Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

OT - What are you doing right now?

Comments

• The wife is making bourbon balls.  I married well!
    "I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike
  • @Dyal_SC Fantastic looking grub😋
    Greensboro North Carolina
    When in doubt Accelerate....
  • Dyal_SC said:
    Happy family…. Finally threw on those Chartoonery balls I posted about the other day. 

goodness gracious!
  • @Ozzie_Isaac

At least photoshop your head into it!
  • Hope this one is on your wish list, “Destroyer of Weekends”.

• Watched Die Hard this morning and now watching Christmas Vacation.
    I did that one a few days ago and Die Hard 2 last night. Lethal Weapon is also a good Christmas action pic
    XL BGE
    Plainfield, IL.
  • Prime Rib is on the egg. Au jus is simmering on the stove and about to start the potatoes. I’ll be pulling the prime rib about 125.
    XL BGE
    Plainfield, IL.
  • CPFC1905
    CPFC1905 Posts: 1,950
    Prime Rib is on the egg. Au jus is simmering on the stove and about to start the potatoes. I’ll be pulling the prime rib about 125.
    125???? Are you sure?  That’s two and a half times too hot?   
    Oh. You mean F.   You guys and your funny degrees. 
    Other girls may try to take me away 
    But you know, it's by your side I will stay
  • CPFC1905 said:
    Prime Rib is on the egg. Au jus is simmering on the stove and about to start the potatoes. I’ll be pulling the prime rib about 125.
    125???? Are you sure?  That’s two and a half times too hot?   
    Oh. You mean F.   You guys and your funny degrees. 
    Nod
  • lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 33,599
    And a return nod-
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    Ozzie_Isaac Posts: 20,229
    edited December 2023

Maybe your purpose in life is only to serve as an example for others? - LPL

• dbCooper
    dbCooper Posts: 2,357
    lkapigian said:
    dbCooper said:
    About 31F here with 83% humidity.  Let the mutts out and noticed the heat pump coils are frozen.  Switched on the a/c for about 10 minutes to thaw the unit.  Hoping to get lucky troubleshooting the defrost system, upside is I'll have nice weather to work in.

Should be easy peazy , it’s just a board … kind of looks like an uneven frost pattern though
    @lkapigian - Just a board containing passive analog components.  Does $300. seem a reasonable price for it (retail)?

Onboard diagnostics point to the "Integrated Compressor Control" relay on that board as being the problem.  I'd value your opinion about trying to source that relay versus swapping the board.  I'm cheap and competent at soldering, have no competency at HVAC diagnostics.
    Note there is a test using one of the micro-switches to engage the defrost system.  Running that test does not engage defrost and returns the code pointing to the ICC relay.  Weird to me because that relay is necessary for heat and a/c functions, which work just fine.

LBGE, LBGE-PTR, 22" Weber, Coleman 413G
    Great Plains, USA
  • dbCooper said:
    lkapigian said:
    dbCooper said:
    About 31F here with 83% humidity.  Let the mutts out and noticed the heat pump coils are frozen.  Switched on the a/c for about 10 minutes to thaw the unit.  Hoping to get lucky troubleshooting the defrost system, upside is I'll have nice weather to work in.

Should be easy peazy , it’s just a board … kind of looks like an uneven frost pattern though
    @lkapigian - Just a board containing passive analog components.  Does $300. seem a reasonable price for it (retail)?

Onboard diagnostics point to the "Integrated Compressor Control" relay on that board as being the problem.  I'd value your opinion about trying to source that relay versus swapping the board.  I'm cheap and competent at soldering, have no competency at HVAC diagnostics.
    Note there is a test using one of the micro-switches to engage the defrost system.  Running that test does not engage defrost and returns the code pointing to the ICC relay.  Weird to me because that relay is necessary for heat and a/c functions, which work just fine.

I sent you a pm 
    South of Columbus, Ohio.

• dbCooper
    @alaskanassasin - Thank you.
    Great Plains, USA
  • lkapigian
    lkapigian Posts: 11,065
    dbCooper said:
    If you can’t force defrost, likely the board 47-102684-14 around 60.00 online ( confirm pn) also check defrost thermostat, if it doesn’t think there is ice there, it won’t defrost 
    Visalia, Ca @lkapigian
  • SamIAm2
    SamIAm2 Posts: 1,949
    edited December 2023

Using Amadeus Pro to import first cassette recordings from new TASCAM cassette deck, setting input levels to stay at a reasonable level. Noticing just how bad the turntable/tape deck combination was when I originally made this mix tape. But I think I can clean this up with enough time. It is a 60 minute tape and I am only recording the first 30 minutes. Will be fun to remember all the settings I changed on the computer when I want to put things back. Fun stuff and am enjoying just listening to the music from a long time ago.

Edit - Thanks autocorrect. Replaced manufacturer’s name with the name of a city in Arizona. 
    Ubi panis, ibi patria.
    Large - Roswell rig, MiniMax-PS Woo; Cocoa, Fl.
  • ColbyLang
    ColbyLang Posts: 3,766
    Bout to leave 90 minutes early for 4pm Christmas mass. Church is 3 minutes from
    the house. Will be standing room only 
  • dbCooper
    lkapigian said:
    dbCooper said:
    If you can’t force defrost, likely the board 47-102684-14 around 60.00 online ( confirm pn) also check defrost thermostat, if it doesn’t think there is ice there, it won’t defrost 

@lkapigian - That is very useful info for me, I appreciate you taking the time to provide it.  My unit calls for a different suffix in the p/n, 47-102684-83.  About $70. for the board along with temp sensors for ambient and coil.
    Great Plains, USA
  • Dyal_SC
    Dyal_SC Posts: 6,230
    Watching Grinch. Just had 2 bbq sliders, half of an entire pecan pie, a blue bell cup of ice cream and a Diet Coke for dinner. 
  • Foghorn
    Foghorn Posts: 10,017
    Dyal_SC said:
    Watching Grinch. Just had 2 bbq sliders, half of an entire pecan pie, a blue bell cup of ice cream and a Diet Coke for dinner. 
    It seems that our diets are very similar.  I commend you sir.

By "half of an entire pecan pie" - you mean "2 slices" - right?  Because a large pecan pie should be sliced in 1/4s.

XXL BGE, Karebecue, Klose BYC, Chargiller Akorn Kamado, Weber Smokey Mountain, Grand Turbo gasser, Weber Smoky Joe, and the wheelbarrow that my grandfather used to cook steaks from his cattle

San Antonio, TX

• ColtsFan
    ColtsFan Posts: 6,507
    Just took some ribeye’s off the egg. Don’t know that I’ve ever done that when it’s 60* outside on Christmas Eve. 
    ~ John - https://www.instagram.com/hoosier_egger
    XL BGE, LG BGE, Med BGE, BGE Chiminea, KJ Jr, PK Original, Ardore Pizza Oven
    Bloomington, IN - Hoo Hoo Hoo Hoosiers!

• Battleborn
    Battleborn Posts: 3,502
    Just attempted to make a last minute run to Kroger, wife needed some Coke Zero. The soda aisle looked like COVID times all over. There was maybe 8 cases of regular and none of any flavor of Coke Zero. 
    Las Vegas, NV

• Battleborn
    Battleborn Posts: 3,502
    Now tracking Santa with kitty. 
    Las Vegas, NV

• Dyal_SC
    Dyal_SC Posts: 6,230
    @Foghorn , yessir, only 2 slices indeed. 🤥