Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

OT - What are you doing right now?

Options

Comments

• Ozzie_Isaac
    Ozzie_Isaac Posts: 19,107
    Options
    Funny, true, true
    They don’t want a population of citizens capable of critical thinking. They don’t want well informed, well educated people capable of critical thinking. They’re not interested in that. That doesn’t help them. That's against their interests. - George Carlin
  • ColbyLang
    ColbyLang Posts: 3,429
    Options
    Watching football, drinking a basic a$$ white girl drink. Carmel pumpkin brûlée cold brew. Delicious. 

*Uggs not pictured*

😉
    Put on a pair of Ugg shearling slippers and tell me they aren’t the most comfy thing you’ve ever put on your feet
  • GrateEggspectations
    Options
    ColbyLang said:
    Watching football, drinking a basic a$$ white girl drink. Carmel pumpkin brûlée cold brew. Delicious. 

*Uggs not pictured*

😉
    Put on a pair of Ugg shearling slippers and tell me they aren’t the most comfy thing you’ve ever put on your feet
    Have never tried, but my wife wears Ugg boots barefoot throughout our harsh winters and she seems quite satisfied. 
  • Battleborn
    Battleborn Posts: 3,359
    edited September 2022
    Options
    Watching the ND/OSU game. I’m finding I don’t hate ND for no reason. Is it because Brian Kelly is gone?
    Las Vegas, NV

• JohnInCarolina
    Options
    Watching the ND/OSU game. I’m finding I don’t hate ND for no reason. Is it because Brian Kelly is gone?
    Maybe you watched the Manti Te’o documentary on Netflix?
    "I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike
  • Battleborn
    Battleborn Posts: 3,359
    Options
    I did. It was really well done. I think I walked away with more questions. 
    Las Vegas, NV

• JohnInCarolina
    Options
    I did. It was really well done. I think I walked away with more questions. 
    I agree.  There was a lot there I didn’t know about at the time the story broke.  I thought both of them came across fairly sympathetic.  I noticed today that Manti is a free agent.
    "I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike
  • lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,385
    Options
    Another teaser from @GrateEggspectations...waiting for the closer!
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • TEXASBGE2018
    Options
    Picked these up at Costco today.

Rockwall, Tx    LBGE, Minimax, 22" Blackstone, Pizza Party Bollore. Cast Iron Hoarder.

• Acn
    Acn Posts: 4,424
    Options
    Picked these up at Costco today.

I pulled one of those out of the freezer today.

LBGE

Pikesville, MD

• kl8ton
    kl8ton Posts: 5,429
    Options
    Just watched the Jurassic Park movie in a theater. It's been out a while and my 13yo wanted to go. I thought there was no way I would enjoy it. It ended up being pretty good. Tons of tie-ins to the original. Plenty of nostalgic value for myself.
    Large, Medium, MiniMax, & 22, and 36" Blackstone
    Grand Rapids MI
  • Legume
    Legume Posts: 14,627
    Options
    Can’t say I’m the least bit disappointed.

What temp did you sv?
  • lousubcap
    Options
    Any cook that satisfies the consumer is a great cook.  Bonus points for high praise from them and forum $$ shots!  B)
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • GrateEggspectations
    Options
    Legume said:
    Can’t say I’m the least bit disappointed.

What temp did you sv?
    I went 165 from frozen for all 40 hours. You can go as high as 180, which reportedly results in fall apart brisket. This was plenty fall apart for me. 
  • Canugghead
    Canugghead Posts: 11,528
    Options
    Harvested end of season bitter melon leaves, swmbo will make some chicken dish with it.

canuckland
  • ColtsFan
    ColtsFan Posts: 6,345
    Options
    Man I love this time of year 

~ John - https://www.instagram.com/hoosier_egger
    XL BGE, LG BGE, KJ Jr, PK Original, Ardore Pizza Oven, King Disc 
    Bloomington, IN - Hoo Hoo Hoo Hoosiers!

• ColbyLang
    ColbyLang Posts: 3,429
    Options
    ColtsFan said:
    Man I love this time of year 

Poor outing for LSU hopefuls thinking a running QB and Kelly would be their saving grace. What a dismal outcome from the special teams units for LSU, 2 muffed punt returns and 2 blocked kicks. 
  • paqman
    paqman Posts: 4,670
    Options
    @GrateEggspectations would you do it again?  how was it seasoned in the SV bag?  was it dry/juicy?

Options
    @WeberWho Great diagnostics and write up. Thanks for that video on MB switch preventative maintenance, I learned about dielectric grease.Apparently it’s great for spark plug and igniter tips, you can apply that while you're at it. And speaking of gas ignition problem I’m having fun with a Weber NG ignition challenge, will report back another time.
    First time messing with gasser problem. Helping someone with a natural gas Weber, it’s couple of years old, still under warranty, but ignition has been wonky since day one.

Igniters spark well but burner tubes would not light, they work fine with butane lighter. Scrubbing burner tube holes with wire brush and blowing with compressed air didn’t help. 

Called Weber warranty tech support and they started throwing parts at the problem one after another. New igniter kit, nope. New burner tubes, nope. New manifold … now we’re getting somewhere…when I removed the front control panel to disconnect the old manifold it dawned on me that something didn’t look right - the gas hose was tightly looped 180 degrees at the connection point with the manifold. I made sure it was fully uncoiled when I reassembled it. Voila!

Safe bet that the coiled gas hose was the culprit all along, the bbq was probably put together by some rookie at the big box. Can’t complain about the spare igniters, burner tubes and manifold though, also learned something new.
    canuckland
  • lousubcap
    Options
    What a trip back in time @WeberWho.  Thanks for the pics and video.  
  • alaskanassasin
    Options
    Awesome @WeberWho

I ran across this recently. 

https://youtu.be/5xDj45zF-l0
    South of Columbus, Ohio.

• johnmitchell
    Options
    Another really cool post!! That old girl must be running on Cowboy Lump😂
    Greensboro North Carolina
    When in doubt Accelerate....
  • WeberWho
    WeberWho Posts: 11,029
    Options
    Awesome @WeberWho

I ran across this recently. 

https://youtu.be/5xDj45zF-l0
    The 150 Case was the main show attraction last year. Hard to even wrap your head around something that big and powerful back in the day. Very cool. 
    "The pig is an amazing animal. You feed a pig an apple and it makes bacon. Let's see Michael Phelps do that" - Jim Gaffigan

Minnesota
  • Acn
    Acn Posts: 4,424
    Options
    Going through boxes of stuff  that we accumulated at the office and brought home with the transition to permanent telework.  Much harder on SWMBO than me; she has 6 more years at the agency than I do, and I changed centers about 3 years ago, and so had left 98% of my hard copy records behind.

LBGE

Pikesville, MD