Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

OT - What are you doing right now?

Options

Comments

• ColbyLang
    ColbyLang Posts: 3,431
    Options
    kl8ton said:
    Sitting at Best Buy curbside pickup. I could have walked in, picked out my items, drooled over things I don't need, stood in line, paid, and went out to a sit down restaurant by now. Afraid the second I go in, I will mess with the order of things. Sigh. Don't offer it if you can't do it well. 

Edit to say I only selected this option so the 4 kids with me wouldn't be in the store touching EVERYTHING.
    I had the same experience. Canceled what was “ready for pickup” after waiting 40 minutes. Walked in and out with the same thing in under 5 minutes. All behind me not wanting to bring the heathens inside the store
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    Ozzie_Isaac Posts: 19,114
    Options
    Just looked at my phone and noticed it’s 8:17pm on 08/17. Trippy. 

bruh … no way I just looked at my phone about half an hour ago and did the same and 

Haha!  So fake.  There is no 20:22 in a day.  You think we are fools.  Hours stop at 12.  Sheesh.
    They don’t want a population of citizens capable of critical thinking. They don’t want well informed, well educated people capable of critical thinking. They’re not interested in that. That doesn’t help them. That's against their interests. - George Carlin
  • MasterC
    MasterC Posts: 1,375
    edited August 2022
    Options
    Finding out Mrs.C has covid. She believes she was exposed at work. I guess I'm staying at the lake.
    Fort Wayne Indiana 
  • lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,396
    Options
    @MasterC- hope she weathers it well with no real issues.
    Could be a worse place to get "stranded."
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • ColbyLang
    Options
    Headed to back to school night. Yay
  • Gulfcoastguy
    Gulfcoastguy Posts: 6,304
    Options
    ColbyLang said:
    Headed to back to school night. Yay
    Or “Tag, you’re it!” night?
  • kl8ton
    kl8ton Posts: 5,429
    Options
    ColbyLang said:
    kl8ton said:
    Sitting at Best Buy curbside pickup. I could have walked in, picked out my items, drooled over things I don't need, stood in line, paid, and went out to a sit down restaurant by now. Afraid the second I go in, I will mess with the order of things. Sigh. Don't offer it if you can't do it well. 

Edit to say I only selected this option so the 4 kids with me wouldn't be in the store touching EVERYTHING.
    I had the same experience. Canceled what was “ready for pickup” after waiting 40 minutes. Walked in and out with the same thing in under 5 minutes. All behind me not wanting to bring the heathens inside the store
    They apologized and said must have been a glitch.  My name was up on the big screen behind the counter at sixteen minutes and counting. 
    Large, Medium, MiniMax, & 22, and 36" Blackstone
    Grand Rapids MI
  • fishlessman
    fishlessman Posts: 32,776
    Options
    Flash Gordon...purple death...cracks me up
    fukahwee maine

you can lead a fish to water but you can not make him drink it
  • MasterC
    MasterC Posts: 1,375
    Options
    lousubcap said:
    @MasterC- hope she weathers it well with no real issues.
    Could be a worse place to get "stranded."
    You've got that right. She's fighting congestion and fatigue. Get her meds intravenously due to her other scripts. 
    Fort Wayne Indiana 
  • CPFC1905
    CPFC1905 Posts: 1,866
    Options

Not yet a month in to the season and @eoin and I have already commiserated, pondering whether the anguish is really worth it.  But of course it is.  Come on, your team choose you, right?   

Gameweek #3, we go again. Back stronger! 

Man Utd in a hilarious FUBAR free fall, Liverpool stuttering, City faultless and Arsenal brim full of mojo.

Saturday 

Spurs v Wolves, this is no time to visit the sparky Spurs who are looking strong this season already.  Home win 3-0

Palace v Villa, tactical masterclass by the Eagles at Liverpool last week but a different kettle of fish this time out. No space of complacency or hubris. Going to have to take our chances as Villa will play deep and could easily nick a goal. 1-0

Everton v Forest, stronger than expected start by Forest while the abysmal launch by the home side will generate a torrid atmosphere. Tolerance of failure is not what the Scouse football fans are known for.  1-1 but scant comfort for Super Frank.

Fulham v Brentford, the least glamorous West London derby. Will be a tight affair but the Bees should have the edge. 1-2

Leicester v Southampton, equally nondescript starts to the season for both sides.  Foxes are in the doldrums but Saints are just plain mediocre. 1-0

Bournemouth v Arsenal, a spirited home defeat. The Gunners are flying and whilst their confidence remains intact all looks peachey for them. 0-2

Sunday

Leeds v Chelsea, a 1970’s classic. The fashions have changed but the intensity of the fans hasn’t.  Should be knock about fun with both teams fancying the 3 points.  Away win but only just 1-2.

West Ham v Brighton, absolutely typical - the filthy Seagulls travel to woefully out of form Hammers who are off the back of a European match mid-week. Can there be any more blatant gerrymandering?  Don’t answer that, bit close to the 3rd rail.  I can  just feel it in my bones, 0-1.  Please spare us David Moyes and find a decent performance. 

Newcastle v Man City, very close in terms of unimaginable wealth but still about a dozen top quality players apart in terms of squad. Fun but ultimately business as usual 0-2

Monday

Man Utd v Liverpool, a mighty shellacking incoming. 0-4 easily - could be worse.  The Reds will savour every minute of putting Utd to the sword.

Plenty of fun games to look out for there.   Enjoy the Speakeasy, almost wholly untainted by us Colonial types but perhaps @stormbringer will drop by after his evening of sommelier bothering antics?

Other girls may try to take me away 
    But you know, it's by your side I will stay
  • PhinnGerbang
    Options
    Saying hello!  Hello forum!
    Yes that is my real name.
  • lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,396
    Options
    @PhinnGerbang -Welcome aboard and enjoy the journey.  Above all, have fun.  
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • TEXASBGE2018
    TEXASBGE2018 Posts: 3,831
    Options
    I can't wait to see what kind of delightful posts you bring forth.

Rockwall, Tx    LBGE, Minimax, 22" Blackstone, Pizza Party Bollore. Cast Iron Hoarder.

• WeberWho
    WeberWho Posts: 11,030
    edited August 2022
    Options

I'd say, "Welcome" but it looks like you already gave yourself a hand. 
    "The pig is an amazing animal. You feed a pig an apple and it makes bacon. Let's see Michael Phelps do that" - Jim Gaffigan

Minnesota
  • nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    Options
    500 unread messages in this thread...jeebus
    Options
    Of Irish descent is my first guess.
    Options
    Watching Savannah Banana baseball on ESPN 2. How baseball should be played. 
    Las Vegas, NV

• kl8ton
    kl8ton Posts: 5,429
    Options
    500 unread messages in this thread...jeebus
    I know you have at least 20 posts to contribute to the what are you buying right now thread. Get on it.
    Large, Medium, MiniMax, & 22, and 36" Blackstone
    Grand Rapids MI
  • caliking
    caliking Posts: 18,731
    edited August 2022
    Options
    Frying an egg.

i'm calling you out for busting the yolk

Edit: that's a beautifully seasoned wok. 

#1 LBGE December 2012 • #2 SBGE February  2013 • #3 Mini May 2013
    A happy BGE family in Houston, TX.
  • FarmingPhD
    FarmingPhD Posts: 840
    Options
    Started out north of 18lb, probably ~15 post trim.  Should be good for dinner Saturday.

• ColtsFan
    ColtsFan Posts: 6,347
    Options
    Heading to the USPS. Passport renewal time
    ~ John - https://www.instagram.com/hoosier_egger
    XL BGE, LG BGE, KJ Jr, PK Original, Ardore Pizza Oven, King Disc 
    Bloomington, IN - Hoo Hoo Hoo Hoosiers!

• JohnInCarolina
    JohnInCarolina Posts: 30,978
    Options
    ColtsFan said:
    I just did that about five months ago.  Got mine turned around fairly quickly, hope it’s the same for you.
    "I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike
  • ColbyLang
    Options
    10am tee time. Soggy golf, yay
  • GrateEggspectations
    Options
    ColtsFan said:
    You’re lucky you’re in the U.S. In Canada, there is currently a HUGE passport backlog. Lucky for us, we previously opted for ten year passports, so are good for quite a while yet. Good luck with yours!
  • Canugghead
    Canugghead Posts: 11,533
    Options
    ColtsFan said:
    You’re lucky you’re in the U.S. In Canada, there is currently a HUGE passport backlog. Lucky for us, we previously opted for ten year passports, so are good for quite a while yet. Good luck with yours!
    Same here, what a pain it was when 5yr was the only option, considering it’s invalid for travel to most countries six months before expiry.

Not sure if they still have it, there was a time when India had 25yr passport IIRC!
    canuckland
  • Acn
    Acn Posts: 4,424
    Options
    Thoroughly enjoying the Arsenal game.

LBGE

Pikesville, MD