Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

OT - What are you doing right now?

Comments

• Botch said:
    Just realized my alma mater SDSU Jackrabbits are on ESPN right now, have a 20-0 record this year.  
    I had no idea.   :|  

Snow Shoe Baseball?
    South of Columbus, Ohio.

• Battleborn
    Battleborn Posts: 3,502
    Botch said:
    Just realized my alma mater SDSU Jackrabbits are on ESPN right now, have a 20-0 record this year.  
    I had no idea.   :|  
    They played a really good second half. The wind made the game nearly unwatchable in the first half. 

They did have warming trailers on the sideline. Not sure I’ve ever seen that before. 
    Las Vegas, NV

• Cursing the Dodgers.
    "I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike
  • ColtsFan
    ColtsFan Posts: 6,507
    Watching army/navy

~ John - https://www.instagram.com/hoosier_egger
    XL BGE, LG BGE, Med BGE, BGE Chiminea, KJ Jr, PK Original, Ardore Pizza Oven
    Bloomington, IN - Hoo Hoo Hoo Hoosiers!

• Canugghead
    Canugghead Posts: 11,978
    @GrateEggspectations that sucks, hope you're mending well.
    I got off easy ... few years before Covid life got busy and I procrastinated on getting Shingrix and paid a small price. Got this weird 'rash' on one of my ears, walk-in clinic doc prescribed some steriod based cream and sent me home, I had no pain and it went away after a week or so. Few weeks later I visited my family doc for an unrelated issue and mentioned the ear incident to her, I was told it was Shingles! Phew!
    canuckland
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    Ozzie_Isaac Posts: 20,231
    Cursing the Dodgers.
    Dodgers swooping in for the win.  Gangsters and all.

Maybe your purpose in life is only to serve as an example for others? - LPL

• Cursing the Dodgers.

Missed out, @cannughead. Just saying. 
  • CPFC1905
    CPFC1905 Posts: 1,950
    CPFC1905 said:
    Shingle is on the come-back trail over here, or maybe LL Cool J was right and I just wasn't paying attention?    
    I had my first ever jab for it a few weeks ago and have the follow up next week.  Not quite sure why I 'qualify' but it's a nice ride out in the car and a chat to a friendly lady while she does the business.  However, it did leave me with a sore arm for about 10 days.  Nothing like actually having a bout I'm sure, but why do some jabs hurt more than others?

Don't answer that, to be honest I got bored typing it.  

Glad you're on the mend @GrateEggspectations
    I won’t answer your question, but will provide some other assistance that could be helpful:

Thanks John. That how I will always know it's you, and not AI
    Other girls may try to take me away 
    But you know, it's by your side I will stay
  • Canugghead
    Canugghead Posts: 11,978
    Cursing the Dodgers.

Missed out, @cannughead. Just saying. 
    Yup, commented on this in OT land.
    canuckland
  • Foghorn
    Foghorn Posts: 10,019
    CPFC1905 said:
    Foghorn said:

In the Everton v Chelsea match, regression to the mean will trump form and Chelsea will pull it out - despite the fact that they are missing the American.  And I'm still not sold on Villa.  Every team from 5th to 10th looks at the top 4 and thinks that Villa is the one they can catch and squeeze into the Champions League.
    I see your erudition and brevity and I eschew them. 
    Whatever I have, it's definitely not "insight".  I couldn't have been more wrong on both of those.

XXL BGE, Karebecue, Klose BYC, Chargiller Akorn Kamado, Weber Smokey Mountain, Grand Turbo gasser, Weber Smoky Joe, and the wheelbarrow that my grandfather used to cook steaks from his cattle

San Antonio, TX

• @ColtsFan - awesome!
    "I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    Ozzie_Isaac Posts: 20,231
    ColtsFan said:
    Finally jumping back into dog ownership after nearly 4 years dog free. He comes home on Friday. Golden Retriever. 

Congrats on the new pup!!  He is a cutie for sure!

Maybe your purpose in life is only to serve as an example for others? - LPL

• Botch
    Botch Posts: 16,059
    Tried using my new single-serving moka pot this morning; I have an issue.

I asked my German friend if he knew the square root of 81.  He said no.  

• fishlessman
    fishlessman Posts: 33,233
    Botch said:
    Tried using my new single-serving moka pot this morning; I have an issue.

my lacanche stove top came with a trivet but you can buy a cast iron one online. this is what i have, they should have sent me 4 of them....

fukahwee maine

you can lead a fish to water but you can not make him drink it
  • ColbyLang
    ColbyLang Posts: 3,766
    Switching insurance to Mahomes MaAuto
  • dbCooper
    dbCooper Posts: 2,357
    We went out for lunch and some errand running.  Have a beagle that on occasion likes to destroy various random print material.  This was the latest Consumer Reports, pulled from a stack of periodicals, only one that was touched...
    Also found a new for me bottle to try, consumption is planned for after Christmas and before New Year...

LBGE, LBGE-PTR, 22" Weber, Coleman 413G
    Great Plains, USA
  • ColbyLang
    You won’t be disappointed in the HH BIB
  • Botch
    Botch Posts: 16,059
    dbCooper said:
    We went out for lunch and some errand running.  Have a beagle that on occasion likes to destroy various random print material.  This was the latest Consumer Reports, pulled from a stack of periodicals, only one that was touched...
    According to my neighbor's german shepards, this month's review of dog treats was utter garbage.  Somehow, they know.  

I asked my German friend if he knew the square root of 81.  He said no.  

• lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 33,601
    I am continuing to refine my TV programming/viewing for DVR only viewing.  The past several weekends of sports events ( minus those that go with no ads, soccer aka football (worldwide), F1 racing and golf to a limited extent) have compounded the impetus.  The onslaught of commercials is now over the top here.  Nothing better than the high-speed run thru the ads.
    I am already skilled at deferring news and sports commentary programs.  This does require carefully not accessing the associated internet news sites until the viewing is complete.  
    Worth a go!  Besides the total viewing time is significantly reduced.  So there's that.  FWIW-
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • CPFC1905
    CPFC1905 Posts: 1,950

It’s the middle of winter, short gloomy days meaning ceaseless Christmas adverts and music. Were that not bad enough England’s enthusiastic cricket self-destruction continues and that’s before we even get to the inexorable decline of the mighty Eagles.  Happy Friday everyone, here we go.

Tonight

Forest v Spurs, the hosts are of equal recent ineptitude to Palace while Spurs went Route 1 Spurs last weekend by beating Newcastle out of nowhere. Will the lure of moving above the mighty Eagles in the table prove irresistible for Forest?  Feels wrong on every level but I am leaning towards Spurs to bring home the points. 1-2

Saturday

Bournemouth v Luton, the Cherries are unbeaten in five and look like Brazil of the 70’s. No deviation here and 2-0 see’s the good times continue.

Chelsea v Sheff Utd, another slump is underway for the most expensively assembled squad ever while their visitors witnessed the dead cat bounce last time out. All that aside, got to be a home win even if laboured. 2-0

Man City v Palace, 3-0 and frankly it could be plenty worse.  Nothing smarts like a heroic defeat, as per last week against Liverpool for Palace -  it’s still a defeat even if they ran around a lot more and looked like they meant it.

Newcastle v Fulham, Toon are out of Europe and losing their way in the PL.  Their guests have gone goal bonkers and look like the Harlem Globetrotters,  some sort of glitch in the matrix surely.  So, 1-1

Burnley v Everton, the Dyche derby.  The Toffees have galvanised and will move further away from the naughty step with a win here.  Won’t be a soaraway multi-goal fun fest, 0-1

Sunday

Arsenal v Brighton, just as soon as they hit the top, they slipped.  The Gunners are doing it the hard way again.  The wretched filthy fetid Seagulls march on Europe and that’s an acceptable cost for their less sparkly PL form, albeit plenty comfortable enough in 8th. 1-0

Brentford v Villa,  Birmingham’s equivalent of Real Madrid (when they were good) surge forward and swatting aside the Bees’ plus benign results elsewhere could see them top. Heady and very much unpredicted days for Villa.  0-2

West Ham v Wolves, the flattest of fare. Nothing to look forward to here. 1-1

Liverpool v Man Utd, topping the PL after an extended absence the Reds will relish this encounter with their perennial rivals. One version is routine home win, the more likely version is a feisty affair with Utd suddenly becoming interested and motivated again. 3-2.

Stay strong, it’ll be January soon enough and we can all pretend the worst month of the year is better because we’ve changed one digit when writing the date. 

Other girls may try to take me away 
    But you know, it's by your side I will stay
  • Foghorn
    Foghorn Posts: 10,019
    CPFC1905 said:

It’s the middle of winter, short gloomy days meaning ceaseless Christmas adverts and music. Were that not bad enough England’s enthusiastic cricket self-destruction continues and that’s before we even get to the inexorable decline of the mighty Eagles.  Happy Friday everyone, here we go.

Tonight

Forest v Spurs, the hosts are of equal recent ineptitude to Palace while Spurs went Route 1 Spurs last weekend by beating Newcastle out of nowhere. Will the lure of moving above the mighty Eagles in the table prove irresistible for Forest?  Feels wrong on every level but I am leaning towards Spurs to bring home the points. 1-2

Saturday

Bournemouth v Luton, the Cherries are unbeaten in five and look like Brazil of the 70’s. No deviation here and 2-0 see’s the good times continue.

Chelsea v Sheff Utd, another slump is underway for the most expensively assembled squad ever while their visitors witnessed the dead cat bounce last time out. All that aside, got to be a home win even if laboured. 2-0

Man City v Palace, 3-0 and frankly it could be plenty worse.  Nothing smarts like a heroic defeat, as per last week against Liverpool for Palace -  it’s still a defeat even if they ran around a lot more and looked like they meant it.

Newcastle v Fulham, Toon are out of Europe and losing their way in the PL.  Their guests have gone goal bonkers and look like the Harlem Globetrotters,  some sort of glitch in the matrix surely.  So, 1-1

Burnley v Everton, the Dyche derby.  The Toffees have galvanised and will move further away from the naughty step with a win here.  Won’t be a soaraway multi-goal fun fest, 0-1

Sunday

Arsenal v Brighton, just as soon as they hit the top, they slipped.  The Gunners are doing it the hard way again.  The wretched filthy fetid Seagulls march on Europe and that’s an acceptable cost for their less sparkly PL form, albeit plenty comfortable enough in 8th. 1-0

Brentford v Villa,  Birmingham’s equivalent of Real Madrid (when they were good) surge forward and swatting aside the Bees’ plus benign results elsewhere could see them top. Heady and very much unpredicted days for Villa.  0-2

West Ham v Wolves, the flattest of fare. Nothing to look forward to here. 1-1

Liverpool v Man Utd, topping the PL after an extended absence the Reds will relish this encounter with their perennial rivals. One version is routine home win, the more likely version is a feisty affair with Utd suddenly becoming interested and motivated again. 3-2.

Stay strong, it’ll be January soon enough and we can all pretend the worst month of the year is better because we’ve changed one digit when writing the date. 

All I can say is "Thank you" for that.  I may actually have some time this weekend to watch some of the matches.

The fact that none of your predictions strike me as being off kilter surely means that this is your worst set of predictions ever.  :-)

XXL BGE, Karebecue, Klose BYC, Chargiller Akorn Kamado, Weber Smokey Mountain, Grand Turbo gasser, Weber Smoky Joe, and the wheelbarrow that my grandfather used to cook steaks from his cattle

San Antonio, TX

• fishlessman
    fishlessman Posts: 33,233
    edited December 2023
    ColtsFan said:
    It’s “Bring home the puppy” day. Meet Myles. 

Nice and peaceful looking, hope mine is that mellow tomorrow stuffed under a seat on the plane ride =). Bonanza year for new forum pups.
    fukahwee maine

you can lead a fish to water but you can not make him drink it
  • ColbyLang
    Ahhh, the first day home is always peaceful. Theyre tired, you’re tired. Wait til day 3-4….they get comfy and start acting like a puppy.

Myles is cute, can’t wait to see @fishlessman new addition as well. Hard to believe my 2 have been with us for a year tomorrow