Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

OT - What are you doing right now?

Comments

• kl8ton
    kl8ton Posts: 5,597

WTH!?!? Aren't there supposed to be 13 year old kids throwing and stacking?
    Large, Medium, MiniMax, 36" Blackstone
    Grand Rapids MI
  • alaskanassasin
    alaskanassasin Posts: 8,063
    kl8ton said:

WTH!?!? Aren't there supposed to be 13 year old kids throwing and stacking?
    I can’t even get them to drive tractor 
    South of Columbus, Ohio.

• alaskanassasin
    I should be planting but instead I am helping the straw guys. Whatever it takes to get this stuff out of my way.
    South of Columbus, Ohio.

• alaskanassasin
    I could be auto steer and Netflix right now, but someone did not show up for work. I’m dogging the sheet out of this baler lol
    South of Columbus, Ohio.

• lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 33,482
    Way to see it thru and take advantage of the window of opportunity.  Congrats.
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • DuckDogDr
    DuckDogDr Posts: 1,549
    Laughing at my radiologists report . Looking for kidney stones which they found.

Incidentally patients spinal column exhibits severe degenerative joint disease at all levels. Patient should consider MRI ASAP.

I was like Yeap.. already had back surgery. Neurosurgeon told me ten years ago I had the back of a 70 year old man when I was 28
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    Ozzie_Isaac Posts: 20,124
    DuckDogDr said:
    Laughing at my radiologists report . Looking for kidney stones which they found.

Incidentally patients spinal column exhibits severe degenerative joint disease at all levels. Patient should consider MRI ASAP.

I was like Yeap.. already had back surgery. Neurosurgeon told me ten years ago I had the back of a 70 year old man when I was 28
    Damn, that is harsh.  Hopefully you can at least keep it from getting worse.

It is possible to commit no mistakes and still lose. - Captain Jean-Luc Packard

• WeberWho
    WeberWho Posts: 11,208
    Subliminally thanking the guy who flashed his headlights at me for the speed trap down a very quiet 2 mile road that doesn't see much traffic on the way to work. I caught myself going 46-47 in the 30 mph zone two days earlier. (Very easy to do 40 mph as you'll be following or be followed doing anything slower.) 

@Battleborn I'm curious as it probably varies from state to state but are you able to park in a residential driveway for speed traps? I believe they were backed into a private gated entrance. I'm curious how that would work in court? I don't think I've ever seen that before. I would think it would need to be on a public road/easement but only an assumption on my end. 
    "The pig is an amazing animal. You feed a pig an apple and it makes bacon. Let's see Michael Phelps do that" - Jim Gaffigan

Minnesota
  • MasterC
    MasterC Posts: 1,411
    Trimmed, slathered in better than bullion, seasoned with salt,  pepper and garlic powder 
    Then placed in the bge at 300°
    Now waiting patiently 
    Fort Wayne Indiana 
  • lousubcap
    kl8ton said:
    Just picked up my wallet from a Good Samaritan that found it.  They called my bank and my bank gave me their information.  
    Good to read that as the great majority of people out there want to do the right thing.  But that doesn't put eye balls on the screen. 
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • FrostyEgg
    FrostyEgg Posts: 601
    Beef ribs are one of my very favorite pieces of BBQ. Following for the finish!
  • WeberWho
    edited July 2023
    WeberWho said:
    Subliminally thanking the guy who flashed his headlights at me for the speed trap down a very quiet 2 mile road that doesn't see much traffic on the way to work. I caught myself going 46-47 in the 30 mph zone two days earlier. (Very easy to do 40 mph as you'll be following or be followed doing anything slower.) 

@Battleborn I'm curious as it probably varies from state to state but are you able to park in a residential driveway for speed traps? I believe they were backed into a private gated entrance. I'm curious how that would work in court? I don't think I've ever seen that before. I would think it would need to be on a public road/easement but only an assumption on my end. 
    I guess it varies from state to state. It sounds like they should ask the homeowner permission prior to them setting up but not required. If on the homeowners property the homeowner can ask them to leave and they will lawfully have to follow order. It's gets into public /private easements and such if you really break it down. I follow a YouTube channel called, Long Island Audit and the guy who runs the channel does audits on government officals. I've learned a ton about what is legal/illegal through his channel and was curious how it works with citations from a private establishment. I think I found my answer. Thanks!
    "The pig is an amazing animal. You feed a pig an apple and it makes bacon. Let's see Michael Phelps do that" - Jim Gaffigan

Minnesota
  • MasterC
    About two and a half hours it hit 164°. Wrapped in foil and lower temp about 275°

The little bit of fat left on were melting into pools 
    Fort Wayne Indiana 
  • lousubcap
    Drooling, waiting for the finish-line.  Good lookin plate ribs right there. 
  • MasterC
    Just pulled, probed like butta. Left wrapped, wrapped again with foil then towel and placed in the cooler until dinner for the finish. 

Sorry I wrapped before photo but will take a picture before cutting.
    Fort Wayne Indiana 
  • DuckDogDr
    DuckDogDr Posts: 1,549
    @Ozzie_Isaac

the only way to slow it is we get in the Star Trek era and I get a bionic spine 
  • lousubcap
    Almost there-$$$$?
  • lousubcap
    Every picture tells a story (Rod Stewart) and so it is with the $$$$ shot.  No words needed.
  • MasterC
    Thanks cap
    Fort Wayne Indiana 
  • MasterC
    Sliced one up for Mrs.C and I became uncivilized, according to her, and attacked the bone.
    Fort Wayne Indiana 
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    WeberWho said:
    WeberWho said:

I guess it varies from state to state. It sounds like they should ask the homeowner permission prior to them setting up but not required. If on the homeowners property the homeowner can ask them to leave and they will lawfully have to follow order. It's gets into public /private easements and such if you really break it down. I follow a YouTube channel called, Long Island Audit and the guy who runs the channel does audits on government officals. I've learned a ton about what is legal/illegal through his channel and was curious how it works with citations from a private establishment. I think I found my answer. Thanks!
    I would let them park in my driveway without issue.  I also let the garbage man park on my property so he can sit somewhere quiet while he eats his lunch.  People doing good public works don't bother me at all, and I am glad they are out there doing it.

• Ozzie_Isaac
    DuckDogDr said:
    @Ozzie_Isaac

the only way to slow it is we get in the Star Trek era and I get a bionic spine 
    Oof, that is rough.  Is it genetic?

• lousubcap
    Brisket on a stick right there.  Congrats @MasterC as that is a true high $$$$ shot and eats right there.  Nailed the best version of brisket on a stick.
  • WeberWho
    edited July 2023
    WeberWho said:
    WeberWho said:

I would let them park in my driveway without issue.  I also let the garbage man park on my property so he can sit somewhere quiet while he eats his lunch.  People doing good public works don't bother me at all, and I am glad they are out there doing it.
    I 100% agree. I received a hand written letter from our mail carrier thanking us when we upgraded to an oversize mailbox for packages. It saves him a trip to the door and the earlier he gets home to see his family. If we all would be a little more considerate to one another we'd be much better off! It's the simple little things that can make a big impact in everyday life!

Minnesota
  • Botch
    Botch Posts: 15,998
    I know a boneless brisket shrinks an equal amount, but seeing, right in front of you, that stark reminder of a rib bone being twice as long as the finished beef, makes me a bit sad.   :|

Curry smells a hell of a lot better than a Big Mac, just sayin'