Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

OT - What are you doing right now?

Options

Comments

• shtgunal3
    shtgunal3 Posts: 5,654
    Options

Having a cold beer after scrubbing the roof of our travel trailer. Such a pain in the a$$. Glad it’s done.

LBGE,SBGE, and a Mini makes three......Sweet home Alabama........ Stay thirsty my friends .

• Acn
    Acn Posts: 4,424
    Options
    Effing Madrid.

LBGE

Pikesville, MD

• Gulfcoastguy
    Gulfcoastguy Posts: 6,297
    Options
    Just cut the effing grass. 
  • WeberWho
    WeberWho Posts: 11,027
    Options
    WeberWho said:
    HeavyG said:
    Backpacking a Blackstone. That's a really dedicated chef! :)
    Haha. It was more bus camping. They would hike portions of trails on the MN/Canada border and bus back to the dedicated campsite. 
    Still, it was cold last weekend!
    It was. Anytime you can get some teens outside their comfort zone in the woods is a good thing. Even if brought in with a bus and trailer. 
    "The pig is an amazing animal. You feed a pig an apple and it makes bacon. Let's see Michael Phelps do that" - Jim Gaffigan

Minnesota
  • ColbyLang
    ColbyLang Posts: 3,427
    Options
    shtgunal3 said:

Having a cold beer after scrubbing the roof of our travel trailer. Such a pain in the a$$. Glad it’s done.
    Not looking forward to doing mine in the fall. Stays at the deer lease 365 days a year. Scrub, caulk, re-tape the seams with Eterna-Bond. Necessary work tho
  • kl8ton
    kl8ton Posts: 5,429
    Options
    shtgunal3 said:

Looks really good! Had a roof recoated once.  Come spring and all that coating was on the ground around the camper.  The story I was given was that product lot was on a truck that broke down and product froze.  They still sold it.  
    Large, Medium, MiniMax, & 22, and 36" Blackstone
    Grand Rapids MI
  • kl8ton
    kl8ton Posts: 5,429
    Options
    At the ballgame - perfect night for it

Tricky there as the sun sets! 
    Large, Medium, MiniMax, & 22, and 36" Blackstone
    Grand Rapids MI
  • lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,375
    Options
    @kl8ton Win-Win right there.  Way to power the project home.  
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • GrateEggspectations
    Options
    Watching the sky. 

A full week and counting without electricity. 

• SGH
    SGH Posts: 28,791
    Options
    Making chiken for some BBQ salads.
    Brother Ozzie you have always been one of my forum favorites. And I certainly respect your money in spades. With that said, I’m going to pretend that “salads” was a joke or an attempt at humor. 

Location- Just "this side" of Biloxi, Ms.

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

• alaskanassasin
    alaskanassasin Posts: 7,656
    Options
    Wow @GrateEggspectations that is crazy. Hope you are getting along ok and making the best of it.
    South of Columbus, Ohio.

• JohnInCarolina
    JohnInCarolina Posts: 30,974
    Options
    SGH said:
    Brother Ozzie you have always been one of my forum favorites. And I certainly respect your money in spades. With that said, I’m going to pretend that “salads” was a joke or an attempt at humor. 
    Don’t worry Scotty it’s anus salad.
    "I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike
  • GrateEggspectations
    Options
    Wow @GrateEggspectations that is crazy. Hope you are getting along ok and making the best of it.
    Thank you for that. We had a storm that was quite severe. Our neighbours is one of the very last they’re working on restoring. 
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    Ozzie_Isaac Posts: 19,085
    Options
    SGH said:
    Sadly, I asked my wife what she wanted.  She said BBQ salad.  One chicken was for her salad.  I just ate all the chicken trimmings I wanted and left the greenery for her.  I also made an extra Japanese BBQ Sauce chicken just for me, incase all the other chicken touched some salad.
    A bison’s level of aggressiveness, both physical and passive, is legendary. - NPS
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    Options
    Watching the sky. 

I acknowledge your post.  The sky is beautiful, but the lack of a return path for electrons is no bueno.
    A bison’s level of aggressiveness, both physical and passive, is legendary. - NPS
  • theyolksonyou
    theyolksonyou Posts: 18,458
    Options
    Watching the sky. 

I acknowledge your post.  The sky is beautiful, but the lack of a return path for electrons is no bueno.
    Sounds like one too many corporate training sessions for someone. 
  • lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,375
    Options
    @GrateEggspectations - any projection on restoration??  You must have taken a direct hit for it to be out that long.  
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • shtgunal3
    Options
    @kl8ton that’s a nice addition. We weren’t able to get out this weekend. Getting it cleaned up for next weekend and plan to go on Fathers Day weekend as well.

LBGE,SBGE, and a Mini makes three......Sweet home Alabama........ Stay thirsty my friends .

• shtgunal3
    Options
    @ColbyLang pick a nice cloudy day. I am beyond sunburned!

• ColbyLang
    ColbyLang Posts: 3,427
    Options
    shtgunal3 said:
    @ColbyLang pick a nice cloudy day. I am beyond sunburned!
    Hate to hear that. Who knew scrubbing 400 sq foot of roof would expose you for that long. 
  • Ybabpmuts
    Ybabpmuts Posts: 940
    Options
    Watching my daughter ride her Thoroughbred, prepping for a competition tomorrow, glad she's paying for it all now. I could have easily gotten a lakefront vacation home for all the money it cost us. Board is one thing .. but all the vet bills, the chiropractor, the saddle fitter, the farrier, the acupuncturist, the messages, the dentist. and the tack are the real killers on the wallet. I can't see a lake from my house, but she really loves this.  so I'd do it all over in a heartbeat 
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    Options
    Ybabpmuts said:
    Watching my daughter ride her Thoroughbred, prepping for a competition tomorrow, glad she's paying for it all now. I could have easily gotten a lakefront vacation home for all the money it cost us. Board is one thing .. but all the vet bills, the chiropractor, the saddle fitter, the farrier, the acupuncturist, the messages, the dentist. and the tack are the real killers on the wallet. I can't see a lake from my house, but she really loves this.  so I'd do it all over in a heartbeat 
    Pretty excited, just found my regular feed back in stock for only $19.99/bag.  It was $13.99 about 18 months ago, but had gone up to $23.99 and was real hard to find.

• paqman
    paqman Posts: 4,670
    Options
    Watching the sky. 

That is a long time without electricity!  Any damage to the property?

We got away with less than an hour without electricity, damage to the roof on the shed, and damage to the electricity conduit.  The neighbours fence is totally destroyed, they have damage to the roof on the house, gazebo is destroyed and I could keep going on.  We got very lucky!  I was on my way back home when the storm hit with no sign of what was coming until I started getting alerts from the security system…