Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

OT - What are you doing right now?

Comments

• SGH
    SGH Posts: 28,810
    In the pic immediately above you can see the big reels forward of the tower that the pipe rolls up on.  

Location- Just "this side" of Biloxi, Ms.

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

• alaskanassasin
    alaskanassasin Posts: 8,063
    Really cool shots @SGH thanks for sharing 
    South of Columbus, Ohio.

• Ozzie_Isaac
    Ozzie_Isaac Posts: 20,124
    While @SGH is helping to improve the world through building the energy and information infrastructure we all rely on, I am updating the firmware on my light bulbs.

It is possible to commit no mistakes and still lose. - Captain Jean-Luc Packard

• Ozzie_Isaac
    ColtsFan said:

Awe dang!  You are in for a treat!!

• Legume
    Legume Posts: 15,015
    HeavyG said:
    catching a show

Looks like a hundred or so lawn dart sets kinda evening. 😜
    Naaah, that's the touring company in Durham, NC not Manhattan - I think you can get a pair of tickets there by bartering a bushel of corn and three live chickens.
    More like some tobacco and boiled peanuts 
    It was a great show. We’re very lucky to be able to see Broadway shows without Broadway ticket prices. 
    and without all the murderous murdering going on in NYC
    Not a felon
  • For whatever reason, we both love a good thunderstorm. Trying to condition our kids in the same vein. 

• WeberWho
    WeberWho Posts: 11,208
    edited July 2023
    ColtsFan said:

You lucked out! I believe this game was supposed to be played this past Thursday but was moved to today with the weather? I caught a few minutes of yesterday's game and they mentioned it was recorded breaking attendance. Nicely done! 

Edit: This must be yesterday's game. 
    "The pig is an amazing animal. You feed a pig an apple and it makes bacon. Let's see Michael Phelps do that" - Jim Gaffigan

Minnesota
  • ColtsFan
    ColtsFan Posts: 6,493
    WeberWho said:
    ColtsFan said:

You lucked out! I believe this game was supposed to be played this past Thursday but was moved to today with the weather? I caught a few minutes of yesterday's game and they mentioned it was recorded breaking attendance. Nicely done! 

It was todays game. Originally scheduled for Thursday but postponed due to storms. It didn’t disappoint. 
    ~ John - https://www.instagram.com/hoosier_egger
    XL BGE, LG BGE, KJ Jr, PK Original, Ardore Pizza Oven, King Disc 
    Bloomington, IN - Hoo Hoo Hoo Hoosiers!

• WeberWho
    ColtsFan said:
    WeberWho said:
    ColtsFan said:

It was todays game. Originally scheduled for Thursday but postponed due to storms. It didn’t disappoint. 
    My bad. I just noticed the countdown timer for the Savannah Banana game on Youtube and didn't realize it had been streamed 2 hours earlier. I noticed your picture was during the 1st inning. So I thought it could could have been yesterdays game. That's super cool you were able to catch a game. You guys showed up in record numbers! It's cool to see them travel so well this far north. 
    "The pig is an amazing animal. You feed a pig an apple and it makes bacon. Let's see Michael Phelps do that" - Jim Gaffigan

Minnesota
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    Sitting here thinking that Hunter for Red October was a great book and movie.  Why do we not have cool movies like that anymore?

• JohnInCarolina
    JohnInCarolina Posts: 31,975
    Sitting here thinking that Hunter for Red October was a great book and movie.  Why do we not have cool movies like that anymore?

"I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike
  • kl8ton
    kl8ton Posts: 5,597
    Perhaps you have never had the privilege to watch Snakes on a Plane?
    Large, Medium, MiniMax, 36" Blackstone
    Grand Rapids MI
  • JohnInCarolina
    JohnInCarolina Posts: 31,975
    kl8ton said:

"I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    kl8ton said:
    I have not, but I have a free evening, so I may fire up the ol'boob tube and watch it.

• WeberWho
    kl8ton said:
    I have not, but I have a free evening, so I may fire up the ol'boob tube and watch it.
    Super Size Me 2: Holy Chicken is free on YouTube if you haven't seen it. Not a cool movie per say but really interesting if you haven't seen it. 

Minnesota
  • Battleborn
    Battleborn Posts: 3,490
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    realized I can now surf Egghead from my work computer and stream music from it too.  don't need my phone.  last career was heavily monitored and couldn't do anything personal at all on work assets.  now that i am my own big brother, nobody cares.

• Ozzie_Isaac
    Saw a cool video about @fishlessman 's pontoon boat.

https://youtu.be/EzZRf1ooOjQ

• Ozzie_Isaac

• SamIAm2
    SamIAm2 Posts: 1,944
    bubbajack said:
    Wife and I worked hard putting down some sod at the OKI house.

Pallets of 2'x4' pieces or rolls? Laid more sod in my college days than I care to remember; 3 campuses worth. Brutal work in the summer in the south. Might want to fill those seams with sand to keep the edges from getting dried out. 
    Ubi panis, ibi patria.
    Large - Roswell rig, MiniMax-PS Woo; Cocoa, Fl.
  • Got the surgical dressing and splint off, now it’s a cast for 3 weeks and then a boot for a month. 
    XL BGE
    Plainfield, IL.
  • FrostyEgg
    FrostyEgg Posts: 601
    "Working" today - off the rest of the week!
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    Picked up some pizza dough from a local joint.  They had a women's event and had a bunch of dough left over.  They put the call out to the community for anyone who could use some.

This is a fermented dough that is fantastic and good for 900 deg.  Stoked to actually try it at home.

• SGH
    Starting to set things up to cook shrimp and crab. If I was to be a little honest here, it’s a tad too hot to be outside boiling. 

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

• ColbyLang
    ColbyLang Posts: 3,754
    SGH said:
    Starting to set things up to cook shrimp and crab. If I was to be a little honest here, it’s a tad too hot to be outside boiling. 

Amen, crabs should be full with the moon phase. It’s hotter than all get out just W of you in Louisiana. Threatening to rain. It hasn’t rained here in almost a month 
  • Gulfcoastguy
    Gulfcoastguy Posts: 6,606
    Just think, he won't have to use as much propane. 
  • SGH
    ColbyLang said:
    It’s hotter than all get out just W of you in Louisiana. Threatening to rain. It hasn’t rained here in almost a month 
    I was over your way last week looking at the suction piles for SHENZI. You are correct, it’s hotter than 400 hells.  

Status- Standing by.