Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

OT - What are you doing right now?

Comments

• Ybabpmuts
    Ybabpmuts Posts: 917
    Is that where the Ono birds are from?
  • Ybabpmuts
    The male Ono birds have balls the size of walnuts, but they're legs are only have as big. When they come in for a landing they always screech Ono Ono Ono!

Stump
  • dbCooper
    dbCooper Posts: 2,061
    Birds Aren't Real.  I don't think the Ono birds made it into the replacement program.
    LBGE, LBGE-PTR, 22" Weber, Coleman 413G
    Great Plains, USA
  • Ybabpmuts
    I find it hard to believe our government can replace all the birds with exact flying replicas to spy on us all. If you go to the spy museum, you'll see a fake scrotum that was designed to hold a recording device. It looks realistic, but they never ever used it. That means it wasn't realistic enough to fool anybody. This was made by our government, which we all know are all old white men. They all have scrotums that they see and touch every single day, and they still got it wrong. Birds are a lot harder to catch too because of the whole flight thing.

Given all that ...This whole Bird's Aren't Real thing would be far more believable if birds were more like scrotums or scrotums were more birdlike.

I vote for scrotums to be more birdlike. I'd like one with big wings so it flap them to dry itself off ... right out of the shower and also .. because I always wanted to go out and sit naked in the birdbath out front, and that's the only way that'd make any sense at all.

StumpBaby
  • ColtsFan
    ColtsFan Posts: 6,310
    Spraying Talstar P out back. Skeeters and gnats are ferocious. 
    ~ John - https://www.instagram.com/hoosier_egger
    XL BGE, LG BGE, KJ Jr, PK Original, Ardore Pizza Oven, King Disc 
    Bloomington, IN - Hoo Hoo Hoo Hoosiers!

• kl8ton said:

Having a pretty good memorial day weekend.  Some rigs on sites we finished hours before their arrival.  They are enjoying sewer which they did not know their site would have.  Grass growth to follow.  
    You out there for the summer? 
    Keepin' It Weird in The ATX FBTX
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    Ozzie_Isaac Posts: 18,945
    kl8ton said:

Having a pretty good memorial day weekend.  Some rigs on sites we finished hours before their arrival.  They are enjoying sewer which they did not know their site would have.  Grass growth to follow.  
    He owns the whole shootin' match.  He is in it for the long haul.
    A bison’s level of aggressiveness, both physical and passive, is legendary. - NPS
  • lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,170
    The cash cow-and well done given his occupancy numbers.  
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • kl8ton said:

Im aware- it’s a seasonal gig. Just wondering if “it’s on”‘and he out there dealing with the dipsh!ts full time lol. Summers are busy for kl8ton. 
    Keepin' It Weird in The ATX FBTX
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    kl8ton said:

Im aware- it’s a seasonal gig. Just wondering if “it’s on”‘and he out there dealing with the dipsh!ts full time lol. Summers are busy for kl8ton. 
    Ah, yeah.  I assumed he lived on site year round.. Didn't realize he could get away.  I would love the job, except for the people part.
    A bison’s level of aggressiveness, both physical and passive, is legendary. - NPS
  • Legume
    Legume Posts: 14,602
    kl8ton said:

I want pics of the corny merch.  There’s always corny merch for sale in the Kountry Store or Tradin’ Post.
  • alaskanassasin
    alaskanassasin Posts: 7,597
    @Ozzie_Isaac we have a local feed mill that will grind whatever you want however you want it. Worth looking out for. About half the price of tsc
    South of Columbus, Ohio.

• SGH
    SGH Posts: 28,791
    Working on some carnitas.

Awesome brother. A true turd builder right there 👍

Location- Just "this side" of Biloxi, Ms.

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

• Ozzie_Isaac
    @Ozzie_Isaac we have a local feed mill that will grind whatever you want however you want it. Worth looking out for. About half the price of tsc
    We have a place about 160 mile round trip that grinds.  Their prices used to 12/bag but now they are 18/bag.  The real painful part was local hay broker.  He quit because margins were so small.  Now only place for Bermuda and Alfalfa is the big feedlots.  Their prices are all.the same.  Mostly try to see who has good cuttings.  Last few months Bermuda has been awful.  Feeding solely pellets right now.
  • WeberWho
    WeberWho Posts: 11,008
    I thought we were hanging out tonight? @Canugghead @GrateEggspectations

"The pig is an amazing animal. You feed a pig an apple and it makes bacon. Let's see Michael Phelps do that" - Jim Gaffigan

Minnesota
  • kl8ton
    kl8ton Posts: 5,410
    kl8ton said:

Ah, yeah.  I assumed he lived on site year round.. Didn't realize he could get away.  I would love the job, except for the people part.
    @Ozzie_Isaac @The Cen-@Ozzie_Isaac

I do live onsite.  Our campground is open year round. 

I just had my lowest stress and event free holiday weekend ever.  

I have a great staff.  I get away plenty.  

Every job/ career I've had... there's always customers.  I didn't have to kick any out this weekend! No emergency responders had to be called.  It went great! 

Large, Medium, MiniMax, & 22, and 36" Blackstone
    Grand Rapids MI
  • paqman said:
    Watching the sky. 

A full week and counting without electricity. 

That is a long time without electricity!  Any damage to the property?

We got away with less than an hour without electricity, damage to the roof on the shed, and damage to the electricity conduit.  The neighbours fence is totally destroyed, they have damage to the roof on the house, gazebo is destroyed and I could keep going on.  We got very lucky!  I was on my way back home when the storm hit with no sign of what was coming until I started getting alerts from the security system…

Sorry to hear about the shed roof and conduit.

No damage for us. We were really lucky, as some of the biggest trees in the area are in my neighbours’ backyard. I do not know how they survived unscathed. Lots of mature trees lost in the area. 
  • kl8ton
    Legume said:
    kl8ton said:

I want pics of the corny merch.  There’s always corny merch for sale in the Kountry Store or Tradin’ Post.
    We have sweatshirts, t shirts, coffee mugs,  playing cards,  sunglasses,  coasters,  flashlight pens, magnets,  keychains, etc 

One lady came in looking for a Christmas ornament with our logo.... we don't have that.

We have nostalgic candy. Ice cream,  all the convenience store stuff too. 

Ther supply chain is still fairly screwed up.  Still hard to get "everything"
    Grand Rapids MI
  • theyolksonyou
    theyolksonyou Posts: 18,458
    One lady came in looking for a Christmas ornament with our logo.... we don't have that.

I’m out. 
  • kl8ton
    edited May 2022

I’m out. 
    It's now on the list.  A local laser shop does alot of our stuff.  He can laser out a snowflake with our logo in it and etch your family photo into it too!

Anything anybody wants, we try to have. We don't want them to have to leave.   You can charge all purchases to your site like a hotel room.  Some of these kids are in the store every 20 minutes buying.  
    Grand Rapids MI
  • theyolksonyou
    theyolksonyou Posts: 18,458
    edited May 2022
    It is a thing here. We get an ornament from different places we stay.  

Or, in the case of Barcelona, a pooper.  It’s a Catalan thing.  
  • kl8ton
    I guess we did have one hiccup.  Our reservation software that we use, as does thousands of campgrounds in the US and Canada,  was stressed so badly on Friday at check in time, it locked up.  Could not run a transaction for a couple hours.  The software provider was lit up on the social media channels we are in.  Seems to happen every year.   
    Grand Rapids MI
  • Ybabpmuts
    kl8ton said

It's now on the list.  A local laser shop does alot of our stuff.  He can laser out a snowflake with our logo in it and etch your family photo into it too!
    That sounds odd ..

It doesn't matter what they're lasering out of a snowflake because they're so small nobody is gonna see it anyway, plus I'm pretty sure if they went through the trouble of looking under a microscope or a magnifying glass for their photo, both of those require a light source, and light equals heat, which melts snowflakes ... so that'll get the lawyers involved. The mfg lawyers will say the test process melted the photos that were there on the surface before testing began, the opposition lawyers will say you were surreptitiously calling their client a blob-faced ice witch and the testing results prove that.

I'm not sure how that'd go. If you want to win, I'd try and get a court room and make sure it's really warm ... in case the other side calls witnesses. Puddles can't be sworn in because it would ruin the bible they''d have to swear-on in order to testify. You have to remember though ..  the other side is going to want a freezing cold court room to try and save face.

StumpBaby

• Canugghead
    Canugghead Posts: 11,458
    WeberWho said:
    I thought we were hanging out tonight? @Canugghead @GrateEggspectations

Welcome, hope you brought your skis instead of hunting rifles  ;)
    canuckland
  • alaskanassasin
    alaskanassasin Posts: 7,597
    @dbCooper same here
    South of Columbus, Ohio.