Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

OT - What are you doing right now?

Comments

• ColbyLang
    ColbyLang Posts: 3,754
    @Ozzie_Isaac, sorry to read about your horse. It’s never easy with domesticated animals. 
  • TEXASBGE2018
    TEXASBGE2018 Posts: 3,831
    edited July 2023
    Neighbor came to me, he's currently the homeowner rep on the HOA board, he's got some health issues and may resign. Asked me if I wanted to take his place. Really debating on this cause part of me wants to bring down the mighty hammer of Thor on a bunch of these idiots that live in my neighborhood. But I know this position has to be somewhat diplomatic so I'm conflicted. I figured this would happen eventually, Im one of the few people that's passionate about keeping our neighborhood maintained and nice. Most have an attitude of not giving a shite about the issues unless it directly impacts them. I'm a play by the rules guy. You chose to live in an HOA, then play by the rules. You don't like it, take a friggin hike. Now having said that, some of the rules may be stupid and in those cases they are debate-able but that's not for one person to decide.

Rockwall, Tx    LBGE, Minimax, 22" Blackstone, Pizza Party Bollore. Cast Iron Hoarder.

• WeberWho
    WeberWho Posts: 11,208
    Good luck TEXASBGE2018. Not a position I'd want to be in. Especially with neighbors and rules. 
    "The pig is an amazing animal. You feed a pig an apple and it makes bacon. Let's see Michael Phelps do that" - Jim Gaffigan

Minnesota
  • Dobie
    Dobie Posts: 3,446
    Neighbor came to me, he's currently the homeowner rep on the HOA board, he's got some health issues and may resign. Asked me if I wanted to take his place. Really debating on this cause part of me wants to bring down the mighty hammer of Thor on a bunch of these idiots that live in my neighborhood. But I know this position has to be somewhat diplomatic so I'm conflicted. I figured this would happen eventually, Im one of the few people that's passionate about keeping our neighborhood maintained and nice. Most have an attitude of not giving a shite about the issues unless it directly impacts them. I'm a play by the rules guy. You chose to live in an HOA, then play by the rules. You don't like it, take a friggin hike. Now having said that, some of the rules may be stupid and in those cases they are debate-able but that's not for one person to decide.
    How it starts

How it ends

Jacksonville FL
  • lkapigian
    lkapigian Posts: 11,029
    Botch said:
    I was born a male. And I still identify as a male.
    But according to this Stouffer's lasagna box, I am a family of 4.
    LoL
    Visalia, Ca @lkapigian
  • Ybabpmuts
    Ybabpmuts Posts: 961
    @Ragingirishman2
    You gonna eat that the long way?
  • BigreenGreg
    BigreenGreg Posts: 588
    The whole forum figured this would happen eventually.
    This would be a good time to open up a bass boat storage facility nearby and make a few bucks
    LBGE, 36" Blackstone, Anova Pro
    Charleston, SC
  • dbCooper
    dbCooper Posts: 2,321
    @TEXASBGE2018 - What are the responsibilities of the "Homeowners Rep"?
    Would you be the voice on the board for both the various accusers and the accused?

LBGE, LBGE-PTR, 22" Weber, Coleman 413G
    Great Plains, USA
  • ColbyLang
    Huge win with the city council tonight. They shot down a proposed ordinance that would basically abolish zoning laws within our city limits by allowing commercial businesses to operate permitted by right. 
  • ColbyLang
    @TEXASBGE2018, I agree with you regarding the HOA. Make sure your covenants are up to date and enforceable. Fighting that battle now in a no. HOA situation 

• alaskanassasin
    alaskanassasin Posts: 8,063
    ColbyLang said:
    @TEXASBGE2018, I agree with you regarding the HOA. Make sure your covenants are up to date and enforceable. Fighting that battle now in a no. HOA situation 

I thought you were leaving town?
    South of Columbus, Ohio.

• ColbyLang
    ColbyLang said:

I thought you were leaving town?
    Ain’t leaving the area. Laws affect us all. My business is still here. Ain’t willing to spend 250k on dirt. Blueprints in the works
  • TEXASBGE2018
    TEXASBGE2018 Posts: 3,831
    dbCooper said:
    @TEXASBGE2018 - What are the responsibilities of the "Homeowners Rep"?
    Would you be the voice on the board for both the various accusers and the accused?

Pretty much. I'd be one of 4 votes. The others being the Developer, the builder(s) and the last being the HOA management company. Pretty much I would get overruled on almost everything. It's a powerless job until the neighborhood is fully built out, then all the power goes to the homeowners instead of these unelected bureaucrats.

Rockwall, Tx    LBGE, Minimax, 22" Blackstone, Pizza Party Bollore. Cast Iron Hoarder.

• Ybabpmuts said:
    @Ragingirishman2
    You gonna eat that the long way?
    It went down pretty easily.  =)
    XL BGE
    Plainfield, IL.
  • Ybabpmuts
    I get that. What are you doing next Tuesday 😁
  • Ybabpmuts
    Miy sister Beulah once choked on my cousins  corn dog. Luckily my.cousin already had a good grip on her pistol grip ears and was able to pull back the corn dog just in time. 
  • Ybabpmuts
    im starting to wonder about my family
  • fishlessman
    fishlessman Posts: 33,191
    cat walks and ship ladders

@nolaegghead i dont think steel prices are going to come down much soon for those mezzanines you want to build.....
    fukahwee maine

you can lead a fish to water but you can not make him drink it
  • fishlessman
    Just read an article about the absurd amount of money being put into the F1 race in Vegas later this year and the even more absurd things being done to accommodate it. Any club, restaurant or venue that has any sort of view of the track has to pay a $1500 licensing fee, per person, or the view will be obstructed. 

Pretty sure I need to put vacation paperwork in now and leave the city that week. 

almost seems illegal to obstruct a view ......
    fukahwee maine

• Ozzie_Isaac
    Ozzie_Isaac Posts: 20,122
    Just read an article about the absurd amount of money being put into the F1 race in Vegas later this year and the even more absurd things being done to accommodate it. Any club, restaurant or venue that has any sort of view of the track has to pay a $1500 licensing fee, per person, or the view will be obstructed. 

Pretty sure I need to put vacation paperwork in now and leave the city that week. 
    almost seems illegal to obstruct a view .....
    Depends if there is a view easement.  how they block it.  They cannot walk into your building and put plywood over your windows.  They could put up giant billboards on their property and block the view, assuming they stay within zoning requirements.

In the end, no matter what, $$$$ talks.

It is possible to commit no mistakes and still lose. - Captain Jean-Luc Packard

• Ybabpmuts said:
    I’ve already finished my wondering about them. 
  • Botch
    Botch Posts: 15,998
    Used my new string trimmer, which features heavier, twisted line that's supposed to cut thru heavy brush.  When I advanced the line, a chunk flew up and hit me on the right cheekbone, blood everywhere.
    Think maybe a face shield, or at least goggles, are in order.   :|

Curry smells a hell of a lot better than a Big Mac, just sayin'  

• fishlessman
    Ybabpmuts said:

haw about your wifes family =)
    fukahwee maine

• Botch said:
    Used my new string trimmer, which features heavier, twisted line that's supposed to cut thru heavy brush.  When I advanced the line, a chunk flew up and hit me on the right cheekbone, blood everywhere.
    Think maybe a face shield, or at least goggles, are in order.   :|
    My father is very wise and has always emphasized the absolute need for eye protection when weed whacking or using high torque power tools. I’m ashamed to admit I’ve caught myself trimming without eye protection a few times over the last several months. Just not worth the risk. But then again, I also cut the grass in Crocs. 🙃
  • kl8ton
    kl8ton Posts: 5,597
    Waiting for Ozzie to post the celebrity death....
    Large, Medium, MiniMax, 36" Blackstone
    Grand Rapids MI