Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

OT - What are you doing right now?

Comments

• HeavyG
    HeavyG Posts: 10,380
    Neat plane - a Van's Aircraft RV-something (not sure of which model). One of the most popular kit built experimental aircraft worldwide.
    “Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away.” ― Philip K. Diçk

• WeberWho
    WeberWho Posts: 11,220
    "The pig is an amazing animal. You feed a pig an apple and it makes bacon. Let's see Michael Phelps do that" - Jim Gaffigan

Minnesota
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    Ozzie_Isaac Posts: 20,228

WeberWho said:
    Good eye!  Thanks for sharing!

Maybe your purpose in life is only to serve as an example for others? - LPL

• Ozzie_Isaac
    edited January 4

HeavyG said:
    Neat plane - a Van's Aircraft RV-something (not sure of which model). One of the most popular kit built experimental aircraft worldwide.
    Correct!  He mentioned the model designation but I didn’t catch it.  Cruises at 194 knots and burns 10 gallon/hour with 40 gallon capacity.  Tandem that the owners fly all around the west.  Owners built it themselves over the course of many years and moves.

• Botch
    Botch Posts: 16,058
    Ozzie, you’ve put so much money/time/work into your beautiful current residence, but looked at other opportunities to the north, and other properties local.  Do you just have permanent wanderlust?  

I asked my German friend if he knew the square root of 81.  He said no.  

• Saw a pretty cool property today.  Private 2800’ runway and hangar.

Me thinks you’re simply looking for a space to host epic parties that rival the likes of Carey’s. 
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    Botch said:
    Ozzie, you’ve put so much money/time/work into your beautiful current residence, but looked at other opportunities to the north, and other properties local.  Do you just have permanent wanderlust?  
    Always looking for opportunities.  Still have Morgan on my mind, now that prices in the valley have settled a bit, might be time to look again.

• JohnInCarolina
    JohnInCarolina Posts: 32,157
    Getting ready to travel to Germany - flight leaves tomorrow.  RDU to ATL to Frankfurt.

I was set to take a train from Frankfurt to the place I'll be working next week, but apparently the train workers are set to go on strike.  The cost was about a wash anyway so I rented a car for the week.  Glad I know how to drive a stick  - it's pretty much their default and they charge more for an automatic.  

I shall report back as to whether or not Germans are better about driving slowly in the left lane...
    "I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike
  • Canugghead
    Canugghead Posts: 11,976
    Unthinkable that I used to defrost with hairdryer, duh  :)
    Hot water and towel is way safer and faster. For example, the shelf that has the hot water pan on it as shown took just over 10 minutes to clear up. The ceiling coil is still a PITA though.
    Question for anyone that still has manual defrost dinosaur, how do you defrost? Wondering if a steamer would work better.

canuckland
  • nealmgb
    nealmgb Posts: 75
    Set a fan (oscillating, box) in front of it blowing air at it.
    LBGE St. Louis MO
  • shtgunal3
    shtgunal3 Posts: 5,815
    Hot water and towel is way safer and faster. For example, the shelf that has the hot water pan on it as shown took just over 10 minutes to clear up. The ceiling coil is still a PITA though.
    Question for anyone that still has manual defrost dinosaur, how do you defrost? Wondering if a steamer would work better.

A hammer and a pry bar is a bad idea. Don’t ask me how I know.

LBGE,SBGE, and a Mini makes three......Sweet home Alabama........ Stay thirsty my friends .

• kl8ton
    kl8ton Posts: 5,629

I'm assuming in this scenario that time is of the essence?
    Large, Medium, MiniMax, 36" Blackstone
    Grand Rapids MI
  • lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 33,599
    @JohnInCarolina -  Along with the driving adventures I'm quite sure you will enjoy fine German beers during your stay.  Safe travels!
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • Elijah
    Elijah Posts: 776
    @JohnInCarolina my coworker once went to Italy where they give your car reservation away if you get delayed quickly. He had reserved an automatic. He got there and all they had were manuals. After mentioning the reservation and that he couldn't drive a manual he said he guessed he could learn. They found an automatic.

A manual fiat panda in Italy was really fun to drive. 
  • Canugghead
    edited January 4
    nealmgb said:
    You mean for the whole thing or just the ceiling? If former, how long will that take? I have 100% full contents holding in multiple cooler boxes, time is of the essence.

Edit: From my past experience even a hair dryer on max heat and speed took forever compared to hot water + towel. Each shelf had about an inch of ice above and below. After I posted I used a garden blower to clear the loose ice trapped between the top coil and ceiling.
    canuckland
  • Canugghead
    kl8ton said:

I'm assuming in this scenario that time is of the essence?
    Indeed.
    canuckland
  • Battleborn
    Battleborn Posts: 3,502
    nealmgb said:
    You mean for the whole thing or just the ceiling? If former, how long will that take? I have 100% full contents holding in multiple cooler boxes, time is of the essence.

Edit: From my past experience even a hair dryer on max heat and speed took forever compared to hot water + towel. Each shelf had about an inch of ice above and below. After I posted I used a garden blower to clear the loose ice trapped between the top coil and ceiling.
    You live in Canada, isn’t that place one big freezer by now?
    Las Vegas, NV

• Canugghead
    nealmgb said:

You live in Canada, isn’t that place one big freezer by now?
    Haha, matter of fact our walk in fridge (enclosed porch) was 'broken' for over a week or so, mother nature just fixed it few days ago  =)
    canuckland
  • Canugghead
    Replaced the furnace power supply switch with a switched outlet and a pig tail.

canuckland
  • Canugghead
    edited January 5
    ^^^ 110V gas furnace, plug makes it generator extension cord ready. Easy middle ground solution between doing nothing and messing with main electrical panel/circuit, not sure why I started worrying since we never had a prolonged outage since the Blackout of August 2003  :)
    canuckland
  • lkapigian
    lkapigian Posts: 11,065
    Replaced the furnace power supply switch with a switched outlet and a pig tail.

Shouldn’t that be fourneau =) 
    Visalia, Ca @lkapigian
  • JohnInCarolina
    JohnInCarolina Posts: 32,157
    kl8ton said:
    Marco 
    Polo
    "I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike
  • lkapigian
    lkapigian Posts: 11,065
    kl8ton said:
    Marco 
    Polo
    lol….
    Visalia, Ca @lkapigian
  • Legume
    Legume Posts: 15,059
    I'm wondering what's up with Aggieland and Qatar.
    Not a felon
  • DoubleEgger
    DoubleEgger Posts: 17,762
    Legume said:
    From what I read, it’s next level stupid. 
  • ColbyLang
    ColbyLang Posts: 3,766
    Hydrating. First Mardi Gras ball of the season tonight. 
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    Legume said:
    From what I read, it’s next level stupid. 
    Is this in reference to Texas A&M and their partnership with Qatar and nuclear proliferation?