Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

OT - What are you doing right now?

Options

Comments

• Canugghead
    Canugghead Posts: 11,515
    Options
    Watching tennis, Nadal just lost set#1 to US player Tiafoe and pulling his 'medical time out ' bs again. Similar to how he messed up the canuck Sharpovalov's momentum.
    canuckland
  • TEXASBGE2018
    TEXASBGE2018 Posts: 3,831
    edited September 2022
    Options
    Gents got a bit of a dilemma. I dunno what my thought was here but i put on some
    tritips indirect at 225temp around lunch time thinking it would take 3-4hours to get to temp(medium) (again dunno where my brain was.) needless to say they are at temp now but I wasn't planning on eating until around 5-6. What are my options here? 

1) Wrap in foil and then in about 3 hours take them back out and sear?
    2) go ahead and sear now then wrap in foil and slice in about 2-3 hours
    3) sear and slice now, put in foil pan and keep in warn Oven?

I don't want to give the family food poisoning as the internal temps are like 130-140 currently.

Rockwall, Tx    LBGE, Minimax, 22" Blackstone, Pizza Party Bollore. Cast Iron Hoarder.

• lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,341
    edited September 2022
    Options
    Edit:  Reed's site is up-give this a look-
    https://howtobbqright.com/2022/03/24/tri-tip-brisket-style/?mc_cid=230df1a179&mc_eid=9083be9fe6

I have tried to link up a recipe for Tri Tip brisket style from Malcom Reed but his site is down for maintenance.  Great reviews on taking the meat to brisket like temps.  You may find other sources via google.  

Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • Legume
    Legume Posts: 14,615
    Options
    If you have sv, I’d chill it quickly, drop in sv bag and sv at 140 for now and sear the hell out of it later.
  • TEXASBGE2018
    Options
    Legume said:
    If you have sv, I’d chill it quickly, drop in sv bag and sv at 140 for now and sear the hell out of it later.
    I don't. I'm thinking I'm just going to sear now and let it rest a bit then slice and keep warm till dinner

Rockwall, Tx    LBGE, Minimax, 22" Blackstone, Pizza Party Bollore. Cast Iron Hoarder.

• bbracey21
    bbracey21 Posts: 319
    edited September 2022
    Options
    SGH said:
    … I was feeling a little sentimental tonight so I chased them down with 1 pound of another personal favorite and a timeless classic. Smoked tuna dip. 

Ohhhh lawd that looks incredible! Smoked tuna is a favorite whenever we vacation at the beach. Usually bring a couple pounds back home. 
  • fishlessman
    fishlessman Posts: 32,749
    Options
    waiting for an open slot at the vet, my little brit was bit by a 150 pound rotti in the arse. hoping its just puncture wounds at this time
    fukahwee maine

you can lead a fish to water but you can not make him drink it
  • fishlessman
    Options
    he opened it up this morning big enough to slip a marble inside, currently waiting in his cone.
    fukahwee maine

• johnmitchell
    Options
    @fishlessman Hope everything works out well for a speedy recovery of your pup
    Greensboro North Carolina
    When in doubt Accelerate....
  • JohnInCarolina
    Options
    waiting for an open slot at the vet, my little brit was bit by a 150 pound rotti in the arse. hoping its just puncture wounds at this time
    That sucks man, I hope your pup is on the mend soon enough.
    "I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike
  • fishlessman
    Options
    not sure what was worse for him, getting mauled by the rotti on steroids, or 4 girls trying fruitlessly to give him the anal therm probe. kinda like trying to put a spider monkey into a cooler
    fukahwee maine

• TEXASBGE2018
    Options
    not sure what was worse for him, getting mauled by the rotti on steroids, or 4 girls trying fruitlessly to give him the anal therm probe. kinda like trying to put a spider monkey into a cooler

• HeavyG
    HeavyG Posts: 10,346
    Options
    If I could think of anyone that was, perhaps, actually speaking literally of trying to put a spider monkey in a cooler it would be you!
    “Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away.” ― Philip K. Diçk

• FrostyEgg
    Options
    Contemplating picking up a Recteq (gasp, I know...).

Wife is a hospital RN who works odd hours, we have a 4 year old daughter, and another little one on the way. Already finding it hard to make time to egg and I suspect my free time will continue to dwindle. 

Anyone own one?
  • lkapigian
    lkapigian Posts: 10,760
    Options
    FrostyEgg said:

Wife is a hospital RN who works odd hours, we have a 4 year old daughter, and another little one on the way. Already finding it hard to make time to egg and I suspect my free time will continue to dwindle. 

Anyone own one?
    Congrats on the baby!...........Don't think one is really a time saver over another, just simpler 
    Visalia, Ca @lkapigian
  • WeberWho
    WeberWho Posts: 11,026
    Options
    FrostyEgg said:

Anyone own one?
    Congrats! I've heard good things about the Recteq and Grilla Grills
    "The pig is an amazing animal. You feed a pig an apple and it makes bacon. Let's see Michael Phelps do that" - Jim Gaffigan

Minnesota
  • fishlessman
    Options
    HeavyG said:
    If I could think of anyone that was, perhaps, actually speaking literally of trying to put a spider monkey in a cooler it would be you!

not my fault, adults shouldnt give permission to let college kids unsupervised into a monkey jungle while they drink rum drinks from a 5 gallon beverage cooler. gotta ask you guys, whats the worst thing you did on spring break, maybe have whipped cream topped on an ice cream sunday =)
    fukahwee maine

• lousubcap
    Options
    @FrostyEgg - below is a link to a thread from two years ago that addresses your issue with tim
    OT My son (married and a one year old) wants a pellet grill ($700-800 top spend); inputs welcome OT  
    BTW he landed on the Rec-Tec (570 I believe) and really enjoys it.
    Yoder make a great one as well but a bit pricy for him.
    Hope this helps.
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    Ozzie_Isaac Posts: 19,043
    Options
    lousubcap said:
    @FrostyEgg - below is a link to a thread from two years ago that addresses your issue with tim
    OT My son (married and a one year old) wants a pellet grill ($700-800 top spend); inputs welcome OT  
    BTW he landed on the Rec-Tec (570 I believe) and really enjoys it.
    Yoder make a great one as well but a bit pricy for him.
    Hope this helps.
    @dstearn has a rectec I believe.
    A bison’s level of aggressiveness, both physical and passive, is legendary. - NPS
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    Ozzie_Isaac Posts: 19,043
    Options
    @fishlessman I hope your pup heals quickly.  
    A bison’s level of aggressiveness, both physical and passive, is legendary. - NPS
  • fishlessman
    Options
    @fishlessman I hope your pup heals quickly.  

the crown jewels are still in place.  chance he may need a wick in a few days, hoping the antibiotics kick in well. looks like a single bite/ three fangs broke thru. 
    fukahwee maine

• dbCooper
    dbCooper Posts: 2,081
    Options
    @fishlessman best wishes to your Brittany.
    LBGE, LBGE-PTR, 22" Weber, Coleman 413G
    Great Plains, USA
  • lousubcap
    Options
    In the interest of thread preservation here check out the Tom Nichols article in this OT thread-
    OT subject but worth a main-stream read- OT News Feeds...

• alaskanassasin
    Options
    Watching a helo search for a bolo a few miles to the south. Glad I’m in my seat not his.
    South of Columbus, Ohio.

• SGH
    SGH Posts: 28,791
    edited September 2022
    Options
    Just seen JAWS for the 6th day in a row. They have it playing in 3D in Flashback cinema for 3 bucks and some change. An oldie but goodie 👍

Location- Just "this side" of Biloxi, Ms.

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

• JohnInCarolina
    Options
    SGH said:
    Just seen JAWS for the 6th day in a row. They have it playing in 3D in Flashback cinema for 3 bucks and some change. An oldie but goodie 👍
    Great movie.  What’s your favorite line, Scottie?
  • SGH
    SGH Posts: 28,791
    edited September 2022
    Options
    SGH said:
    Great movie.  What’s your favorite line, Scottie?
    Quint describing Jaws: 25. 3 tons of him. 

Location- Just "this side" of Biloxi, Ms.

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

• JohnInCarolina
    Options

@GrateEggspectations and @Canugghead you guys are all over this!
  • Botch
    Botch Posts: 15,471
    Options

@GrateEggspectations and @Canugghead you guys are all over this!
    Just saw today that Doritos are coming out in both "ketchup", and "mustard".  

Remember when teachers used to say 'You won't have a calculator everywhere you go'?  Well, we showed them.