Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

OT - What are you doing right now?

Comments

• @GrateEggspectations - kind of the Mike Tyson of brisket tacos.
    "I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike
  • Corv
    Corv Posts: 420
    Needs a teaspoon or so of salsa....
    Somewhere on the Colorado Front Range
  • Battleborn
    Battleborn Posts: 3,502
    ColbyLang said:
    Day off before a hard 4 day grind into the holiday. Holidays on a Monday are absolutely the worst. Anyway, playing elf today. Starting some assembly while the kiddos are at school. Already assembled one seriously heavy foosball table for my son this morning. The joys of waking up at 3am daily
    The one thing that I do not miss about my kids being little is putting together all of their stuff. 
    Las Vegas, NV

• Ozzie_Isaac
    Ozzie_Isaac Posts: 20,231
    ColtsFan said:
    My wife made me an Advent Calendar this year for the 12 days of Christmas. I opened day 7 today, 5 to go. I don’t want to brag but she’s pretty awesome. The 50mls were one of the days. I can’t wait to see what’s next. 

She has good taste too!  What a cool thing to do!

Maybe your purpose in life is only to serve as an example for others? - LPL

• On the flight home via ATL.  Sadly had a very short connection in Atlanta, not enough time for Popeye’s…
  • fishlessman
    fishlessman Posts: 33,233
    On the flight home via ATL.  Sadly had a very short connection in Atlanta, not enough time for Popeye’s…

Was yelled at by a waitress because my dog had a barstool at the bar.  Did not help with her tip much......
    fukahwee maine

you can lead a fish to water but you can not make him drink it
  • On the flight home via ATL.  Sadly had a very short connection in Atlanta, not enough time for Popeye’s…

Was yelled at by a waitress because my dog had a barstool at the bar.  Did not help with her tip much......
    When was this?  Tonight?  You guys still without power up there?

Some of the scenes from NE look pretty bad.  Lots of flooding.
  • fishlessman
    fishlessman Posts: 33,233
    On the flight home via ATL.  Sadly had a very short connection in Atlanta, not enough time for Popeye’s…

When was this?  Tonight?  You guys still without power up there?

Some of the scenes from NE look pretty bad.  Lots of flooding.

Was in ATL sat for a couple hours. Was at the camp afterwards. The main road was shut down with flooding and trees knocked down All over the place. Looked like maybe 8-10 inches rain in a couple hours the way the river rose. Had the dock high and dry, it's floating again. Will need to pull it out to higher ground this weekend

Got out this morning, hope the power is back for the weekend to restock the fridge for the holiday.

Never found popeyes.....
    fukahwee maine

you can lead a fish to water but you can not make him drink it
  • Battleborn
    We had a shooting right at the end of our shift (no one was hurt) in an alleyway that always has a ton of people in it. It’s super weird that nobody saw anything. 
    Las Vegas, NV

• Ozzie_Isaac
    We had a shooting right at the end of our shift (no one was hurt) in an alleyway that always has a ton of people in it. It’s super weird that nobody saw anything. 
    Yeah, we had a kid beat to death after a Halloween party.  Everyone knows who did it, but nobody will talk to the police.  One kid involved was sent down to Mexico by his family.  The wealthy have a different justice system.

• Dobie
    Dobie Posts: 3,446
    edited December 2023
    Funny how that works.
    Jacksonville FL
  • We had a shooting right at the end of our shift (no one was hurt) in an alleyway that always has a ton of people in it. It’s super weird that nobody saw anything. 
    Yeah, we had a kid beat to death after a Halloween party.  Everyone knows who did it, but nobody will talk to the police.  One kid involved was sent down to Mexico by his family.  The wealthy have a different justice system.
    Agreed. A lot of people won’t talk to police out of fear. It’s crazy how widespread knowledge of an issue can be, but how so many can live in denial just because they were afraid to be the ones to come forward. A quote that I love: “The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing.”
  • kl8ton
    kl8ton Posts: 5,629
    That's my dislike for no Popeyes.
    Large, Medium, MiniMax, 36" Blackstone
    Grand Rapids MI
  • Battleborn
    Some days just aren’t your day, hug the ones you love. 
    Las Vegas, NV

• Ozzie_Isaac
    Some days just aren’t your day, hug the ones you love. 
    Sorry brother, hope things turn around.

• Baking Tollhouse cookies before my next and last conference call before Christmas
    XL BGE
    Plainfield, IL.
  • I did some cookies on a baking stone and some others in a silicone baking mat on an aluminum tray. The ones on the mat came out darker on the bottom.  I thought the mat would have lessened that effect more. Still within tolerance level of deliciousness. Lighter cookie was baked on the stone  

XL BGE
    Plainfield, IL.
  • Botch
    Botch Posts: 16,059
    Apparently the thermal conductivity of the aluminum was greater than the thermal insulation of the mat.  

You know you now have to bake a batch with the mat on the stone and report back, right?  

I asked my German friend if he knew the square root of 81.  He said no.  

• Botch said:
    Apparently the thermal conductivity of the aluminum was greater than the thermal insulation of the mat.  

You know you now have to bake a batch with the mat on the stone and report back, right?  
    Ha, I do have to do another batch tomorrow. I’ll consider that. 
    XL BGE
    Plainfield, IL.
  • dbCooper
    dbCooper Posts: 2,357
    edited December 2023
    Finding stuffs...
    *edit blurred pic
    LBGE, LBGE-PTR, 22" Weber, Coleman 413G
    Great Plains, USA
  • CPFC1905
    CPFC1905 Posts: 1,950

It loomed, it arrived, it occurred and it was a draw last night.  We knew it would be - not because of tremendous insight, but because it always is.  Five 1-1 draws on the bounce now in El-Gatwicko aka the A23 derby (it’s not a derby, it’s a rivalry).  With Place v Brighton out the way, what’s left?  Well, permit me to illustrate.

Friday 

Villa v Sheffield Utd, an unexpected gift from Santa will be taking top spot in the PL for Villa.  No-one saw that coming, and I’ll fight anyone who suggests otherwise.  Minor administrative point of winning his game first but come on - it’s the hapless Blades. 3-0

Saturday

West Ham v Man Utd, from nowhere a home win sees the Hammers up to 6th but perhaps the new siege based strategy of Utd will see a second airing this weekend?  I hope so because it drove everyone (ie just the media) apoplectic.  To be fair, most of them thinks it’s 2007 and Fergie is still in his pomp.  1-0.

Fulham v Burnley,  there will be goals.  Fulham’s last four PL gams have generated 20 goals, mostly in their favour.  The Clarets are there for the taking as they just can’t string performances together.  3-0

Luton v Newcastle, The Toon just have to put this game away by a comfortable margin.  Out of Europe and only just in the top 6 is not what the billions of petro-dollars investment should be retuning.  0-2

Man City v Brentford - not happening.  Citeh are in Saudi squeezing even more games out of the players in the interests of, well - er I don’t know.  And neither does anyone else. 

Forest v Bournemouth, the axe fell for Steve Potter and his inexorable slip towards the Palace manager job has accelerated. He leaves behind a faltering Forest with one point from the last 15 available.  New guy Nuno is greeted by a Cherries team that are in unfathomably good form.  More of the same but close. 1-2

Spurs v Everton,  big test for the resurgent Toffees revelling in their victim status - which could get a second wind as 777 Partners have yet to take control, which may or may not be good news in the long run.  777 have something of a colourful history, if casual Googling is anything to go by.  Spurs are being proper Spursy with two wins on the bounce.  Genuinely all results are on the table.  So, 2-1 - just because. 

Liverpool v Arsenal,  the table toppers head to Anfield while only a point clear of their hosts. All to play for then and there’s no reason why it won’t be a big old bunch of fun.  On the basis of nothing at all, home win by a narrow margin with both scoring. 2-1

Sunday

Wolves v Chelsea, it Christmas Eve and a Sunday with poor weather forecast. Who the flippy-heck will go to this match?  Neither team in good form or especially entertaining.  Shake hands on a 1-1 now and save us all. 

OK there’s many other fixtures during ’Twixmas but I’ll gift you the opportunity to self-direct your own monitoring of those matches.  You’re welcome.  And then we go again next weekend, in amongst the ten days of weekend that is now upon us.   

Must dash, I have an urgent email from a lawyer asking if I was upset by anything said or done by the Mayor when I visited NYC in the late 90’s.  Apparently I could be entitled to millions. 

Other girls may try to take me away 
    But you know, it's by your side I will stay
  • Foghorn
    Foghorn Posts: 10,017
    CPFC1905 said:

It loomed, it arrived, it occurred and it was a draw last night.  We knew it would be - not because of tremendous insight, but because it always is.  Five 1-1 draws on the bounce now in El-Gatwicko aka the A23 derby (it’s not a derby, it’s a rivalry).  With Place v Brighton out the way, what’s left?  Well, permit me to illustrate.

Friday 

Villa v Sheffield Utd, an unexpected gift from Santa will be taking top spot in the PL for Villa.  No-one saw that coming, and I’ll fight anyone who suggests otherwise.  Minor administrative point of winning his game first but come on - it’s the hapless Blades. 3-0

Saturday

West Ham v Man Utd, from nowhere a home win sees the Hammers up to 6th but perhaps the new siege based strategy of Utd will see a second airing this weekend?  I hope so because it drove everyone (ie just the media) apoplectic.  To be fair, most of them thinks it’s 2007 and Fergie is still in his pomp.  1-0.

Fulham v Burnley,  there will be goals.  Fulham’s last four PL gams have generated 20 goals, mostly in their favour.  The Clarets are there for the taking as they just can’t string performances together.  3-0

Luton v Newcastle, The Toon just have to put this game away by a comfortable margin.  Out of Europe and only just in the top 6 is not what the billions of petro-dollars investment should be retuning.  0-2

Man City v Brentford - not happening.  Citeh are in Saudi squeezing even more games out of the players in the interests of, well - er I don’t know.  And neither does anyone else. 

Forest v Bournemouth, the axe fell for Steve Potter and his inexorable slip towards the Palace manager job has accelerated. He leaves behind a faltering Forest with one point from the last 15 available.  New guy Nuno is greeted by a Cherries team that are in unfathomably good form.  More of the same but close. 1-2

Spurs v Everton,  big test for the resurgent Toffees revelling in their victim status - which could get a second wind as 777 Partners have yet to take control, which may or may not be good news in the long run.  777 have something of a colourful history, if casual Googling is anything to go by.  Spurs are being proper Spursy with two wins on the bounce.  Genuinely all results are on the table.  So, 2-1 - just because. 

Liverpool v Arsenal,  the table toppers head to Anfield while only a point clear of their hosts. All to play for then and there’s no reason why it won’t be a big old bunch of fun.  On the basis of nothing at all, home win by a narrow margin with both scoring. 2-1

Sunday

Wolves v Chelsea, it Christmas Eve and a Sunday with poor weather forecast. Who the flippy-heck will go to this match?  Neither team in good form or especially entertaining.  Shake hands on a 1-1 now and save us all. 

OK there’s many other fixtures during ’Twixmas but I’ll gift you the opportunity to self-direct your own monitoring of those matches.  You’re welcome.  And then we go again next weekend, in amongst the ten days of weekend that is now upon us.   

Must dash, I have an urgent email from a lawyer asking if I was upset by anything said or done by the Mayor when I visited NYC in the late 90’s.  Apparently I could be entitled to millions. 

Thanks as always for that.  I woke up this morning looking forward to reading it.  

I will say that I am thinking/predicting (maybe more hoping?) that the Scousers and the Gunners will draw 1-1.

XXL BGE, Karebecue, Klose BYC, Chargiller Akorn Kamado, Weber Smokey Mountain, Grand Turbo gasser, Weber Smoky Joe, and the wheelbarrow that my grandfather used to cook steaks from his cattle

San Antonio, TX

• WeberWho said:
    Wish me luck! I haven't had it since I was maybe 8 years old. 

Did you enjoy it then? I’d be doing all the add ons except “extra piece of lutefish”
    South of Columbus, Ohio.

• lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 33,601
    That is "doing the right thing for the right reasons."  Extremely well played @WeberWho.  
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.