Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

OT - What are you doing right now?

Comments

• Ybabpmuts
    Ybabpmuts Posts: 961
    I watched a storm roll in about three months ago when the fuzzy little missus started trying to vote me off the island. She didn't know I had the immunity idle in my pants just in case. I have a cousin in the immunity idle and pants business, and he gave me a bundle price, otherwise I probably would have had to decide between the immunity idle and the pants. How do you make that choice?
  • Legume
    Legume Posts: 15,012
    It's spelled idol, but I suspect idle makes more sense for some.
    Not a felon
  • Ybabpmuts
    Crap crap crap. My night is total $h!t. My father spent his whole life being idle. You'd think I could at least spell it correctly. I had  one Idol growing up, my brother log, aka mister mcforehead. He once shaved his giant cranium, painted it orange and entered a giant gourd contests. We would have won too but he blinked and the jig was up. I always wondered how far we would have gotten if I just stapled his eyes shut. 

• lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 33,477
    I was worrying about you spending so much time submerged.  But you surfaced with a great pie right there.  Nailed it as if there was any doubt. 
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • ColtsFan
    ColtsFan Posts: 6,493

More of my well spent tax dollars hard at work 
    I had to detour through Springfield on my way back from the Ohio EggFest because I-70 was closed. Looks like they got it good last night in that storm
    ~ John - https://www.instagram.com/hoosier_egger
    XL BGE, LG BGE, KJ Jr, PK Original, Ardore Pizza Oven, King Disc 
    Bloomington, IN - Hoo Hoo Hoo Hoosiers!

• Just received word that a car we lent some relatives to facilitate hospital visits to a very ill son was hit with hail damage last night. Will have to make a claim or else live with the damage. Was tempted to feel injustice but remembered the plight of father with the sick son. 
  • lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 33,477
    That is just piling on right there.  I'm sure all involved are appreciative of your calm approach as that eases the tangential concerns of the parents. 
    Doing the right thing is the way to tackle any and all issues, good or not so good. 
    Your moral compass will guide your actions.  Yours is sharply pointed true.
    Totally off this post-enjoy those wings. 
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • Gulfcoastguy
    Gulfcoastguy Posts: 6,604
    Just received word that a car we lent some relatives to facilitate hospital visits to a very ill son was hit with hail damage last night. Will have to make a claim or else live with the damage. Was tempted to feel injustice but remembered the plight of father with the sick son. 
    That could have happened anywhere. That said, family finances permitting, the proper thing would be for them to cover the deductible. 
  • @Gulfcoastguy

Given the circumstances, I did not consider this aspect. If the offer comes, great. If not, also great, in that they won’t have to worry about it. 
  • alaskanassasin
    alaskanassasin Posts: 8,063
    ColtsFan said:

More of my well spent tax dollars hard at work 
    I had to detour through Springfield on my way back from the Ohio EggFest because I-70 was closed. Looks like they got it good last night in that storm
    We were nailed again at 5am this morning. One of my side hustles is hay so these pop up thunderstorms have not been great for that but rain makes grain
    South of Columbus, Ohio.

• alaskanassasin
    @ColtsFan my buddy a couple miles away was without power from 5am until 6 tonight 
    South of Columbus, Ohio.

• Ybabpmuts
    I was nailed at 5AM this morning too. I was nailed to a giant board and dressed in just an old cloth diaper and stood up in the middle of the town square. Besides me a monk was circling me and screaming "stand aside common folk, we have a giant baby on board" 
  • Legume

I can't seem to get the video to load, but this young'n ran across the yard at 930AM on Thursday.  Not in a huge hurry, just amblin.
    Not a felon
  • alaskanassasin
    Legume said:

I can't seem to get the video to load, but this young'n ran across the yard at 930AM on Thursday.  Not in a huge hurry, just amblin.
     Not too young maybe a yearling. Hopefully he or she makes their way to the woods.
    South of Columbus, Ohio.

• alaskanassasin
    edited July 2023
    South of Columbus, Ohio.

• Legume
    @alaskanassasin we're crisscrossed with creeks, irrigation ditches and green belt, all with plenty of trees.  They travel around the city that way, we just haven't seen them on our street like this.
    Not a felon
  • DuckDogDr
    DuckDogDr Posts: 1,549
    Finally got all my paperwork approved and I’m officially a part time instructor for the LVT program at the community college . Trying to do my lesson plans and my MacBook is not being cooperative.
    I have to have the most updated software to be compatible… and I haven’t updated since 2019 apparently.. and it won’t update  :|.  So I may be going shopping after work tomorrow 
  • Legume
    DuckDogDr said:
    Finally got all my paperwork approved and I’m officially a part time instructor for the LVT program at the community college . Trying to do my lesson plans and my MacBook is not being cooperative.
    I have to have the most updated software to be compatible… and I haven’t updated since 2019 apparently.. and it won’t update  :|.  So I may be going shopping after work tomorrow 
    You should qualify for the academic discount from Apple, it's not a ton, but it's about the same as any sales they have.
    Not a felon
  • DuckDogDr
    DuckDogDr Posts: 1,549
    @Ozzie_Isaac, just saw the threads about your horse. Sorry fella I know that’s hard.

@Legume I may decide to go with a surface pro this go around. I saw they had a discount program as well. Apparently my MacBook is an early 2013 model and from what I’m reading it’s essentially no longer supported . Which is frustrating because the machine itself works fine.
    I will say maybe it’s the operator but I haven’t liked it as much as my very first one ( a 2007 model I killed it with a milkshake ). Storing things and finding later has always been glitchy. 

• JohnInCarolina
    JohnInCarolina Posts: 31,974
    Booking a spot at the parking deck at RDU, online in advance.  Headed out to Livermore this week.  No rest for the working man...
    "I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike
  • Legume
    Watching dog chase squirrels, either she's getting faster/smarter or they're getting slower/dumber.  It's real close, but I get the feeling they only run as fast as they have to.
    Not a felon
  • JohnInCarolina
    JohnInCarolina Posts: 31,974
    Legume said:
    Watching dog chase squirrels, either she's getting faster/smarter or they're getting slower/dumber.  It's real close, but I get the feeling they only run as fast as they have to.
    Squirrels know they don't need to be the fastest animal in the yard.  They just know they only need to be faster than the slowest squirrel.  
    "I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    Ozzie_Isaac Posts: 20,122
    Reviewing some game cam images from last few nights.

It is possible to commit no mistakes and still lose. - Captain Jean-Luc Packard

• Gulfcoastguy
    Gulfcoastguy Posts: 6,604
    Well I guess that you don’t have a feral cat problem.