Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

OT - What are you doing right now?

Comments

• lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 33,608
    @lkapigian - now that is a beautiful spread right there.  Sweet!
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • Prepping for Otto’s arrival.  He’s set to come at 10am this morning.   The cats are already in hiding…

Congratulations! My cats will stand and bang with any dog as long as I a watching lol
    South of Columbus, Ohio.

• lousubcap
    So, how did the intro go??  House still standing?? B)
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • lousubcap
    Upon first glance I thought I saw pooped his first yard ball-now that would have been quite the event.  Clearly game for chewing on anything. 
  • It sounds like he is still a chewer. A deer antler or cow/buffalo horn will help satisfy that urge. I actually bought my parents dog a chew toy that is made out of Kevlar.
  • It sounds like he is still a chewer. A deer antler or cow/buffalo horn will help satisfy that urge. I actually bought my parents dog a chew toy that is made out of Kevlar.
    We haven’t seen him really chew much inside the house, so I’m not sure about that.  He just popped this easily when he went to fetch it and carry it back.  He didn’t pop it by chewing on it, for example.  

Regardless, we absolutely do have some chew toys for him.  Kevlar seems nuts but I’ll definitely have to check that out!

Appreciate all the tips from people here.  We have a consultation with a trainer next week.  
    "I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike
  • dbCooper
    dbCooper Posts: 2,359
    @JohnInCarolina - Couple items to recommend from my experience, Kong makes durable and safe products.  https://www.kongcompany.com/  
    FURminator is a excellent desheding tool.  https://www.furminator.com/Products/deShed/Dog.aspx
    Both product lines should be in your local pet shops.
    Congrats on the new family member.  :)

LBGE, LBGE-PTR, 22" Weber, Coleman 413G
    Great Plains, USA
  • @dbCooper - thanks man.  We already have something from Kong - it's this dog food thing that's shaped like a bee hive - he has to knock it around to get the food out.  It works well to keep him entertained and it forces him to eat gradually.  It's definitely made to withstand everything he can throw at it.  I'll check out some of their other stuff.

Haven't noticed a ton of shedding just yet.  His fur is pretty short.  
  • kl8ton
    kl8ton Posts: 5,637
    At a pet store.... Disappointing all my children. We came for a snail....
    Large, Medium, MiniMax, 36" Blackstone
    Grand Rapids MI
  • lousubcap
    He!! buy 11 more and enjoy a dozen escargots. 
  • Ybabpmuts
    Ybabpmuts Posts: 962
    edited September 2023
    John. I love my toy from Kong. Wait, my toy came from Dong, different site I guess. I got something called dong in the bootie and they didn't send any dog food with it. It's just as well, there's only a tiny hole in the end of it, so I doubt I could get any dog food in there anyway.
  • kl8ton
    kl8ton Posts: 5,637

Went for a boat ride. Fishing was the intention. Water too rough in lake Michigan and too warm in the channel/rivers/inland lakes. We fished the entire time. Luckily we caught two freshwater drums for the two little kids on board to reel in. 
    Large, Medium, MiniMax, 36" Blackstone
    Grand Rapids MI
  • Looks like Duke came to play tonight. 
    Snellville, GA

I am fairly certain this ain’t gonna last but I am enjoying it while it does!
  • Legume
    Legume Posts: 15,067
    It's been an interesting first week.
    Not a felon
  • lousubcap
    @kl8ton - crystal blue water-sweet.  Exceptional day to be underway.  And a bit about that WWII submarine-
    USS Silversides (SS/AGSS-236) is a Gato-class submarine, the first ship of the United States Navy to be named for the silversides.

Silversides was one of the most successful submarines in the Pacific Theater of World War II, with 23 confirmed sinkings, totalling more than 90,000 long tons (91,444 t) of shipping. She received a Presidential Unit Citation for cumulative action over four patrols, and twelve battle stars.[8] She presently serves as a museum ship in Muskegon, Michigan, and is a National Historic Landmark.

I am fairly certain this ain’t gonna last but I am enjoying it while it does!
    It’s all over but the crying. Dukes D will keep them in a lot of games this year. 
    Snellville, GA

• This is amazing.   That stadium is going to lose its mind here pretty soon.  What a great win for these kids.
  • fishlessman
    fishlessman Posts: 33,239
    lkapigian said:
    ColtsFan said:
    ColtsFan said:
    Threw this bad boy into the dishwasher this morning.  She’s not pretty, but she’ll do!

I’m totally judging you on your choice of kosher salt there. 
    lol, what’s wrong with it?
    Always been a Diamond Crystal fan myself. Maybe there should be a “Which Kosher Salt is Best” thread. 
    Gotcha.   Yeah I’m not sure I realized there were kosher salt factions!
    Yes there is.  Diamond Crystal is like the Duke's Mayo.  I have never seen it, but I hear it has lighter flakier crystals which makes it easier to salt to taste with.

My understanding is a teaspoon of DC had las NaCl than a teaspoon of Mortons, so you are less likely to overshoot your intended flavor.
    Diamond Crystal, Meh

if you like to smoke salt, this stuff has a higher moisture content, takes on more smoke flavor than regular kosher/ seasalts. tried misting regular salt while smoking, not as good,and not as good for that rim on a bloodymary as smoked fleur de sel
    fukahwee maine

you can lead a fish to water but you can not make him drink it
  • fishlessman
    lousubcap said:
    So, how did the intro go??  House still standing?? B)
    He’s already popped his first yard ball, if that gives you any indication.

it doesnt take long for my dog to kill a toy... those big heavey beef marrow bones used for broth (not neck bones) cut about 3 inches long will entertain him for hours if not days. not vet recommended but ive not had any problems and theres neighbors dogs from all around in the yard chewing on those bones. not for inside use, one hidden behind a couch for a week....well....not so good
    fukahwee maine

• MasterC
    MasterC Posts: 1,411
    Our 2nd Bassett Maggie would hide those and bring them back months later 
    Fort Wayne Indiana 
  • fishlessman
    MasterC said:
    Our 2nd Bassett Maggie would hide those and bring them back months later 
    They need to ferment just right, or is that dry aged meat bones
    fukahwee maine

• lousubcap
    Just had quite an engagement with a 23/24 yo working a checkout register at an indoor soccer (aka swarmball) facility.  The bonus is that they sell beer for those of us in the spectator role.
    Purchased a pedestrian beer, price $3.75.  Gave the checkout girl a $20 bill.  She paused for a moment-I then said, just drop the $1.25 in the tip jar and give me $15.  She had to go to a calculator to solve that math problem.  Not so critical thinking is threatened these days. 

• Botch
    Botch Posts: 16,064
    edited September 2023
    lousubcap said:
    Just had quite an engagement with a 23/24 yo working a checkout register at an indoor soccer (aka swarmball) facility.  The bonus is that they sell beer for those of us in the spectator role.
    Purchased a pedestrian beer, price $3.75.  Gave the checkout girl a $20 bill.  She paused for a moment-I then said, just drop the $1.25 in the tip jar and give me $15.  She had to go to a calculator to solve that math problem.  Not so critical thinking is threatened these days. 

Same thing happened to me today.  My order came to $10.71.  I set down $20.75.  He slid the coins back to me and said, "No, this is enough" then began counting out a fiver, four ones, and he had to think a minute before counting out $0.29.  :anguished:  

EDIT:  That tiny animation that you may or may not see at the end of the last line above is the "Anguished" emoticon.  Don't know why its microscopic.  

I asked my German friend if he knew the square root of 81.  He said no.  

• Legume
    It's generational.  And lack of proper training.  Use of cash is a lot less common than it used to be. 
    Not a felon
  • I was making change for my newspaper subscribers back when I was 14. Of course I was educated using old math.
  • Legume
    Well, then maybe it would be good to put more money into education.
    Not a felon
  • Dobie
    Dobie Posts: 3,446
    Legume said:
    It's generational.  And lack of proper training.  Use of cash is a lot less common than it used to be. 
    This, I’m trying to remember anything I paid in cash lately 🤔
    Jacksonville FL