Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

OT - What are you doing right now?

Comments

• Canugghead
    Canugghead Posts: 11,945
    edited July 2023
    Ring camera comes in handy...

Funny you should say that. Last week, I installed a Nest camera in the backyard and made darn sure the camera angle caught both Eggs and the Napoleon gasser. Great minds. 
    Good luck focusing on the thermo reading on both eggs, one is hard enough, sold my Large few weeks ago.
    canuckland
  • lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 33,480
    And a podium finish.  Congrats. 
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • Ring camera comes in handy...

Funny you should say that. Last week, I installed a Nest camera in the backyard and made darn sure the camera angle caught both Eggs and the Napoleon gasser. Great minds. 
    Good luck focusing on the thermo reading on both eggs, one is hard enough, sold my Large few weeks ago.
    Even though I never leave home when the Eggs are lit, the viewing angle is purely to ensure the deck is not on fire. 
  • Canugghead
    @GrateEggspectations that's the main reason we're afraid to get a deck although we would like one.
    canuckland
  • @GrateEggspectations that's the main reason we're afraid to get a deck although we would like one.
    For what it’s worth, my partner and I often talk about replacing the deck with patio stone. Why? The lower we are, the more privacy. 
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    Ozzie_Isaac Posts: 20,122
    lkapigian said:
    lkapigian said:
    Tritip and Ribs today no pics of the cook, 26 racks a dozen Tritip , sausage Mac and cheese 

Michael Jordan rolling in to the local 3-on-3 tourney!!  

Well done, that plate looks amazing! 🤩

It is possible to commit no mistakes and still lose. - Captain Jean-Luc Packard

• Gulfcoastguy
    Gulfcoastguy Posts: 6,604
    @GrateEggspectations that's the main reason we're afraid to get a deck although we would like one.
    For what it’s worth, my partner and I often talk about replacing the deck with patio stone. Why? The lower we are, the more privacy. 
    When possible I will do the same thing for a different reason. My house foundation is really too low for the deck that was installed. It is inches above the dirt and thus rotting away regardless of sealing the top. Some people don’t think, a simple concrete patio would still be useful.
  • JohnInCarolina
    JohnInCarolina Posts: 31,974
    Headed out for a date night with my better half.  Dinner and a show at the local theater.  
    update

"I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike
  • @GrateEggspectations that's the main reason we're afraid to get a deck although we would like one.
    When possible I will do the same thing for a different reason. My house foundation is really too low for the deck that was installed. It is inches above the dirt and thus rotting away regardless of sealing the top. Some people don’t think, a simple concrete patio would still be useful.
    Our front stone walkway is almost 70 years old with no shifting and no maintenance required. Love it. 
  • Canugghead
    It appears your neighbour's deck overlooks your deck? If so, getting rid of the deck may not be the answer, you need to build a privacy screen or let the hedge grow taller?
    canuckland
  • alaskanassasin
    alaskanassasin Posts: 8,063
    Nice @lkapigian!
    South of Columbus, Ohio.

• alaskanassasin
    alaskanassasin Posts: 8,063
    @kl8ton I saw Betsy Devos’s yacht roll past that light house.
    South of Columbus, Ohio.

• kl8ton
    kl8ton Posts: 5,597
    edited July 2023
    @kl8ton I saw Betsy Devos’s yacht roll past that light house.
    Yeah, I think that one stays in FL mostly.  They do have a boat up here that has been here for quite some time.  It is large.  I see these freighters move 10x more than their boat.  The Van Andel and DeVos family have boats here.  I think Jay VanAndel comes and goes in a chopper every day.  His morning commute does not involve cars.

Edit: Dave VanAndel  - it is his house you see in the freighter pic.  It features an underground parking garage that takes up 50 percent of the footprint.  But he takes a chopper most days.  We are camping across the channel.  The copper comes and gets him in the morning and returns him in the evening.  
    Large, Medium, MiniMax, 36" Blackstone
    Grand Rapids MI
  • lousubcap
    You high rollers.  Time to drop the curtain... B)
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • CPFC1905
    CPFC1905 Posts: 1,945
    Hello my fine friends, less than month until we regain normalcy.
    12 August is both my wedding anniversary, assuming current status and condition prevails a further month - over which I have little authority, and moreover the football (because they use their foot and it is a ball) season returns.

Some minor points of administration,  happy birthday to USA recently.  Nice to see the young upcoming nations quietly getting on with business.
    Is it true that you drive on the wrong side and struggle by with negligible 3% inflation?  We, here, strongly believe that real inflation starts at double digits. Who needs food afetrall?

Tangential to point #1 above, SWMBO has early gifted me a fully authorised (no 'z' in there, according to the Queen King) cover for the Large.  
    Until now I have repurposed other covers and tarps. This event is another milestone in the complex relationship between SWMBO and my girlfriend (the Large), as it is described by SWMBO.  
    The ongoing jealousy fuelled situationship is the stuff of myriad paperbacks and complicated things I don't understand called 'emotions' whatever they are, or if they even exist. 

Anyhoo - I now have to summon the courage to see whether I have procured the correct size and shape.    Inaccuracy, though - would have its upside as I can return to the local dealer, an absolute crucible of BGE goodness in Diss.  You all probably have several unclaimed cousins in the area, too - the town being set deep amongst the USAF airbases of WW2.

Other girls may try to take me away 
    But you know, it's by your side I will stay
  • lousubcap
    edited July 2023
    @CPFC1905 - glad you have surfaced. Entertaining read above.  Regarding covers, nice gesture but those of us on this side of the pond (at least me) find one to not be necessary. 
    Getting along here despite the clown show nature of the political scene.
    Edit to throttle back on the political rhetoric. 
  • JohnInCarolina
    The show we caught last night:

Definitely recommend if you’re a fan of the show, or even if you’re not.  Four comics doing stand up sets, plus a Q&A at the end.
  • @Canugghead

Yes. When we first moved in, they began the deck build. It sits easily 3-4 feet off the ground. We planted those cedars the first year we moved here and they’re really taking off. We absolutely love the neighbours, but we’re also big on privacy, so we’re looking forward to the hedge growing in. 
  • Dobie
    Dobie Posts: 3,446
    Great shot Ozzie.
    We live on a small preserve with a healthy population of owls and they are always cool to see. We get the hawks occasionally but never both at the same time 😎
    Jacksonville FL
  • JohnInCarolina
    At the airport.  Quick trip up to DC to do some work for Uncle Sam.
  • lousubcap

Break out the Audi and road trip it.  Gotta be dang near as quick as flying with the airport security/check in delays these days.  B)
  • kl8ton
    kl8ton Posts: 5,597
    lousubcap said:

Break out the Audi and road trip it.  Gotta be dang near as quick as flying with the airport security/check in delays these days.  B)
    If you road trip it, you can't connect in the ATL.
    Large, Medium, MiniMax, 36" Blackstone
    Grand Rapids MI
  • JohnInCarolina
    kl8ton said:
    lousubcap said:

Haha, it’s a direct flight to DC.

I used to road trip it, Frank.  It’s about 4 hrs door to door.  But the traffic can be terrible and at least I can get some work done on a plane.  Or browse the forum ;)
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    Ozzie_Isaac Posts: 20,122
    kl8ton said:
    lousubcap said:

Haha, it’s a direct flight to DC.

I used to road trip it, Frank.  It’s about 4 hrs door to door.  But the traffic can be terrible and at least I can get some work done on a plane.  Or browse the forum ;)
    Only if you have a laptop.  Mobile is still broken.

It is possible to commit no mistakes and still lose. - Captain Jean-Luc Packard

• Canugghead
    Watching the Hawk & Owl summit.

Serious question, are those birds real?  :)
    canuckland