Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

OT - What are you doing right now?

Comments

• lkapigian
    lkapigian Posts: 11,065
    Room service at the Peabody 
    Memphis ?
    Visalia, Ca @lkapigian
  • DoubleEgger
    DoubleEgger Posts: 17,765
    edited December 2023
    Posting in the wrong thread… 
  • ColtsFan
    ColtsFan Posts: 6,506
    Bringing Christmas totes inside so the wife can pack it all up. 
    ~ John - https://www.instagram.com/hoosier_egger
    XL BGE, LG BGE, Med BGE, BGE Chiminea, KJ Jr, PK Original, Ardore Pizza Oven
    Bloomington, IN - Hoo Hoo Hoo Hoosiers!

• Foghorn
    Foghorn Posts: 10,017
    Foghorn said:
    CPFC1905 said:

With cheerio to 2023 it’s’ the last round of PL matches - and it’s shaping up to be a league that no-one wants to win.  We’ve had new names amongst the upper echelon and a good rotation of pole sitters along the way. Not sure what else you guys have panned for 2024 but it will take some beating to distract you from the remaining 19 games.

Here we go, fuelled only by five digits worth of excess calories this week.

Saturday

Luton v Chelsea, the Hatters have two wins on the bounce and the Chels sneaked past Palace with a last minute penalty, mid-week.  Should be an away win but the dream is alive for Luton so they will fight hard. 1-2

Aston Villa v Burnley, can Villa be disappointed with third spot, having been so close to being top? The Clarets will be fearing Luton and all the others pulling further away as a home win seems almost certain. 3-0

Palace v Brentford, Oh dear.  The safe option looks like becoming the worst option as Roy’s farewell season could end in ignominious style. 8 without a win plus defats to similar and lower placed teams usually spells doom for managers. Long fancied Steve Potter in the wings, too.  The Bees are off 4 straight defeats, usually that ends for any team when they visit Selhurst.  This match feels big. 1-1

Man City v Sheffield Utd, even a big win doesn’t take Citeh back to the top, but the game in hand might - so this piece of AOB needs attending to with minimal fuss. 4-0

Wolves v Everton, back to back wins have brought the glow back to the Old Gold, while two defeats for the Toffees has dampened spirits, but confidence sustains. Away win could see Everton up to 14th and the point deduction firmly forgotten.  But this game screams stubborn and it’ll be 1-1. 

Forest v Man Utd, the hosts found a win under new man Nuno last time out, and Utd managed a win - too. Oddly hard to call because neither team are worth betting the farm upon, or even trusting with the change from your shopping. 1-1

Sunday

Fulham v Arsenal, and again the Gunners slip just as they seem to be getting to grips with being table topping regulars, this time inviting the Hammers to take all three points.   Fulham with three straight defeats under their belt are ripe for the taking to help keep this title race very much open. 0-2

Spurs v Bournemouth, Spursy Spurs are back back back. Two goals in the last ten minutes only halved the deficit against the filthy fetid Seagulls last night, who are naturally the world’s greatest team now - according to the sports press.   The Cheeries will not fear this trip after fore straight wins. Goals ahoy and just for fun I am saying 2-3.

Monday

Liverpool  v Newcastle, Toon have one win in five and are in danger of losing their bearings this season. The Reds sit two points clear and will bring the noise for this one. 2-1

Tuesday

West Ham v Brighton, the Hammers are looking good for sixth right now and welcome the very future of all things football. Tight contest and recent form suggest a narrow home win but somehow it feels another draw. 2-2.

There you go chaps, and a week off as it’s the third round of the FA Cup next week.  

Brilliant as always.  Thank you.

Ever the optimist, I am going to go with "a slight change in management has gotten the Red Devils to recognize that they are all potentially for sale and as a result they are going to perform better than they have in recent matches"  Forest 0 - ManU 2
    Clearly I was wrong.  Again.  Sigh.   ManU are as Spursy as Spurs.

XXL BGE, Karebecue, Klose BYC, Chargiller Akorn Kamado, Weber Smokey Mountain, Grand Turbo gasser, Weber Smoky Joe, and the wheelbarrow that my grandfather used to cook steaks from his cattle

San Antonio, TX

• Memphis @lkapigian
    South of Columbus, Ohio.

• CPFC1905
    CPFC1905 Posts: 1,950
    Foghorn said:
    Foghorn said:

Brilliant as always.  Thank you.

Ever the optimist, I am going to go with "a slight change in management has gotten the Red Devils to recognize that they are all potentially for sale and as a result they are going to perform better than they have in recent matches"  Forest 0 - ManU 2
    Clearly I was wrong.  Again.  Sigh.   ManU are as Spursy as Spurs.
    And Arsenal have gone all Spursy too!  Mayhem. 
    Other girls may try to take me away 
    But you know, it's by your side I will stay
  • FrostyEgg said:
    Firing up the egg for the first time in months and celebrating my son's 1st birthday! NYE baby, he'll always have a rocking birthday party!
    Make him some big ribs to teeth on and get him started out right.
  • Watching the Atl vs Chi game. Snowing here in IL. 
    XL BGE
    Plainfield, IL.
  • ColbyLang
    ColbyLang Posts: 3,766
    FrostyEgg said:
    Firing up the egg for the first time in months and celebrating my son's 1st birthday! NYE baby, he'll always have a rocking birthday party!
    Wish him happy birthday from another NYE baby. The whole world parties on his bday!!
  • lkapigian
    lkapigian Posts: 11,065
    Memphis @lkapigian
    The duck parade is pretty cool, stayed there a few times 
    Visalia, Ca @lkapigian
  • lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 33,599
    Martial artists are skilled at the sport of sucking up their balls as a solo deal.  Muscles at play as opposed to some incredible body contortions.  B)
    Happy 123123 and Happy New Year. 
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • Ragingirishman2
    Ragingirishman2 Posts: 418
    edited January 1
    I just watched this interesting Australia 60 Minutes video on the sale of Virginia class attack boats to Australia. 
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7GB_2qSW5b4
    XL BGE
    Plainfield, IL.
  • Canugghead
    Canugghead Posts: 11,976
    @lousubcap Happy EZIEZI back at you and Happy New Year ;)
    canuckland
  • lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 33,599
    @Ragingirishman2 - the politics at play here on all sides are driving this deal.  I get that but to pull this whole indigenous program off is incredibly challenging and difficult.  USA has been at this for over 70 years.  And the demands are ever present. 
    Never mind the USA challenge with the industrial base ramping up to produce the boats.  I have followed this deal since the opening and remain skeptical regarding anything close to the ultimate goal.
    I believe the near-term objective of cycling US and UK submarines out of HMAS Sterling (Western Australia Naval Base) just south of Perth will happen and also achieve the goal of enhanced presence in waters close to China. That's the political and defense win.
    The boats themselves and the infrastructure to build and maintain them, several orders of magnitude more challenging.
    Back bencher here but do have some inside the mooring lines perspective.
    Happy 123123 and the New Year. 

Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • JohnInCarolina
    JohnInCarolina Posts: 32,161
    Enjoying a New Year’s Eve tradition.  Hanging out at home with the family.

I like how you cropped out your Christmas tree from this shot…
    "I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    Ozzie_Isaac Posts: 20,228

Maybe your purpose in life is only to serve as an example for others? - LPL

• JohnInCarolina

• MasterC
    MasterC Posts: 1,411
    Twelve days of Christmas is not over yet
    Fort Wayne Indiana 
  • kl8ton
    kl8ton Posts: 5,629
    edited January 2
    What a game! Go blue!

Large, Medium, MiniMax, 36" Blackstone
    Grand Rapids MI
  • JohnInCarolina
    That was a great game.
  • Finished up slicing my loins into 2" steaks.  Got 27 total steaks out of the three loins.  Not bad for about $200 total.  Even grilled up the ends I sliced off to square everything up as a treat for my hard work.

I can feel the satisfaction from here. I’ve gotten into the habit of buying a few subprimals at once and doing them for the in-laws. 
  • Battleborn
    Battleborn Posts: 3,502
    Finished up slicing my loins into 2" steaks.  Got 27 total steaks out of the three loins.  Not bad for about $200 total.  Even grilled up the ends I sliced off to square everything up as a treat for my hard work.

I see you also have stock in Tostito’s pizza. My kids love those things. We usually have a few boxes like you and a giant bag of the pizza rolls. 
    Las Vegas, NV

• Ozzie_Isaac
    Ozzie_Isaac Posts: 20,228
    Finished up slicing my loins into 2" steaks.  Got 27 total steaks out of the three loins.  Not bad for about $200 total.  Even grilled up the ends I sliced off to square everything up as a treat for my hard work.

I see you also have stock in Tostito’s pizza. My kids love those things. We usually have a few boxes like you and a giant bag of the pizza rolls. 
    Believe me, there are bags of pizza rolls on the other shelves.  Kids love them and can make them quick and easy!

lkapigian said:

Had you only sliced those 1/2 thick 

Missed opportunity!

Maybe your purpose in life is only to serve as an example for others? - LPL

• kl8ton
    kl8ton Posts: 5,629

Believe me, there are bags of pizza rolls on the other shelves.  Kids love them and can make them quick and easy!

lkapigian said:

Had you only sliced those 1/2 thick 

Missed opportunity!

It's still in the realm of possibilities.
    Large, Medium, MiniMax, 36" Blackstone
    Grand Rapids MI