Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

OT - What are you doing right now?

Options

Comments

• JohnInCarolina
    JohnInCarolina Posts: 30,974
    Options
    roasting various plants for salsa 

"I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike
  • alaskanassasin
    Options

You’re killing me man, I am behind on salsa and always use pineapple. Are you canning or going fresh?
    South of Columbus, Ohio.

• JohnInCarolina
    Options

You’re killing me man, I am behind on salsa and always use pineapple. Are you canning or going fresh?
    Going fresh.  We’re having friends over for drinks tomorrow and I’ll have some of this out.  Will keep some for us and give the rest away to neighbors.
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    Ozzie_Isaac Posts: 19,085
    Options

Going fresh.  We’re having friends over for drinks tomorrow and I’ll have some of this out.  Will keep some for us and give the rest away to neighbors.
    I am trying to make a joke about vegetarians, inflation, poor friends not getting real food, etc.  However, that just looks to dang good.  I love roasted salsa, that pineapple is gonna be killer.
    A bison’s level of aggressiveness, both physical and passive, is legendary. - NPS
  • Gulfcoastguy
    Gulfcoastguy Posts: 6,297
    Options
    That pineapple salsa is great on hamburgers, tacos etc.
  • JohnInCarolina
    Options

I am trying to make a joke about vegetarians, inflation, poor friends not getting real food, etc.  However, that just looks to dang good.  I love roasted salsa, that pineapple is gonna be killer.
    I concur.

• Canugghead
    Canugghead Posts: 11,527
    Options
    Todays gonna be a good day.

Agree. Yesterday was good for me!

canuckland
  • HeavyG
    HeavyG Posts: 10,349
    Options
    Getting ready to put this on the egg @Teefus

Nice score!
    “Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away.” ― Philip K. Diçk

• lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,375
    Options
    @caliking - you are eating well right there.  Sounds fantastic.  Great skin on that lil piggy!
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • JohnInCarolina
    Options
    caliking said:
    After a 2 yr hiatus, a Puerto Rican colleague had his annual pig roast again. I usually help chop up the piggy, and eat their spread of Puerto Rican yummies… empanadas, croquetas, guisados, mofongo, etc. It's one of the highlights of my year :)

I’m surprised they let you do this while wearing a turban!
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    Options
    caliking said:
    After a 2 yr hiatus, a Puerto Rican colleague had his annual pig roast again. I usually help chop up the piggy, and eat their spread of Puerto Rican yummies… empanadas, croquetas, guisados, mofongo, etc. It's one of the highlights of my year :)

I am going to shut off the internet today.  It will not get better than this!
    A bison’s level of aggressiveness, both physical and passive, is legendary. - NPS
  • caliking
    caliking Posts: 18,731
    Options
    caliking said:
    I warned them to otherwise expect sweat and body hair chopped up with the meat

#1 LBGE December 2012 • #2 SBGE February  2013 • #3 Mini May 2013
    A happy BGE family in Houston, TX.
  • GrateEggspectations
    Options
    caliking said:

I thought this too!
  • SGH
    SGH Posts: 28,791
    Options
    caliking said:
    I warned them to otherwise expect sweat and body hair chopped up with the meat
    My grandfather swore until his dying day that was the main 2 ingredients in good gumbo. 

Location- Just "this side" of Biloxi, Ms.

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

• Acn
    Acn Posts: 4,424
    Options

LBGE

Pikesville, MD

• Ozzie_Isaac
    Options
    Shedding a tear.  My wife, bless her heart, cut up some bread yesterday and used the serrated bread knife on my cutting board.

• HeavyG
    Options
    Shedding a tear.  My wife, bless her heart, cut up some bread yesterday and used the serrated bread knife on my cutting board.

You would have preferred she just cut the bread on your countertop??
    “Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away.” ― Philip K. Diçk

• WeberWho
    WeberWho Posts: 11,027
    Options

You should be able to sand it down or bring it to a cabinet shop and see if you can run it through their wide belt sander a few times and it will look like new. 
    "The pig is an amazing animal. You feed a pig an apple and it makes bacon. Let's see Michael Phelps do that" - Jim Gaffigan

Minnesota
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    Options
    HeavyG said:

Yes.  Granite counters.  Or use the smaller cheapie wood board I have for bread.  You set it right on top and hack away to your hearts content.
  • Ike
    Ike Posts: 291
    Options
    Todays gonna be a good day.

Agree. Yesterday was good for me!

I did that... once!
    Owensboro, KY.  First Eggin' 4/12/08.  Large, small, 22" Blackstone and lotsa goodies.
  • ColbyLang
    ColbyLang Posts: 3,426
    Options
    HeavyG said:

Yes.  Granite counters.  Or use the smaller cheapie wood board I have for bread.  You set it right on top and hack away to your hearts content.
    Granite tops destroy knife edges. Pains me to watch people use them like cutting boards
  • Botch
    Botch Posts: 15,485
    Options
    My own Internetz research!

There are 34 "Springfields" across 25 of the United States, while there are 39 "Bridal Veil Falls", also across 25 of the United States.

"Pro-Life" would be twenty students graduating from Sandy Hook next month  

• alaskanassasin
    Options
    You can finally start using it @Ozzie_Isaac
    South of Columbus, Ohio.

• HeavyG
    Options
    sushi

more likely sashimi.

• fishlessman
    fishlessman Posts: 32,754
    Options
    HeavyG said:
    sushi

more likely sashimi.

i could say its stuffed with fermented rice but its probably full of rubber bass fishing worms.  he waited over an hour for me to catch that slimy  trout
    fukahwee maine

you can lead a fish to water but you can not make him drink it