Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

OT - What are you doing right now?

Options

Comments

• JohnInCarolina
    JohnInCarolina Posts: 31,022
    Options
    Yeah, but… can you golf on it?
    "I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike
  • Ybabpmuts
    Ybabpmuts Posts: 946
    edited June 2022
    Options
    I had a fence like that, almost the same height too. I had it because I was living with a bunch of short criminals and had to keep them in the perimeter. I'm hoping your fence is not because you live with criminals because weird things will definitely happen, everything will go along fine for a short while, then one day the toilet paper will be hung upside down and while your trying to figure THAT out, everything you own will be taken from you, including all of your spices.

Never mind, I see your neighbors roofs are slanted back towards your yard , right at the top of the fence. I see what's going on here .. They had a low flying duck problem, you love ducks, so you moved behind them and did that as a giant duck catcher, the ducks hit their roofs and land in your yard. Brilliant indeed. I love ducks, but I can't do what you did because I'm still trying to replace all my furniture.

Duckless in Denver.
  • WeberWho
    WeberWho Posts: 11,038
    Options
    Probably just baseball
    "The pig is an amazing animal. You feed a pig an apple and it makes bacon. Let's see Michael Phelps do that" - Jim Gaffigan

Minnesota
  • TEXASBGE2018
    TEXASBGE2018 Posts: 3,831
    Options
    And since this is a BGE forum and I haven't posted a cook in awhile. Here are some hotdogs. 

Rockwall, Tx    LBGE, Minimax, 22" Blackstone, Pizza Party Bollore. Cast Iron Hoarder.

• Ozzie_Isaac
    Ozzie_Isaac Posts: 19,173
    edited June 2022
    Options
    WeberWho said:
    Probably just baseball

Well played. Please take my upvote.
    They don’t want a population of citizens capable of critical thinking. They don’t want well informed, well educated people capable of critical thinking. They’re not interested in that. That doesn’t help them. That's against their interests. - George Carlin
  • MediumRarely
    MediumRarely Posts: 270
    Options

Could be the second cut at the US Open.

Always act so that you can tell the truth about how you act.

• theyolksonyou
    theyolksonyou Posts: 18,459
    Options
    ColtsFan said:
    Officially unemployed for the next 36 hours or so. As someone who used to live and breathe work email, it feels weird not checking it (well, I still try but there’s nothing there). 

Change is good. 
    I took the whole fourth qtr off 2021. (Involuntarily) Hadn’t missed a single day of work in over 25yrs.  It’s a strange feeling. 
  • MediumRarely
    MediumRarely Posts: 270
    Options
    CPFC1905 said:
    @MediumRarely
    I hope you enjoyed your tours in both countries.  Naturally @JohnInCarolina will question the integrity of your roof, and, alignment of your teeth from this point forward as you have set foot in the UK.

Indulge me with your high & low lights of the seat of empire, and, the land of the cheese eaters.

Once I get home, I will put together a few interesting pic's for you. Provence-Alpes-Côte d'Azur (Region), Calanques, Paris, Normandy and London. Will probably not be covering the week and a half sailing on the Med with friends - pic's inadequate must be experienced (plus SWMBO restrictions due to optional clothing mandate).  Soon...

Always act so that you can tell the truth about how you act.

• dbCooper
    dbCooper Posts: 2,093
    Options

Is a GPS driving or are you drinking while farming?  😁
    LBGE, LBGE-PTR, 22" Weber, Coleman 413G
    Great Plains, USA
  • Botch
    Botch Posts: 15,500
    Options
    Picked up an iPhone 13 Pro this weekend, just got finished cutting so here are some updates of the yard. @FATC1TY  has me beat but I'm pretty happy with how it's looking this year.

Very jealous, and I have to ask: do you water with well water, rain, or reservoir water (if that even exists in Texas)?  
    My primary water (faucet, in-home) is well water, but I irrigate with reservoir (secondary) water, which they turned off for an extra month this spring because of the draught, AND in my particular Riverdale neighborhood its STILL not turned on, because of "pipe issues" (they pulled that excuse last summer for 10 weeks).  They still send me a water bill every month.
    My yard is basically dead now.  We got 1.6" of rain this past weekend, but a quick tour of the backyard tonight I saw the weeks/fescue are beating the grass to the punch.  I may mow one more time this year and then look into xeriscaping; we just don't have the water/intelligent city management for me to have a lawn anymore.  

"The reason I go out with young men is because men my age or older — well, now they’re all dead."   

-Cher

• alaskanassasin
    alaskanassasin Posts: 7,686
    Options
    dbCooper said:

Is a GPS driving or are you drinking while farming?  😁
    I have thought hard about gps but I usually start so early and run so late I almost fall asleep while holding the wheel… 
    South of Columbus, Ohio.

• TEXASBGE2018
    TEXASBGE2018 Posts: 3,831
    Options
    Botch said:
    Picked up an iPhone 13 Pro this weekend, just got finished cutting so here are some updates of the yard. @FATC1TY  has me beat but I'm pretty happy with how it's looking this year.

Very jealous, and I have to ask: do you water with well water, rain, or reservoir water (if that even exists in Texas)?  
    My primary water (faucet, in-home) is well water, but I irrigate with reservoir (secondary) water, which they turned off for an extra month this spring because of the draught, AND in my particular Riverdale neighborhood its STILL not turned on, because of "pipe issues" (they pulled that excuse last summer for 10 weeks).  They still send me a water bill every month.
    My yard is basically dead now.  We got 1.6" of rain this past weekend, but a quick tour of the backyard tonight I saw the weeks/fescue are beating the grass to the punch.  I may mow one more time this year and then look into xeriscaping; we just don't have the water/intelligent city management for me to have a lawn anymore.  
    I have an irrigation system. We use reservoir water. We have about 8 huge lakes in the Dallas area. I only water twice a week currently. We've had several gully washers over the last month. Still about 6"-8" low on our rainfall totals for the year though. I think technically we are still in drought conditions but no water restrictions so far this year. It's been way cooler than normal. Last week we had 3 days in the 60s with lows in the lower 50s it's been a weird spring this year. 

Rockwall, Tx    LBGE, Minimax, 22" Blackstone, Pizza Party Bollore. Cast Iron Hoarder.

• dbCooper
    dbCooper Posts: 2,093
    Options
    Buffalo grass may be worth a look if yard renovation is in your future.  turf.unl.edu can get you started.
    LBGE, LBGE-PTR, 22" Weber, Coleman 413G
    Great Plains, USA
  • CPFC1905
    CPFC1905 Posts: 1,870
    Options
    CPFC1905 said:
    @MediumRarely
    I hope you enjoyed your tours in both countries.  Naturally @JohnInCarolina will question the integrity of your roof, and, alignment of your teeth from this point forward as you have set foot in the UK.

Indulge me with your high & low lights of the seat of empire, and, the land of the cheese eaters.

Once I get home, I will put together a few interesting pic's for you. Provence-Alpes-Côte d'Azur (Region), Calanques, Paris, Normandy and London. Will probably not be covering the week and a half sailing on the Med with friends - pic's inadequate must be experienced (plus SWMBO restrictions due to optional clothing mandate).  Soon...

Standing-by.

South of France is lovely, we're off to Beziers in September.  
    Daughter was married near Orange, north of Avignon, a few years back. We drove there & back, overnighting near Reims each way and checking in at the champagne house sharing our family name.  (They were friendly but wholly unimpressed by the coincidence and my hopes of inheriting a vineyard were dashed). 

The Normandy tours bring home the epic sale of D-Day. Walking amongst the headstones makes the scale of loss so tangible but at the same time even more incomprehensible.   

I hope London wasn't a dismal end to your trip, but I suspect it was after the glories offered by our Gallic neighbours. 
    Other girls may try to take me away 
    But you know, it's by your side I will stay
  • CPFC1905
    Options

I can give you my impressions, London is cold in December and your most vaunted restraunts will not take reservations for 1.  Shake Shack in London was real good though.
    I take issue with London being cold in December,  it's cold for about 320 days a year - freezing on 40 others and blistering hot on the remaining days randomly spread through the year.  Unwelcoming every day, though.

I agree that our comprehension of better-end dining is confused.  The prevailing atmosphere is that customers are an inconvenience. A pretentious attitude to food and reverence of chefs are the priority.  
    I do hope you didn't ask to swap components between items on the menu? An offence punishable by a trip to a British dentist. 
  • JohnInCarolina
    Options
    CPFC1905 said:

I can give you my impressions, London is cold in December and your most vaunted restraunts will not take reservations for 1.  Shake Shack in London was real good though.
    I take issue with London being cold in December,  it's cold for about 320 days a year - freezing on 40 others and blistering hot on the remaining days randomly spread through the year.  Unwelcoming every day, though.

I agree that our comprehension of better-end dining is confused.  The prevailing atmosphere is that customers are an inconvenience. A pretentious attitude to food and reverence of chefs are the priority.  
    I do hope you didn't ask to swap components between items on the menu? An offence punishable by a trip to a British dentist. 
    Is a trip to a British dentist really punishment though?  As far as I can tell, they don’t actually do anything.  

Over here our dentists are all sadists who mostly look at your mouth as the opportunity to play with their newest set of medieval torture tools.  
  • CPFC1905
    Options

Is a trip to a British dentist really punishment though?  As far as I can tell, they don’t actually do anything.  

Over here our dentists are all sadists who mostly look at your mouth as the opportunity to play with their newest set of medieval torture tools.  
    They are pretty efficient at charging for their time spent making judgmental remarks about your diet and cleaning regime, in my experience.
  • JohnInCarolina
    Options
    CPFC1905 said:

They are pretty efficient at charging for their time spent making judgmental remarks about your diet and cleaning regime, in my experience.
    Oh yeah, ours do that too.  The other cute trick they pull is to try and carry a conversation with you right after they've shot you all up with anesthetics and you have tools hanging out of your mouth. 

• alaskanassasin
    alaskanassasin Posts: 7,686
    Options
    Nice mower @ColtsFan I like the rubber isolators
    South of Columbus, Ohio.

• kl8ton
    kl8ton Posts: 5,431
    Options
    Admiring how fast pollen can coat a vehicle.  

Admiring might not be the correct word. 
    Large, Medium, MiniMax, & 22, and 36" Blackstone
    Grand Rapids MI
  • nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    Options

Options
    Rolls of Velcro are great for mass organizing efforts.
    Options
    Rolls of Velcro are great for mass organizing efforts.
    Have you tried to Velcro yourself to the ceiling yet and wait for Bridget to come home?

If not… it was not me who gave you this idea.
  • GrateEggspectations
    Options
    ColtsFan said:
    I’d call it an upgrade. Giving my 75 year old father the craftsman. 

Unless this has already made its way to the exotics thread and I have missed it, I will mention that I deem it highly deserved.