Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

OT - What are you doing right now?

Comments

• JohnInCarolina
    JohnInCarolina Posts: 31,977
    "I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike
  • lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 33,485
    Nothing like realizing the temporary dental crown you got on Monday just had around 1/3 of it break off.  Didn't swallow it.  Now back to the dentist (maybe spot another exotic car in the wild) tomorrow AM. 
    I'm told that despite the salvage recovery I will get a new one!! B)
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • JohnInCarolina
    lousubcap said:
    Nothing like realizing the temporary dental crown you got on Monday just had around 1/3 of it break off.  Didn't swallow it.  Now back to the dentist (maybe spot another exotic car in the wild) tomorrow AM. 
    I'm told that despite the salvage recovery I will get a new one!! B)
    In my experience, the dentists are some of the people driving the exotic cars. Funny how that works…

• lousubcap
    @SGH -that styrofoam did pretty well for 3500' and 44 psi/100' depth or 1540 psi at depth. 
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • SGH
    SGH Posts: 28,810
    lousubcap said:
    @SGH -that styrofoam did pretty well for 3500' and 44 psi/100' depth or 1540 psi at depth. 
    It compressed them to half of their original size. That was cups with no lids so they was full of water and still compressed. Pretty amazing to me. With no lid on them I didn’t think anything would happen.  

Location- Just "this side" of Biloxi, Ms.

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

• lousubcap
    SGH said:
    lousubcap said:
    It compressed them to half of their original size. That was cups with no lids so they was full of water and still compressed. Pretty amazing to me. With no lid on them I didn’t think anything would happen.  
    I agree with no lids however in the cold evening of bourbon, the air pockets within the styrofoam were not vented/equalized thus the deformation.
    That's my story and now I can peacefully sleep.  Appreciate the additional info.

• Botch
    Botch Posts: 16,001
    After the first Shuttle disaster we (Thiokol) stuck a video camera to the top of one of the RSRMs, pointing downwards.  Was cool to see the launch video from that vantage (this was during the VHS period, before gopros and smartphones).  
    At about 1:45, the cork insulation covering the booster started spitting out little white globs; we called it "popcorning".  This was near-vacuum on cork, not massive pressure on styrofoam, but it is interesting how extreme conditions give you odd responses.  
    We didn't know what that popcorning was, by the time I left Thiokol.  The RSRMs separate at the two-minute mark, and it was cool to see them tumbling ass-over-teakettle (maybe 3 times/minute?) back to the ocean, and seeing the sky shift back from black to blue, just before splashdown.  

My career was mostly a failure, but damn I got to work on some neats things, over the years.   :)    

Curry smells a hell of a lot better than a Big Mac, just sayin'  

• paqman
    paqman Posts: 4,743
    SGH said:
    lousubcap said:
    The foam is full of air bubbles

Trying to install some HID headlights in the Tacoma .
    Had the driver side high beam burn out about 9 months ago and kept forgetting to replace.

have a question for the brain trust / need help

all of the lights work except for driver high beam (even new lights).. tried multiple lights and swapped around all ballasts…
    I put in an original factory bulb it works (and is repeatable test) I initially thought a bad connection and just got lucky with OE bulb , but then try and put in the different light nothing
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    Ozzie_Isaac Posts: 20,126
    edited June 2023
    DuckDogDr said:
    Trying to install some HID headlights in the Tacoma .
    Had the driver side high beam burn out about 9 months ago and kept forgetting to replace.

have a question for the brain trust / need help

all of the lights work except for driver high beam (even new lights).. tried multiple lights and swapped around all ballasts…
    I put in an original factory bulb it works (and is repeatable test) I initially thought a bad connection and just got lucky with OE bulb , but then try and put in the different light nothing
    My vote is a grounding issue.  HID are very sensitive to grounding.  Regular bulb may still work, but HID won't.

It is possible to commit no mistakes and still lose. - Captain Jean-Luc Packard

• poster
    poster Posts: 1,200
    Thinking of hanging some steaks out on the clothes line. Plenty of smoke in the air again today. Had a fire within 2 miles of the camp, but luckily it got put out by the water bombers. Rain in the forecast...hopefully its lots
  • lousubcap
    Congratulation @FrostyEgg .  Well deserved and now time to celebrate. 
  • Mark_B_Good
    Mark_B_Good Posts: 1,592
    The world is very cavalier-ish nowadays ... skipping important steps. I see this on major projects, as accountants, lawyers, etc ... try and make believe they are engineers ... and then this stuff happens.

Napoleon Prestige Pro 665, XL BGE, Lots of time for BBQ!
  • lousubcap
    Decided it was time to play with live fire-overcast and temperature in the 70's*F.
    SM grill with drop door open.
    On the rack is a pouch of fingerling gold potatoes and a garlic bulb cooker.
    Later a few pedestrian ABT's, some Italian sausage and a Porter Road ribeye will join the party.
    No BGE cheffing as the goal here is to mess about with fire.
    Paging @Ozzie_Isaac.  No. I don't get a commission. 
    Thanks for lookin. 
  • Dobie
    Dobie Posts: 3,446
    shtgunal3 said:

Currently have the Kawasaki Mule backed up into the weeds standing on the back of it picking blackberries about 10-12 feet off the ground.
    Blackberry 😋
    Jacksonville FL
  • Ozzie_Isaac

• JohnInCarolina
    squinting to see my phone screen
  • johnmitchell
    johnmitchell Posts: 6,716
    @ColtsFan. Fantastic John👏👏
    Greensboro North Carolina
    When in doubt Accelerate....
  • alaskanassasin
    alaskanassasin Posts: 8,063
     nice cause @ColtsFan
    South of Columbus, Ohio.

• lousubcap
    @ColtsFan - way to step up and make a difference. 
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    Two finger touch'n spread will zoom.

• Ozzie_Isaac
    That looks like an amazing event!

• JohnInCarolina
    Two finger touch'n spread 
    TWSS