Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

OT - What are you doing right now?

Comments

• Canugghead
    Canugghead Posts: 11,945
    tall geek short changed himself for almost three decades, go figure  ;)
    canuckland
  • @Botch

I like the Ego line. Bought one of their mowers a few years back and have been happy. Currently have my eye on their most powerful leaf blower.

That said, every time I use the mower, I can’t help but equate “Ego” with an inflated self of oneself, built entirely from mounds of green turf and freshly manicured landscapes. 
  • DuckDogDr
    DuckDogDr Posts: 1,549
    edited July 2023
    Cussing the last person that left. I know it’s bad to generalize but 90% of human nurses that come in a veterinary ER are terrible clients. I feel like they have to have someone to take their skit out on and just show up. Wasn’t even her dog… her dog attacked the one being examined…
    discussed he needs to see an ortho due to amount of fractures and needs to be sedated with an anesthesiologist due to his underlying heart disease…

Her immediate response …”ooh you could tell he had a bad heart aren’t you special”
    if the actual owners hadn’t been nice as could be. I would have told her to hit the F’n road.
    jokes on her cuz she’s on the hook for about 6k worth of fracture repairs from her Pittie.

Me and my colleagues (at an all three clinics I work at) are at the point now  if there is ANY sideways lip find another place to be seen. Tired of hearing it when all were trying to do is provide the care expected and pets deserve.
  • lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 33,479
    Back home.  Quick turnaround then headed out to NM tomorrow for a week plus.

Safe travels.  Enjoy playing with the true Big Boy toys.  The ultimate hammer that hopefully never again get unleashed.
    Perfect place/timing for Oppenheimer. 
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • Dobie
    Dobie Posts: 3,446
    edited July 2023
    Been running the EGO stuff a couple years now, mower, blower, string trimmer, edger and two different hedge trimmers. I’m satisfied for my needs, less noise and no gas can fills. 
    Jacksonville FL
  • Gulfcoastguy
    Gulfcoastguy Posts: 6,604
    Been using an Ego lawn mower for 3 seasons now. Considering the string trimmer but I hate reloading string.
  • Ybabpmuts
    Ybabpmuts Posts: 961
    Craftsman had weird and often non intuitive designs. I once bought a Craftsman camping stool with a bucket underneath. It was a puzzle for two days, until I sat on it for Taco Tuesday and then 20 minutes later it all made sense to me. I s'pose it all depends where you buy your camping stools, buy of I can give you any advice, don't get them on Taco Tuesday because then you won't need the bucket underneath, so they'd be so much lighter. Just sayin
  • Botch
    Botch Posts: 15,998
    Been using an Ego lawn mower for 3 seasons now. Considering the string trimmer but I hate reloading string.
    Reloading my old Craftsman string trimmer was no issue at all, it's the dispensing of the string that didn't work/was driving me crazy.  
    My new trimmer just requires inserting a 15' line into one hole, it comes out the other (don't have to line up any arrows) and then cranking the knob until the bobbin is full (the newer, more expensive E-Gos you just press a button, but that's $60 more and one more thing to break).  

Curry smells a hell of a lot better than a Big Mac, just sayin'  

• Ybabpmuts
    I'm wondering at what point these streaming services slipped in these "free" channel choices with a gazillion commercials Like Tubi and freeeve etc. It's evil, one minute you're searching on a major streaming service like nippleflix, next thing you know you're watching something with like twenty commercials. When did that start? It's sneaky as **** marketing nonsensical ****. I already pay extra for multiple channels to not show me commercials, so why would they think they can surreptitiously insert these "free" channels in the search results?

Capitalism at its best. We're all buying into it like lemmings, which makes no sense to me because lemmings have no money, and even if they did, they couldn't get to it because they were always packed so tight in those tins that it wouldn't even matter. Of course there's no way to tell if the lemmings got to the money and went to the brothel and spent it all before being tinned. I will say this though, I've inspected these lemmings, and all the lemmings had the same stupid dry eyed look on their greasy little faces, and you'd think if at least one of them paid for fish based sex from.a professsional, it would show on one of their faces. I 'm not an expert but I'll tell you this I'll never forget the look on the face of the first lemming I had and we didn't even exchange money. Looking back, the whole thing was a little fishy.
  • fishlessman
    fishlessman Posts: 33,191
    @Botch

I like the Ego line. Bought one of their mowers a few years back and have been happy. Currently have my eye on their most powerful leaf blower.

That said, every time I use the mower, I can’t help but equate “Ego” with an inflated self of oneself, built entirely from mounds of green turf and freshly manicured landscapes. 

have the leaf blower, use it alot on the patio, docks and boats. definitely doesnt last long enough for the yard on a charge with one battery and you learn quickly not to use it on the highest level for long. live in a pine forest with needles dropping with the slightest breeze, comes in handy
    fukahwee maine

you can lead a fish to water but you can not make him drink it
  • Dobie
    Dobie Posts: 3,446
    @Botch

have the leaf blower, use it alot on the patio, docks and boats. definitely doesnt last long enough for the yard on a charge with one battery and you learn quickly not to use it on the highest level for long. live in a pine forest with needles dropping with the slightest breeze, comes in handy
    Yeah the blowers can drain the smaller batteries in 15 minutes using the turbo button. Multiple batteries help and since all batteries fit all tools I have a few. You can use the larger battery from the mower if needed but adds significant weight. 
    Jacksonville FL
  • fishlessman
    fishlessman Posts: 33,191
    Dobie said:
    @Botch

Yeah the blowers can drain the smaller batteries in 15 minutes using the turbo button. Multiple batteries help and since all batteries fit all tools I have a few. You can use the larger battery from the mower if needed but adds significant weight. 

it definitely has its place but will not replace a backpack gas blower on big projects. convenience is a big plus on smaller projects
    fukahwee maine

you can lead a fish to water but you can not make him drink it
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    Ozzie_Isaac Posts: 20,122
    edited July 2023
    Watching the remnants of a hurricane

It is possible to commit no mistakes and still lose. - Captain Jean-Luc Packard

• @Botch

I never would have considered purchasing a leaf blower and truthfully, I don’t really use it for leaves - only because I hadn’t anticipated how useful it would be. My B-I-L gifted me a second Ryobi leaf blower he had in waiting and I find it’s great for either cleaning up debris after cutting the lawn or clearing off walkways and decks, usually in anticipation of hosting. Great years tool to have in the arsenal. 
  • Ozzie_Isaac

• Battleborn
    Battleborn Posts: 3,490
    Nothing like wrestling around with a 90 pound tweaker chick in 112 degrees. 

Las Vegas, NV

• alaskanassasin
    alaskanassasin Posts: 8,063

no comment

South of Columbus, Ohio.

• Nothing like wrestling around with a 90 pound tweaker chick in 112 degrees. 

Better than wrestling a 180 pound tweaker chick in those temps, I suppose. 

Beer looks great. 
  • alaskanassasin
    alaskanassasin Posts: 8,063

I never made it past the Big Island. When I lived in Alaska it was not such a stretch to get there. But now from the midwest, Florida or the Virgin Islands makes more sense.
    South of Columbus, Ohio.

• lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 33,479

Livin the life right there @Ozzie_Isaac.  How long are you getting to enjoy Maui and any other island stops? 
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • poster
    poster Posts: 1,200

https://youtu.be/A2EUETDiLEI

Reminds me of this song 
  • Battleborn
    Battleborn Posts: 3,490

Better than wrestling a 180 pound tweaker chick in those temps, I suppose. 

Beer looks great. 
    For me, to be honest, I would rather have someone more “substantial” to deal with. Any force used with a small heroin addict looks excessive. I decided to pin her against the car and wait for some friends to come. She was slippery and gross. 

Beer is delicious. 

poster said:

https://youtu.be/A2EUETDiLEI

Reminds me of this song 
    That’s a great song I’ve never heard before. I’ll have to check more out. 
    Las Vegas, NV

• Ozzie_Isaac
    edited July 2023
    lousubcap said:

Livin the life right there @Ozzie_Isaac.  How long are you getting to enjoy Maui and any other island stops? 
    6 days, and not living right, just being lucky!  No plans for other islands, although would like to go see Pearl Harbor.

• Ybabpmuts
    This is what I learned today. I'd you fontona Chinese restaurant for lunch early, stay late,vand have maybe one too many drinks. Never ask the waiter for short egg rolls because you have a gag reflex. 
  • ColtsFan
    ColtsFan Posts: 6,493

~ John - https://www.instagram.com/hoosier_egger
    XL BGE, LG BGE, KJ Jr, PK Original, Ardore Pizza Oven, King Disc 
    Bloomington, IN - Hoo Hoo Hoo Hoosiers!

• Ybabpmuts
    I'm at a Chinese restaurant and I just asked the bartender for an order of egg rolls. I asked him for the shirts one because of my gag reflex. Sometimes people look at me so strangely 
  • Gulfcoastguy
    Gulfcoastguy Posts: 6,604
    Going to check the price of an Ego string trimmer.
  • kl8ton
    kl8ton Posts: 5,597
      Watching softball games.  Four kids playing right now. I can roam around and watch four different games.
    Large, Medium, MiniMax, 36" Blackstone
    Grand Rapids MI
  • kl8ton
    kl8ton Posts: 5,597
    I do have some founders breakfast stout to keep me hydrated 
    Large, Medium, MiniMax, 36" Blackstone
    Grand Rapids MI