Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

OT - What are you doing right now?

Comments

• fishlessman
    fishlessman Posts: 33,191
    33.95 at the clam shack in kennebunkport on their site right now
    fukahwee maine

you can lead a fish to water but you can not make him drink it
  • Acn
    Acn Posts: 4,444
    Acn said:

how much they getting for lobster rolls up there near the coast, this years prices in the southern part are truly insane and there doesnt seem to be a justification with regards to live lobster prices at all.
    This was in Bangor, so not on the coast, but roll (and I had a lot of claw in there), fries, and slaw was $24.95.

LBGE

Pikesville, MD

• fishlessman
    Acn said:
    Acn said:

how much they getting for lobster rolls up there near the coast, this years prices in the southern part are truly insane and there doesnt seem to be a justification with regards to live lobster prices at all.
    This was in Bangor, so not on the coast, but roll (and I had a lot of claw in there), fries, and slaw was $24.95.

thats a bargain from what ive been seeing. was in a chowder house the other day getting a cup of bisque for lunch and the guy in front of me bought a lobster roll and a clam plate for 70 bucks plus tax. this wasnt near the coast either, similar style blue collar town like bangor. its not near normal
    fukahwee maine

• alaskanassasin
    alaskanassasin Posts: 8,063
    That’s insane! 
    South of Columbus, Ohio.

• WeberWho
    WeberWho Posts: 11,208
    Those prices are crazy. We have a restaurant here in town that has seafood flown in daily and they get $25 for a lobster roll with fries and we are in MN. 
    "The pig is an amazing animal. You feed a pig an apple and it makes bacon. Let's see Michael Phelps do that" - Jim Gaffigan

Minnesota
  • fishlessman
    WeberWho said:
    Those prices are crazy. We have a restaurant here in town that has seafood flown in daily and they get $25 for a lobster roll with fries and we are in MN. 

my only thoughts is that the tourists are driving the prices right now, its back to precovid whitecaps from florida on the highways, crashes, delays, people in your way ;)
    fukahwee maine

• kl8ton
    kl8ton Posts: 5,597

Welcome to the weekend!
    Large, Medium, MiniMax, 36" Blackstone
    Grand Rapids MI
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    Ozzie_Isaac Posts: 20,124
    kl8ton said:

Welcome to the weekend!
    Did that happen while they were parking their RV?

It is possible to commit no mistakes and still lose. - Captain Jean-Luc Packard

• kl8ton
    kl8ton said:

Welcome to the weekend!
    Did that happen while they were parking their RV?
    Yeah. It was this lady's first time pulling her camper.  She was trying to pull in front first so that her awning would face her friend next door.  
    Grand Rapids MI
  • Battleborn
    Battleborn Posts: 3,490
    kl8ton said:

Welcome to the weekend!
    I feel for you. I lived in an RV park for a year when we moved to Nevada. My job was 5 hours away from Vegas and I would commute on the weekends. Some of those guests sucked. 
    Las Vegas, NV

• DuckDogDr
    DuckDogDr Posts: 1,549
    ColbyLang said:
    Ahhhh, this Bronco….bring it to the dealership, tire has a slow leak. 4pm….it’s free repair due to rim and tire warranty. Service tech comes get me…we need to change front shock, it’s leaking. Cool, do it. Won’t have it for 10-12 days lol. Wife taking Bronco to the beach Saturday. Shouldn’t affect the trip, but this thing has been a haggle for 15,000 miles thus far.

Just get them to put a whole new suspension / lift kit under it
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    Ozzie_Isaac Posts: 20,124
    edited July 2023
    Enjoying the view from my friends house. He has 4 cows he is raising for beef too.

It is possible to commit no mistakes and still lose. - Captain Jean-Luc Packard

• alaskanassasin
    Enjoying the view from my friends house. He has 4 cows he is raising for beef too.

Cows are the mothers, steers or heifers are generally what you would raise for beef.
    South of Columbus, Ohio.

• lkapigian
    lkapigian Posts: 11,030

Cows are the mothers, steers or heifers are generally what you would raise for beef.
    Identifies as
    Visalia, Ca @lkapigian
  • kl8ton

I despise feedlots like that. Animals packed in. No room to move. Terrible conditions....
    Grand Rapids MI
  • kl8ton
    One of my sons is quite the inventor.  Here's a picture of part of his table in his room.  There's about 10 projects going on here.
    Grand Rapids MI
  • kl8ton

I think he may rival Nola after he moves out.  He needs more space and a barn. 
    Grand Rapids MI
  • kl8ton
    I think I need to get him a 3D printer.
    Grand Rapids MI
  • HeavyG
    HeavyG Posts: 10,380
    kl8ton said:

He might be interested in a subscription to Make: magazine.

https://makezine.com/

“Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away.” ― Philip K. Diçk

• paqman
    paqman Posts: 4,743
    @kl8ton 3d printers are a lot of fun. I wish I had one when I was younger… Based on what I am seeing here, go for it!  If you can afford it, I highly recommend a Prusa MK4 or MK3/S+

Setting up a network based ad blocker (pi-hole) using a Raspberry Pi zero W and a 240x135 mini OLED display.  It is working REALLY well, web pages are loading much faster!  From what I can see, about 25% of the web traffic is being blocked.

Assembly went mostly well, I did a clean solder job only to notice that I soldered the headers backwards… I had to teach SWMBO how to heat the solder joints while I pulled on the pins one by one, 40 of them.  After that, I used solder whick and flux to remove as much solder as I could from the vias.  I then re-soldered everything, I am happy with the end result despite my initial mistake.

Installing the OS and core software components was fairly straightforward but the display library installation documentation was poorly documented, it took me a while to figure it out on my own.

I also had to rewrite the script to display info/stats on the screen and I added code to reboot/shutdown using the buttons.

Fun project!

edited July 2023
    @paqman - Cool stuff there.  My experience, solder wick has its place but a sucker is much better in a majority of applications.  If you don't have one you need one.  This is what I use...

LBGE, LBGE-PTR, 22" Weber, Coleman 413G
    Great Plains, USA
  • kl8ton
    Wow I hate shopping for light bulbs!
    Grand Rapids MI
  • alaskanassasin
    paqman said:
    @kl8ton 3d printers are a lot of fun. I wish I had one when I was younger… Based on what I am seeing here, go for it!  If you can afford it, I highly recommend a Prusa MK4 or MK3/S+
    When I was a kid I remember reading about them in popular science and being blown away!
    South of Columbus, Ohio.

• Botch
    Botch Posts: 15,998
    paqman said:
    Setting up a network based ad blocker (pi-hole) using a Raspberry Pi zero W and a 240x135 mini OLED display.  It is working REALLY well, web pages are loading much faster!  From what I can see, about 25% of the web traffic is being blocked.

Assembly went mostly well, I did a clean solder job only to notice that I soldered the headers backwards… I had to teach SWMBO how to heat the solder joints while I pulled on the pins one by one, 40 of them.  After that, I used solder whick and flux to remove as much solder as I could from the vias.  I then re-soldered everything, I am happy with the end result despite my initial mistake.

Installing the OS and core software components was fairly straightforward but the display library installation documentation was poorly documented, it took me a while to figure it out on my own.

I also had to rewrite the script to display info/stats on the screen and I added code to reboot/shutdown using the buttons.
    So jealous.  I've rebuilt carbs, built wood desks, and set up music recording studios but I'm clueless wrt electronics/software interfaces.  Anything beyond rewiring a lamp goes right over my head.  :confused:  

Curry smells a hell of a lot better than a Big Mac, just sayin'  

• paqman
    paqman Posts: 4,743
    edited July 2023
    dbCooper said:
    @paqman - Cool stuff there.  My experience, solder wick has its place but a sucker is much better in a majority of applications.  If you don't have one you need one.  This is what I use...

I have a 30 years old Radio Shack solder sucker somewhere in a box…. When I was a kid, I would scavenge electronics and take them appart for components.  Fun times!

The one you have looks nice, I may order one.