Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

OT - What are you doing right now?

Comments

• lkapigian
    lkapigian Posts: 11,030
    Ibubbajack said:
    lkapigian said:

Dude, I would like the top half of that platter for sure! 

Thanks my friend 
    Visalia, Ca @lkapigian
  • JohnInCarolina
    JohnInCarolina Posts: 31,977

"I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike
  • Canugghead
    Canugghead Posts: 11,945
    Learned this hack to improve water leak detector response time, two teaspoonful on the right, followed by one teaspoonful on the left:

Video good for two days only
    https://streamable.com/vuuyo8
    canuckland
  • ColbyLang
    ColbyLang Posts: 3,754
    The first batch is currently boiling. Might be that much again still in the garden.
    Silver queen?
  • Gulfcoastguy
    Gulfcoastguy Posts: 6,606
    ColbyLang said:
    The first batch is currently boiling. Might be that much again still in the garden.
    Silver queen?
    Bodacious.
  • ColbyLang
    @DuckDogDr, what caliber boom stick?
  • SGH
    SGH Posts: 28,810
    @JohnInCarolina
    Any chance this is you?

Location- Just "this side" of Biloxi, Ms.

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

• I’m recovering from ankle surgery that was done today. They fused the joint to fix the pain from the bone on bone contact. 

XL BGE
    Plainfield, IL.
  • kl8ton
    kl8ton Posts: 5,597
    edited June 2023
    Just done. Current foster placement. #$$#@#$&

All the words.

/endrant
    Large, Medium, MiniMax, 36" Blackstone
    Grand Rapids MI
  • Gulfcoastguy
    Gulfcoastguy Posts: 6,606
    Sitting in the dark. A storm took down the power. The pup took advantage to try to rob the treat bag.
  • lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 33,486
    A quick learner right there.  Hope it's not protracted although the weather guessers love the high drama. 
    Stay healthy and safe out there-
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • ColbyLang
    Sitting in the dark. A storm took down the power. The pup took advantage to try to rob the treat bag.
    Car won’t power the house?
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    Ozzie_Isaac Posts: 20,126
    SGH said:
    @JohnInCarolina
    Any chance this is you?

Anus Tarts' are not a favorite of mine.

It is possible to commit no mistakes and still lose. - Captain Jean-Luc Packard

• Kayak
    Kayak Posts: 700
    kl8ton said:

All the words.

/endrant
    Sorry to hear you're having issues, probably with the state. Hopefully the kid is the focus sooner rather than later.
    We're suffering the first round of blowback due to my daughter's short career of petty crime and drug abuse. Now that she is trying to turn her life around, my oh so xtian SIL is excluding her from an important family event. P*sses you off when the drawbridges go up just when you need in. Commencing tit for tat.

Bob

New Cumberland, PA
    XL with the usual accessories

• Kayak said:
    kl8ton said:

All the words.

/endrant
    Sorry to hear you're having issues, probably with the state. Hopefully the kid is the focus sooner rather than later.
    We're suffering the first round of blowback due to my daughter's short career of petty crime and drug abuse. Now that she is trying to turn her life around, my oh so xtian SIL is excluding her from an important family event. P*sses you off when the drawbridges go up just when you need in. Commencing tit for tat.

Best wish to your daughter with making positive changes in her life. I hope your SIL comes around to be more supportive. Good luck. 
    XL BGE
    Plainfield, IL.
  • Don’t know if anyone has already broached the subject here, but the unfolding OceanGate story is looking grim. Hopeful for the safety of the crew, but it is sounding like rescue is improbable. Can’t imagine what their families are going through. 

Not to put @lousubcap on the spot, but I’d bet he has good perspective. 
  • lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 33,486
    As with every submarine lost event that plays out in real time, in the end game there are only two possibilities, on the surface or on the ocean floor.  With rare exceptions in history the ocean floor is the final destination, and if located the depth of water and strength of the hull will determine if a rescue is even possible. 
    From what I have read, this is not the first time this submersible has made a trip to the Titanic.  Those on scene are using all available options in an attempt to locate the submersible.  The location seems to fairly well defined around the Titanic but nothing has been heard acoustically that I am aware of. 
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • fishlessman
    fishlessman Posts: 33,191
    2.5 miles down in a tiny toy sub....what could go wrong.  do they not have backup toy subs to go look for them, calling for help should not be plan A
    fukahwee maine

you can lead a fish to water but you can not make him drink it
  • nealmgb
    nealmgb Posts: 74
     The capsule is not technically a sub.  It has no self propulsion capabilities which separates it from a submarine.  It is a submersible capsule that relies on another vessel for propulsion.  Limited number of submarines capable of that depth.  The news yesterday was that the US has no subs capable of reaching that depth.
    LBGE St. Louis MO
  • fishlessman
    fishlessman Posts: 33,191
    nealmgb said:
     The capsule is not technically a sub.  It has no self propulsion capabilities which separates it from a submarine.  It is a submersible capsule that relies on another vessel for propulsion.  Limited number of submarines capable of that depth.  The news yesterday was that the US has no subs capable of reaching that depth.

havent watched it much but it has 6 electric thrusters that moves it around on the ocean floor using a video game controller...
    fukahwee maine

you can lead a fish to water but you can not make him drink it
  • Mark_B_Good
    Mark_B_Good Posts: 1,592
    SGH said:
    @JohnInCarolina
    Any chance this is you?

Never heard of that kind of tart before.
    Napoleon Prestige Pro 665, XL BGE, Lots of time for BBQ!
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    Ozzie_Isaac Posts: 20,126
    edited June 2023
    96 hrs of air.

2.5 miles down.

I suspect the AC isn't working either.  Not sure if that means they will be extremely hot or extremely cold.

This is a bad situation.

I don't think we can count on "Builders of Memory" to save this submersible. (James Cameron's name for the aliens in his 1989 seminal movie "The Abyss")

It is possible to commit no mistakes and still lose. - Captain Jean-Luc Packard