Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

OT - What are you doing right now?

Comments

• Ozzie_Isaac
    Ozzie_Isaac Posts: 20,122
    Botch said:
    Used my new string trimmer, which features heavier, twisted line that's supposed to cut thru heavy brush.  When I advanced the line, a chunk flew up and hit me on the right cheekbone, blood everywhere.
    Think maybe a face shield, or at least goggles, are in order.   :|
    My father is very wise and has always emphasized the absolute need for eye protection when weed whacking or using high torque power tools. I’m ashamed to admit I’ve caught myself trimming without eye protection a few times over the last several months. Just not worth the risk. But then again, I also cut the grass in Crocs. 🙃
    I always stress the need for eye protection and ear protection.  I was using a nail gun once and was having loading issues.  I flipped it over to finagle with the loaded nail clip.  When I pulled the slide off to clear it, it ejected the entire strip of nails and hit me right in my eye protection.  Scracthed the glasses up and bruised my cheek, but still have my eyes.

It is possible to commit no mistakes and still lose. - Captain Jean-Luc Packard

• Gulfcoastguy
    Gulfcoastguy Posts: 6,604
    Botch said:
    Used my new string trimmer, which features heavier, twisted line that's supposed to cut thru heavy brush.  When I advanced the line, a chunk flew up and hit me on the right cheekbone, blood everywhere.
    Botch said:
    My father is very wise and has always emphasized the absolute need for eye protection when weed whacking or using high torque power tools. I’m ashamed to admit I’ve caught myself trimming without eye protection a few times over the last several months. Just not worth the risk. But then again, I also cut the grass in Crocs. 🙃
    Already used mine to edge the sidewalks and driveways around noon today.. Also used up all of the initial line that was on the spool. Late this afternoon I guess that I will attempt the hated respooling.... or maybe procrastinate again.
  • alaskanassasin
    alaskanassasin Posts: 8,063
    You can’t weed eat without safety glass cmon!
    South of Columbus, Ohio.

• alaskanassasin
    My sister flung a rock up and cracked her watch. 
    South of Columbus, Ohio.

• My sister flung a rock up and cracked her watch. 
    My yard guys threw a rock while they were edging and cracked the driver side door window on my brand new truck.  Sadly I couldn't prove they did it.  
    Midland, TX XLBGE
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    When a farmer insists on PPE, then you know you really really need it.

• fishlessman
    fishlessman Posts: 33,191
    i bought a dr trimmer years ago, tears thru 1 inch thick beach roses, small trees etc. its very dainty. theres also a chainsaw that mounts to the front, i need to upgrade

DR Trimmer Mower

fukahwee maine

you can lead a fish to water but you can not make him drink it
  • alaskanassasin
    My sister flung a rock up and cracked her watch. 
    My yard guys threw a rock while they were edging and cracked the driver side door window on my brand new truck.  Sadly I couldn't prove they did it.  
    They should have owned up to it. You call them out?   I had a landscape company and we did the same thing through a bay window, dudes security system called him before I knew what happened 
    South of Columbus, Ohio.

• alaskanassasin
    I would have them install a drivers side window worth of landscaping and skip on the bill.
    South of Columbus, Ohio.

• HeavyG
    HeavyG Posts: 10,380
    kl8ton said:
    Waiting for Ozzie to post the celebrity death....
    Yep.

Very sad.

“Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away.” ― Philip K. Diçk

• HeavyG
    Just read an article about the absurd amount of money being put into the F1 race in Vegas later this year and the even more absurd things being done to accommodate it. Any club, restaurant or venue that has any sort of view of the track has to pay a $1500 licensing fee, per person, or the view will be obstructed. 

Pretty sure I need to put vacation paperwork in now and leave the city that week. 
    All those businesses should call their bluff and go ahead and let the F1 folks spend the money to obstruct all those views. I'd bet (it is Vegas after all) that F1 would back off to something more reasonable.
    “Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away.” ― Philip K. Diçk

• Legume
    Legume Posts: 15,012
    I *may have* pulled the guard up and shot nails from a nail gun across a warehouse at others doing the same toward me.  It was a long time ago.  I voted differently then too.
    Not a felon
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    HeavyG said:
    kl8ton said:
    Yep.

Very sad.

I have deliberately avoided posting too many celebrity deaths because you'll said it was an offensive hobby.  I will gladly go back to posting celebrity deaths if it will not offend anyone.

• lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 33,477
    @Ozzie_Isaac you have my authorization to post my celebrity death, although I have no chance of hiring a publisher to inform anyone much less you specifically.
    Although given the details I have laid out for when my "life's hour glass of sand" goes empty, I need to focus on tangential issues like the forum.  B)
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • Botch
    Botch Posts: 15,998
    When a farmer insists on PPE, then you know you really really need it.
    I consistently use eye and ear protection in my woodshop, but have never used anything while mowing or trimming (I did have one bad mower accident: my Dad was mowing the front yard when he kicked up a rock that went thru the picture window, spraying me with glass napping on the sofa.  I wasn't 1 yet, so don't remember it).  
    I'm equally inconsistent with helmets: wear one 100% of the time on the motorcycle, but never wear one while skiing.  Go figure.  

Curry smells a hell of a lot better than a Big Mac, just sayin'  

• HeavyG

They work... until they don't.

• Ozzie_Isaac
    HeavyG said:

They work... until they don't.
    Colin Furze is a favorite of mine

• kl8ton
    kl8ton Posts: 5,597
    HeavyG said:
    kl8ton said:
    Yep.

Very sad.

I have deliberately avoided posting too many celebrity deaths because you'll said it was an offensive hobby.  I will gladly go back to posting celebrity deaths if it will not offend anyone.
    Doesn't offend me. Kind of a way to share any memory or personal interaction any of us may have had. 
    Large, Medium, MiniMax, 36" Blackstone
    Grand Rapids MI
  • WeberWho
    WeberWho Posts: 11,208
    Like the shop teacher used to say, "You only get two eyes. Don't screw them up!"
    "The pig is an amazing animal. You feed a pig an apple and it makes bacon. Let's see Michael Phelps do that" - Jim Gaffigan

Minnesota
  • Gulfcoastguy
    Gulfcoastguy Posts: 6,604
    Just finished mowing my backyard. The only safety glasses were the ones that I need to see and I wore Croc slides.
  • Battleborn
    Battleborn Posts: 3,490
    Botch said:
    Safety third. But I should also say my retirement plan is to die at work when I’m older. So, maybe don’t take my advice. 

Thanks for coming to my TED Talk. 
    Las Vegas, NV

• HeavyG
    HeavyG said:
    kl8ton said:
    Yep.

Very sad.

Nothing posted on this forum would offend me fwiw. Except for a pix of a stuffed bell pepper - the very thought of those things make me gag. Which I did as I typed that.

• Ybabpmuts
    Ybabpmuts Posts: 961
    @HeavyG

I'm pretty sure I could post something on this forum that would offend you.

SB
  • alaskanassasin
    WeberWho said:
    Like the shop teacher used to say, "You only get two eyes. Don't screw them up!"
    Our shop teacher said “ I know woodshop is right after lunch, so if you were doing something your should not be *wink* in the parking lot, just come in at sit at your desk and please don’t hurt anyone or get hurt I won’t judge you” 
    South of Columbus, Ohio.

• Ybabpmuts
    How many days could you do that, because I don't think I would have completed a single project, because I winked in the parking lot all the time back then. Wait, I just realized you said winked, with an I, and I thought you wrote wanked with an a. Toe-mato Toe-motto.

Nobody ever caught me because I had tinted windows, it was the eighties, after all.

• JohnInCarolina
    JohnInCarolina Posts: 31,974
    In the ABQ convention center:

"I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike
  • HeavyG
    Ybabpmuts said:
    @HeavyG

I'm pretty sure I could post something on this forum that would offend you.

SB
    Doubtful, as I've never read beyond the first 14 words of any of your posts.

• Ybabpmuts
    I could offend you on this forum with 10 words.
  • Legume
    Legume Posts: 15,012
    It's not offensive, it's just a little odd when several people seem to be in a race.  I am happy to designate @Ozzie_Isaac as the forum's official obit herald.
    Not a felon
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    Legume said:
    It's not offensive, it's just a little odd when several people seem to be in a race.  I am happy to designate @Ozzie_Isaac as the forum's official obit herald.
    Guys will turn anything into a race.