Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

OT - What are you doing right now?

Comments

• alaskanassasin
    alaskanassasin Posts: 8,063
    Filling out a cut sheet, it’s like filling out Santa’s Christmas list.
    South of Columbus, Ohio.

• Canugghead
    Canugghead Posts: 11,945
    Definitely sinking. OP should have added BGE in the thread title, lol
    canuckland
  • fishlessman
    fishlessman Posts: 33,191
    burnt to a crisp, can you make one of these........

fukahwee maine

you can lead a fish to water but you can not make him drink it
  • kl8ton
    kl8ton Posts: 5,597
    We are hosting the daughter of a colleague of mine from France for a couple of weeks this August.  He wanted to thank us in advance so he sent us "some wine" which arrived today:

Is that like we know how much of a handful she is so you're going to need this to get through the time she stays with you?
    Large, Medium, MiniMax, 36" Blackstone
    Grand Rapids MI
  • JohnInCarolina
    JohnInCarolina Posts: 31,975
    kl8ton said:
    We are hosting the daughter of a colleague of mine from France for a couple of weeks this August.  He wanted to thank us in advance so he sent us "some wine" which arrived today:

Is that like we know how much of a handful she is so you're going to need this to get through the time she stays with you?
    Haha, not at all.  Just legit generosity.

My guess is that his daughter will turn out to be easier to manage than our oldest.  We’ve met her before, many years ago.  
    "I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike
  • HeavyG
    HeavyG Posts: 10,380
    kl8ton said:

I assumed it was just the colleague sending ahead what his daughter would normally consume over a couple of weeks - didn't want her to just empty the hosts wine fridge.
    “Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away.” ― Philip K. Diçk

• dbCooper
    dbCooper Posts: 2,321

Is that a French thing, selling wine in six-packs?
    LBGE, LBGE-PTR, 22" Weber, Coleman 413G
    Great Plains, USA
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    Ozzie_Isaac Posts: 20,124

It is possible to commit no mistakes and still lose. - Captain Jean-Luc Packard

• HeavyG
    HeavyG Posts: 10,380
    Nice light pole.
    “Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away.” ― Philip K. Diçk

• ColbyLang
    ColbyLang Posts: 3,754
    Ahhhh, this Bronco….bring it to the dealership, tire has a slow leak. 4pm….it’s free repair due to rim and tire warranty. Service tech comes get me…we need to change front shock, it’s leaking. Cool, do it. Won’t have it for 10-12 days lol. Wife taking Bronco to the beach Saturday. Shouldn’t affect the trip, but this thing has been a haggle for 15,000 miles thus far.

• Botch
    Botch Posts: 15,998
    dbCooper said:

Is that a French thing, selling wine in six-packs?
    Back when I drank wine I'd buy in multiples of 6 bottles, as that's how large the cartons are making them easier to handle.  I imagine, with shipping, that becomes even more important.  

Curry smells a hell of a lot better than a Big Mac, just sayin'  

• kl8ton said:

Exactly my thoughts. “Vin” is the French term for “rough ride ahead”. 😂
  • ColbyLang said:
    Ahhhh, this Bronco….bring it to the dealership, tire has a slow leak. 4pm….it’s free repair due to rim and tire warranty. Service tech comes get me…we need to change front shock, it’s leaking. Cool, do it. Won’t have it for 10-12 days lol. Wife taking Bronco to the beach Saturday. Shouldn’t affect the trip, but this thing has been a haggle for 15,000 miles thus far.

The tire issue could happen randomly regardless of mileage, but that shock…. I hope it’s not indicative of your future relationship with the vehicle. For the record, I’ve owned three Fords, all of which served me quite well with minimal issues. Hoping yours gets on the straight and narrow. 
  • @Acn

Where are you at? Sorry if I missed an earlier post. Looks picturesque, and the lobster roll looks very good and substantial. 
  • alaskanassasin
    That brings back memories @Acn
    South of Columbus, Ohio.

• I've now had 4 rye old fashion) with zero sweetener and just some luxardo cherriees and bitters. So I'm pretty buzzed surfing the forums. 
    XL BGE
    Plainfield, IL.
  • This cast is beginning to itch too....not a fan.
    XL BGE
    Plainfield, IL.
  • lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 33,483
    Coat hanger for the relief!
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • Ybabpmuts
    Ybabpmuts Posts: 962
    I had deep energy in high school once, and that was when Mister Dunn asked me to go up to the board, and all the way up there you're trying to pull your shirt down, and hunching over to hide what feels like deeper and deeper energy the closer you get to the board. Then when you're  at the board, you hope your written formula doesn't go from the top of the board to the bottom, because the answer is always at the bottom, but you're afraid your deep deep energy may erase the answer, as your proof reading the whole formula.

High school sucks, especially on giant boner day. There I said it 

• Ybabpmuts said:
    I had deep energy in high school once, and that was when Mister Dunn asked me to go up to the board, and all the way up there you're trying to pull your shirt down, and hunching over to hide what feels like deeper and deeper energy the closer you get to the board. Then when you're  at the board, you hope your written formula doesn't go from the top of the board to the bottom, because the answer is always at the bottom, but you're afraid your deep deep energy may erase the answer, as your proof reading the whole formula.

High school sucks, especially on giant boner day. There I said it 

XL BGE
    Plainfield, IL.
  • My teenage self feels this energy bro. My 50 something remembers it well with fond memories.
    XL BGE
    Plainfield, IL.
  • ColbyLang
    ColbyLang Posts: 3,754
    ColbyLang said:

The tire issue could happen randomly regardless of mileage, but that shock…. I hope it’s not indicative of your future relationship with the vehicle. For the record, I’ve owned three Fords, all of which served me quite well with minimal issues. Hoping yours gets on the straight and narrow. 
    Yeah, first year model vehicle blah blah blah. This is after the entire driver’s side front axle and CV joint were changed due to it leaking. The axle was missing a retainer clip. BTW, that’s front drivers side shock as well.
  • Acn
    Acn Posts: 4,444
    @Acn

Where are you at? Sorry if I missed an earlier post. Looks picturesque, and the lobster roll looks very good and substantial. 
    @GrateEggspectations - I’m in Maine visiting family.  The harbor photo is Camden and the lobster roll is from the seasonal takeout counter attached to my parents’ local seafood market.  I needed to swing by to get them a gift certificate for a combo Mother’s/Father’s Day present, and we decided to get dinner since SWMBO, SWMBO Jr, and I had spent the day walking around college campuses in hot (for Maine) and sunny weather.

LBGE

Pikesville, MD

• fishlessman
    Acn said:

how much they getting for lobster rolls up there near the coast, this years prices in the southern part are truly insane and there doesnt seem to be a justification with regards to live lobster prices at all.
    fukahwee maine

• alaskanassasin
    Acn said:

how much they getting for lobster rolls up there near the coast, this years prices in the southern part are truly insane and there doesnt seem to be a justification with regards to live lobster prices at all.
    I toured Maine in 2017? Somewhere around there and they averaged 11 per roll. What are they now?
    South of Columbus, Ohio.

• fishlessman
    Acn said:

I toured Maine in 2017? Somewhere around there and they averaged 11 per roll. What are they now?

im seeing prices 35 to 40 bucks right now. i did see 29.99 last week. live lobsters are 7.99/8.99 per pound right now which is inline with july 4th pricing. it takes a couple minutes to shuck a lobster if you want toi save every tid bit
    fukahwee maine