Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

OT - What are you doing right now?

Comments

• WeberWho said:
    Here is the recipe I use:

https://www.foxvalleyfoodie.com/sweet-and-spicy-pork-jerky/

I triple the recipe for a whole pork loin from Sam's Club. I don't use lime or liquid smoke. Instead of the garlic paste I substitute it for Huy Fong chili garlic sauce. 
    Thanks!
    "I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    Ozzie_Isaac Posts: 20,228
    Getting gas at Circle K for $2.99.

Maybe your purpose in life is only to serve as an example for others? - LPL

• fishlessman
    fishlessman Posts: 33,233
    Mother f..r
    fukahwee maine

you can lead a fish to water but you can not make him drink it
  • kl8ton
    kl8ton Posts: 5,629
    Per Litre?
    Large, Medium, MiniMax, 36" Blackstone
    Grand Rapids MI
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    kl8ton said:
    Per Litre?
    Per Gallon.  They have a promotion today from 4pm to 7pm.  $0.40 off per gallon.  I happen to be driving by when my fuel light went on.

• HeavyG
    HeavyG Posts: 10,380
    Solid looking table. Did you turn the legs?
    “Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away.” ― Philip K. Diçk

• Mattman3969
    Mattman3969 Posts: 10,458
    Amazon did.  Lol

-----------------------------------------

analyze adapt overcome

2008 -Large BGE. 2013- Small BGE and 2015 - Mini. Henderson, Ky.
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    WeberWho said:
    I wish I had some more time and better pictures but between picks in fantasy football, pizzas in the Blackstone oven, and working a deep fryer for the first time this is all I could come up with. 

Those were the first half of the wings. I didn't get a picture of the second half. The wings ended up turning out better than anticipated. I learned a few things between the first batch and second batch that can be applied towards the next cook. Without any previous experiences of deep frying and no manuals to speak of I'll consider it a success!
    That looks amazing!!

• fishlessman
    Pringles Scorchin Hot Ones Los Calientes Verde Crisps

breakfast......green pringles, these are friggin hot

fukahwee maine

• WeberWho
    WeberWho Posts: 11,220
    ^^^^^ Those are so dang good! Probably my favorite chip. Perfect balance of hot but still enjoyable. I unfortunately can't find them anywhere now. .

You should grab the Rojo version of them if you can find them. The heat is pretty intense. 
    "The pig is an amazing animal. You feed a pig an apple and it makes bacon. Let's see Michael Phelps do that" - Jim Gaffigan

Minnesota
  • fishlessman
    WeberWho said:
    ^^^^^ Those are so dang good! Probably my favorite chip. Perfect balance of hot but still enjoyable. I unfortunately can't find them anywhere now. .

You should grab the Rojo version of them if you can find them. The heat is pretty intense. 

will see how long they last on the shelves,  not big into pringles but these were good. made the mistake of opening the can on the way home without a drink. these need to be washed down with a cold beverage
    fukahwee maine

• Acn
    Acn Posts: 4,444
    CPFC1905 said:

Guess what? You can safely ignore swathes of my previous proclamations because the natural order is returning and the table is beginning to attain a familiar hew already.  The Summer transfer window concluded Thursday and cash strapped clubs still managed to spend £1.6bn.  Alright, I hear you bean counting calculator bashers hollering; instalments, net spends, factoring, activation clauses ra ra ra - but let’s just pretend that it’s all real and means something, just for once OK?

Eyes down - here we go. Please keep you arms inside the car at all times;

Everton v Liverpool : The Toffees are avoiding defeats but the Reds are at an 11 & 1 goal tally in two games.  Only going one way and that’s the Big Jurgy way. 0-2

Brentford v Leeds : there will be goals, distribution tilted towards the Bees but only marginally. 3-2

Chelsea v West Ham : The Hammers are starting to find some form while the Blues are all over the place, seemingly picking their results on a rotation basis with 2 wins, 2 losses and a draw so far from 5. Both need and fancy the 3 points. But 2-2 and nothing or merit for either party.

Newcastle v Palace : Undone by a second half hat-rick by Erling Haaland (a person, not affliction) last weekend and letting a late equaliser in  mid-week, Palace need to be far more focussed this time out.   It’s a tough match but some kind of result is not impossible. Much flair on display so the resistance of each defence will be the casting vote.  2-1

Forest v Bournemouth : 15th host 16th and those might be the highest position each team attains.  However, Forest have signed a total of 21 new players in the transfer window, so 3 of them can not even make the match day squad!  Whether that works out or not we won’t know until after Christmas. The Cherries have already sacked their manager, not for the 9-0 defeat by Liverpool but because he moaned about the owners in the press conference afterwards.  More gloom heading their way 2-0. 

Spurs v Fulham : Strong smell of goals in their air here, too.  Fulham currently over-achieving and Spurs have a head of steam built up.  Chastening away defeat or impish away win?  Probably the former 3-1

Wolves v Southampton : This season’s odd-bods. Wolves have started very slowly and Saints picked up an unforeseeable win against Chelsea. Regression to the mean incoming, 0-0

Villa v Man City : Away win - pick any number after the zero for Villa 0-4

Sunday

Brighton v Leicester : hidden in plain view, the gerrymandering of the filthy Seagulls fixtures  - now they’ve got the hapless Foxes who are finding new ways to self-sabotage on a daily basis.  What’s the point? 2-0.

Man Utd v Arsenal : A belter to round things off. Out of nowhere Utd have sprung to life and probably reacted like when you turn the light on in a hotel room and there’s a surprise mirror that makes you jump.  The Gunners are cruising, looking for a straight sixth win. Could happen, might not but will be fun finding out.  1-2

Now then. I have some dry brining duck breast to attend to a la @stormbringer https://eggheadforum.com/discussion/comment/2661960#Comment_2661960

Yeah, I'm not entirely happy that Ten Hag seems have settled things a bit before Arsenal makes the trip, especially given their injury make up at the moment, but it is what it is.  Hoping you're right there, and maybe it is a less nervy 2-1 than the last bit at Villa.

Now look, I don't really want to say anthing good about City - petro dollars have been an issue since it was Russian oligarchs rather than national wealth funds being thrown around and sportswashing is a horrible practice that has been getting worse over the last 10 years or so - but good lord is Haaland fun to watch there.

LBGE

Pikesville, MD

• Ozzie_Isaac
    CPFC1905 said:

Guess what? You can safely ignore swathes of my previous proclamations because the natural order is returning and the table is beginning to attain a familiar hew already.  The Summer transfer window concluded Thursday and cash strapped clubs still managed to spend £1.6bn.  Alright, I hear you bean counting calculator bashers hollering; instalments, net spends, factoring, activation clauses ra ra ra - but let’s just pretend that it’s all real and means something, just for once OK?

Everton v Liverpool : The Toffees are avoiding defeats but the Reds are at an 11 & 1 goal tally in two games.  Only going one way and that’s the Big Jurgy way. 0-2

Brentford v Leeds : there will be goals, distribution tilted towards the Bees but only marginally. 3-2

Chelsea v West Ham : The Hammers are starting to find some form while the Blues are all over the place, seemingly picking their results on a rotation basis with 2 wins, 2 losses and a draw so far from 5. Both need and fancy the 3 points. But 2-2 and nothing or merit for either party.

Newcastle v Palace : Undone by a second half hat-rick by Erling Haaland (a person, not affliction) last weekend and letting a late equaliser in  mid-week, Palace need to be far more focussed this time out.   It’s a tough match but some kind of result is not impossible. Much flair on display so the resistance of each defence will be the casting vote.  2-1

Forest v Bournemouth : 15th host 16th and those might be the highest position each team attains.  However, Forest have signed a total of 21 new players in the transfer window, so 3 of them can not even make the match day squad!  Whether that works out or not we won’t know until after Christmas. The Cherries have already sacked their manager, not for the 9-0 defeat by Liverpool but because he moaned about the owners in the press conference afterwards.  More gloom heading their way 2-0. 

Spurs v Fulham : Strong smell of goals in their air here, too.  Fulham currently over-achieving and Spurs have a head of steam built up.  Chastening away defeat or impish away win?  Probably the former 3-1

Wolves v Southampton : This season’s odd-bods. Wolves have started very slowly and Saints picked up an unforeseeable win against Chelsea. Regression to the mean incoming, 0-0

Sunday

Brighton v Leicester : hidden in plain view, the gerrymandering of the filthy Seagulls fixtures  - now they’ve got the hapless Foxes who are finding new ways to self-sabotage on a daily basis.  What’s the point? 2-0.

Man Utd v Arsenal : A belter to round things off. Out of nowhere Utd have sprung to life and probably reacted like when you turn the light on in a hotel room and there’s a surprise mirror that makes you jump.  The Gunners are cruising, looking for a straight sixth win. Could happen, might not but will be fun finding out.  1-2

Now then. I have some dry brining duck breast to attend to a la @stormbringer https://eggheadforum.com/discussion/comment/2661960#Comment_2661960

I love your column.  I hope you realize this is a volunteer position with no chance of promotion

• CPFC1905 said:

Sunday

There is a show on Amazon Prime called All or Nothing that followed Arsenal last season.  It's a complete access show.  I am really enjoying it.  They did one several years ago that followed Man City.  It has opened up the sport for me.  
    Midland, TX XLBGE
  • Battleborn
    Battleborn Posts: 3,502
    CPFC1905 said:

Sunday

How is Ted Lasso’s team doing?
    Las Vegas, NV

• CPFC1905
    CPFC1905 Posts: 1,950
    CPFC1905 said:

Sunday

How is Ted Lasso’s team doing?
    It’s recorded at my team’s facilities, the mighty* Crystal Palace. 

*subjective use of the word
    Other girls may try to take me away 
    But you know, it's by your side I will stay
  • Acn
    Acn Posts: 4,444
    CPFC1905 said:

Sunday

There is a show on Amazon Prime called All or Nothing that followed Arsenal last season.  It's a complete access show.  I am really enjoying it.  They did one several years ago that followed Man City.  It has opened up the sport for me.  
    There are also ones on Spurs and the Brazilian National Team.  They’re OK, depending on your Neymar or Mourinho tolerance.  I haven’t watched the Juventus one; but my favorite of all might be the one on the All Blacks.

LBGE

Pikesville, MD

• Acn said:
    There are also ones on Spurs and the Brazilian National Team.  They’re OK, depending on your Neymar or Mourinho tolerance.  I haven’t watched the Juventus one; but my favorite of all might be the one on the All Blacks.
    Agreed.  That one is probably my favorite.
    Midland, TX XLBGE
  • Battleborn
    Battleborn Posts: 3,502
    Acn said:
    CPFC1905 said:

Sunday

I’d watch if it was the Brazilian Women’s National Volleyball team. 
    Las Vegas, NV

•  I enjoy woodworking also- Nice table @Mattman3969 whats the finish gonna be?  Would love to see the finished product! 
    2 then 1 Large, 2 Medium, 1 Small !! Egging since 2013. God is good!
  • Several months back, I trimmed a brisket and then cut it into three 4 lb pieces before seasoning them heavily with S&P and then vacuum sealing. Tonight, I threw one into my doctored cooler and fired up the sous vide. Sunday night’s dinner in the works. 
  • Watching the Taylor Hawkins tribute concert. Great show so far.
  • It's opposite day. I knew it as soon as I woke up and realized that my bum smelled like underwear. 
  • Watching football, drinking a basic a$$ white girl drink. Carmel pumpkin brûlée cold brew. Delicious. 

*Uggs not pictured*

😉