Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

OT - What are you doing right now?

Comments

• JohnInCarolina
    JohnInCarolina Posts: 32,147
    Botch the daughter looks mighty tall. Did you do the math?
    💀
    "I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike
  • lkapigian
    lkapigian Posts: 11,065
    Botch the daughter looks mighty tall. Did you do the math?
    was my thought LoL
    Visalia, Ca @lkapigian
  • kl8ton
    kl8ton Posts: 5,629

Tractor things
    Large, Medium, MiniMax, 36" Blackstone
    Grand Rapids MI
  • Canugghead
    Canugghead Posts: 11,976
    edited August 2022
    Speed thawing a brisket point for Montreal smoked meat, should have started few days ago.

canuckland
  • lkapigian
    Speed thawing a brisket point for Montreal smoked meat, should have started few days ago.

just thaw enough to get the rub on, it will cook fine frozen ( speed thaw on the smoker) 
    Visalia, Ca @lkapigian
  • Canugghead
    Canugghead Posts: 11,976
    lkapigian said:

just thaw enough to get the rub on, it will cook fine frozen ( speed thaw on the smoker) 
    Needs 10-day cure + 1day rest before hitting the smoker. Easier to apply cracked peppercorn/coriander and mummify with softened surface.
    canuckland
  • Acn
    Acn Posts: 4,444

New ceiling fan in SWMBO Jr’s room.  You can also see evidence of spackling in the background.  Next will come furniture moving and ceiling painting.  I’m back to work next 2 days, so I’ll miss the majority of priming and painting, hope to have everything finished and put back together before school starts Monday.

LBGE

Pikesville, MD

• lkapigian
    SGH said:
    Bought a new Canik METE SFX. 

Sweet!, where do you put the water in?
    Visalia, Ca @lkapigian
  • dmchicago
    dmchicago Posts: 4,516
    SGH said:

Ribbed for your pleasure?
    Philly - Kansas City - Houston - Cincinnati - Dallas - Houston - Memphis - Austin - Chicago - Austin

Large BGE. OONI 16, TOTO Washlet S550e (Now with enhanced Motherly Hugs!)

"If I wanted my balls washed, I'd go to the golf course!"
    Dennis - Austin,TX
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    Ozzie_Isaac Posts: 20,228
    SGH said:

I have never heard of this brand.  Anything unique or special?  Seems Canadian.

Maybe your purpose in life is only to serve as an example for others? - LPL

• SGH
    SGH Posts: 28,810
    They are Turkish. The unique thing about them is the trigger. The break on it is in the 2’s to 3’s. Excellent for an out of the box striker fired pistol. 

Location- Just "this side" of Biloxi, Ms.

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

• HeavyG
    HeavyG Posts: 10,380
    Turkish apparently.
    “Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away.” ― Philip K. Diçk

• Ozzie_Isaac
    Ozzie_Isaac Posts: 20,228
    SGH said:
    They are Turkish. The unique thing about them is the trigger. The break on it is in the 2’s to 3’s. Excellent for an out of the box striker fired pistol. 
    Nice!  Almost nothing is more satisfying than a nice light crisp breaking trigger.  Might have to look into them.

Maybe your purpose in life is only to serve as an example for others? - LPL

• SGH
    Brother Ozzie give me a call sometime if you like and I will gladly give you the pros and cons of this model vs Glock, S&W MP and HK. I own several models of each of them. Number hasn’t changed. 228-627-5400. Name is Scottie. 
    On a separate note, it would be a honor to get to speak to a billionaire 👍

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

• lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 33,597
    @SGH - All that and no mention of a Muhle razor.  How the world has changed.  B)  
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • SGH
    lousubcap said:
    @SGH - All that and no mention of a Muhle razor.  How the world has changed.  B)  
    I might have something along those lines to share brother Cap 👍

Status- Standing by.

• Gulfcoastguy
    Gulfcoastguy Posts: 6,632
    I just came from my first trip to an Aldi’s. It opened today a half mile from my house. 
    On the car side I saw a Mercedes’ EQS at the charging station around 4:30. It was raining or I would have taken a picture. Luxury electric sedan in dark blue.
  • Botch
    Botch Posts: 16,052

This map was extremely interesting to me. I've skied in one place in SD, MN, OH, CO (!!), WA, MT, three places in NM, and thirteen places in UT, my current residence. My two PE's have limited my skiing now, but I want to at least ski in AL once, just to say I've done it.
    It's also hard to wrap my head around that NM has as many ski areas as Alaska, but population means things, I guess.

When does an old joke become a "Dad" joke?  When it's apparent.  

• JohnInCarolina
    JohnInCarolina Posts: 32,147
    Botch said:

This map was extremely interesting to me. I've skied in one place in SD, MN, OH, CO (!!), WA, MT, three places in NM, and thirteen places in UT, my current residence. My two PE's have limited my skiing now, but I want to at least ski in AL once, just to say I've done it.
    It's also hard to wrap my head around that NM has as many ski areas as Alaska, but population means things, I guess.
    I would suggest just looking at the pictures of the ski resort in Alabama and tell people you’ve been, instead of actually going there and skiing.  

Because I have looked at the pics and, well…
    "I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike
  • SGH
    While I did not get a phone call from the forum billionaire, I did get a call from a true forum great. @lousubcap always a honor and privilege hearing from you brother. 

Status- Standing by.

• kl8ton
    kl8ton Posts: 5,629
    Botch said:

Define resort. A hill with a chairlift and a motel 6 nearby?  I'm in MI and nothing around me is worth calling a resort. People aren't flying in here to ski. I can drive 25 minutes to a ski hill and if skiing all out, I'm from to to bottom inside 35 seconds. Maybe the upper peninsula has good stuff and I haven't been up there to ski.  I can drive 3 hours north and be at a place much larger that takes a minute thirty to get down. 
    Large, Medium, MiniMax, 36" Blackstone
    Grand Rapids MI
  • lkapigian
    SGH said:
    While I did not get a phone call from the forum billionaire, I did get a call from a true forum great. @lousubcap always a honor and privilege hearing from you brother. 
    I am doing sweetbreads in your honor this weekend @SGH
    Visalia, Ca @lkapigian
  • SGH
    lkapigian said:
    SGH said:
    I am doing sweetbreads in your honor this weekend @SGH
    I am looking forward to seeing them brother. I hope you are wearing the hat 🎩 when you post them 👍

Status- Standing by.

• WeberWho
    WeberWho Posts: 11,220
    kl8ton said:
    Botch said:

Define resort. A hill with a chairlift and a motel 6 nearby?  I'm in MI and nothing around me is worth calling a resort. People aren't flying in here to ski. I can drive 25 minutes to a ski hill and if skiing all out, I'm from to to bottom inside 35 seconds. Maybe the upper peninsula has good stuff and I haven't been up there to ski.  I can drive 3 hours north and be at a place much larger that takes a minute thirty to get down. 
    That's similar to Minnesota. My friend groomed a few different resorts in Montana and California for work in the winters. He despises Minnesota for snowboarding after working on big resorts and living in Idaho for a short period of time. 
    "The pig is an amazing animal. You feed a pig an apple and it makes bacon. Let's see Michael Phelps do that" - Jim Gaffigan

Minnesota
  • lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 33,597
    SGH said:
    @SGH - The Muhle 41 is on it's way.  Should it be a bloody adventure as a head shaving scalpel, I will share with all.  No worries as the test run won't be for several days.  
    For all who read this, as has always been my experience, should you reach out to @SGH you will get a prompt return call and always with genuine insights into your issue.
    I did not ask about his prodigious food consumption, especially chargrilled oysters, as that talent was not the focus.  
    But he is eyeing a Caribbean island!   B)

Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • HeavyG
    HeavyG Posts: 10,380
    Botch said:

If you're going to ski Alaska might as well swing by Hawaii on your way back home. Technically there is no ski resort but so what... you can still snow ski in Hawaii!
    “Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away.” ― Philip K. Diçk

• The north face of Alyeska. The day I finally built the courage to ski that slope was probably the worst possible conditions, it was a sheet of ice. I remember trying to stop with my left leg all the way extended and my right somewhere above my head..
    South of Columbus, Ohio.

• fishlessman
    fishlessman Posts: 33,233
    The north face of Alyeska. The day I finally built the courage to ski that slope was probably the worst possible conditions, it was a sheet of ice. I remember trying to stop with my left leg all the way extended and my right somewhere above my head..

the trick is not stopping,it only gets you in trouble on ice
    fukahwee maine

you can lead a fish to water but you can not make him drink it