Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

OT - What are you doing right now?

Comments

• fishlessman
    fishlessman Posts: 33,191
    kl8ton said:
    kl8ton said:
    Explaining to my kids why they won't be riding roller coasters in NC anytime soon.  
    Are you going over metallurgy and stress fractures?  Formulas and such?
    You know it’s interesting but you’ve probably heard how “a picture is worth more than a thousand words” ? Turns out a video is worth even more.

I’m just glad nobody was injured or killed.  
    Ohhhhhh..... I've not seen a video!  Just the same picture on every news media outlet.  
    In the video, the roller coaster - carrying a full load of people, mind you - runs past the support and you can see the entire structure move to the right over the support because the crack has completely separated it into two pieces.   Good times.   
    Looked like the only thing holding it together is gravity
    fukahwee maine

you can lead a fish to water but you can not make him drink it
  • Battleborn
    Battleborn Posts: 3,490
    Driving in Southern Az at 1am.  Finally cooled off.

Yesterday was our first “hot” day at 115. I knew it would be bad when I got in the truck at 0500 to go to work and it was 92. 
    Las Vegas, NV

• Dobie
    Dobie Posts: 3,446

Still the champ

Jacksonville FL
  • lkapigian
    lkapigian Posts: 11,030
    lousubcap said:
    The close of the above off subject stick burner pulled pork cook event:
    16 lbs going in:
    Never weigh on the back end:
    Guessing around 9-10 lbs pulled.
    Reheat and off to the local firehouse July 4th. 
    Always enjoy these cooks. 

Solid Cook !
    Visalia, Ca @lkapigian
  • lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 33,484
    Dobie said:

Still the champ

Since it was lightening delayed I recorded the show.  Now back and will catch it later this PM. 
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • Dobie
    Dobie Posts: 3,446
    Sorry for the spoiler Capt. but nobody really surprised.
    Jacksonville FL
  • shtgunal3
    shtgunal3 Posts: 5,803
    Nice cook @lousubcap and good on you brother

LBGE,SBGE, and a Mini makes three......Sweet home Alabama........ Stay thirsty my friends .

• kl8ton
    kl8ton Posts: 5,597
    Dang it. Brought the camper over to the house and plugged it into the garage. At some point I lost power in the garage. Breaker not tripped. Checked all the GFIs.  Time to go buy a tester. Mine is in a storage box somewhere and it will be faster to buy one.  Sitting at the pool right now. Not really caring.
    Large, Medium, MiniMax, 36" Blackstone
    Grand Rapids MI
  • JohnInCarolina
    JohnInCarolina Posts: 31,975
    Dobie said:

Still the GOAT

FTFY
    "I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike
  • lousubcap
    lkapigian said:
    Some Ribs on the 120

Stylin with the cut and as always the recipients are in for great eats.  Great trim on those ribs.
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • Dobie said:

Still the champ

What strikes me, aside from the mind blowing 62 hot dogs, is the lead he had over the competition. True athlete, by strict definition, in testing the limits of the human body. Quote about him: “Chestnut (…) typically eats nine hot dogs in less than a minute.” For the record, his personal best at one of these events was 76(!!!) hot dogs. 

Don’t invite this guy to a barbecue, unless you want to go bankrupt.  
  • lousubcap
    lkapigian said:

Totally unsurprising and great as always.
    My meager tribute:

• Battleborn
    Happy Birthday America. 

Las Vegas, NV

• billt01
    billt01 Posts: 1,629
    lkapigian said:
    Some Ribs on the 120

this guy right here has competed in a BBQ competition..
    Have:
     XLBGE / Stumps Baby XL / Couple of Stokers (Gen 1 and Gen 3) / Blackstone 36 / Maxey 3x5 water pan hog cooker
    Had:
    LBGE / Lang 60D / Cookshack SM150 / Stumps Stretch / Stumps Baby

Fat Willies BBQ
    Ola, Ga

• lkapigian
    lkapigian Posts: 11,030
    billt01 said:
    lkapigian said:
    Some Ribs on the 120

this guy right here has competed in a BBQ competition..
    I’ve certainly Not Won quite a few LoL
    Visalia, Ca @lkapigian
  • Canugghead
    Canugghead Posts: 11,945
    edited July 2023
    @WeberWho nice smoke ring and doesn't look dry, thanks for sharing.
                   -----
    I did something similar with MSM, previously smoked to 160 and chilled, steamed to 200 (usual serving temp) and foodsaver sealed for transportation in hot water. Worked well, the hold was only for few hours though.

I've been wondering if I omit the steaming, I may be able to use sous vide to accomplish both steam and hold, kind of killing two birds thingy? time/temp?
               -----
    May also try oven roaster for holding pulled pork or regular brisket. Got this from CL for $8 years ago

What if I hook it up with my redneck SV?
    Prototyping...

Packaged with always-on outlets (for air or circulation pump) and PID-controlled outlets (for heat source on/off). PID itself powered by UPS' battery charging low voltage circuit.

canuckland
  • kl8ton
    I was pumping gas just a few minutes ago. I glanced at the car in the next bay.  The occupant of the passenger seat was out of it.  Like full-on lean back mouth gaping open out of it.  The driver was outside of the vehicle on the phone.   Before I was done pumping gas our local fire department EMS and sheriff were there.  My guess is meth.  
    Grand Rapids MI
  • kl8ton
    My power's back on in my garage.  I found another GFI outlet. It was the GFI. No issues since a reset.
    Grand Rapids MI
  • HeavyG
    HeavyG Posts: 10,380

“Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away.” ― Philip K. Diçk

• lousubcap
    Skipping 600 unread messages just to post I skipped 600 unread messages.
    Timing is everything as I was gonna reach out and see how you are.  Glad you have surfaced.  Trust all is well.
    Stay healthy and safe out there-
  • Canugghead
    Canugghead Posts: 11,945
    Dislikowart missed you too!
    canuckland
  • Battleborn
    kl8ton said:
    I was pumping gas just a few minutes ago. I glanced at the car in the next bay.  The occupant of the passenger seat was out of it.  Like full-on lean back mouth gaping open out of it.  The driver was outside of the vehicle on the phone.   Before I was done pumping gas our local fire department EMS and sheriff were there.  My guess is meth.  
    Opiate, most likely. 
    Las Vegas, NV

• alaskanassasin
    alaskanassasin Posts: 8,063
    Snort of narcan and back at it.
    South of Columbus, Ohio.