Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

OT - What are you doing right now?

Comments

• lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 33,599
    @Battleborn- there's always room for you!
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • Battleborn
    Battleborn Posts: 3,502
    lousubcap said:
    @Battleborn- there's always room for you!
    Unfortunately, I’m working for the NYE weekend tonight. Maybe the next get together. 
    Las Vegas, NV

• ColbyLang
    ColbyLang Posts: 3,766
    Shuffling thru clothing that is too big. Specifically golf clothes. 8 pairs of shorts and 15 shirts. Gonna offer em to my brothers before she decides what to do with it all. 
  • ColbyLang said:
    Shuffling thru clothing that is too big. Specifically golf clothes. 8 pairs of shorts and 15 shirts. Gonna offer em to my brothers before she decides what to do with it all. 
    This is a new concept for me.  All of my clothes seem to become too small with time...
    "I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike
  • ColbyLang
    When I hit 40, I lost about 20#. I needed to be able to keep up with my kids. Nothing changed in my diet. My activity level increased though. Closet full of clothes that doesn’t fit. Time to move it along
  • Just did a Costco run. Didn’t forget the essentials. Was surprised to see this almost 2L bottle. 

• ColbyLang
    Enjoying a lazy American Saturday.

Cant shoot on that open prairie behind your house? I pictured you standing in the Roman bath Glock in each hand, letting it eat
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    Ozzie_Isaac Posts: 20,228
    ColbyLang said:
    Enjoying a lazy American Saturday.

Cant shoot on that open prairie behind your house? I pictured you standing in the Roman bath Glock in each hand, letting it eat
    Used to, but the new master planned community neighbors get a bit bent when we do.  Now just archery at the homestead.  It is sad, 2 of my favorite spots now have homes on them. 

Maybe your purpose in life is only to serve as an example for others? - LPL

• WeberWho
    WeberWho Posts: 11,220
    For you wrestling fans:

"The pig is an amazing animal. You feed a pig an apple and it makes bacon. Let's see Michael Phelps do that" - Jim Gaffigan

Minnesota
  • Room service at the Peabody 
    South of Columbus, Ohio.

• kl8ton
    kl8ton Posts: 5,629
    Room service at the Peabody 
    You done combining then?
    Large, Medium, MiniMax, 36" Blackstone
    Grand Rapids MI
  • kl8ton
    Let's go Lions!
    Grand Rapids MI
  • ColbyLang
    Bidding on bourbon overseas….again. 
  • kl8ton said:
    Let's go Lions!
    Do rv parks traditionally use leach fields or giant septic tanks?
    South of Columbus, Ohio.

• kl8ton
    kl8ton said:
    Let's go Lions!
    Both. And lagoons. I'm on municipal water and sewer. I just have high payments and lower stress! The septic stuff varies by state. It's a struggle for sure. 
    Grand Rapids MI
  • kl8ton

A pic I snapped on Marco today with my old android. 
    Grand Rapids MI
  • kl8ton
    kl8ton said:
    kl8ton said:
    Let's go Lions!
    Both. And lagoons. I'm on municipal water and sewer. I just have high payments and lower stress! The septic stuff varies by state. It's a struggle for sure. 
    If I happened to be on septic... And wanted to add 2 sites.... The state of Michigan would be about a year out to give approval or denial on my plans. Plans have to be stamped by a civil engineer and submitted in triplicate. 
    Grand Rapids MI
  • alaskanassasin
    alaskanassasin Posts: 8,110
    edited December 2023
    kl8ton said:
    kl8ton said:
    kl8ton said:
    Let's go Lions!
    If I happened to be on septic... And wanted to add 2 sites.... The state of Michigan would be about a year out to give approval or denial on my plans. Plans have to be stamped by a civil engineer and submitted in triplicate. 
    We were visiting family outside of Austin and also have family in a “rv park” I did not see a leach field, just tank lids. I was just curious. 650$ a month for a gravel pad with mud driveway and no trespassing sign at the entrance, Wally the un neutered off leash Doberman peeing on your lawn furniture, grackles picking through the dumpster…
    got me thinking lol.  I guess with the Giga Factory and Samsung plant they can charge whatever they want 
    South of Columbus, Ohio.

• Botch
    Botch Posts: 16,059
    kl8ton said:

Cormorants are a prehistoric waterfowl that aren't quite... waterproof.  When you see them swimming, you only see their heads, as they are barely buoyant at all (they are, however, excellent divers).  Once they catch their prey (or just get tired of swimming) they must sun/air themselves (as @kl8ton's pic above shows) long enough to get enough water off them (they're not waterproof, like ducks) before they can fly.  
    Despite these disadvantages, they still thrive, since prehistoric times.  And that's everything I know about cormorants.  

I asked my German friend if he knew the square root of 81.  He said no.  

• kl8ton
    edited December 2023
    kl8ton said:
    kl8ton said:
    kl8ton said:
    Let's go Lions!
    We were visiting family outside of Austin and also have family in a “rv park” I did not see a leach field, just tank lids. I was just curious. 650$ a month for a gravel pad with mud driveway and no trespassing sign at the entrance, Wally the un neutered off leash Doberman peeing on your lawn furniture, grackles picking through the dumpster…
    got me thinking lol.  I guess with the Giga Factory and Samsung plant they can charge whatever they want 
    In the winter I charge 750 per month plus electric. Summer is about double that plus electric. Camper needs to be 10 years old or newer. Pets to be on leash or I will eject you. 

Edit: I do have paved roads. Crushed limestone sites and some gravel sites. Heated pool and tons of family stuff going on in the summer. 
    Grand Rapids MI
  • kl8ton said:
    kl8ton said:
    kl8ton said:
    kl8ton said:
    Let's go Lions!
    In the winter I charge 750 per month plus electric. Summer is about double that plus electric. Camper needs to be 10 years old or newer. Pets to be on leash or I will eject you. 

Edit: I do have paved roads. Crushed limestone sites and some gravel sites. Heated pool and tons of family stuff going on in the summer. 
    In this case they don’t like rules so I guess they’re in the right place!
    South of Columbus, Ohio.

• kl8ton
    Botch said:
    kl8ton said:

Cormorants are a prehistoric waterfowl that aren't quite... waterproof.  When you see them swimming, you only see their heads, as they are barely buoyant at all (they are, however, excellent divers).  Once they catch their prey (or just get tired of swimming) they must sun/air themselves (as @kl8ton's pic above shows) long enough to get enough water off them (they're not waterproof, like ducks) before they can fly.  
    Despite these disadvantages, they still thrive, since prehistoric times.  And that's everything I know about cormorants.  
    They dry their wings like the aninga!
    Grand Rapids MI
  • Dobie
    Dobie Posts: 3,446
    Botch said:
    kl8ton said:

Snakebirds common here
    Jacksonville FL
  • GrateEggspectations
    GrateEggspectations Posts: 9,837
    edited December 2023
    Update: Yet more progress from a very small but dedicated group of enthusiasts. LEO now solidly exited. 

Made a rare date night escape (@canugghead) only to meet new friends and have them take us to several true speakeasys (think tiny entrances via the bowels of restaurant kitchens), where many liquid delicacies were greatly enjoyed. One fellow was a seismologist (?) who had been a drummer and a dancer as well as had seen the world’s greatest musicians in the flesh - Hendrix, the Doors, the Stones, etc. Super nice guy who lives in your neck of the woods, @nolaegghead. Right on Bourbon street. 

Now to wake with the tots in a few hours’ time. 🙂

One of the most memorable evenings I’ve had in recent memory - notwithstanding the spirits. 

(Edit: Forgot to mention that our outing started seeing Grammy-nominated Alex Terrier. Great show.)

• Ozzie_Isaac
    Ozzie_Isaac Posts: 20,228
    Update: Yet more progress from a very small but dedicated group of enthusiasts. LEO now solidly exited. 

Made a rare date night escape (@canugghead) only to meet new friends and have them take us to several true speakeasys (think tiny entrances via the bowels of restaurant kitchens), where many liquid delicacies were greatly enjoyed. One fellow was a seismologist (?) who had been a drummer and a dancer as well as had seen the world’s greatest musicians in the flesh - Hendrix, the Doors, the Stones, etc. Super nice guy who lives in your neck of the woods, @nolaegghead. Right on Bourbon street. 

Now to wake with the tots in a few hours’ time. 🙂

One of the most memorable evenings I’ve had in recent memory - notwithstanding the spirits. 

(Edit: Forgot to mention that our outing started seeing Grammy-nominated Alex Terrier. Great show.)

What a fantastic way to finish up the year!  Thanks for sharing with us!  Hopefully some speakeasy photos will follow.

Maybe your purpose in life is only to serve as an example for others? - LPL

• lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 33,599
    @GrateEggspectations and @Ozzie_Isaac You guys are either up really late or early.  Guess the anticipation of 123123 was a driver.  =)
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • Sadly, no photos. The places, which all featured DJs hidden out of view, were tiny and I would have stood out like a sore thumb.