Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

OT - What are you doing right now?

Comments

• Suffice it to say it wasn’t the first or last time I took my little brother on a trip he mostly cried through and we laugh about now.
    South of Columbus, Ohio.

• fishlessman
    fishlessman Posts: 33,233
    Suffice it to say it wasn’t the first or last time I took my little brother on a trip he mostly cried through and we laugh about now.

my little brother is a better skier than me on everything except ice, i dont stop because he will take me out.  theres alot of icey slopes in nh to carve the edges on
    fukahwee maine

you can lead a fish to water but you can not make him drink it
  • Suffice it to say it wasn’t the first or last time I took my little brother on a trip he mostly cried through and we laugh about now.

my little brother is a better skier than me on everything except ice, i dont stop because he will take me out.  theres alot of sledding hills in nh to carve the edges on
    FTFY lol
    South of Columbus, Ohio.

• fishlessman
    Suffice it to say it wasn’t the first or last time I took my little brother on a trip he mostly cried through and we laugh about now.

my little brother is a better skier than me on everything except ice, i dont stop because he will take me out.  theres alot of sledding hills in nh to carve the edges on
    FTFY lol

i prefer ice covered granite goat paths with trees in the way over big wide fluffy fresh snow like they get out west anyday. if you are not breaking equipment wheres the fun
    fukahwee maine

• fishlessman
    kids playing on the bunny hill in the summer, no trees

fukahwee maine

• JohnInCarolina
    JohnInCarolina Posts: 32,147

FTFY lol
    Hahaha.

My cousin (also from NH) joined my family one time for a ski vacation out west.  We stayed in some resort type neighborhood near the base of the mountain.  It was nice because they had a shuttle bus up to the slopes.

First day there we were talking up the shuttle bus driver, just picking his brain (those guys know everything).  Here’s how the conversation went:

Us: this is our first time skiing this mountain, any recommendations?
    Driver: This is a really challenging mountain, even for expert level skiers.  Where are you guys from?
    US: NH
    Driver: Oh, forget what I said, you guys won’t have any problems.
    "I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike
  • fishlessman

FTFY lol
    Hahaha.

My cousin (also from NH) joined my family one time for a ski vacation out west.  We stayed in some resort type neighborhood near the base of the mountain.  It was nice because they had a shuttle bus up to the slopes.

First day there we were talking up the shuttle bus driver, just picking his brain (those guys know everything).  Here’s how the conversation went:

Driver: This is a really challenging mountain, even for expert level skiers.  Where are you guys from?

did anyone in your group even take a spill out there.....
    fukahwee maine

• JohnInCarolina

FTFY lol
    Hahaha.

did anyone in your group even take a spill out there.....
    No.  He was right - seemed like pretty easy going compared to what we were used to back home.
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    Ozzie_Isaac Posts: 20,228
    I am confident that I do not have a single supplier who can build compliant components.  Normally, this would aggravate me, but after the past 2 weeks, this just isn't enough to even make me raise an eyebrow 

Faith, Family, and friends.  The rest will still be there tomorrow.  If I don't show up, the company will still be rolling.

Maybe your purpose in life is only to serve as an example for others? - LPL

• fishlessman
    I am confident that I do not have a single supplier who can build compliant components.  Normally, this would aggravate me, but after the past 2 weeks, this just isn't enough to even make me raise an eyebrow 

Faith, Family, and friends.  The rest will still be there tomorrow.  If I don't show up, the company will still be rolling.
    The cost of my shop to be compliant got overwhelming.  National board, asme, and an inspector that worked nuclear power plants. The cost of those three were out of hand
    fukahwee maine

• Ozzie_Isaac

The cost of my shop to be compliant got overwhelming.  National board, asme, and an inspector that worked nuclear power plants. The cost of those three were out of hand
    This is why we get no-bids all the time.  Then we get a mom& pop shop that doesn't really know what it means to work with us bid.  Then we spend 10x trying to help them get compliant once they realize what it actually means, and we realize without our help it will never happen.

Big healthy shops are not interested in our business.

Electrical components are even worse now.  Everyday I get 99+ week lead times.

• fishlessman
    I'm. Urgently looking for a piece of sheet metal that I need yesterday. Military stop. Next mill run is October .  I quoted fixing it now with no guarantees it will last. Piece comes in tomorrow. Told them to buy the new  material today. It's redicoulously expensive. 
    fukahwee maine

• Ozzie_Isaac
    Cat Snipers have one fatal flaw

• kl8ton
    kl8ton Posts: 5,629
    Threw my back out Sunday. Went to a chiropractor yesterday. I tried putting air in a tire today. I collapsed on the ground in pain. Now I'm on the couch. Can't move.
    Large, Medium, MiniMax, 36" Blackstone
    Grand Rapids MI
  • GrateEggspectations
    GrateEggspectations Posts: 9,837
    edited August 2022
    Forget where it was, but someone was talking about jury duty a while back. Saw this and made me laugh. 

(Edit: Been experiencing a bug where pics won’t load. Can usually sidestep the issue by editing, but not this time, apparently.)
  • Legume
    Legume Posts: 15,059
    I know how rough that can be @kl8ton, hopefully it resolves quickly.
    Not a felon
  • JohnInCarolina
    kl8ton said:
    Threw my back out Sunday. Went to a chiropractor yesterday. I tried putting air in a tire today. I collapsed on the ground in pain. Now I'm on the couch. Can't move.
    Yikes sorry man.  I’ve been there and I know what that feels like.  Probably not a whole lot you can do other than to rest and wait for it to get better.  Frustrating, I know.
  • ColbyLang
    ColbyLang Posts: 3,765
    kl8ton said:
    My wife in the same boat. Orthopedic walk in, chiropractor. She’s moving around great compared to how she was when I found her this morning stuck in a chair
  • Canugghead
    Canugghead Posts: 11,976
    ColbyLang said:
    We were lucky when they built our house the plans included a cantilever into the garage so we could place a full size refer at counter depth (something I would have never thought of).  It is ridiculous they charger more money for a (smaller) counter depth refer. 
    I wish this were the case in my house. We were extremely limited (both on funds and space) in our home 12 years ago when we initially did a gut and renovation of the entire house. I would kill for a full sized fridge. Until the Electrolux plays out completely, it will be moved to the garage for overflow and beverages. Just so disappointed in a $3200 repair estimate to fix the ice maker and the water dispenser. I know those are both creature comforts, but a total PITA to do without with little ones. 
    That’s a horrendous quote. Like everything these days, the bells and whistles are the first to go and the steep repair costs mean it’s often simpler and cheaper to replace outright. 
    So true, our son's 6yo Kitchenaid fridge that came with the house they bought recently has a refrigerant leak, all things considered they're buying new vs. fixing.
    We’ve created such a wasteful society. Nothing is built to last and increasingly, items are junked at the first sign of trouble. Late stage capitalism. On that happy note, happy Friday all. 
    Fixing is easier said than done, tried many things, paid a repair guy, then another guy for second opinion. Don’t have the luxury of screwing around when it’s the only fridge in the house and you have a baby.
    I should clarify that my comment was not directed to you. Personally, I put the blame on the manufacturers. When we moved into our second home, a relatively new fridge had issues. We spent about $600 for the repair and then had to replace the fridge altogether only months later. While I hate junking items, it’s hard to invest in repairs after such experiences. 
    Apology for missing ^^^, no worries my friend. Apparently the fridge has an internal leak and both repair guys said there is no guarantee the fix will last, hence the decision to scrap. 
    canuckland
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    kl8ton said:
    Sorry to hear that.  Seems for me the only thing that helps my back is rest and muscle relaxers.  Acupuncture helps my neck (I have done the research and know it is quacker at it's finest and not even ancient Chinese, even though we all pretend, but the **** works wonders for my neck)

• Battleborn
    Battleborn Posts: 3,502
    kl8ton said:
    That is the worst feeling. I threw mine out awhile back at work. After a couple of days I YouTubed mobility stretches. After a few 20 minute sessions I was back up and running. It hurt like a b!tch the first couple of times, but I still do it at least four times a week. 
    Las Vegas, NV

• WeberWho
    WeberWho Posts: 11,220
    I've never had back issues up until 2-3 weeks ago. My lower back has been locking up. I've been using a tens unit and that seems to help relax my back for a bit. 
    "The pig is an amazing animal. You feed a pig an apple and it makes bacon. Let's see Michael Phelps do that" - Jim Gaffigan

Minnesota
  • DMW
    DMW Posts: 13,832
    I had back pain for years, tried all kinds of things.
    Had my gallbladder removed Aug 4th and woke up Aug 5th without back pain and every day since then. Sure sore shoulders/neck when I sleep wrong, but nothing like before.
    They/Them
    Morgantown, PA

XL BGE - S BGE - KJ Jr - HB Legacy - BS Pizza Oven - 30" Firepit - King Kooker Fryer -  PR72T - WSJ - BS 17" Griddle - XXL BGE  - BS SS36" Griddle - 2 Burner Gasser - Pellet Smoker
  • dmourati
    dmourati Posts: 1,288
    Welcome back @DMW!

Something I have to admit, I get confused between you and @dmchicago whenever bidet discussion comes up, blame senior brain fart  :)
    It’s funny you should say that. I often ask myself the same between @dmchicago and @dmourati
    Me too, because I also used to live in Chicago.

He's the one who can cook. That's how I keep us straight.
    Plymouth, MN
  • JohnInCarolina
    Made Sam the Cooking Guys Pepperoni Stuffed Crust for dinner. It was fantastic. 

That looks great man.  I’ll have to check out the recipe.
  • wwinnc
    wwinnc Posts: 74
    Long time lurker here- Great looking pizza and I hope everyone that is dealing with flooding is staying safe!  I have learned a lot and appreciate all the info and knowledge shared here on this forum.  There is a definite camaraderie here with lots of good contributors!  Seems to be more new people and older members posting that have not been around for a while. So right now I am wondering what has changed to cause this shift?  Seems to be a friendlier place!
    2 then 1 Large, 2 Medium, 1 Small !! Egging since 2013. God is good!
  • JohnInCarolina
    wwinnc said:
    Long time lurker here- Great looking pizza and I hope everyone that is dealing with flooding is staying safe!  I have learned a lot and appreciate all the info and knowledge shared here on this forum.  There is a definite camaraderie here with lots of good contributors!  Seems to be more new people and older members posting that have not been around for a while. So right now I am wondering what has changed to cause this shift?  Seems to be a friendlier place!
    Welcome to the party!  Post some cooks!