Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

OT - What are you doing right now?

Comments

• Ozzie_Isaac
    Ozzie_Isaac Posts: 20,228
    edited August 2022
    Five year pin 5 this week. 

What!?  I swear I remember you talking about starting this new career.  Congrats on the 5 years.

Maybe your purpose in life is only to serve as an example for others? - LPL

• Ike
    Ike Posts: 326
    Is that doughnut sugar under your thumbnail?   ;)  Congrats and thanks!
    Owensboro, KY.  First Eggin' 4/12/08.  Large, small, 22" Blackstone and lotsa goodies.
  • Five year pin 5 this week. 

This is the official “I have seen some $hit” pin. 
    Keepin' It Weird in The ATX FBTX
  • HeavyG
    HeavyG Posts: 10,380

What!?  I swear I remember you talking about starting this new career.  Congrats on the 5 years.
    I had the same reaction/recollection - 5 years have passed??? I would have guessed three.

Congrats to you @Battleborn! May you have many more safe and enjoyable years ahead.
    “Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away.” ― Philip K. Diçk

• johnmitchell
    johnmitchell Posts: 6,724
    @WeberWho. Wow!! That almost needs a post of its own. “Strange things you have found in Lump”😉😉
    Greensboro North Carolina
    When in doubt Accelerate....
  • lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 33,597
    @Battleborn - Congrats on the 5 year anniversary.  I still believe this country works because of the rule of law and you and your sisters and brothers provide that backbone every day.
    Stay healthy and safe out there-
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • WeberWho
    WeberWho Posts: 11,220
    edited August 2022

I have the song "Break Stuff" by Limp Bizkit playing in my head. Particularly the part, "It's just one of those days" on loop....

I've managed to call cops twice already this morning. For no good reason. I pulled my phone out twice from my pocket to look at a recipe at the grocery store and both times I managed to hit the emergency button while doing so. My phone goes full ape sh*t and starts blaring sirens and vibrating. I was like WTF is going on? I thought it was some Amber Alert. Next thing I hear is a voice. So I hit the end call button. A second later I get a call asking if I called 911? Not intentionally. Not even 3 minutes later I pull my phone back out to double check the recipe on my phone and my phone starts to go ape sh*t one again with the loud sirens! No! No! Nooooooo!!!!!!. This time I hang up while it's still dialing. A few seconds later I get a Sheriff calling this time. Once again I have to explain how I'm an idiot.

20 years of owning a cellphone and never once had this happen. Now twice in just a few minutes. The phone stayed out of my pocket the rest of the grocery store trip. It's just one of those days.... 
    "The pig is an amazing animal. You feed a pig an apple and it makes bacon. Let's see Michael Phelps do that" - Jim Gaffigan

Minnesota
  • ColbyLang
    ColbyLang Posts: 3,765
    My dad has same issues. Butt dials with an iPhone because he fails to lock it prior to jamming it back into whatever pocket it’s in. Makes it so much worse cus he has Bluetooth hearing aids connected and has zero clue he’s doing anything 
  • Acn
    Acn Posts: 4,444
    I did it once with my phone in the cup holder of the wife’s Outback.  It hit things just right, and suddenly “calling 911” popped up on the screen.

LBGE

Pikesville, MD

• shtgunal3
    shtgunal3 Posts: 5,815
    Happened to me in a Staff meeting at work. 

LBGE,SBGE, and a Mini makes three......Sweet home Alabama........ Stay thirsty my friends .

• Canugghead
    Canugghead Posts: 11,976
    Even with locked screen, I can pocket dial 911. I guess for safety, they can't make you jump through hoops to call emergency.

canuckland
  • JohnInCarolina
    JohnInCarolina Posts: 32,147
    Vindaloo in progress. 

“That looks like a good start but I suggest doubling the amount of garlic.” - @caliking, probably 
    "I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike
  • lkapigian
    lkapigian Posts: 11,065
    WeberWho said:
    WeberWho said:
    The first time firing up the little smoker since eliminating the lid switches. So I dump the bag of Royal Oak down the chute and I hear a thud.

The second channellock I've had come in a bag of Royal Oak. I figured the first channellock was mine and somehow found it's way into my BGE. I like new tools but just within the last few days I asked myself why I had so many channellocks in my tool box? I guess I need a 6th. If anyone needs new/used tools Royal Oak is your charcoal....
    You got me worried, I thought the firebox lost its bottom. 
    Hahaha. I know these aren't made with the highest materials but if you make it a dedicated smoker it should last awhile. I know they say you can use it at 700 degrees but you're just asking for trouble at that point. It should be just fine at lower temps. (Besides maybe the switches) 
    Even as solid as the Stumps is 400 max temp recommended….I rarely go above 275 
    Visalia, Ca @lkapigian
  • lousubcap
    @paqman - any time you can get aboard a ship (even a target) for a tour it is a great experience.  My appreciation to your uncle for doing the heavy lifting.  
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • paqman
    paqman Posts: 4,757
    lousubcap said:
    @paqman - any time you can get aboard a ship (even a target) for a tour it is a great experience.  My appreciation to your uncle for doing the heavy lifting.  
    I almost rang the bell 🤣😂

Searing off some SV pork belly 

~ John - https://www.instagram.com/hoosier_egger
    XL BGE, LG BGE, Med BGE, BGE Chiminea, KJ Jr, PK Original, Ardore Pizza Oven
    Bloomington, IN - Hoo Hoo Hoo Hoosiers!

• Ozzie_Isaac
    Making drunk hard boiled eggs for use in deviled eggs.

• lousubcap

Okay- I could google "drunk hard boiled eggs" but since it is Sunday-a link or recipe...Whatever happened to the " no teasing rule?"  B)
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    edited August 2022
    lousubcap said:

Okay- I could google "drunk hard boiled eggs" but since it is Sunday-a link or recipe...Whatever happened to the " no teasing rule?"  B)
    Sorry, I am drunk, and I am making deviled eggs.  My wife pointed out that I forgot to plug in the egg cooker thing.  Thankfully she checked after 10 minutes.

Have a veggie soup going on the XL.

• Just watched the Steelers defeat the Lions! Now on to the regular season!! 
  • Ybabpmuts
    Ybabpmuts Posts: 962
    Im making a drunk devil, hard boil his own eggs, then im going to cut them in half, mix the yokes up, season them, and put them back in the half whites, and feed them back to the drunken devil. Its the circle of life for mister hot pants. 

Ok I may be have been with some drinks recently in the not too many distances past the time of now,  of which im writing this, but honestly, who the hell named devils eggs and didn't see this happening when they did? Devils don't naturally lay eggs so it was only going to end in chaos 

Pffft .. amatuers .. 

Wait what? 

• lousubcap
    I am declaring victory as even at this late hour I went solo.   I found several recipes for drunken deviled eggs.  Hoping for an epifany , my search missed the mark.  And the beat goes on.  FWIW-
  • caliking
    caliking Posts: 18,809
    Ike said:
    Is that doughnut sugar under your thumbnail?   ;)  Congrats and thanks!
    That or meth. 

It seems like yesterday that I was in the academy. I absolutely love this job and the best piece of advice that I received and pass on everyday is “don’t be a d!ck”. 
    I don’t envy your job. Congratulations. 

#1 LBGE December 2012 • #2 SBGE February  2013 • #3 Mini May 2013
    A happy BGE family in Houston, TX.
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    Just got done watching a new movie you may have heard of.  Top Gun: Maverick

Not sure if it is the nostalgia, or if it was a great movie, but I absolutely loved it.  Makes me miss that era of movie making.

• pgprescott
    pgprescott Posts: 14,544
    Airport lounge. 

• Stormbringer
    Stormbringer Posts: 2,244
    Cooking some chicken for lunch in the Minimax

-----------------------------------------------------------------------
    | Cooking and blogging with a Large and Minimax in deepest, darkest England-shire
    | My food blog ... BGE and other stuff ... http://www.thecooksdigest.co.uk
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------