Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

OT - What are you doing right now?

Comments

• I had a newspaper route when I was 14 too. One time while I was delivering a paper to this one house, I saw two people in the window, with nothing on but each other, and they just kept fighting back and forth to cover each other ip in case anybody walked in I guess. After a while they got really really winded and just gave up trying, figuring they were so tired of fighting it anybody could see them naked and it wouldn't mattter
  • HeavyG
    HeavyG Posts: 10,380
    Legume said:
    It's generational.  And lack of proper training.  Use of cash is a lot less common than it used to be. 
    And use of cash is going to be a thing of the past  in not too many more years. The sooner we get rid of having to handle dirty crumpled paper and filthy coins handled by fingers that earlier may have wiped their drippy noses the better I say!
    Then leave it to all the old boomers to sit on their porch in their rocker and bore all their grandkids with "Why back in my day we had to be able to count out change and handle money folks might have just pulled out from their sweat drenched brassieres. You kids are so spoiled these days. yada yada yada..."

“Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away.” ― Philip K. Diçk

• My sister Beulah had sweat drenched brassier in the summer of 98. I still have the shirt she wore that day because .. if she's not around for me to lay across her chest, the shirt is the next best thing. Some sisters are the best.
  • Botch
    Botch Posts: 16,064
    HeavyG said:
    And use of cash is going to be a thing of the past  in not too many more years. The sooner we get rid of having to handle dirty crumpled paper and filthy coins handled by fingers that earlier may have wiped their drippy noses the better I say!
    In a way that's already happened.  I normally use a human cashier at the grocery store because they smile and are cute (and cueing in produce numbers and quantities used to be their job, not mine).  But now, with just a few items, I hit those "self-checkout" thingies and more and more of them accept CCs/AppleWallet/whatever, only.  I started using my CC a lot more during COVID, but still don't use my AppleWallet as I only carry my phone when I'm hiking or driving cross-country.  

I asked my German friend if he knew the square root of 81.  He said no.  

• I very rarely carry cash anymore. Last weekend I went downtown (in my new town) to the sidewalk bakery/cafe and there was a little girl, maybe 8 or 9 years old, outside the door when I came out. She had a bucket in her hand and was asking for donations for something. She was so damned cute and asked for a donation, but what surprised me was she gave me the sales spiel and then said ... I take venmo or just plain cash. I got such a kick out of that. Luckily I had ten dollars in my wallet, which was in there for so long I didn't even know it. It's a good thing, I wouldn't know a venmo if it bit me in the butt.
  • HeavyG
    HeavyG Posts: 10,380
    lousubcap said:
    I will offer that cash is a means to avoid any foot prints in the sand.  Be careful what you wish for...,
    I get what you're saying. However, we now live in a world with cameras (public & private) everywhere. Everyone has their cell phone which is easily tracked. Bank withdrawals/deposits are easily subpoenable. Many police departments use license plate readers (as do some private companies). Facial recognition is widely deployed. Palantir is able to pull all kinds of data together for various "three letter agencies".

It's getting tougher to anonymously buy some parking lot beef.

“Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away.” ― Philip K. Diçk

• Last time I bought parking lot beef it tasted like turkey. I think I went to the wrong parking lot. The beef guy wasn't very good with his directions to be fair.
    I could have sold it as beef with some kind of sauce but the fuzzy little misses stump is allergic to turkey and she balloons up and takes up the whole bed all night long ... and the constant wheezing... Oh dear lord the wheezing and wheezing 
  • fishlessman
    fishlessman Posts: 33,239
    Legume said:
    Well, then maybe it would be good to put more money into education.
    School near me bought seat cushions this year for the classrooms.  Maybe they have too much money
    fukahwee maine

you can lead a fish to water but you can not make him drink it
  • fishlessman
    freshman year in high school =) 1978,  no cushions.  the teacher, brother alcide aka brother alchy, would sucker punch you from the left after indulging to much southern comfort all day. you went crashing over with the desk =) be careful for that after lunch

Vintage Elementary School Desk RF

fukahwee maine

• I still use cash all the time, save my change, the whole bit. Cash is king when making large purchases too, definitely will get you extras when paying for service.
    South of Columbus, Ohio.

• MasterC
    MasterC Posts: 1,411
    I gave a Kennedy half dollar at the drive in window and the cashier said they didn't except Canadian money 
    Fort Wayne Indiana 
  • fishlessman
    i stopped using cash when they stopped giving back change during covid. the new hampshire toll would take a 20 for a 2 dollar toll and keep the 18 bucks worth of change.......
    fukahwee maine

• Legume said:
    School near me bought seat cushions this year for the classrooms.  Maybe they have too much money
    Kids shouldn’t be comfortable in school.  I sat in a wooden desk and was assaulted by alcoholic teachers, but look at how I turned out.  
  • Legume
    Legume Posts: 15,067
    "it was good enough for me 60 years ago"
    Not a felon
  • fishlessman
    Legume said:
    Kids shouldn’t be comfortable in school.  I sat in a wooden desk and was assaulted by alcoholic teachers, but look at how I turned out.  

im perfectly fine with first graders pissing in their seats on cushions,  its a job opportunity for you to clean them  after all. everyone should have a job they can handle and be proud of. snot catcher, bed bugs, soaked in urine, what could go wrong in a grammar school.
    fukahwee maine

• Legume said:

im perfectly fine with first graders pissing in their seats on cushions,  its a job opportunity for you to clean them  after all. everyone should have a job they can handle and be proud of. snot catcher, bed bugs, soaked in urine, what could go wrong in a grammar school.
    When it comes to what can go wrong in grammar school, I am patient zero.
  • lkapigian
    lkapigian Posts: 11,066
    freshman year in high school =) 1978,  no cushions.  the teacher, brother alcide aka brother alchy, would sucker punch you from the left after indulging to much southern comfort all day. you went crashing over with the desk =) be careful for that after lunch

I have a couple of these still that I snagged at a customers house
    Visalia, Ca @lkapigian
  • fishlessman
    lkapigian said:

I have a couple of these still that I snagged at a customers house

those things would be a lawsuit nowadays......

mr patient zero, the whisperer, picked one up when the covid bidets became popular
    fukahwee maine

• lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 33,606
    Here's a shameless plug for this OT forum thread as you will get to read posts that are very applicable to today (and tomorrow):

Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • Just left the pub downtown. When the bartender asked if I was done ... this is what my stupid brain came out with .

Bartender ... "You're done paul?"

Me. Yeah, to be honest I feel a burl in my pants. This morning I ran through a field of wildflowers naked and at first it was great, it was wildflowers across the bum wildflowers across the bum wildflowers across the bum but then I hit one burl ...
  • A burl is a tree knot @Ybabpmuts
    South of Columbus, Ohio.

• Burr. Fat fingers
  • fishlessman
    A burl is a tree knot @Ybabpmuts

you can remove a burr, a burl could cause some serious damage. not sure what really went on in stumps head at last call ;)
    fukahwee maine

• nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    Testing the sharpness of my pocket knife.  Check.
    Testing the sharpness of my pocket knife.  Check.

sharpen....check.....repeat
    fukahwee maine

• Testing the sharpness of my pocket knife.  Check.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VfggghQENsU
    "I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike