Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

OT - What are you doing right now?

Comments

• Wishing all of you miscreants a Merry Christmas. Hope you have happy and safe celebrations. 
  • lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 33,599
    @Battleborn- May you and the members of your force and families stay safe, have a quiet day and enjoy with those who you hold dear.
    Merry Christmas!🎄
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • Corv
    Corv Posts: 420
    Have a safe day!
    Somewhere on the Colorado Front Range
  • Foghorn
    Foghorn Posts: 10,017
    lousubcap said:
    @Battleborn- May you and the members of your force and families stay safe, have a quiet day and enjoy with those who you hold dear.
    Merry Christmas!🎄
    Couldn't agree more.  Thank you for your service.

XXL BGE, Karebecue, Klose BYC, Chargiller Akorn Kamado, Weber Smokey Mountain, Grand Turbo gasser, Weber Smoky Joe, and the wheelbarrow that my grandfather used to cook steaks from his cattle

San Antonio, TX

• Foghorn
    Watching Home Alone - just 4 of us for Christmas this year.  Very relaxing.  Best Christmas in a long time.

XXL BGE, Karebecue, Klose BYC, Chargiller Akorn Kamado, Weber Smokey Mountain, Grand Turbo gasser, Weber Smoky Joe, and the wheelbarrow that my grandfather used to cook steaks from his cattle

San Antonio, TX

• lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 33,599
    @Canugghead - That is a whole upper level of effort to prep that bird.  I'm sure it will be quite a banquet centerpiece.  Great eats await.
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    Ozzie_Isaac Posts: 20,229
    Wishing I could have those days back when my kids were little.  Love who they have become, but Christmas was little ones is one of the best things 

Maybe your purpose in life is only to serve as an example for others? - LPL

• DoubleEgger
    DoubleEgger Posts: 17,765
    An annual Holiday Tradition! 

• Battleborn
    Battleborn Posts: 3,502
    Wishing I could have those days back when my kids were little.  Love who they have become, but Christmas was little ones is one of the best things 
    Wife and I were just talking about that. On one hand, the happiness and level excitement is missed. However, the older they get, the more relaxing it has become. 
    Las Vegas, NV

• Nice to see you posting after a no doubt busy day, @battleborn. Purely speculation, but is it possible that domestic disturbances and such are higher over the holidays? I get the sense it could be a particularly busy time. Probably more thefts around this time of year, as there are more deliveries taking place. 
  • Battleborn
    Nice to see you posting after a no doubt busy day, @battleborn. Purely speculation, but is it possible that domestic disturbances and such are higher over the holidays? I get the sense it could be a particularly busy time. Probably more thefts around this time of year, as there are more deliveries taking place. 
    Appreciate it, luckily I only worked a half day yesterday, so I was home by noon. My kids are older so they sleep half the day anyway. 

Domestics of some form or fashion are the calls we go to the most. They are a bit higher around the holidays. Half the homicides in the valley are domestically related. They get tough when you go to houses multiple times and know these people’s name. 

Anecdotally, theft is probably up a little more. Definitely vehicle theft, with all the kids out of school. 
    Las Vegas, NV

• Canugghead
    Canugghead Posts: 11,976
    Thanks @lousubcap. Call me ocd but I can't even feed the dog (not that I have one) without removing the nasties. With such a small bird, I need to salvage the drums or else settle for sausage size leg roulades.

btw, apologies for the tenths  ;)

canuckland
  • dbCooper
    dbCooper Posts: 2,357
    edited December 2023
    dbCooper said:
    lkapigian said:
    dbCooper said:
    @alaskanassasin - Thank you.
    If you can’t force defrost, likely the board 47-102684-14 around 60.00 online ( confirm pn) also check defrost thermostat, if it doesn’t think there is ice there, it won’t defrost 

@lkapigian - That is very useful info for me, I appreciate you taking the time to provide it.  My unit calls for a different suffix in the p/n, 47-102684-83.  About $70. for the board along with temp sensors for ambient and coil.

@lkapigian - I am getting ready to order the new defrost board.  When time allows can you help me with a point of confusion?  My heat pump is a Rheem RPQL-024JEZ, manufactured 05/2010.  Rheem has a footnote on their parts page stating: 
    "Replacement Defrost Boards for units produced before date code 2310 include Ambient and Defrost Sensors with the Replacement Defrost Board Kit. For JEZ units produced after date code 2310 the defrost function is integral with the main control board, and Ambient and Defrost Sensors should be ordered separately. Note: Date Codes are approximate."
    I do not know how to decode date code 2310 to an actual date.  Am I thinking right that since I have a Main Board and separate Defrost Board my unit was made before date code 2310?

Edit to add, new board has a 3rd relay on it...
    47-102684-83 - Defrost Control Board

LBGE, LBGE-PTR, 22" Weber, Coleman 413G
    Great Plains, USA
  • Canugghead
    Canugghead Posts: 11,976
    @dbCooper Excuse me for butting in, if the date code is in same format as the one on car tires, my guess is week#23 of 2010. Learned that recently from a mechanic who makes house calls to swap tires. Good luck with your troubleshooting, sounds challenging but you're in good hands with @lkapigian.

canuckland
  • Foghorn
    Watching Man U vs Aston Villa with my son who is home for the holidays.  My son just concluded that Man U don't belong in the Premier League.

@CPFC1905

San Antonio, TX

• Battleborn
    Saved $310.  Cut last one into 2" steaks, got 8 out of it.  Averaging $6 for a 2" thick New York Strip.  Steaks were decent quality, not SRF, but absolutely worth the price of admission.

Is Frys in the Kroger family of stores?
    Las Vegas, NV

• Just bailed out the mutts from their spa stay. The young one was leading all of the dogs in Christmas Carols.
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    Saved $310.  Cut last one into 2" steaks, got 8 out of it.  Averaging $6 for a 2" thick New York Strip.  Steaks were decent quality, not SRF, but absolutely worth the price of admission.

Yup!  Worth seeing if you have some local.  Took two stores to find them.

• CPFC1905
    CPFC1905 Posts: 1,950
    Foghorn said:
    Watching Man U vs Aston Villa with my son who is home for the holidays.  My son just concluded that Man U don't belong in the Premier League.

@CPFC1905
    But money talks and only one of the big bucks signings has to come off.  ☹️
    Other girls may try to take me away 
    But you know, it's by your side I will stay
  • Battleborn

Cool, heading to Smiths now. Hopefully they have some. 
    Las Vegas, NV

• Foghorn
    CPFC1905 said:
    Foghorn said:

@CPFC1905
    But money talks and only one of the big bucks signings has to come off.  ☹️
    He and I went to the gym and worked out instead of watching the 2nd half.  Good thing.  If we had stayed and watched they wouldn't have come back.  At least that is what my wife says. (Yes, it is possible that she just wanted us out of the house...)

San Antonio, TX

• Dobie
    Dobie Posts: 3,446

Seems like a missed opportunity, could have had 32 half inch steaks. 
    Jacksonville FL
  • lkapigian
    lkapigian Posts: 11,065
    dbCooper said:
    dbCooper said:
    lkapigian said:
    dbCooper said:
    @alaskanassasin - Thank you.
    If you can’t force defrost, likely the board 47-102684-14 around 60.00 online ( confirm pn) also check defrost thermostat, if it doesn’t think there is ice there, it won’t defrost 

@lkapigian - That is very useful info for me, I appreciate you taking the time to provide it.  My unit calls for a different suffix in the p/n, 47-102684-83.  About $70. for the board along with temp sensors for ambient and coil.

@lkapigian - I am getting ready to order the new defrost board.  When time allows can you help me with a point of confusion?  My heat pump is a Rheem RPQL-024JEZ, manufactured 05/2010.  Rheem has a footnote on their parts page stating: 
    "Replacement Defrost Boards for units produced before date code 2310 include Ambient and Defrost Sensors with the Replacement Defrost Board Kit. For JEZ units produced after date code 2310 the defrost function is integral with the main control board, and Ambient and Defrost Sensors should be ordered separately. Note: Date Codes are approximate."
    I do not know how to decode date code 2310 to an actual date.  Am I thinking right that since I have a Main Board and separate Defrost Board my unit was made before date code 2310?

Edit to add, new board has a 3rd relay on it...
    47-102684-83 - Defrost Control Board

Just saw this , if not to late, I’ll get you the exact PN in th am when I’m at my shop 
    Visalia, Ca @lkapigian
  • Deconstructed a 15 pounder for tomorrow,  no it won't be turducken  =)

If you really zoom into your breasts, there have got to be ten thousand little turkey nipples on them. Can you send me two bakers dozen? I'm going to dry them out and glue them on a stick to make a back scrubber. My cousin Billy had a turkey nipple back scrubber that lasted for many years and he was the shagnastiest of all of my family. He had back nubs for days, yet the chicken nipple brush kept them clean for six months
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    Found a jar of fermented pickles in the back of my fridge.  No visible mold, no bad smells, and very pleasant tingly mouth watering flavor.  Almost like I just put msg on my tongue.  I think they might be a year old, but not sure. Texture is good too.

Won't feed them to anyone else, but I'll enjoy them.

• Battleborn

Well, I struck out at the two nearest Kroger brand stores. Maybe next year. 
    Las Vegas, NV

• Ozzie_Isaac

Well, I struck out at the two nearest Kroger brand stores. Maybe next year. 
    Awe dang, that sucks.