Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Brisket Camp in NOLA!!!

Comments

• TigerTony
    TigerTony Posts: 1,078
    @20stone I really enjoyed meeting and talking to you and mrs20. ya'll are so nice. Glad you enjoyed your trip to N.O.. Please come back, there is lots more to see and do down here.
    "I'm stupidest when I try to be funny" 
    New Orleans

• 20stone
    20stone Posts: 1,961
    @TigerTony, it had been too long since we scooted over to NO, and we appreciate the hospitality.  We will make sure to come back soon, and take in more of the city.
    (now only 16 stone)

Joule SV
    GE induction stove
    Gasser by the community pool (currently unavailable)
    Scale (which one of my friends refuses to use)
    Friends with BGEs and myriad other fired devices (currently unavail IRL)
    Occasional access to a KBQ and Webber Kettle
    Charcuterie and sourdough enthusiast
    Prosciuttos in an undisclosed location

Austin, TX
  • SGH
    SGH Posts: 28,810
    Been unloading all day. Where is the Party Monster when I need him? Passed out of course.
    imageimage
    Unit 1 is all that remains to be unloaded. Thank God. I'm beat.

imageimageimageimageimage

Location- Just "this side" of Biloxi, Ms.

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

• Hibby
    Hibby Posts: 606
    @SGH In the corner shot with all of the charcoal, one of these things is not like the others. What do you use Kingsford for?
    I cook. I eat. I repeat. Thornville, Ohio
  • lkapigian
    lkapigian Posts: 11,060
    I am in next time------------------Need more heads up :)
    Visalia, Ca @lkapigian
  • buzd504
    buzd504 Posts: 3,851
    Hibby said:
    @SGH In the corner shot with all of the charcoal, one of these things is not like the others. What do you use Kingsford for?

Unit 1 eats kingsford like candy.
    NOLA
  • Hibby
    Hibby Posts: 606
    forgive me if I'm wrong but don't all the binders in briquettes promote rust?
    I cook. I eat. I repeat. Thornville, Ohio
  • TigerTony
    edited September 2014
    Here's some action shots. We need a caption for the second photo...
    New Orleans

• TigerTony
    The drinking teamimage
    New Orleans

• DMW
    DMW Posts: 13,832
    @nolaegghead I meant to mention this earlier, but the Atari shirt is great.
    They/Them
    Morgantown, PA

XL BGE - S BGE - KJ Jr - HB Legacy - BS Pizza Oven - 30" Firepit - King Kooker Fryer -  PR72T - WSJ - BS 17" Griddle - XXL BGE  - BS SS36" Griddle - 2 Burner Gasser - Pellet Smoker
  • DMW
    DMW Posts: 13,832
    TigerTony said:
    Here's some action shots. We need a caption for the second photo...

Whadya mean we're outta food?!?!?
    They/Them
    Morgantown, PA

XL BGE - S BGE - KJ Jr - HB Legacy - BS Pizza Oven - 30" Firepit - King Kooker Fryer -  PR72T - WSJ - BS 17" Griddle - XXL BGE  - BS SS36" Griddle - 2 Burner Gasser - Pellet Smoker
  • lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 33,559

We need a caption for the second photo..."Honest guys-I only ate one packer...!"

Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • THEBuckeye
    THEBuckeye Posts: 4,232
    "I didn't have sexual relations with that woman......"
    New Albany, Ohio 

• nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    Dropped off the eggs. Replaced the gasket and aligned Scott's egg first. Having some scallops and bloody Mary's with mom and Fleur before mom goes to the airport. Light at end of tunnel...
    edited September 2014
    Second photo - "Listen, I am extremely hungry right now cooking all this food and my appetite is huge. You can either get in this smoker, or I will put you in it. So whats it gonna be brother?"

Caption for guy on the left (sorry don't know the names) "Dude, I think he's serious"
  • TigerTony
    Dropped off the eggs. Replaced the gasket and aligned Scott's egg first. Having some scallops and bloody Mary's with mom and Fleur before mom goes to the airport. Light at end of tunnel...
    @Nolaegghead > Looks like they ate at teh Blue Crab. Nice! Ya gotta try their stuffed flounder.
    New Orleans

• R2Egg2Q
    R2Egg2Q Posts: 2,136
    edited September 2014
    Looks like you guys had a great time (& a lotta work that probably isn't obviously apparent in these pics)!

As for a caption for that photo with SGH, what comes to mind is:"Cen-Tex, what do you mean you put a SRF Wagyu packer in here??"
    XL, Large, Small, Mini Eggs, Shirley Fabrication 24x36 Patio, Humphrey's Weekender, Karubecue C-60, MAK 1-Star General, Hasty Bake Gourmet, Santa Maria Grill, Webers: 14" WSM, 22.5" OTG, 22.5" Kettle Premium, WGA Charcoal, Summit S-620 NG

Bay Area, CA
  • JRWhitee
    JRWhitee Posts: 5,678
    Caption: They just towed your truck!

Johns Creek, Georgia
  • nolaegghead
    "I didn't know that bucket was for food."
    Zarcon said:
    Second photo - "Listen, I am extremely hungry right now cooking all this food and my appetite is huge. You can either get in this smoker, or I will put you in it. So whats it gonna be brother?"

Caption for guy on the left (sorry don't know the names) "Dude, I think he's serious"
    @Zarcon > You don't know their names? The one on the right could possibly be the most famous of all eggers on this forum. The younger one is his offspring. ;)
    New Orleans

• SGH
    Unit 6. Home safe and sound.
    imageimage

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

• SGH
    @Hibby‌
    I use the Kingsford just to bring Unit 1 online and up to temp. Once she settles in I feed her wood pretty much from then on.

Status- Standing by.

• nolaegghead
    @SGH - hey, I was looking at the stuff on my camera and found some extraordinary footage!
    @Hibby‌
    I bring Units 2 through 6 online the same way. Kingsford is very cheap. Wood is not.

Status- Standing by.

• SGH
    @nolaegghead‌
    I would love to see it brother. Is it by chance video? ;)

Status- Standing by.

• nolaegghead
    Alas, I am tired.  I'll just say the footage is something I thought wasn't filmed.  Will come out later.  Nite, y'all.
    @nolaegghead‌
    Is it that we did in honor of caz? ? If so how is the audio quality? I got to hear it brother. Post it!!!

Status- Standing by.

• nolaegghead
    @SGH - I dunno.  The audio was a little fuzzy.  I must admit, my friend, that I'm not as acute a listener as I am when my batteries are fully charged.  We'll subject it to forensic analysis later this week. I'm wore out.
    @nolaegghead‌
    I just got home myself with Unit 6. Tired as all get out. Have a good one my friend. Oh I picked up a sack of oysters for supper tomorrow night! Man those things were awesome. Angie is making me cook her some.

Status- Standing by.

• nolaegghead
    Alright buddy.  We learned the secret yesterday with grilled oysters - that's a big deal.  I think we can match or even beat Dragos.  Take care of Angie.  sleep well.