Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

OT - What are you doing right now?

Comments

• lkapigian
    lkapigian Posts: 11,030
    lousubcap said:
    @lkapigian - great acknowledgment right there.  Did you know you were "the lead dog?"
    Now to weld it on.  
    I did , the original I ordered was an LP Tank Conversion , there was at least a year delay from that but they never told mey why until the final steps , After they brought this out, they pre-sold over 500 and is why they moved to Houston .To date, I don't think they have shipped 50 of those 500, but the process is speeding up....I am glad the got my Trailer Build done in a reasnable time
    Visalia, Ca @lkapigian
  • WeberWho
    WeberWho Posts: 11,208
    lousubcap said:
    No surprise here with your troubleshooting abilities.  Way to stay after it and get it fixed. 

Thanks! Honestly just a little luck and a whole lot of desperation!
    "The pig is an amazing animal. You feed a pig an apple and it makes bacon. Let's see Michael Phelps do that" - Jim Gaffigan

Minnesota
  • lkapigian
    WTF Just Happened 
    Visalia, Ca @lkapigian
  • Botch
    Botch Posts: 15,998

Curry smells a hell of a lot better than a Big Mac, just sayin'  

• lkapigian
    And Its back to original 
    Visalia, Ca @lkapigian
  • DuckDogDr
    DuckDogDr Posts: 1,549
    More of what I did last night. Yesterday wasn’t necessarily a bad day at work but was at minimum mentally and physically taxing. Saw 20 cases plus 10 in house and only had 1 technician and 1 receptionist. 

Made it home just ahead of the impending storms .. cut all but my reading light off and opened the curtains to watch the lightning and started reading “ All Hell Broke Loose”. It’s about the killer blizzard that hit the northern Midwest Nov 11, 1940. Collection of memoirs from the duck hunters that managed to survive the storm. Wrong time of year but was too busy this past winter .. and figured better late than never.

My reading buddy wishing I would cut out the light
  • ksmyrl
    ksmyrl Posts: 1,050
    @DuckDogDr where do you hunt? I'm a GA duck hunter who occasionally gets to hunt in western TN. May be headed to Oregon this winter with the kid's school principal. Just curious. From a long line of southeastern duck hunters. 
    Fish, Hunt, Cook....anything else?

1LBGE, 1MMBGE, somewhere near Athens GA
  • DuckDogDr
    edited June 2023
    ksmyrl said:
    @DuckDogDr where do you hunt? I'm a GA duck hunter who occasionally gets to hunt in western TN. May be headed to Oregon this winter with the kid's school principal. Just curious. From a long line of southeastern duck hunters. 
    I have a local swamp and then 2 camps in Arkansas (one northern central and one south central).
    Member of a club in Louisiana but it hasn’t done well the past 3 years. I’m giving it this year and then will see how I feel after season.

I usually spend a week with my buddy in Washington state hunting the Columbia river. 
    It’s beautiful out there and always a good time . I definitely encourage you to hunt in Oregon beautiful scenery and weather. There’s a subspecies of Specklebelly out there you may get lucky and harvest.
    I’ve gotten my girlfriend into it a little bit and we usually take a 3-4 day trip somewhere together once a season to wherever. One of my spearfishing buddies is in a camp at Reelfoot . We’re tentatively planning a trip there at the end of the season
  • alaskanassasin
    alaskanassasin Posts: 8,063
    Dragging stuff out of the barn, preparing for wheat 
    South of Columbus, Ohio.

• ColtsFan
    ColtsFan Posts: 6,493
    Thanks Canada

~ John - https://www.instagram.com/hoosier_egger
    XL BGE, LG BGE, KJ Jr, PK Original, Ardore Pizza Oven, King Disc 
    Bloomington, IN - Hoo Hoo Hoo Hoosiers!

• YEMTrey
    YEMTrey Posts: 6,829
    edited June 2023
    Same in downtown Cincinnati today @ColtsFan
    Steve 
    XL, Mini Max, and a 22" Blackstone in Cincinnati, Ohio

• alaskanassasin
    ColtsFan said:
    Thanks Canada

Yep.
    South of Columbus, Ohio.

• kl8ton
    kl8ton Posts: 5,597
    We win today. Not sure if it's completely true but I saw a blurb that said we are at the worst air quality in the United States today.

The Sun picture is trying to burn through the haze. 
    Large, Medium, MiniMax, 36" Blackstone
    Grand Rapids MI
  • kl8ton
    Just got done with a surprise annual campground inspection.  The health department showed up on announced.  Usually they schedule the appointment with me.  
    Grand Rapids MI
  • JohnInCarolina
    JohnInCarolina Posts: 31,977
    kl8ton said:
    We win today. Not sure if it's completely true but I saw a blurb that said we are at the worst air quality in the United States today.

You sure this isn’t all just from you running your BGE with the vent cap off?
    "I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike
  • kl8ton
    I did try a picture from another angle without the BGE smoking there and it was the same!
    Grand Rapids MI
  • lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 33,485
    kl8ton said:
    Just got done with a surprise annual campground inspection.  The health department showed up on announced.  Usually they schedule the appointment with me.  

And the result was?? Guessing you are still on-line so it wasn't terminal. B)
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • kl8ton
    lousubcap said:
    kl8ton said:

And the result was?? Guessing you are still on-line so it wasn't terminal. B)
    It was good. Inspector was telling trainee that this will be the easiest inspection she does. We're the gold standard for our county. So that was good.  They're not doing their job if you don't get written up for something.  
    Grand Rapids MI
  • lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 33,485
    Way to adhere to the critical criteria that keeps your patrons returning every year.  Congratulations on nailing the surprise inspection!
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • lkapigian
    kl8ton said:h

That’s a normal day in Central California 
    Visalia, Ca @lkapigian
  • JohnInCarolina
    JohnInCarolina Posts: 31,977
    "I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike
  • billt01
    billt01 Posts: 1,629
    edited June 2023
    DuckDogDr said:
    Trying to install some HID headlights in the Tacoma .
    Had the driver side high beam burn out about 9 months ago and kept forgetting to replace.

have a question for the brain trust / need help

all of the lights work except for driver high beam (even new lights).. tried multiple lights and swapped around all ballasts…
    I put in an original factory bulb it works (and is repeatable test) I initially thought a bad connection and just got lucky with OE bulb , but then try and put in the different light nothing
    My vote is a grounding issue.  HID are very sensitive to grounding.  Regular bulb may still work, but HID won't.
    this..many of those ballasts have defects..or the cars computer  is rejecting an electrical signal..
    Have:
     XLBGE / Stumps Baby XL / Couple of Stokers (Gen 1 and Gen 3) / Blackstone 36 / Maxey 3x5 water pan hog cooker
    Had:
    LBGE / Lang 60D / Cookshack SM150 / Stumps Stretch / Stumps Baby

Fat Willies BBQ
    Ola, Ga

• alaskanassasin
    I would like to mow hay @canada
    South of Columbus, Ohio.

• DuckDogDr
    billt01 said:
    DuckDogDr said:
    Trying to install some HID headlights in the Tacoma .
    Had the driver side high beam burn out about 9 months ago and kept forgetting to replace.

have a question for the brain trust / need help

all of the lights work except for driver high beam (even new lights).. tried multiple lights and swapped around all ballasts…
    I put in an original factory bulb it works (and is repeatable test) I initially thought a bad connection and just got lucky with OE bulb , but then try and put in the different light nothing
    My vote is a grounding issue.  HID are very sensitive to grounding.  Regular bulb may still work, but HID won't.
    this..many of those ballasts have defects..or the cars computer  is rejecting an electrical signal..
    Would a different brand potentially be better or do I’m assuming I need to chase down and re-do the ground
  • kl8ton
    Zooming around the forum.  It's like a treasure hunt. Zoom from corner to corner making new discoveries. I don't like it. It is too much work.
    Grand Rapids MI
  • kl8ton
    On Friday a new law goes into effect in Michigan. No more having a phone in your hand while driving. I guess we are the 26th state to do this. That's when I get most of my work done!
    Grand Rapids MI
  • kl8ton
    I will have to get some earbuds and do some voice activated stuff.
    Grand Rapids MI
  • kl8ton said:
    On Friday a new law goes into effect in Michigan. No more having a phone in your hand while driving. I guess we are the 26th state to do this. That's when I get most of my work done!
    Lol that’s funny. We have the same law in GA, there are more people on their phone while driving than not. The cops could not care less in our area. Some people are simply not able to separate from their phone for any length of time, regardless of driving or not and it’s only getting worse from here. We need self driving cars asap. 
    Snellville, GA