Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

OT - What are you doing right now?

Comments

• lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 33,482
    Quality time right there.  Good that you are able to enjoy your passion with your father. Nice fish!
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • SGH
    SGH Posts: 28,810

just got a bunch of pics from a trip a few weeks back. no need to post mine but heres dad with a nice one. turned 80 last year

Awesome picture 👍
    One thing that really stands out to me is your dad has his finger directly on the anus. A very wise man in my book. He knows the deal 👍

Location- Just "this side" of Biloxi, Ms.

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

• Ybabpmuts
    Ybabpmuts Posts: 962
    A fishes anus is no joke. My momma dries out fish anus' and hangs em on the line, and the ones she doesn't eat before they're all dried out, we sell as clam necks down in the square. When people question why our clam necks are different we tell them we cut them closer to the clam. You can't tell them they're the fish anus' momma didn't eat while they were drying...

• Legume
    Legume Posts: 15,015
    Ybabpmuts said:
    A fishes anus is no joke. My momma dries out fish anus' and hangs em on the line, and the ones she doesn't eat before they're all dried out, we sell as clam necks down in the square. When people question why our clam necks are different we tell them we cut them closer to the clam. You can't tell them they're the fish anus' momma didn't eat while they were drying...

just how old is your mom now?
    Not a felon
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    Ozzie_Isaac Posts: 20,124
    Legume said:
    Ybabpmuts said:

just how old is your mom now?
    22 years older than she was in July of 2001.

It is possible to commit no mistakes and still lose. - Captain Jean-Luc Packard

• Ybabpmuts
    She's old and things have been drooping on her lately. When she sits down her boobs keep the tops of her shoes from getting dusty. I think as you age, it must get harder and harder to dust your shoes, so mother nature has a way of making it easier. Of course, she complains that her socks smell like boob sweat but life isn't perfect, you can't expect to have dustless shoes AND socks that don't smell like boob sweat. To be fair, her boobs always smelled like socks to me when we snuggled anyway, Also, she has the shortest bed I've ever seen, so I just assumed she slept with her legs bent and her feet tucked up under her boobs. I always worried that this would expose her bumhole to the dry air for too long, but Lord knows what too long even means when it comes to exposed bumholes. It would all have to depend on the original dryness of the bumholes itself, if it was just tacky, well then it probably has a shorter time before it dries out, but if it was more moist at the start, say like you had just lightly run through a carnival bum mister, well that bumhole could take a lot longer to dry out. It's the whole reason the bum mister even exists in the first place. I will say this though, her axe wound is starting to smell a little bit like deli turkey and I don't have the heart to tell her, not after she was so mad about her boobs smelling like socks.
  • JohnInCarolina
    JohnInCarolina Posts: 31,974
    Ybabpmuts said:
    She's old and things have been drooping on her lately. When she sits down her boobs keep the tops of her shoes from getting dusty. I think as you age, it must get harder and harder to dust your shoes, so mother nature has a way of making it easier. Of course, she complains that her socks smell like boob sweat but life isn't perfect, you can't expect to have dustless shoes AND socks that don't smell like boob sweat. To be fair, her boobs always smelled like socks to me when we snuggled anyway, Also, she has the shortest bed I've ever seen, so I just assumed she slept with her legs bent and her feet tucked up under her boobs. I always worried that this would expose her bumhole to the dry air for too long, but Lord knows what too long even means when it comes to exposed bumholes. It would all have to depend on the original dryness of the bumholes itself, if it was just tacky, well then it probably has a shorter time before it dries out, but if it was more moist at the start, say like you had just lightly run through a carnival bum mister, well that bumhole could take a lot longer to dry out. It's the whole reason the bum mister even exists in the first place. I will say this though, her axe wound is starting to smell a little bit like deli turkey and I don't have the heart to tell her, not after she was so mad about her boobs smelling like socks.
    How did she get the axe wound?
    "I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike
  • Ybabpmuts
    She was born with it. I'm guessing it must be ugly like her face, so she grew a beard around that too. I only saw it once down at the creek. It looked like a cross between a razor clam and an early vertical toilet brush. My sister Beulah has one too, I think it must be hereditary or something. Beulah took a long time to grow her beard around here, so I'm thinking maybe it took her longer to decide if it was ugly or not. I saw her sit on a glass pie dish once and I knew right then that she should start her beard growing. 
  • JohnInCarolina
    Saw this in a store, and thought to tag @SGH

• Dyal_SC
    Dyal_SC Posts: 6,224
    Saw this on the way home and thought of @nolaegghead for some reason. 

• lkapigian
    lkapigian Posts: 11,030
    Least amount of Tritip I’ve cooked in a few years 

Visalia, Ca @lkapigian
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    Ozzie_Isaac Posts: 20,124
    Boiling water outside.  Don't want to pay electric man to add BTUs and then to take away the BTUs.

It is possible to commit no mistakes and still lose. - Captain Jean-Luc Packard

• bubbajack
    bubbajack Posts: 1,129
    Saw this in a store, and thought to tag @SGH

Funny Sh!t , Pun intended!
    I drink cheap beer so I can afford good bourbon.

Salisbury, NC...... XL,Lx3,Mx2,S, MM, Mini BGE, FireDisc x2. Blackstone 22", Offset smoker, weber kettle 22"

• Battleborn
    Battleborn Posts: 3,490
    Ran by the store to grab some BBQ sauce for some pulled chicken sandwiches. Saw this. Didn’t get it, but has anyone had it?  

Las Vegas, NV

• @JohnInCarolina

I had the Professor Phardtpounder’s Colon Cleanser many years back. Don’t remember what it tasted like, nor whether I felt the effects of the cleanse. That name, however, is hard to forget. 
  • JohnInCarolina
    A friend shared this today and it made me think to tag @SGH again.

• fishlessman
    fishlessman Posts: 33,191
    ct scan on the lungs yesterday, lungs ok, gallbladder not so much, gallbladder gets an ultrasound tuesday

fukahwee maine

you can lead a fish to water but you can not make him drink it
  • billt01
    billt01 Posts: 1,629
    edited July 2023
    WeberWho said:
    We ended up lifting out 6 cement footings this afternoon from the deck demo. A combination of a shovel, power washer, and a utility tractor helped remove these heavy SOB's. My back is feeling it!

Contractor - " How many yards of concrete would you like to pour for your footings?"

Homeowner - " I don't know but my lucky number is 300...lets do 300".
    Have:
     XLBGE / Stumps Baby XL / Couple of Stokers (Gen 1 and Gen 3) / Blackstone 36 / Maxey 3x5 water pan hog cooker
    Had:
    LBGE / Lang 60D / Cookshack SM150 / Stumps Stretch / Stumps Baby

Fat Willies BBQ
    Ola, Ga

• fishlessman
    billt01 said:
    WeberWho said:
    We ended up lifting out 6 cement footings this afternoon from the deck demo. A combination of a shovel, power washer, and a utility tractor helped remove these heavy SOB's. My back is feeling it!

Contractor - " How many yards of concrete would you like to pour for your footings?"

Homeowner - " I don't know but my lucky number is 300...lets do 300".

that really is a massive footing for a deck.  but then again the state here wants a full foundation now 3.5 feet down under the frost line for a covered deck
    fukahwee maine

• alaskanassasin
    alaskanassasin Posts: 8,063
    ct scan on the lungs yesterday, lungs ok, gallbladder not so much, gallbladder gets an ultrasound tuesday

I thought for sure they would have found a Panther Martin, Mepps or something, cast master…
    South of Columbus, Ohio.

• fishlessman

I thought for sure they would have found a Panther Martin, Mepps or something, cast master…

thats why i dont do MRI's. first my eyes would start bleeding, then my chest would explode.......
    fukahwee maine

• Ran by the store to grab some BBQ sauce for some pulled chicken sandwiches. Saw this. Didn’t get it, but has anyone had it?  

I like it.  Haven't tried the Spicy flavor.  Really enjoy the Vinegar based sauce if you can get it.  Goes great on pulled pork and chicken as well.
    Midland, TX XLBGE
  • fishlessman
    Ran by the store to grab some BBQ sauce for some pulled chicken sandwiches. Saw this. Didn’t get it, but has anyone had it?  

what does one put vegan bbq sauce on.....
    fukahwee maine

• lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 33,482
    I've heard vegan bbq sauce is perfect for vegan leather burgers... B)
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • fishlessman
    lousubcap said:
    I've heard vegan bbq sauce is perfect for vegan leather burgers... B)

maybe bmw vegan seats will come with that bbq sauce color for touchups
    fukahwee maine

• ColbyLang
    ColbyLang Posts: 3,754
    Makin hay while the sun is shining!