tiny Car

Dangit… my cover has been blown!
    "I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike
  • Nice pictures but where's the snow?
    XL and Small BGEs in South Carolina
  • JohnInCarolina
    Nice pictures but where's the snow?
    The Germans I’ve talked to indicated that, twenty years ago, this area would have been covered with snow at this time of the year. Climate change has … changed that.
  • DoubleEgger
    DoubleEgger Posts: 17,759
    I like how the building follows the terrain. 
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    Ozzie_Isaac Posts: 20,228
    A few more pics of the institute itself:

That has zombie apocalypse written all over it.  This is the institute responsible for accidentally unleashing it on the world …. or it is the one being attacked and working on a vaccine to save mankind.  Could go either way.

Maybe your purpose in life is only to serve as an example for others? - LPL

• lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 33,599
    How are the driving habits on your road-trip?
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • JohnInCarolina
    lousubcap said:
    Haha you’ll laugh, Frank. On the drive over from Frankfurt, we stopped in a small village for lunch.  To get to the institute, we took a scenic route over the mountains.

I was doing a pretty good clip up the mountain road when we all saw a red light flash once - bright and quick - on the side of the road.  Likely an automatic speed trap.  

I have no idea how it will work given that it’s a rental.  I suppose I’ll find out when I return the car on Sunday…
  • HeavyG
    HeavyG Posts: 10,380
    Did the "Brazilian test" on tensile strength originally start with studying wax and hair?
    Inquiring minds and all...

“Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away.” ― Philip K. Diçk

• kl8ton
    kl8ton Posts: 5,629
    lousubcap said:
    Haha you’ll laugh, Frank. On the drive over from Frankfurt, we stopped in a small village for lunch.  To get to the institute, we took a scenic route over the mountains.

I was doing a pretty good clip up the mountain road when we all saw a red light flash once - bright and quick - on the side of the road.  Likely an automatic speed trap.  

I have no idea how it will work given that it’s a rental.  I suppose I’ll find out when I return the car on Sunday…
    My BIL rented a car in Italy a little while back. His tickets were waiting for him in his mailbox at home. Good luck!
    Large, Medium, MiniMax, 36" Blackstone
    Grand Rapids MI
  • kl8ton said:
    lousubcap said:

My BIL rented a car in Italy a little while back. His tickets were waiting for him in his mailbox at home. Good luck!
    Same thing happened to me in Italy. Got back to two very hefty tickets (once the out of country surcharge was applied). 🙃
  • Does anyone have pieces from this set? In need of some new furniture and am strongly considering them. 

• DoubleEgger
    Does anyone have pieces from this set? In need of some new furniture and am strongly considering them. 

You can use it for 8 years and take it back for a refund just like a Christmas tree. 
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    Does anyone have pieces from this set? In need of some new furniture and am strongly considering them. 

You can use it for 8 years and take it back for a refund just like a Christmas tree. 
    Only if the lights stop working.

• Ozzie_Isaac
    They have a pretty cool tradition here, where everyone who gives a talk writes their abstract in a book - by hand.  Here’s mine:

< commence Brazilian wax jokes >
    You have absolutely stunning handwriting.  Artistic flourishes, yet read-able.

• DoubleEgger
    They have a pretty cool tradition here, where everyone who gives a talk writes their abstract in a book - by hand.  Here’s mine:

You should see the checks he writes! IYKYK. 
  • johnmitchell
    johnmitchell Posts: 6,724

You should see the checks he writes! IYKYK. 
    😂😂
    Greensboro North Carolina
    When in doubt Accelerate....
  • Botch
    kl8ton said:
    lousubcap said:

I blew off a parking ticket from the Fine City of Seattle on my rental car, 2 or 3 decades ago.  It took them six months, but they caught up with me.  Won't be doing that again.    

• lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 33,599
    @JohnInCarolina - I am sure Duke ( via the expense report) will end up with an extra charge and in short order.  He!! even the toll roads here in TX can hit your rental within 10 days of the charge. 
    Now to air it out on the Autobahn and see if there are any cameras. 
    Enjoy and safe travels!
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • Botch

The final years of my career I was always attending useless meetings, scribbling notes furiously.  It has shocked me how much handwriting is a learned skill, requiring regular practice, since retiring four years ago.  
    I still bla-bla-bla on many forums, but that's all typing, a totally different skill-set.  When I have to write a check to someone, or even sign a document, it almost scares me how poorly I write in cursive anymore.
    I know it doesn't take too long for that skill-set to come back; sometime in the last year or two of my AF Reserve years we had to inventory all the small explosive stores in a rather large warehouse, and both our barcode readers had failed.  So, we had to pick a row, one person would crawl around with a flashlight and read off the NSN, Quantity, Last Inspected date, and a bunch of other data I can't remember; while someone else followed with a clipboard, handwriting the data onto paper.  This took us about a week, and by the end my handwriting was back at its peak (and my knees/back were screaming; not everything comes back so easily).    

• lkapigian
    lkapigian Posts: 11,065
    Botch said:

The final years of my career I was always attending useless meetings, scribbling notes furiously.  It has shocked me how much handwriting is a learned skill, requiring regular practice, since retiring four years ago.  
    I still bla-bla-bla on many forums, but that's all typing, a totally different skill-set.  When I have to write a check to someone, or even sign a document, it almost scares me how poorly I write in cursive anymore.
    I know it doesn't take too long for that skill-set to come back; sometime in the last year or two of my AF Reserve years we had to inventory all the small explosive stores in a rather large warehouse, and both our barcode readers had failed.  So, we had to pick a row, one person would crawl around with a flashlight and read off the NSN, Quantity, Last Inspected date, and a bunch of other data I can't remember; while someone else followed with a clipboard, handwriting the data onto paper.  This took us about a week, and by the end my handwriting was back at its peak (and my knees/back were screaming; not everything comes back so easily).    
    A Brazilian test, a Brazilian is a lot 
    Visalia, Ca @lkapigian
  • Battleborn
    Battleborn Posts: 3,502
    lousubcap said:

Speaking purely hypothetically, and certainly not as someone that may or may not deal with traffic related tickets, but unless you are a frequent traveler to said country, what are they going to do? Never seen an extraditable warrant from an international country for a traffic offense. 
    Las Vegas, NV

• alaskanassasin
    alaskanassasin Posts: 8,110
    Botch said:

Writing is being replaced by typing.
    South of Columbus, Ohio.

• JohnInCarolina
    lousubcap said:
    @JohnInCarolina - I am sure Duke ( via the expense report) will end up with an extra charge and in short order.  He!! even the toll roads here in TX can hit your rental within 10 days of the charge. 
    Now to air it out on the Autobahn and see if there are any cameras. 
    Enjoy and safe travels!
    We were on the Autobahn for a bit, no cameras there.  I got our little VW rental SUV up to 160 km/hr, and I’m happy to report that Germans appear to quickly move over when someone is right behind them.  That being said, I was far from the fastest driver on the road.