Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

OT - What are you doing right now?

Comments

• Ybabpmuts
    Ybabpmuts Posts: 961
    My wife has been gone for two weeks and all of a sudden my washing machine smells like ass. When she was here her ass smelled like a washing machine, the juxtaposition is killing me.

• HeavyG
    HeavyG Posts: 10,380
    HeavyG said:
    "USNCCM17 will be held in Albuquerque, New Mexico, on the 20th anniversary of the 7th U.S. National Congress on Computational Mechanics (USNCCM7) held in Albuquerque in 2003."

Say what??

The Congress is held every other year.  
    Hmm.  7x2=14  14 does not equal 20.
    This one this year is the 17th Congress.  Twenty years ago, the 7th Congress was held.  (17-7)x2 does equal 20.
    Just struck me as a rather awkward construction. Can't say I've ever seen anything described as the "XX" anniversary of the "X>1" event.
    That 7th UNCCM must have been quite the rave/shindig to mark its 20th anniversary - people still talk about it to this day! :) 

“Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away.” ― Philip K. Diçk

• I popped a skillet cornbread into the oven while I chilled out on the patio. 

XL BGE
    Plainfield, IL.
  • JohnInCarolina
    JohnInCarolina Posts: 31,974
    HeavyG said:
    HeavyG said:
    "USNCCM17 will be held in Albuquerque, New Mexico, on the 20th anniversary of the 7th U.S. National Congress on Computational Mechanics (USNCCM7) held in Albuquerque in 2003."

Say what??

The Congress is held every other year.  
    Hmm.  7x2=14  14 does not equal 20.
    This one this year is the 17th Congress.  Twenty years ago, the 7th Congress was held.  (17-7)x2 does equal 20.
    Just struck me as a rather awkward construction. Can't say I've ever seen anything described as the "XX" anniversary of the "X>1" event.
    That 7th UNCCM must have been quite the rave/shindig to mark its 20th anniversary - people still talk about it to this day! :) 

I think they were mostly just trying to get people to appreciate that they once held the same meeting here in Albuquerque, and that it was twenty years ago.  I'm really not sure.  

I was here in 2003 at this meeting and I would not describe it as a rave, lol.  
    "I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike
  • Gulfcoastguy
    Gulfcoastguy Posts: 6,604
    Picked eggplants and made the folks an eggplant casserole.
  • Ybabpmuts
    I wish I could make my folks an eggplant casserole, but they died from lack of breath years ago  Also, they hated eggplant casserole so I'd only do it if I thought they'd have a good chance at choking on it, because my father once beat me on Thanksgiving, three feet from a perfectly roasted turkey, so it only makes sense that he should die by eggplant 
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    Ozzie_Isaac Posts: 20,122
    Eating at Miso Phat

It is possible to commit no mistakes and still lose. - Captain Jean-Luc Packard

• Cooking up a storm with Olafur Arnalds blaring and sipping an IPA. 
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    edited July 2023
    Unfortunately, one of my horses went down this morning.  Fortunately I have a really good friend who was able to help the house sitter, get her back up.  However, the horse, Faith, is having to be put down.  She is old and has been shedding weight the last two months, which is a telltale sign they are at the end of their rope. No flights available back home soon enough to help.  I have only ever had one other animal put down without me there.  Hate not being there for my animals, but she is in pain and trying to do what is best for her.

• johnmitchell
    johnmitchell Posts: 6,716
    @Ozzie_Isaac. So sorry to hear that. Yes sometime we have to make those hard calls.
    Greensboro North Carolina
    When in doubt Accelerate....
  • kl8ton
    kl8ton Posts: 5,597
    That's my dislike @Ozzie_Isaac
    Sad. Even worse that you can't be there. I've heard a few sad stories surrounding horses. My son worked for a pet crematory.  He would pick up horses using a sled and van with winch for retrieval.  Never easy. 
    Large, Medium, MiniMax, 36" Blackstone
    Grand Rapids MI
  • lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 33,479
    Tough at any time but especially when you can't be there @Ozzie_Isaac
    Unfortunately, the circle of life. 
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • Bellavista52
    Bellavista52 Posts: 147
    So sorry to hear @Ozzie_Isaac.
    XL and Small BGEs in South Carolina
  • MasterC
    MasterC Posts: 1,411
    Sorry to hear that Ozzie_Isaac 
    Fort Wayne Indiana 
  • Have never had this happen before. The knife is so sharp that it’s embedding itself in the end grain Boos Block. 

• fishlessman
    fishlessman Posts: 33,191
    Have never had this happen before. The knife is so sharp that it’s embedding itself in the end grain Boos Block. 

Those knives are made to be used with a lighter hand and more of a pull back sliding motion. Not so much of a pressure down rocking motion
    fukahwee maine

you can lead a fish to water but you can not make him drink it
  • Have never had this happen before. The knife is so sharp that it’s embedding itself in the end grain Boos Block. 

Those knives are made to be used with a lighter hand and more of a pull back sliding motion. Not so much of a pressure down rocking motion
    No downward pressure applied. Just the weight of the blade.
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    Thank you all for the kind words.  I very much appreciate it.

• dbCooper
    dbCooper Posts: 2,321
    @Ozzie_Isaac - My condolences to you.
    LBGE, LBGE-PTR, 22" Weber, Coleman 413G
    Great Plains, USA
  • Botch
    Botch Posts: 15,998
    Just got back from a 6-day trip to my 40-year SDSU reunion; not my fellow ME grads but my best friends.  We're all nearly intact and still Happy, so thats a good thing.
    Here's a totally odd question for everyone here.  There were two gas station pumps that accepted my CC, then asked for a 4-digit PIN.  Normally I see an option to hit "Enter" or a video button that says "Skip", but these last two pumps gave me the only option to "Bring your CC into the Cashier".  Inconvenient, to say the least.  I didn't catch the brand at the first station, but the second one was Sinclair (the green dinosaur folks).  After waiting in line (twice) to pay for my gas, I asked the clerk if Sinclair required a Special 4-digit code everywhere; she didn't know. I will be avoiding Sinclair stations from now on, but does anyone here know the full story?  TIA.  

Seeing my old friends from SDSU, some I haven't seen for 40 years, was again quite an experience.  We did a walking tour of the campus, stunning and even got to see the "modern" dorm rooms, fully A/C and arranged quite differently, including bars to keep anyone from rolling onto the floor (this was an infant thing, but it applies to college students (myself included) too, alcohol is a wonderful thing!).  

Curry smells a hell of a lot better than a Big Mac, just sayin'  

• Canugghead
    Canugghead Posts: 11,945
    My belated condolences @Ozzie_Isaac.
    canuckland
  • alaskanassasin
    alaskanassasin Posts: 8,063
    Dang @Ozzie_Isaac it’s tough to watch them go. I am glad you have a support network to help out while you’re gone. 
    South of Columbus, Ohio.

• Ybabpmuts
    edited July 2023
    Watching 2022 rock-n-roll hall of fame induction ceremony. Fantastic Performances. I played it extra loud, mostly to make my bum jiggle just a little bit, because this might be the last week in my big house, because of the divorce, I'm moving to a small apartment and I don't think I can play the rock n roll hall of fame induction ceremony so loud that my bum will jiggle at the new place. I'd probably have to play it lower and jiggle my bum myself, and I refuse to play the music lower if it makes me jiggle my own bum
  • Ybabpmuts
    But seriously, with all the inductees, it should be watched by all of us.  I just happen to have a twisted view of everything, but if you look at the people being inducted, it transcends my stupid ****. 
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    Waiting in OGG, for a red-eye.  Time to get back to the real world.